Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2019, 09:14   #3196
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Agree with you and hence with a heavy heart had to let go off the diesel . There is more pronounced uncertainty coming up on diesels . Also , per the auto industry experts bs4 diesel on bs6 cars is more harmful then in petrol .

Delhi I am yet to find someone claiming to know if they are selling bs6 fuel. This is the pump attendants I am talking about
I believe BS 6 fuel is available all over in NCR now. Will not trust the pump attendant with anything technical.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...lhi-ncr-414353
Old 7th October 2019, 09:32   #3197
Senior - BHPian

Manufacturers say BS4 engines are just fine with BS6 diesel. To back their claims, they even offer 5 year warranty on customers buying cars now. Even the Government is saying the same thing. Are these lies?
Quote:
There is more pronounced uncertainty coming up on diesels . Also , per the auto industry experts bs4 diesel on bs6 cars is more harmful then in petrol
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 09:36   #3198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Manufacturers say BS4 engines are just fine with BS6 diesel. To back their claims, they even offer 5 year warranty on customers buying cars now. Even the Government is saying the same thing. Are these lies?
The concern is bs4 fuel on bs6 engines and not vice a versa
Old 7th October 2019, 11:05   #3199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The concern is bs4 fuel on bs6 engines and not vice a versa
I am not sure if it has been discussed earlier - how did KIA perform the test runs of the Seltos in India? Wouldn't they have used the BS4 fuel which is available right now and tested their BS6 engines? If such was a case and the test runs were very elaborate and successful, we needn't worry.

They could have imported/procured BS6 fuel for testing but I feel it is impractical to do so in the long run. Anyone having any insight or images of a TD Seltos refueling in the bunks, please share.
Old 7th October 2019, 11:36   #3200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Anybody here installed OE Kia Floor Mats ? If so do GT Line / Tech Line have different design ?

Also anyone installed OE Mud Flaps ?

Please post pictures, Thanks
I have the triangular pattern carpet mats, which went well with the interiors of my HT line and they feel quite robust! The Mud Flaps are coming installed from factory and all the dealers are just making money by fooling you that they are installing it. Check the pics of your car carefully they are already there. I happened to notice these before PDI and saved me some bucks as well! Please spread the word.

Quote:
I was really looking for a diesel automatic test drive and am yet to find a diesel automatic for test drive.
I guess you have already decided now for the DCT instead of D-AT. Else as I had mentioned it is available at Dhingra Kia Gurgaon. I also own one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I am told that Dhingra Kia in Gurgaon has a diesel AT car with them. You may want to try there.

I would take the sales rep claim with a pinch of salt. They will say anything to secure a booking. I would be really surprised if the turbo petrol + AT combo would return more than 8 kmpl.
I have now clocked over 1300km on the car. Only finished one tank full, the 2nd one still has around 140km range. Few observation relating to FE:

1. The highway mileage was around 16+KMPL with majority of drive between 100-120km/h. I believe had I done between 80-95km/h this would be at least 18KMPL. City has been close to 12-14KMPL. The first tank with 50% city office commute (and a lot of idling demo to friends) and Yamuna Expressway run (not really a FE enhancing style of drive), it returned close to 14.5KMPL.

2. The reserve comes at only around 50kms of range, I found this to be too less.

3. The accumulated trip didn't reset automatically on refuelling although it was set to from the setup on ICE. I don't know why it didn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I am not sure if it has been discussed earlier - how did KIA perform the test runs of the Seltos in India? Wouldn't they have used the BS4 fuel which is available right now and tested their BS6 engines? If such was a case and the test runs were very elaborate and successful, we needn't worry.
There is no issue in using BS4 fuel on BS6 engines, it will just require I guess the filters to be cleaned more often. I am not sure if you have noticed the number of Petrol and Diesel BS6 cars already on sale in the market right now including from Suzuki. I am sure, they wouldn't have tried to do so if there was even a slight chance of developing issues as all these cars will be in warranty periods. Also no special information or caution is provided from the OE to their customers of the BS6 engines on use of BS4 fuel. So I wouldn't worry about it at all!
AGwagon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 12:30   #3201
Senior - BHPian

I happened to speak to a person who works with Kia. He mentioned that the Seltos is 'BS6 ready' and not 'BS6 Compliant' as it requires modification to the catalytic converter once the BS6 fuel becomes available. Is this true? Are they registering it as BS6 or BS4?
Sorry if this topic is already discussed and answered.
Old 7th October 2019, 12:44   #3202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I happened to speak to a person who works with Kia. He mentioned that the Seltos is 'BS6 ready' and not 'BS6 Compliant' as it requires modification to the catalytic converter once the BS6 fuel becomes available. Is this true? Are they registering it as BS6 or BS4?
Sorry if this topic is already discussed and answered.
KIA website clearly states that the engines are BS-VI compliant and Emission standard is BS-VI. There's also a "Bharat 6" logo on the rear hatch of each car. During my TD, the SA mentioned this as an advantage against the BS-IV engines on Creta. All this show that the engines already BS6 compliant and won't need any further modification.

Edit: During my TD, the SA was pushing me to upgrade to the HTK+ model from my planned HTK. ALL the display models were also for HTK+. He mentioned the waiting period would be a month or less depending on the color I choose. It seems the stocks for these models are higher.

Red, White, Grey and Silver are fast moving colors. Rest have lesser demand.

Last edited by ashis89 : 7th October 2019 at 12:50.
Old 7th October 2019, 13:55   #3203

Dear Experts,

Need your expert advice on couple of queries regarding HTK+

1. ON SEATS :
- How good are the fabric seats that come with HTK+?
- Do you recommend upgrading or adding good seat covers?
- Any suggestions on brand?
- Any store/place recommendations?

2. ON ALLOYS :
- At showroom, upgrading tires to next variant : from 205/65R16 to 215/60R17 is costing around Rs.50,000/- (This includes the buy back price)
Any idea if upgrades are worth the money?

Thanks,
Aditya
Old 7th October 2019, 14:05   #3204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
KIA website clearly states that the engines are BS-VI compliant and Emission standard is BS-VI. There's also a "Bharat 6" logo on the rear hatch of each car. During my TD, the SA mentioned this as an advantage against the BS-IV engines on Creta. All this show that the engines already BS6 compliant and won't need any further modification.
That means, it is also not right to say that 'BS6 engines run only on BS6 fuel but BS4 engines can also run on BS6 fuel'. That's what I remember reading somewhere.
Old 7th October 2019, 14:45   #3205
Senior - BHPian

There is a big difference in being 'compliant' and being BS6 ready! My two year old Nexon is BS6 Compliant, needing a small addition to the catalytic unit. Once I add that (costing 50k, its good for BS6). KIA has always stated that it is the Country's first BS6 car, so it is best with only BS6 fuel is my inference!

Quote:
Old 7th October 2019, 14:53   #3206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya_rd View Post
2. ON ALLOYS :
- At showroom, upgrading tires to next variant : from 205/65R16 to 215/60R17 is costing around Rs.50,000/- (This includes the buy back price)
Any idea if upgrades are worth the money?

Thanks,
Aditya
If the trade in is 16 inch alloys+ tires for this price, it is daylight robbery. 16 inch steel rims+ alloys to 17 inch is still fathomable. One option is to buy 17” alloys from the showroom and swap tires outside. But it is difficult to find good price for Kumohs on HTK, HTK+.

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 7th October 2019 at 14:54.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 15:21   #3207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
I have now clocked over 1300km on the car. Only finished one tank full, the 2nd one still has around 140km range.
Is this for the diesel automatic or the GTX automatic 1.4 ?

Last edited by aah78 : 7th October 2019 at 17:57. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 7th October 2019, 15:34   #3208
BHPian

Quote:
Is this for the diesel automatic or the gtx automatic 1.4 ?
It is the Diesel - AT as it is also mentioned on my signature line
Old 7th October 2019, 17:21   #3209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
It is the Diesel AT
Waiting for some one with the gtx to comment on the GTX DCTs mileage. I ve not seen any photo of the gtx dct console with mileage more than 7.5kmpl. My brief td returned around the same.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 17:24   #3210
ADB
BHPian

This might be a bit off topic but wanted an opinion - for the turbo petrol motor, is regular petrol good enough or should one opt for higher octane (Speed etc.) fuel? What will be the advantages of doing so?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed