Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Here they are
Thank you! I love you so much
Old 5th September 2019, 19:25   #2567
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
What is the definition of 'real life' FE here? If someone is hell bent on achieving the best possible FE, these figures may be achievable. But in 'real life' you need to be driving with the flow of traffic and should accelerate to close the gaps whenever there is an opportunity, otherwise there will be 10 vehicles honking behind.
I have tried all kind of things (driving in manual mode, keeping an eye on the instantaneous FE and being gentle on the A pedal etc) in my i20 CVT but I have struggled to cross even 6.5kmpl in Bangalore traffic. I tend to believe that the actual FE (on petrol DCT) would be almost 50% of what he claims.
@AGwagon, I think he is after TRP (views, likes, subscriptions) for his Youtube channel by providing 'sensational' news.
Absolutely, and yes it is very different to generalise real life FE here, even if you are the taking out the difference in driver/driving and in car out of the equation, your FE can very in different cities, in different times, in different months, in different routes.

I had shared this in the MG thread, but sharing it here as well. Buy the TOI article below, the economics would soon work out in favour of hybrid and EV, as they would only be able to deliver a decent economy and convenience (automatics) in our crawling stop & go city traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-office-commute.jpeg  

AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 19:36   #2568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

This person claims to have received the real-time mileage figures from actual owners.
Just avoid any reviews from this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post

When asked about the GST news, he said they have been appraised about the situation and KIA thinks the slab reduction from 28% to 18% is highly unlikely, which would leave the treasury poorer by 125,000 crores a month.
This figure might be for the whole year or 12 months from Automobile sector , since the entire monthly average collection itself is 1 lakh crores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
This guy has been an overenthusiastic idiot wrt Seltos right from the beginning, to the extent he got the brochures printed.
Is there anyway, that we can block these kind of reviewers? The moment you type Kia Seltos, this guy pops up. And he keeps posting new recycled videos every second or third day.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 09:52   #2569
BHPian

I am confused between Diesel HTE and Petrol HTK. There is a minor difference in their price and HTE has everything that I need in a car.

Is the 1.5l diesel engine good? Will it last long without niggles and not become harsh after 1lac kms?

I am thinking of seltos petrol because initially diesel engines are refined but they become harsh and un drivable like my sx4 zdi. I have come to hate the vibration.

Arrived at the decision of going for petrol considering how the car is going to drive past 1lac or so kms. But there is barely any price difference. And one thing is sure that petrol engine are refined even post 1 to 1.5 kms.

Some help please.

Last edited by psbali : 6th September 2019 at 09:55. Reason: Rephrased
psbali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 10:03   #2570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Some help please.
Eyes closed, and buy the petrol, UNLESS eking out every rupee per km running cost is important (diesel prices are higher than before though).

In every other sense, a petrol car will be more refined, be a bit more future-proof than diesel (when electrics come in full force, diesel will take the initial large hit, only then petrol will follow much later) and will also be cheaper to maintain and acquire than a diesel engined car of the same spec.

Take the appropriate warranty, try to get cheaper insurance from outside (if at all possible) and you're set for 5-6 years of hassle-free ownership even with the arrival of electrics.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 10:19   #2571
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hyundai diesel engines are known to be long lasting, in fact there is even a thread dedicated to this:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showt...errerid=101617 (Long-term reliability of Hyundai's diesel engines)

However, with the Petrol engine you get the latest Smartstream technology from Hyundai. The Diesel engine is over 13 years old - The 1.5 CRDI VGT was introduced in the Verna of two generations back in 2006.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 10:28   #2572
BHPian

Quote:
I am confused between Diesel HTE and Petrol HTK. There is a minor difference in their price and HTE has everything that I need in a car.

Some help please.
Since no reviews or test drives are available for Petrol 1.5 NA it is difficult to comment on how good the motor is. I got a chance to rev that motor in the showroom. The engine is very refined with nil vibrations. Diesel with high torque will surely feel more peppier. Also Hyundai diesels are good on longevity too. But this 1.5 NA should be sufficiently good for many average Joes out there like me.

Cheers.

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 6th September 2019 at 10:29. Reason: Typo
hydraulicsteer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 11:03   #2573
Distinguished - BHPian

How is the pricing going to be for the upcoming GTX+ AT variants? The current diesel HTX+ AT, GTX AT and GTX+ MT, all cost 15.99 ex showroom. It would be safe to assume a 1L premium over the manual and hence the expected pricing of the GTX+ AT (Petrol) would be in the 16.99L range. But what about the Diesel AT GTX+. The HTX+ AT Diesel is already priced at 15.99L and the GTX+ variant would be likely priced again at a premium of 1L for the feature differences bringing it also in the 16.99L category.

This would make up for a very interesting turn of events where for the first time (correct me if I am wrong), the diesel and petrol AT variants would be priced at par. The whole Petrol/Diesel running cost debate would have a new angle now since the input cost is same for both the vehicles, possibly making diesel a better option due to savings on running cost right from day 1.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 11:26   #2574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Pure fear mongering and a very lame attempt, i must say. Tell him that Alto BS-VI has already been launched by Maruti and the difference is no where close to 60k (it is 15-20k i think).

Also, i don't see Kia raising prices by a lakh in the next 6 months or so. Next generation Creta will be pretty different and may even come with 7-seat option so you really cannot compare. Kia, just like any other OEM, will increase prices in a couple of months since the product has tasted success (looking at number of bookings), but the increase could be 1-3% at max. This is my guess looking at the general trend.
I agree Tarik. Even I don't see Kia raising prices (substantially) - not in this economic climate. I mean that would be committing harakiri - or whatever the Korean equivalent is. I was wondering if there is a Korean equivalent but then looking at North Korea...there must be.
Old 6th September 2019, 11:28   #2575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post

Is there anyway, that we can block these kind of reviewers? The moment you type Kia Seltos, this guy pops up. And he keeps posting new recycled videos every second or third day.
Since there are enough people out there who wouldn't suspect anything wrong with him/his videos and he can always delete negative comments on his videos from people like us, so best is to self preserve.

You can just block his channel on your youtube preference and you would be free!

Last edited by AGwagon : 6th September 2019 at 11:30.
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 11:34   #2576
BHPian

The maximum number of cars Kia (or even MG) can sell is not based on factory production capacity or the ability of dealers to manage stock, infact it is the number of cars that service center's are designed to manage.

Most cautious people wait 1 year after an established brand launches a car, assuming that the company will iron out all quirks that can happen in the hands of customers during real world usage.

Here the company and product both are new, management hierarchies would've just barely been setup a few months.

So in this environment, can technical experts really put their best effort? They may endeavour to do so, but I'd buy neither brands cars till 6-8 months simply because the ASCs will neither be able to give due attention even if they want to, nor would they themselves be experienced at understanding the possible issues with the car.

IMO True test will start after 1 year when this honeymoon period fizzles out and the brands will have to start rationalising costs.
WorkingGuru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 12:31   #2577
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Some help please.
Even though I am a typical engine(read performance) guy, in this case, I would recommend the HTK petrol. The diesel while offering you a much better performance, in its HTE guise, will make you feel shortchanged every time you drive the car and have a look at the its interiors.

It would be a difficult decision for someone impartial to both petrol and diesel, as the diesel performance would keep you happy throughout the course of the car ownership, but its interiors would make you frown and feel shortchanged. The exact reverse may be applicable for the petrol.

As a total package, I feel HTK petrol> HTE diesel.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 12:38   #2578
BHPian

Hi Friends - Need some help..!

I am looking for a compact SUV and a bit confused whether to go with HTX 1.5 NA petrol or GTK 1.4 Turbo Petrol variant. I am only looking for Manual and not automatic. I took a test drive of both 1.5 AT and 1.4 petrol DCT variants as manual were not available. I felt 1.4T gave more spirited drive compared to 1.5 IVT. As am looking for Manual variants, need your suggestion to select the right variant. This will be primarily used in City traffic and occasional highway trip.

Is it worth paying 60k premium to GTK 1.4 Turbo which is a base variant in GT line over HTX 1.5 NA which is a top-end variant in Tech line?
Old 6th September 2019, 14:05   #2579

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwask82 View Post
Hi Friends - Need some help..!
I would suggest you test drive both the 1.4L and 1.5L Petrol manual transmissions before taking a decision, the auto variants will not give you the best idea. I just test drove the DCT and made my decision on GTX+ DCT based on the additional safety features on offer. I'm really tempted to spend 5L less and just take the IVT but considering I plan on keeping the car for 9-10 years I decided not to compromise.
autoenthu88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 14:19   #2580
Senior - BHPian

Overdrive Comparison test : Kia Seltos vs MG Hector

Quote:
The Seltos and the Hector rewrite the rules for the segment and seem to have pushed each manufacturer to put their best foot forward stepping into the country. That's a great thing for us, no? Especially when you consider the starting prices for both these SUVs. At the price of these fully-loaded variants, we think that the Seltos (which is essentially Creta-sized) is a harder sell but its sheer quality and sophistication is hard to ignore. Ultimately if it's space you want, the Hector is your best bet. As for us, the Seltos is good enough to make us question if we even really need all that space in an urban SUV.

Source
coolkurt is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks