Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2019, 15:19   #3151
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasoned_rubber View Post
My SA just informed me 6 GTX+ DCTs are in transit which includes mine. I have to choose between white and silver though. Hopefully, I will drive the first GTX+ in Odisha!

How are you guys planning or doing the break-in period? I will follow a sedate method keeping the RPM between 2 and 3k with occasional high-speed bursts in order to open the engine and let it get accustomed. And engine oil and oil filter change at 1000 km and again the same change at 2000 km before going by the normal schedule.
That’s great news. I have booked the same variant in Silver. I would suggest to opt for that, it looks good if you are not a fan of white colour like me. I hope I also get my car soon. Fingers crossed.
Old 4th October 2019, 16:12   #3152
BHPian

Hello all,

This is my first post on team-bhp and a big thanks to moderators for approving my request.

We have recently booked Kia Seltos HTK (1.5 petrol) in the family and now eagerly waiting for the car. Does any one here booked the HTK variant and can share any info on what is the wait time? I have been told around 6-8 weeks which translate into 2 months of waiting.

Thanks,
Vivek-
Old 4th October 2019, 16:21   #3153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SahilS View Post
Is this normal behavior. Although we can say that it is good that KIAs air bags are extra sensitive. But still, there seems no impact on bumper, windshield shattered and air bags deployed.
Got this image from facebook page.
The windshield looks broken to me.

Was it really a dog, or an Ox?
Old 4th October 2019, 17:06   #3154
BHPian

Got the side step installed. Here are some numbers that might help.

The following picture is not of my car but a screen-grab from a video on YouTube. I just slapped the measurements on top of it.

A = The minimum height a front passenger must lift their foot to ingress, without the side step [460 mm]
B = The minimum height a rear passenger must lift their foot to ingress, without the side step [480 mm]
C = Step height at the extreme front end [245 mm]
D = Step height at the extreme rear end [270 mm]
E = This is where the clamp below the side step ends and it is the lowest point in the car. Thus, this will become the new ground clearance of the vehicle [172 mm]

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-sidestepdims-new.jpg

Note: Please consider a tolerance of +- 2 mm due to the way I measured them!

Last edited by dksv : 4th October 2019 at 17:16.
dksv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 18:07   #3155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
isn't the Creta dimensionally smaller than the Seltos? Does it seat 3 abreast comfortably any better than the Kia?
If backseat width and space is a necessity, have you considered the other bigger cars in the segment? Harrier/Hector perhaps?
On paper, yes but practically the difference is hardly much, length 45mm, width 20mm, wheelbase 20mm. The problem is in the rear seat of Seltos the roof arches inwards more than Creta. Also at the rear, though the legroom is great the under-thigh support is almost a couple of inches shorter than the Creta and also poorly padded.

The boot of the seltos though claimed to be 30 liters more actually feels smaller due to the large wheel well arches in it in comparison. Noway it could take more luggage. Here's how the no.s don't add up. Well, thats a personal view.

I agree that on paper the seltos is a more modern, powerful, feature packed vehicle and i wanted to buy it. But the car is a family decision and I lost the vote 3 to 1 against my wife, mom, and dad. My ride is presently the Duster 85 RXL and this will be mostly driven by wify so her criteria mattered the most.

Regarding the bigger cars they are out of budget in all respects, regarding price, maintenance as well as parking space.
mh09ad5578 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 20:12   #3156
Senior - BHPian

Guys, we heard a lot about the product. Is there any word on Kia Service? How is it? Any experiences, or hear-say?

There is a new one that has come up very close to where I live.

Last edited by Sebring : 4th October 2019 at 20:14.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 21:03   #3157
BHPian

Can we transfer a booking to any other dealer.

We pre-booked (Top End Petrol GTX+ Automatic) the very first day and our dealer in Haryana has no clue as to which car/variant or the timelines. They haven't even offered a test drive yet.

So, can we just switch the booking to a dealer who already has a slot for the GTX+ Auto in the NCR area? By switching I mean, not doing a new booking since you will lose you place in the line.

Also, if we pre-booked, shouldn't we be the first one's to receive it.
Old 4th October 2019, 21:39   #3158
Distinguished - BHPian

Earlier today my car (GTX+ DCT) arrived at the dealer

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191004wa0007.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191004wa0009.jpg

Some pics during PDI;

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191004wa0004.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191004wa0003.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191004wa0006.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191004wa0002.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191004wa0005.jpg

All set to take delivery this Dussehra
karan561 is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 21:51   #3159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Very happy for you. Congrats!!

We (my dad) wants the same but the dealer in haryana has no clue. Did you pre-book? Does this same dealer have more of the same in stock or on-way?

Please share interior seat pics once you get delivery.

Last edited by panamera13 : 4th October 2019 at 21:53.
panamera13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 23:37   #3160
BHPian

Quote:

All set to take delivery this Dussehra
The white does look gorgeous. Congratulations! Just noticed that the 7dct badge is only one sided. Do click pictures of the interior when you recieve the car. If possible send some sweets here for your new purchase

Last edited by momsonlydriver : 4th October 2019 at 23:41.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 01:14   #3161

Quote:
Congrats on your delivery, could you confirm which dealer in Mumbai you got your car from? I have told my delivery for gtx+ dct will only be in November.
autoenthu88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 07:21   #3162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Yes, it has. And a 12 volts charger too. USB Charger is missing, but slot is available. Same thing on the rear AC. Slot is available for 12 volts charger. Check for yourself with the image.
Hi Jazz, do you happen to have more interior pictures of the HTE? I booked one back in July when the bookings opened, absolutely no information from the dealer in when it would arrive.

I think Kia is doing a complete eye wash with the HTE diesel model it is available on paper to show off a low starting price, but I don’t think they have any intention of making any. They could have at least informed me that it will not be made an returned my money. To me, these types of “starting at xx.xx lakhs” campaigns with no intent of production and supply of the vehicle is unethical business practice and needs to be investigated.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 07:34   #3163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Earlier today my car (GTX+ DCT) arrived at the dealer All set to take delivery this Dussehra
Congrats, Karan on your Seltos GTX+DCT. Keep us posted on your ownership! Looks great in white!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Hi Jazz, do you happen to have more interior pictures of the HTE? I booked one back in July when the bookings opened, absolutely no information from the dealer in when it would arrive.

I think Kia is doing a complete eye wash with the HTE diesel model it is available on paper to show off a low starting price, but I don’t think they have any intention of making any. They could have at least informed me that it will not be made an returned my money. To me, these types of “starting at xx.xx lakhs” campaigns with no intent of production and supply of the vehicle is unethical business practice and needs to be investigated.
May be you should try the Jeep Compass Sport it's having some great deals to the tune of ₹1.75 lakhs cash discount. That's a solid deal. Check the news on ACI:

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...s-month-414382
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 10:16   #3164
BHPian

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Hi Jazz, do you happen to have more interior pictures of the HTE?.

I've a Video too, but it's Raw. PM me your No., I'll send.

Attachment 1920394
Attachment 1920395
Attachment 1920396
Attachment 1920397Attachment 1920398

PS: I guess the resolution is poor. I'll try to post better pictures in couple of days.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1570251366.154529.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1570251396.239972.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1570251413.423226.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1570251440.658715.jpg  

Last edited by jaaz : 5th October 2019 at 10:29.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 16:13   #3165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Very happy for you. Congrats!!

We (my dad) wants the same but the dealer in haryana has no clue. Did you pre-book? Does this same dealer have more of the same in stock or on-way?
Thanks, panamera !

Yes, the car was pre-booked on the very 1st day the booking started i.e. 16th July 2019.

The dealer seems to have received 3 cars i believe (White, Orange & Black).

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
The white does look gorgeous. Congratulations! Just noticed that the 7dct badge is only one sided.
I too just noticed this, Thanks for pointing it out ! Its better to de-badge (eventually) IMO !

Quote:
Do click pictures of the interior when you recieve the car.
Quote:
Please share interior seat pics once you get delivery.
^ I haven't seen the car in flesh yet, these pictures were sent to me by the dealer. Shall click once delivery is done (Tuesday).

Quote:
If possible send some sweets here for your new purchase stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthu88 View Post
Congrats on your delivery, could you confirm which dealer in Mumbai you got your car from? I have told my delivery for gtx+ dct will only be in November.
The dealer is Rathod Kia, Vapi (Gujarat)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Congrats, Karan on your Seltos GTX+DCT. Keep us posted on your ownership! Looks great in white!
Thanks Durango Dude, sure does !

Last edited by karan561 : 5th October 2019 at 16:15.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed