Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2019, 09:33   #3181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
It’s been 5+ Months now and I have no clue on when I’m getting the car. Booked at frontier Kia. Never have even test driver the car. What a horrible experience.

it’s the ABS. It kicks back the pedal.
I was really looking for a diesel automatic test drive and am yet to find a diesel automatic for test drive.

This is frustrating, another dillema hit me when the sales rep said that the petrol is giving good mileage as per the customers and everyone is now opting for petrol DCT .

This is so confusing
Old 6th October 2019, 09:39   #3182
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
I was really looking for a diesel automatic test drive and am yet to find a diesel automatic for test drive.

This is frustrating, another dillema hit me when the sales rep said that the petrol is giving good mileage as per the customers and everyone is now opting for petrol DCT .
I am told that Dhingra Kia in Gurgaon has a diesel AT car with them. You may want to try there.

I would take the sales rep claim with a pinch of salt. They will say anything to secure a booking. I would be really surprised if the turbo petrol + AT combo would return more than 8 kmpl.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 11:07   #3183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
Got my 1.5 Petrol HTK delivered today
Congratulations dksv on your new drive. Can you share some updates on how the car is performing? I have also booked a HTK 1.5 petrol and I have been told 4-6 months of wait time. how long was your wait time?

Also do share some pics of the car. I have booked in clear white color.

Cheers,
Vivek-

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th October 2019 at 12:15. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting a large post as it inconveniences small screen users. Thanks.
Old 6th October 2019, 15:03   #3184

Quote:
You may like to check with Speedingo Kia, Patparganj (Plot No. 77, Patparganj Industrial Area, Delhi-110092) they have HTX+ Diesel AT in Test Drive but allow to move inside a limited area. OR if you can reach upto ASB Automobiles, Delhi Meerut Road (Plot No. C-1/2, Meerut Road, Sector 22, Industrial Area, Ghaziabad) (Can call them on 8505815555), they also have HTX+ Diesel AT in Test Drive and do allow a detailed test drive.

All the best

PS: I have taken test drives from both and looking to book for GTX+ Diesel AT from ASB. Both addresses and contact number is from Kia's website.
Old 6th October 2019, 15:08   #3185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The sales rep will literally lie to your face to make the sale, because once thats done you are not his problem and he has met his numbers. DO NOT assume that the Petrol milage will be good, heck I'd say that to everyone on the thread, assume the worse for Petrol. We had a huge issue with Compass milage where under regular usage (no hard driving) gives 5 average in Mumbai. Since then tiny engines coupled with city SUV's I always assume the worst. I'd be happy to get double digit figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
I see. Thanks.
I had tested the braking during TD with some hard braking, but that was on an empty stretch of a good road and was with pre-intention. This kick back of ABS wasn’t seen/felt. Real-world panic braking will have an intensity that we normally don’t have during 30-min TDs - maybe that was why.
Just try braking on gravel or dust you will be able to easily reproduce it. The harder you press the harder the kick back of ABS is.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 18:14   #3186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This is so confusing
I TDed the turbo petrol manual yesterday and the MID was showing 7.5 kmpl. In comparison, the diesel manual was showing 9.9 kmpl. The SA told me to expect between 8-10 kmpl at max for the turbo petrol in the city, while the diesel should return 14-16 kmpl under similar conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
The sales rep will literally lie to your face to make the sale, because once thats done you are not his problem and he has met his numbers. DO NOT assume that the Petrol milage will be good, heck
+1. It would be good to keep the expectation low and make the purchase decision based on the worst FE. If you get anything better, then it's a bonus for you every day!
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 21:24   #3187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
I believe that it's the driver's skill (80%) and the car's capability (20%) that matter. During my visit to Leh, I've seen people in a Tata Nano scale up the mighty Khardung La!

The Seltos or any other car should make it to Spiti or Leh under 'normal' circumstances. Diesels will perform better under low traction+slushy conditions because of the low end torque. However, conditions of total slush, rocks or extreme inclines can only be handled by 4x4s.
I have booked GTX+ DCT so I am concerned how would DCT perform in such conditions. Would it not heat up a lot while navigating the challenging terrain of the Himalayas?
Old 6th October 2019, 22:39   #3188
BHPian

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Do not take the words of SA. My friend was informed a mileage of 19 kms from Petrol 1.5 NA engine. Source, as per SA - Customer feedback. As per my knowledge, this kind of mileage is either for 2 litres within City or you're driving downhill.

Query - What's the difference between Mud flaps and Mud guard in Seltos?

Last edited by jaaz : 6th October 2019 at 22:41.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 23:48   #3189
Distinguished - BHPian

2 of my cousins have booked the car.

One is getting 1.5 petrol HTK next week in Bangalore. This is within a month after booking.

Cousin in Mysore has booked the top model, GTX + 1.4 DCT and the production has not yet started as per the dealer.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 6th October 2019 at 23:49.
Old 7th October 2019, 00:16   #3190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
2 of my cousins have booked the car.

One is getting 1.5 petrol HTK next week in Bangalore. This is within a month after booking.

Cousin in Mysore has booked the top model, GTX + 1.4 DCT and the production has not yet started as per the dealer.
GTX+ dct surely are in production. A quick update I had booked the gtx+ diesel at however today changed it to petrol simply on family pressure ( NCR region 10 year diesel life vs 15 year petrol life) cost of service is higher.

The sales rep mentioned will get the allocation soon as petrol will take some time to reach dealership
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 06:00   #3191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
I have booked GTX+ DCT so I am concerned how would DCT perform in such conditions. Would it not heat up a lot while navigating the challenging terrain of the Himalayas?
The Kia Seltos is not a car that is designed for such conditions. It’s most optimal usage is the urban city/ highway environments. Please do not keep any lofty expectations or challenge the car with road conditions it cannot cope with from an engine/ transmission/ chassis/ suspension standpoint. The other cars that are able to cope, including the likes of Nano, Alto, to the high capacity diesels like Bolero/ Scorpio/ Safaris are either built light/tough/rugged but inherently “simple”. Your DCT will help you zoom past them on the expressway, but you would have to really hope to have a high capacity Mahindra diesel around if you get stuck in some slush on a Himalayan mountain pass.
Old 7th October 2019, 07:39   #3192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
The Kia Seltos is not a car that is designed for such conditions. It’s most optimal usage is the urban city/ highway environments
Thanks. Well I have seen all sorts of vehicles even with low GC making it to both Leh/Ladakh and Spiti like Eon, Nano, Swift, Figo etc so was wondering why can't a Seltos make it. However my only doubt is with the DCT transmission if it can take it or not. I want to do these trips and I see this is probably the last chance I have considering the fuel type(next change would be electric era and not sure yet how it will evolve/mature from day 1 for such terrains!). So I want to wisely choose the car for this as well although this would be 1% of use case and rest 99% would be Bangalore traffic!

I am really tilted towards the Trailhawk but the ridiculously high cost is worrying me.
Old 7th October 2019, 07:56   #3193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
Thanks. Well I have seen all sorts of vehicles even with low GC making it to both Leh/Ladakh and Spiti like Eon, Nano, Swift, Figo etc so was wondering why can't a Seltos make it. However my only doubt is with the DCT transmission if it can take it or not. I want to do these trips and I see this is probably the last chance I have considering the fuel type(next change would be electric era and not sure yet how it will evolve/mature from day 1 for such terrains!). So I want to wisely choose the car for this as well although this would be 1% of use case and rest 99% would be Bangalore traffic!

I am really tilted towards the Trailhawk but the ridiculously high cost is worrying me.
You could always rent a car for the 1% usecase. It is the 99% usecase that should bring a smile on your face. Seltos can perhaps to everything that a creta did.

DCT is still not widely accepted in India. Until now most of us were told to avoid the VAG DSG and now I see people happily queuing up for the Hector, seltos and venue. So what has changed? What makes us confident that while we don't trust Germans, why should Koreans and Chinese be any better? Atleast until we hear some long term reviews.

I would stick to city and highways with a crossover and not try offroading.
Old 7th October 2019, 08:43   #3194
BHPian

Quote:
GTX+ dct surely are in production. A quick update I had booked the gtx+ diesel at however today changed it to petrol simply on family pressure ( NCR region 10 year diesel life vs 15 year petrol life) cost of service is higher.

The sales rep mentioned will get the allocation soon as petrol will take some time to reach dealership
Ahh, must have been a tough decision to make. Being in NCR, i am in the same dilemma of Manual diesel or a Manual GT. The diesel torque is very addictive and i found driveability of the diesel Seltos much better than the GT Seltos( may be due to slightly more pronounced turbolag on GT). I wish to keep the vehicle for at least 8-10 years and the total cost of ownership is coming way higher for the GT. Partly due to higher fuel consumption and partly of the initial price difference( i feel they ve priced GT higher than it should be). Also the carbon buildup talk on the TGDI engines is not very reassuring. Now the only thing standing against a diesel today is the 10 year life. Rest a CRDi is perfect balance of FE and performance.

Not considering 1.5 NA petrol as i have been driving NA petrols for the last 12 years and expect the new car spend to provide a different driving experience. Members, please help me in making a wiser decision. TIA.
Old 7th October 2019, 08:59   #3195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Ahh, must have been a tough decision to make. Being in NCR, i am in the same dilemma of Manual diesel or a Manual GT. The diesel torque is very addictive and i found driveability of the diesel Seltos much better than the GT Seltos( may be due to slightly more pronounced turbolag on GT). I wish to keep the vehicle for at least 8-10 years and the total cost of ownership is coming way higher for the GT. Partly due to higher fuel consumption and partly of the initial price difference( i feel they ve priced GT higher than it should be). Also the carbon buildup talk on the TGDI engines is not very reassuring. Now the only thing standing against a diesel today is the 10 year life. Rest a CRDi is perfect balance of FE and performance.

Not considering 1.5 NA petrol as i have been driving NA petrols for the last 12 years and expect the new car spend to provide a different driving experience. Members, please help me in making a wiser decision. TIA.
Agree with you and hence with a heavy heart had to let go off the diesel . There is more pronounced uncertainty coming up on diesels . Also , per the auto industry experts bs4 diesel on bs6 cars is more harmful then in petrol .

Delhi I am yet to find someone claiming to know if they are selling bs6 fuel. This is the pump attendants I am talking about
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks