Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2019, 13:53   #2986
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
I would rather have my left foot exercise than that horrible TC gearbox. It might be smooth when you caress it but when you are in a hurry it fails big time.
I wonder why you felt the automatic to be so bad. I didn't find it missing anything, and unlike AMTs it responded rather well for sudden inputs, giving typical diesel engine surge. Besides, in the life of vehicle, how many % of times will one be in a hurry vs in traffic or highway (non hurried driving)?
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 14:03   #2987
BHPian

This diesel v petrol thing is driving me nuts. For the safety features, I've decided to change my booking from HTX to GTX+. Now, the dilemma is that petrol and diesel cost the same. I'm no enthusiast, and the car will mostly be driven in the city. However, I only drive it for around 800 kilometers per month. Keeping the maintenance costs and everything in mind, which will be a better buy? :(
Old 27th September 2019, 14:15   #2988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK. Oby View Post
This diesel v petrol thing is driving me nuts. For the safety features, I've decided to change my booking from HTX to GTX+. Now, the dilemma is that petrol and diesel cost the same. I'm no enthusiast, and the car will mostly be driven in the city. However, I only drive it for around 800 kilometers per month. Keeping the maintenance costs and everything in mind, which will be a better buy? :(

With 800kms you should be able to break even faster with a diesel due to lower fuel costs only. Dont see a challenge in diesel service nowdays.
dadu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 14:30   #2989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK. Oby View Post
Diesel. Even for those 800 kms, it costs less and the car will fetch yo more resale value when you decide to sell it.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 15:38   #2990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
With 800kms you should be able to break even faster with a diesel due to lower fuel costs only. Dont see a challenge in diesel service nowdays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Diesel. Even for those 800 kms, it costs less and the car will fetch yo more resale value when you decide to sell it.

Seems to be the case, after doing deep analysis too. The only sane reason to pull one towards the DCT seems to be the performance, especially because maintenance for the TGDI and diesel must mostly be the same. For those looking for peace of mind, and a pleasant drive with the knowledge that you're saving rupees with every kilometre, I guess the diesel is the best.
HK. Oby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 17:57   #2991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Besides having a better thermodynamic efficiency than Petrols, Diesel cars often have much better range to a full tank. They're also less affected by quality of the fuel than Petrols. This is a boon if you're gonna be refuelling at state highways or semi-rural pumps often used by trucks.
DueLLeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 19:23   #2992
BHPian

Saw HTE Model in Red color. It seems, this color is from initial batch. The Car was supposed to be delivered yesterday. But, you can book only in white & silver color.

The low beam is on top and the projector is for high beam. I guess, it should've been vice versa.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1569592387959.jpg  

jaaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 20:42   #2993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Saw HTE Model in Red color. It seems, this color is from initial batch. The Car was supposed to be delivered yesterday. But, you can book only in white & silver color.

The low beam is on top and the projector is for high beam. I guess, it should've been vice versa.
Am i the only one who feels that the base varient and the top varient look like two different cars?
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 20:57   #2994
Senior - BHPian

The Seltos crossed 40K bookings in 35 days, a new record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Am i the only one who feels that the base varient and the top varient look like two different cars?
Nope. However it is the effect of the trims and the tyre sizes. The chrome, fogs. diffusers etc make a huge difference in the appearance of the car.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 20:58   #2995
Senior - BHPian

Booked a HTE diesel for my B-I-L, Its 11.84 Lacs on-road here in Nagpur. Waiting period quoted was 2-3 months, but will try and get the delivery by Diwali.
agspins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 21:35   #2996
BHPian

Seat covers installed on HTK+

Finally, got some time, visited Epitome KIA & bought Tan seat covers, they referred a nearby accessories shop to install the same, I also got steering cover installed.

Price : Seat covers : INR 5695/-, Steering cover : INR800/-

Below are pictures, took in different timings of the day & night, pardon the phone camera quality.

Work in progress

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-wip1.jpg
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-wip2.jpg
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-wip3.jpg

Price & model info

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-price.jpg
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seat-model-sticker.jpg

Warranty Info

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-warranty-card-front.jpg
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-warranty-card.jpg

Pics taken at 4pm with cabin lights on

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-back-left-front.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-back-seat-left.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-back-seat-right.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-back-seat.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-driver.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-boot.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-front-pass-rear.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-front-pass-seat.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-front-seats-rear.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-front-seats.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-pass-front.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-rear-1.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-rear.jpg

Pics taken at 7pm in closed parking with cabin lights

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-night-front-rear.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-night-front.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-night-rear.jpg

Steering cover installation :

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-steering-cover-wip.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-steering-1.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-steering-2.jpg

Last edited by Don Dasco : 27th September 2019 at 21:46. Reason: Edited price info.
Don Dasco is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 21:51   #2997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dasco View Post

Finally, got some time, visited Epitome KIA & bought Tan seat covers, they referred a nearby accessories shop to install the same, I also got steering cover installed.

Sir, sorry to say but the fit and finish is not upto the mark and the steering wheel cover is a real eyesore.

I hope the creases dissapear with time and usage.

Last edited by revvharder : 27th September 2019 at 21:52.
revvharder is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 22:40   #2998
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

These are OEM seat covers? Sorry and don't mean to make it sound bad but those seat covers are not great. Really poor fit and they have removed the contours from the OEM seats.
Vid6639 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 22:45   #2999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Sir, sorry to say but the fit and finish is not upto the mark and the steering wheel cover is a real eyesore.

I hope the creases dissapear with time and usage.
I completely agree on the fit and finish somewhat not completely satisfied but no complaints, for the total time taken and for this price this is OK. I always wanted to get everything custom stitched, had spoken with Marvin leather dealer sometime back, they asked to leave the car for 3 to 4 days for mesaurements and installation, with my current usage of the car I couldn't afford that.
Don Dasco is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 23:01   #3000
BHPian

Quote:

Very strange that Kia is providing different seats for different models like Hyundai. No armrest, no adjustable headrest at the rear, bench like seat with no contouring and no 60/40 split. We get the cost control factor but atleast don't take away the seating comfort which matters the most

As per the seat covers, Kia needs to improve their fit and finish - it looks very aftermarket. Personally I wouldn't put the cover- the fabric seats themselves look good on their own.

I mean the seat covers atleast protect the fabric from spillage of liquids. So it serves the purpose while sacrificing the aesthetic feel.

They should learn something from Maruti Suzuki who provide really good accessories. I have also come across a complaint regarding the car dustbin that doesn't fit anywhere. Very strange.

Even the wheel protector is a very ugly option available and adding to that a list of cheap unnecessary chrome accessories (as if the car itself came along with less chrome)

Accessories are anyways optional and not a cause of deal breaker.

Last edited by momsonlydriver : 27th September 2019 at 23:03.
momsonlydriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed