Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2019, 10:48   #2896
REN
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I have a question and sorry if I missed it earlier. Is Seltos BS6 ready or is it BS6?
Seltos is BS6-Compliant not just BS6 Ready. Kia say that all their engines have been tested extensively to run on BS4 fuel.
REN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 10:56   #2897
Senior - BHPian

How are the brakes Bhpians? Had to give Creta auto is know to have poor brakes in comparison to the performance on tap, how does its cousin fare in this department?
Old 22nd September 2019, 11:13   #2898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
How are the brakes Bhpians? Had to give Creta auto is know to have poor brakes in comparison to the performance on tap, how does its cousin fare in this department?
Test drove the gtx dct
Brakes were excellent with good bite
The car is much less wallowy than a creta

Have not driven the diesel auto yet
Very difficult to get test drives at our convenience in Cochin

sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 11:34   #2899
BHPian

Took delivery of my Seltos 1.5L MT Diesel HTK+ variant day before yesterday.
Completed 260 Kms and I am already impressed.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190921_101413.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190921_094507.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190921_091538.jpg

Pros:
- Engine performance: Loved the engine response especially at low RPM, very fun to drive. Low NVH.
- Looks: Glazier white pearl. You may say its based on a person's personal preference but everyone I showed my car was very much impressed by it's looks. It was either black or white for me, thanks to Kia for not having black as an option for my variant choice. Also, my office parking is out on the open and white would not heat up my car as much as other colors would. Add the low scratch visibility of white color and you have a winner.
- Mileage: My average mileage in the city was around 13-15Km/L and 18-22Km/L in the highway which is quiet impressive eventhough it's too early to comment on the same.
- Handling: Comfortable to drive, steering didn't feel light like how some people mentioned here, has enough roughness. Road visibility is great. Didn't feel much body roll either.
- Headlight: After a short drive in the night, I felt the headlight has enough brightness and does its job nicely.
- Suspension: Because of the horrible roads at my place I got to test my suspension and it felt good, but nothing impressive. No complaints anyway.
Cons:
- Rear seat width is much less than what I was expecting. Tight for 3 people. Low thigh support as well, but lots of legroom.
- No front parking sensor in the HTK+ variant which I believe is needed because of its long hood size. Also miss the blind view monitor.

Why did I choose the HTK+ variant?
- Hyper metallic alloy wheels. I don't know why many of you didn't like the alloys of HTK+ variant, it looks great with the white color IMO. The wheels look very boring in the HTK making the overall appearance of the car very less attractive. It doesn't justify the price difference though. So if you're on a budget and the boring wheels don't matter to you, HTK is what you need. You could also buy the HTK and buy aftermarket alloy wheels if that's all that you need.
- Rear door sunshade curtain is useful.
- Rear wiper and washer, defogger, heartbeat LED DRL, push button start are other nice features in the HTK+ variant.
- Tried the cruise control for a short period of time, cruise control is not something I would be able to use on a daily basis as most of my journey would be in the city. But definitely a good addition.
- Initially I wanted to buy the HTX because of its huge feature list, but the higher price and complexity of having more features which in turn would also increase the maintenance cost made me go for HTK+. But that's just my personal preference. I have a feeling you wouldn't go wrong in any variant as every variant has its advantages.
binoyyj is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 11:40   #2900
BHPian

All diesel models of Kia comes with disc brakes on all 4 wheels. GT line petrol models have 4 discs. Considering, I test drove HTX+ AT and GTX DCT, brakes were very good. Handling and braking was nothing like creta, it was way better in my opinion .
v6kgang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 12:36   #2901

Is it only me or with everyone that i cannot see page no. 193??

It shows either or 194. Tried accessing it in every way.
guessme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 12:36   #2902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
@Mods Small typo here, intended to type " Had to give Creta a miss as auto is know..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Test drove the gtx dct
Brakes were excellent with good bite
The car is much less wallowy than a creta

Have not driven the diesel auto yet
Very difficult to get test drives at our convenience in Cochin

Glad to know that all wheel disc is not just for show !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
All diesel models of Kia comes with disc brakes on all 4 wheels. GT line petrol models have 4 discs. Considering, I test drove HTX+ AT and GTX DCT, brakes were very good. Handling and braking was nothing like creta, it was way better in my opinion .
So Seltos is surely a good overall package which seems to be the company's aim, as they have given so many engine and transmission options!

Hope reliability part is taken care of. Everything else seems to be spot on.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 13:11   #2903

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
First of all, congrats on the booking. I am in the same boat as yours as I have narrowed down my choices to Seltos GT line and Octavia 1.4/1.8 TSI.

I am wondering why you chose the Seltos over the Octavia because I am leaning more towards the Octavia.
Well, when Seltos was way far from the launch news, I booked Civic in early Feb 2019. With not much of choice in the segnent, I tried the 1.8 Octy too. Like you already have realised, Octy is a segment above the Seltos and scores high in many aspects in addition to just performance. However, the segment and class it falls to is not comparable with Seltos at all. I was so confused whether to go for Octy or Civic. I then heard about the inside stories of Skoda service in Odisha. The ex GM of Mahavir Skoda is a friend of mine who narrated a few of his experiences to me and requested me to stay off from Skoda any day in India. The service centre lacked the expertise for which they used to hire local mechanics to do the job. Can you imagine this seriously? A fantastic German Engine is being handled by untrained locals!!!!

That said, he and I were on the same page that Skoda engines are as good as BMW ones but a proper lookafter through servicing is something that has been deciding the success of Skoda in India. Things have improved a bit for sure but the first impression has its own style of judging out things. The new SA promised a lot and requested to give Skoda a chance if I bought the Octy. There are a few occasions when the heart should respect the mind - I didn't give in at all though all tempted. If he was so sure of quality service, I asked him to guarantee that in written which he didn't. Guess what - he's left Skoda recently. I believed we were good friends when he was in Skoda. He behaved nicely and was always prompt in returning calls or texts. Surprisingly, he does not respond now! Is it because I didn't buy the Octy? Is courtesy or manner limited to certain things only? For me, everything counts. So, in a nutshell, Octy is a very nice machine if you could own it in other countries. Skoda India has still a lot to do to win customers' trust. Only to ensure peace of mind, I moved away from Octy. Civic is a reliable machine but spending 26 odd lakhs of rupees doesn't give you performance nor the premium feel at the rear. Well, handling is top-notch anyway. The previous two reasons and a mediocre music system made me to choose Seltos DCT.

Come to the performance of DCT, I clocked 0-100 and even 20-100 within 10 sec and 9 sec respectively in sports mode. The steering feel was fabulous as if you are driving a Range Rover Evoque!

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
I have been the same path really, Octavia is my first love for it's sheer performance. However Octavia is due for an upgrade next year.hese are my reasons.
Your reasons are all valid Mate! If you still crave for Octy RS, there's a greater chance the 245bhp is coming in first quarter of 2020. You could wait or alternatively, there is a red RS waiting to be adopted in the showroom here with just 3000 kms in its odo. Let me know if you are keen!
Old 22nd September 2019, 13:43   #2904
BHPian

Diesel Seltos TC

At last, test drove the diesel Seltos HTX+ with torque converter

Pros
+ Ventillated Seats - The Ventillation feature is Excellent
+ NVH of engine

Cons
- Poor pick up for a 20L car - I am not used to TC gear boxes. I would rather drive my remapped 1.3 S cross manual. The TC gear box is not tuned for enthusiasts. Neither is it tuned for fuel-efficiency.
- Bose system is bassy and disappointing. I would on any day take my morels without a subwoofer or amplifier over these.
- Seats are not very good, compared to the GT line ones, probably the ventilated seats are a bit softer than the non-ventilated ones. I would take a firm lumbar support over this feature though it is a great feeling on the back and thighs.
- Took a lot of time to pair my phone to the sound system (Anyone noted such delays?)

Conclusion
I won't buy a diesel automatic Seltos. Period
Only the 1.4 DCT GTX and GTX+ remain

I would miss only 2 or 3 features in the GTX+
- Ventilated seats
- 360 degree camera
- Sun roof (May be not !!)

Now comes the dilemma GTX vs GTX+ vs Booking Cancellation

I should be spending an additional 1.5-1.6 lakhs for these features in the GTX+.
Kia has not started production of these models and deliveries would start only in November.
So the only option for me now is to consider the 1.4 DCT GTX or cancel the booking and continue my hunt.
Maybe I should go and drive the Compass Trailhawk to get an idea about the TC MJD combination (soon to be introduced in lower Jeep variants) or a Hector DCT perhaps.

Last edited by sandygordon : 22nd September 2019 at 13:44.
sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 13:53   #2905
BHPian

This is what’s on offer by the in-house insurance at most dealers -
1yr comprehensive + 3yr third-party.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1574cdb4e2d849dd876ce32e2006d9bd.jpeg  

dksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 18:33   #2906
BHPian

Re: Diesel Seltos TC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
- Took a lot of time to pair my phone to the sound system (Anyone noted such delays?)
There are few complaints in Bangalore Seltos WhatsApp group about issues with audio system specific to HTX and HTX+ they got an email from KIA that a software update will roll out in 2 weeks to fix the issue.

- someone tried to remove yellow background 'Live to drive' Team-BHP sticker with little succes & ended up damaging the same. I pasted the new design sticker.

Old sticker

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190922_182300.jpg

New sticker

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190922_181837.jpg
Don Dasco is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 20:10   #2907
BHPian

So, my vehicle has been in transit from factory (Ananthpur?) for more than a week. It was supposed to arrive on 19th, then 22nd and no word yet. I wanted to get a PDI done at the yard and then do the payment and paperwork. Can't imagine a truck taking 10 days to drive the distance to Bangalore. While the sales lady has been quite professional, rest of the dealership including ambience and organization is pathetic.

I'm wondering if the dealer is playing dirty tricks to reallocate to someone else or Kia is fast becoming a Fiat (great cars, totally poor dealership). Any dispatch number or schedule i can ask for and check?
Old 22nd September 2019, 23:14   #2908
BHPian

I don't know what's happening, but I'm not complaining! Had booked the 1.5 D HTX+ in silver, on 29th August. At that time, I was promised delivery by first week of November.
Today, I get a call from the dealer, saying we can give you the car in 3 days, can you arrange payment.
Told them that I would confirm by tomorrow afternoon.
I don't know the reason for this sudden change, but could it be due to someone cancelling their booking?

Last edited by John : 22nd September 2019 at 23:33.
John is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 23:20   #2909
BHPian

I pre-booked my car in July and made the full payment on 28th Aug in Chennai. The model I have booked is HTX+ D. I was promised delivery latest by 1st or 2nd week of September, since they claimed the vehicle was in their yard in Chennai. On Sep 5th my sales contact fails to respond(supposedly on leave) and I had to reach to a team lead in the dealership to understand the vehicle wasn't in the yard and that one of the employees had made an "error".

From Sep 5th I have been passed around from one person to another asking time for 2-3 days to give me an update and finally the dealership manager assured me 28th Sep as date of delivery and no later than that. I can't understand why one car from the factory can't be pulled and given to the dealer on priority basis! Is the logistics arrangement that bad? All I get to hear is all this happened due to a single person's clerical/technical/logistical error. There can't be a worse excuse. .

I am not even sure if 28th will be the final date as I have lost hope! And the entire money is stuck with the dealer. I am wondering if I should just cancel the booking.

I don't know if KIA is becoming what Skoda was in India in terms of service, dealership etc. It's been such a bad experience so far.
liner4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 00:36   #2910

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I don't know what's happening, but I'm not complaining! Had booked the 1.5 D HTX+ in silver, on 29th August. At that time, I was promised delivery by first week of November.
Today, I get a call from the dealer, saying we can give you the car in 3 days, can you arrange payment.
Told them that I would confirm by tomorrow afternoon.
I don't know the reason for this sudden change, but could it be due to someone cancelling their booking?
In gurgaon at least i know it was readily available. I was offered to take delivery of htk+ with 2 3 days of booking.
guessme is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed