Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2019, 14:32   #3226
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
What's MCD? Also, isn't RTO 8% in Delhi. How is that exact number calculated?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
MCD amount will be pretty much a hidden version of handling charges
MCD is the charge levied by Municipal Corporation of Delhi as Parking Fee at Time of Buying Car.

More details can be found in below link :
MCD Parking Fee Hike Order at Time of Buying Car Withdrawn by Delhi Government

Infact, below were the slabs approved for MCD Parking Fee hike from 1st January 2019 for Buying Cars, but withdrawn before implementation.

Quote:
MCD Parking Fee
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-parking-charges.png
Old 8th October 2019, 15:58   #3227
BHPian

Quote:
Bro what' the update on the test drive?
Finally, I was able to do the coveted test drive of Seltos DCT GTX variant last week. Here are my two cents on it. I will try to keep it as simple as possible.

Design/Street Presence -

Pros : There is no doubt that this is the best looking C segment vehicle in town. Any angle you look at, it will make you feel good and proud. The paint quality is top notch and it literally shines in the showroom light. Front is the best angle of the car. The headlight/DRL, all look and feel futuristic and ultra modern. Absolutely right size for an urban mover. It should be super easy to park and make ways in narrow spaces.

Cons : I think the biggest drawback is the absence of street presence on road. You don't feel the heft, butch look or the intimidating pose which you generally relate with any SUV. Personally, XUV 300/Ecosport looks more SUVish. The paint which looked great under showroom light does not gives the same vibrancy under sunlight. The chrome plating around the famous tiger nose grille looks overdone. I have seen the car on road multiple times and believe me the car does not have great road presence as similar priced Hector,Harrier,XUV 500 or JC has.

Interior/Space/Build Quality/Overall Feel

Pros : You feel good once you walk into the cabin of Seltos. My point of reference is GTX variant,as I am sure the lower variants would not be even closer. This is one car where the ergonomics are very well sorted. Every thing falls at the right place and the overall fit and finish is Hyundai level. It is certainly better than most Indian manufacturers viz. Tata, Mahindra, Maruti and even MG, Ford, Nissan, Renault. Front seats are good for average sized Indians and have right bolstering. Everything you see looks good and that includes shiny piano black insets on dashboards, angular speaker grills, chrome door handles, window shades and the sharpness of the gorgeous display. Overall perceived quality looks good.

Cons : You might have noticed, I have reiterated about how it looks good. However if you really deep dive you will notice few flaws as well. Everything looks good but does not always feels good. The doors are light and do not give the assuring thud. The stalks and switches are of average quality. The hand rest on the doors are artificial leather wrapped but there is a dearth of padding. You will feel the door plastic panel once you place your hands. The seats are wrapped in artificial leather ( PU) and they will wrinkle out easily. It will also be uncomfortably sweaty at the rear seats. Front seats with ventilation would be better, but that is only of you buy the top ones. Coming to rear seat comfort, only 2 adults can sit comfortably. Middle seat has a very bad back comfort because of the folding hand rest. It is quite hard and will be very uncomfortable for even the short journeys. Side rear seats will be nice place to be in though because of the reclining system and window shades. Boot space is good for its class. Nothing extra ordinary. I also got a point to look at the sunroof of a GTX+ Diesel variant, and I feel it is too small for any use. It has a manual blinder which looks old school and overall does not serves any purpose.

Performance This is what I wanted to test and this is where I was impressed.

Pros : The car ( I am not going to call it a SUV ) is super eager to fly. I did not wasted time in Eco mode and went straight to Sports mode. Just a small flex of your foot is enough to propel the car effortlessly. I drove it sedately for few minutes and felt the car was asking me to thrash it hard. The noise is certainly more than eco mode and the car spiritedly downshifts without any hiccups. Once I floored it to the metal, it raced away without any drama ( no torque steer ). It was a linear acceleration and you hear and feel that you are going fast. 80 kmph beep comes in not time. Gear shifts are smooth and instantaneous. Up-shifts happen at just around 5000 rpm. There is no way to hold the rpm at 5000 rpm, the DCT will up-shift ( May be manual mode can do so). The car handles well and absorbs small potholes and undulations on road easily. Steering is good for the city drive. The brakes are super fantastic. Overall, it should be a great point and shoot car on Indian city roads.

Cons : While the car is great for city ride, I found it will show some lacunae on the highway conditions, read open stretches. The DCT is great ( better than JC and MG hector ) but lags behind the DSG in terms of smoothness and responsiveness. There were times when you could feel the transmission struggling in stop and go traffic, especially if you braked from a high speed.When you give the beans you will hear the car pushing hard but after initial 10-12 sec ( 120 kmph) you will feel that there is little juice left. This is because of the peak torque curve concentration on lower rpms ( read 1500-3200 rpm). Post 3200 rpm you will struggle. There is lot of noise, but very less progress in comparison. This setup will give you very good initial pickup and therefore supreme city drive-ability. However, I am sure the in-gear acceleration time and kick down time ( 20-80, 40-120) will be strictly average.Well, I would also not suggest the owners of GTX (DCT ) to give it lot of beans as there are articles on internet concerning about the reliability of these Kia GDi motors ( clogging issues). It is a fast car, however that fastness is limited to initial 10-12 seconds and legal speed limits. It won't match lot of cars in same or lower price bracket ( Polo Tsi, ANHC iVtec, Verna Diesel, XUV 500, JC ( Both Petrol/Diesel), Ecosport S, Aspire TDCi ) on a clear open highway.

The suspension was on a softer side and bigger potholes was discomforting. You should not try to glide on craters in this car. It won't be enjoyable.

Steering is precise for most part and is really well tuned for city driving. However once you gather pace ( > 100kmph) the whole setup ( tyre, suspension and steering combined ) do not give a very assured feeling. You feel the road lot more and steering behaves in a bit dull manner. Certainly not like Hyundai cars but still it is not very engaging setup to drive at high speeds. The car does not feels very agile in changing directions at high speed as well.

The MID was showing 8.1 kmpl which I think is ok for a test drive vehicle.

Overall :

I think Seltos is a brilliant effort from Kia. It should cater to most Indian buyers and the sales figure shows that. If I had to buy one only for city rides, I would get one but only if it is priced at around 15-16 lakhs on road. 20 Lakhs is too much for asking, when you know there is a Seltos available for just 10-12 lakhs as well. For me, it is a brilliant car minus high end poke, premium badge , butch presence and high pricing ( only GT variants ). Hector is still the best VFM car under 20 lakhs albeit with its own limitations.
No one is perfect, not even Seltos !
Roadster17 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 18:29   #3228
BHPian

Guys, another point , once my car comes in, I am planning for a tyre upgrade like 225/60 R17 .

Will try for Michelin primacy if they are available. Anyone planning the same ? It is on my to-do list and will be better than the Goodyear assurance tyres it comes fitted with. Any suggestions or recommendations ?
Old 8th October 2019, 18:57   #3229
BHPian

This thread has gathered lot of attention. So many people discussing on the HTX & GTX variant, it would be interesting to see the sales that Seltos is getting for each variant. There is one starting from 11-20L. What's the Indian consumer preference,this would also be a good case study for Hyundai to understand the user sentiment & decide on upcoming Creta variants.
Old 8th October 2019, 22:02   #3230
BHPian

Are people getting GTX+ DCT delivery yet? Looks like my SA just forgot about me. I don't understand me booking one week prior to pre booking. I have no clue when the car would be in my hands, thought Dasara which did not happen now I don't know if it will even reach me by Diwali

I did write a mail to Kia(some email id which I found on google) and also tried to post it on their contact us page, no reply as expected.

I know totally different segments but seriously thinking about JC Trailhawk now(horribly overpriced I know!) but I feel this is the last chance to get a fuel car which is a softroader and quite a performer. Next change would be in an electric era.
Old 8th October 2019, 22:07   #3231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
Are people getting GTX+ DCT delivery yet? Looks like my SA just forgot about me. I don't understand me booking one week prior to pre booking. I have no clue when the car would be in my hands, thought Dasara which did not happen now I don't know if it will even reach me by Diwali

I did write a mail to Kia(some email id which I found on google) and also tried to post it on their contact us page, no reply as expected.

I know totally different segments but seriously thinking about JC Trailhawk now(horribly overpriced I know!) but I feel this is the last chance to get a fuel car which is a softroader and quite a performer. Next change would be in an electric era.
We have one dealer in out city in Haryana and they don't even know the GTX+ auto exists. Every time my dad calls them, it's a painful and sad event, they have no clue which model/variant and when it will arrive.

We pre-booked the first day as well. I'm hoping in Bangalore you have more dealers so reach out to others.
Old 8th October 2019, 22:14   #3232
BHPian

Seems Kia is doing a Jawa. Not a good way to make an entry statement. Though the masses — will rush in, some will not approach. How Nissan/Renault lost the plot in India.
Old 8th October 2019, 22:47   #3233
Distinguished - BHPian

GTX+ DCT Delivery !

Earlier today took delivery of my Car (GTX+ DCT) from Rathod Kia (Vapi, Gujarat);

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191008_101008.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1570554384032.jpg

Some more pictures of my car;

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1570554582507.jpg

Love this angle;

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1570554600528.jpg

Already clocked aprox 200 kms today;

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191008_125430.jpg

For people wanting to know about Fuel Economy, im happy to report a respectable number of 15.1 km/l (Vapi to Mumbai sprint)

Stay tuned as the entire delivery process has been filmed & the video shall be out soon which shall highlight my Booking, Dealership Experience, PDI points, Kia India's variant & delivery delay confusions & my initial driving impressions

Last edited by karan561 : 8th October 2019 at 23:09.
karan561 is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 23:02   #3234
REN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Earlier today took delivery of my Car (GTX+ DCT)
Congratulations on acquiring the first GTX+ DCT on Team-BHP! Looking forward to your first impressions video! Hopefully a detailed video review is on the cards as well!

Last edited by REN : 8th October 2019 at 23:09.
REN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 23:07   #3235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post

With which dealer in Bangalore, you have made your booking? Even am waiting for mine, I used to get followup calls before booking. Post booking, no word yet

Quote:
We have one dealer in out city in Haryana and they don't even know the GTX+ auto exists. Every time my dad calls them, it's a painful and sad event, they have no clue which model/variant and when it will arrive.

We pre-booked the first day as well. I'm hoping in Bangalore you have more dealers so reach out to others.
I totally agree, KIA SA’s lack basic knowledge in answering customer queries. When I enquired about accessories, they were directing me to some aftermarket shops Hope the company will take this seriously in providing better customer experience..
therider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 23:09   #3236
ADB
BHPian

Happy to share that I took delivery of my GTX+ DCT too, today.

Drove it around 70 kms around the city, with light traffic. Idled for a while to figure out all the settings. Getting initial mileage of 13.5 km per litre. I did have a heavy right foot at times as I just couldn’t resist. Will share a detailed review soon.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-27d90447dec6466aacadef46316ed49a.jpeg  

ADB is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 00:13   #3237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post

Drove it around 70 kms around the city, with light traffic. Idled for a while to figure out all the settings. Getting initial mileage of 13.5 km per litre. I did have a heavy right foot at times as I just couldn’t resist. Will share a detailed review soon.
If you're in haryana, please share dealer name. Not sure if we can transfer booking from one dealer to the other. I'm sick and tired of the one we have in our city.

Last edited by panamera13 : 9th October 2019 at 00:23.
Old 9th October 2019, 02:35   #3238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster17 View Post

Overall :

I think Seltos is a brilliant effort from Kia. It should cater to most Indian buyers and the sales figure shows that. If I had to buy one only for city rides, I would get one but only if it is priced at around 15-16 lakhs on road. 20 Lakhs is too much for asking, when you know there is a Seltos available for just 10-12 lakhs as well. For me, it is a brilliant car minus high end poke, premium badge , butch presence and high pricing ( only GT variants ). Hector is still the best VFM car under 20 lakhs albeit with its own limitations.
The present day Creata with a BS4 1.5L NA engine sells for 15-16L. The 1.4L turbo charged BS6 engine and all the other goodies put together would certainly cost more. 20-21L may be on the higher side. I could be a lakh or two less.

Regarding the Hector, it appears to be a badly underpowered car. A car of that size and weight, running overseas in, say, US, Australia or Europe would have a 3 or 3.5L engine. But in India, with such a big engine, the cost will go up to the 25 lakhs and above bracket. Very few buyers in that bracket.

My two paise worth.

Vidyadhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster17 View Post
Finally, I was able to do the coveted test drive of Seltos DCT GTX variant last week. Here are my two cents on it. I will try to keep it as simple as possible.

Thank you for a very comprehensive report on the GTX DCT. It has given me a very good insight on the plus and minus points.

Much appreciated.

Regards,

Vidyadhar

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th October 2019 at 05:41. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Please use the Multi-Quote button to reply to more than one post at a time. Thanks.
Old 9th October 2019, 07:25   #3239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post

Many congratulations on your new ride. It looks gorgeous. Is that the Grey or the Black shade? Looking forward to your inputs about FE of that turbo petrol engine. I am having a tough time to decide between the diesel and petrol engines.
Old 9th October 2019, 07:32   #3240
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Many congratulations on your new ride. It looks gorgeous. Is that the Grey or the Black shade? Looking forward to your inputs about FE of that turbo petrol engine. I am having a tough time to decide between the diesel and petrol engines.
Thank you! This is the gravity grey colour. So far, I’m getting FE of 12.5. Expect it to stay between 10 and 13 as I mostly drive in the city with the AC always on. If there was highway drove involved, perhaps FE would’ve been better.

Depending on how much you drove daily and consequently how important FE is, should be your deciding factor.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks