Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2019, 15:29   #3271
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutwij View Post

- If I may ask, what are the real world FE numbers owners are seeing currently for Petrol DCT & Diesel AT respectively?
- Also, the extended warranty that Kia offers, is that for additional 1 year or 2 years over the standard 3 years?
- There were couple of initial impressions on FE numbers from DCT (#3101) & D AT (#3200, #3245) owners in earlier posts..
- It's additional 2 years over the standard 3 years warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
People who are choosing the GTX+ over the GTX, may I ask what are the main reasons for doing so?
For me, mainly its 360 degree camera, Bose Speakers and BVM. Features provided for spending additional 1.2lac as compared to GTX seems worth,
1. Electric sunroof
2. Ventilated Front seats
3. Eight-way driver power seat
4. Bose premium Eight-speaker sound system
5. 360-degree camera with surround view monitor
6. Blind view monitor in cluster LCD
7. Front parking sensors
Old 10th October 2019, 15:37   #3272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
Dear All,

I've booked the GTX+ DCT just now. In Chennai it takes about 5 to 6 months for the delivery to come through for this car, the sales person told me. I am reaching Chennai on 1st March. Hopefully the car will be ready for delivery by then. The Chennai onroad price is 20,68,507. My wife and I opted for the Intense Red.
Congratulations on your booking. Though this is subjective, but intense red looks great on paper and website. In reality, it more maroonish red. If you are looking for a colour which is vibrant and closer to ferrari red (punto/polo), then you might get disappointed.
Old 10th October 2019, 15:42   #3273

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
People who are choosing the GTX+ over the GTX, may I ask what are the main reasons for doing so? For me, GTX is providing all the safety features which I am looking for and I found the sunroof to be too small, almost gimmicky. Also, I liked the black interiors of the GTX more than the black-beige of the GTX+. I have never used ventilated seats. So, not sure if it makes a lot of difference to go for the GTX+.
I agree to certain extent that GTX covers all the necessary features that you expect but I think GTX+ has its merits as well.

If you opt for the GTX+, you get the following additional features:
  • Bose Speaker System
  • 360-Degree Camera
  • Blind view monitor
  • Front Parking Sensors
  • 8-way driver power seat
  • Ventilated Seats
  • Sunroof

The decision is obviously yours to make that whether or not you need these features. This becomes a subjective matter tho.

Now, the ex-showroom price difference is 1 lakh, which in my honest opinion is quite fairly justified. If it were up to me, I would have gone for the GTX+ without much consideration but, every person is different and the budget is a big consideration as well.

Bottom line, I think that if you find GTX to be VFM then, GTX+ is also quite similar in that regard.

Cheers!!
Old 10th October 2019, 15:45   #3274
Senior - BHPian

Kia Seltos gathers 50,000 bookings

Quote:
Out of the total 50,000 bookings, nearly 50 percent of buyers opted for the 1.5 diesel model; most customers who booked the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol model got it with the DCT gearbox.The company has delivered over 13,750 units in the last two months, though waiting periods now stretch to three months on select variants.
Source
coolkurt is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 15:54   #3275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarvee View Post
Congratulations on your booking. Though this is subjective, but intense red looks great on paper and website. In reality, it more maroonish red. If you are looking for a colour which is vibrant and closer to ferrari red (punto/polo), then you might get disappointed.
That's good. My wife and I were more keen on the maroonish red rather than the pure full red.

We bought a Mazda 3X for our daughter early this year. That one is also maroonish red.
Old 10th October 2019, 20:41   #3276
BHPian

Quick update on my booking !

Got a call from the Sales GM and he mentioned that the car has been billed and will reach in 7 to 8 days. Now the endless wait begins.

As a next step, I will need to look to sell my existing car A honda City 2014 I-dtec.
Alive2Drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 21:18   #3277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by REN View Post
Congratulations on acquiring the first GTX+ DCT on Team-BHP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Congratulations Karan
Thanks guys !

Quote:
Looking forward to your first impressions video! Hopefully a detailed video review is on the cards as well!
Quote:
looking forward to the upload on your YouTube channel. Will you be doing a SWOT analysis as well ? ��
One Video (Delivery, Dealership/Booking Experience, Initial Drive Impressions etc.) has already been filmed and should be ready for an upload this coming weekend.
However a full Video (Review) will take time as i have some travel plans in this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Got a call from the Sales GM and he mentioned that the car has been billed and will reach in 7 to 8 days. Now the endless wait begins.
Congrats

Last edited by karan561 : 10th October 2019 at 21:26.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 08:45   #3278
BHPian

Regarding the concerns on the DCT, I downloaded the full owners manual and went straight to the DCT section - Pages 287 (6-27) to 297 (6-37). I have uploaded the same as an attachment for everyone's reference.

They have used up 10 whole pages to caution owners on usage, the do's & don'ts and significant information on the transmission temperature gauge. Point to note here is - although it is good that a company has mentioned all this for the users to see, but they haven't gone into such depth for the torque converter AT, IVT or the manual transmission; which might be saying something about their dry type DCT. (Just to be clear, I love DCT/DSG gearboxes in general)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kia Seltos Owners Manual - DCT.pdf (795.1 KB, 1252 views)
rutwij is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 11:04   #3279
Distinguished - BHPian

There has been absolute slience on the delivery of the HTE Diesel Seltos I booked despite continuious follow-ups with the dealer. I have now submitted this formal compaint through the Kia Website. Let us see if they respond at all:

I booked Seltos on-line early morning on July 16, first day when the on-line booking website opened. Many glitches in the site but I somehow managed to booked it by re-starting 4 times. I was probably one of the first to book.

The dealership took fown my varint preference on 23rd August and I opted for HTE Diesel Silver color.Till today I have got no information on when my vechile will be delivered. 14000 Seltos' have been delivered across India, but me, probably the first person to book still denied!

I am coming to the conclusion that the HTE model is an eyewash - it just exists on paper to advertise a low starting price! Please get back ASAP and let me know if you intend to fulfil my order or not.
84.monsoon is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 11:22   #3280

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
Got the side step installed. Here are some numbers that might help.

The following picture is not of my car but a screen-grab from a video on YouTube. I just slapped the measurements on top of it.

A = The minimum height a front passenger must lift their foot to ingress, without the side step [460 mm]
B = The minimum height a rear passenger must lift their foot to ingress, without the side step [480 mm]
C = Step height at the extreme front end [245 mm]
D = Step height at the extreme rear end [270 mm]
E = This is where the clamp below the side step ends and it is the lowest point in the car. Thus, this will become the new ground clearance of the vehicle [172 mm]

Attachment 1920305

Note: Please consider a tolerance of +- 2 mm due to the way I measured them!
Hi dksv,

Could you post some pictures of the Side step and how much did they cost?
Old 11th October 2019, 11:47   #3281

Dear All,

This is a 12 days update for my car - 7 DCT!

I will be writing a few pointers, that I have read from various readers of this Forum, but not make "quote" as it just takes up too much of posting page!!

1. Issues with DCT - There has been none till date - I live in South Bombay, and used to bumper to bumper traffic! I have ridden just over 200 Kms now, as my running is just about 7-8 Kms a day! The 7DCT has done brilliantly till now!

I agree to a point earlier, please do NOT overthink an issue, as it may just rue and clutter your own thought process / buying / running experience! At the end of the day it's a mechanical thing, and thus possibly bound to have some issue, if at all so! Trust in a machine, and you do your best in maintaining it as is required!

2. Arkymys tuned system - I have had no issues at all with the music system, and is actually pretty good! Please spend some time with your music system, check different setting and then set is as right as you like it! Let me give you another pointer - if you source is of poor quality, even if I gave you a Maybach music system, it would still sound putrid! Some have also claimed about volume of the system - I have a simple question - do you want to hear music as an aid when you drive, or your intention is to make others hear it outside the car??

3. Road Presence - I find this terminology so astoundingly weird to hear! If you want road presence, I suggest go buy yourself a BATTLE TANK!! Why would you consider a compact SUV / Cross-over for that - road presence?! Also, what is the purpose of your purchase - to sit and watch if guys are looking at your car, or instead the driving pleasure / experience you get from your ownership?!

4. Fuel Economy - This has been a very funny thing, even in my short drives - the ODO picks up from the last reading and starts calibrating from that FE. So if you are stuck in B2B traffic, the ODO will continue to show you less FE for that moment.

I have instead realized another way of looking at the FE - On the top of the MID, the Distance to Empty is given - keep a tab on that, as frankly, if your FE was going to suffer disproportionately, then the Dist to Empty would also fall in accordance, which it doesn't really!

Now, the kitna deti hai sawal (though its never a criteria for me personally!) - I have got an average of 10+ Kmpl in South Bombay's traffic, and that seem pretty decent to me!!

5. Intense Red - The colour is pretty good, soothing, and please do not confuse it with the Post Box red of Jeep Compass, etc! It is not maroonish, too!!

6. Bite The Bullet - Should I buy it or not wala question of fence sitters! - There are times in life you have to take a chance, and this car might just well be that - it appears to be good in most aspects ( to me 85% plus) as it stands today, and thus I suggest, having been driving for 32 years now, that if money / other issues are not a constraint - jump the fence and cross over and buy a Seltos!!

We, as a family, are pretty happy!!

Thanks,

Commander Soumya Dutta.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th October 2019 at 15:54. Reason: Typo corrected
cdrsd is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 12:14   #3282

Hi,

1st of all, thank you Team-BHP for approving my membership.

I have been following this thread and haven't seen anyone getting delivery of GTX+ Diesel AT.

Has anyone got delivery of GTX+ Diesel AT?

I have booked it recently and the dealership said that deliveries for this top-end variant is yet to start.
Old 11th October 2019, 12:27   #3283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
One Video (Delivery, Dealership/Booking Experience, Initial Drive Impressions etc.) has already been filmed and should be ready for an upload this coming weekend.
However a full Video (Review) will take time as i have some travel plans in this month.
Hey Karan, would like to request for a night lighting of your interior in pitch dark. I would want to see the night illumination of the doors and the buttons around the center console along with the gear selector. Thank you in advance♡
Old 11th October 2019, 12:43   #3284
BHPian

I had booked a Seltos about 5-6 weeks back and subsequently canceled the booking due to pretty bad sales experience (story for another day). Right now Kia's dealership at Malad (Shreenath Kia) is dilly dallying issue of refund. At the time of booking I was promised that refund would be given within 5 days but its already more than 2 weeks and the cheque processing hasnt even started yet. They pretty much refuse to even give a deadline for the refund. Talking to Kia's helpline hasnt yielded any result either. I'd be grateful in case someone here can share any direct contacts at either dealership or Kia corporate level to resolve this.

Mods, please delete/move post if you believe this is the wrong thread.
Old 11th October 2019, 14:32   #3285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanket215 View Post
Hi,

1st of all, thank you Team-BHP for approving my membership.

I have been following this thread and haven't seen anyone getting delivery of GTX+ Diesel AT.

Has anyone got delivery of GTX+ Diesel AT?

I have booked it recently and the dealership said that deliveries for this top-end variant is yet to start.
I had booked the diesel AT GTX+ however changed the booking to Petrol DCT last minute. The diesel car is in transit and will reach the showroom soon. They have already delivered 2 diesel AT GTX+ seltos cars.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks