Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2019, 16:52   #3301
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Hi, has anyone even taken delivery of the HTX IVT(Petrol Automatic) model, yet?
Just like a lot of people, I booked online on the day that booking opened, and it has been a long, long wait. Even then, just like someone said above, every call to Kia has been like every running race that I've ever taken part in- a strong start, with hope, followed by a crushingly disappointing end

In other words, no one has any idea just what is going on the factory's end.
The only latest news I've gotten is that the next bunch of cars will be coming on October 16th, and that this batch will comprise almost completely of tech line cars. Even then, the SA was not sure whether it would have my blue HTX .
At this point, patience is reaching its limit. I can only imagine the plight of those who sold their cars and have had to face such a delay, thankfully this is not the case with me.
If someone has taken the delivery, please post the real-world mileage figures. Seeing the bevy of posts talking about good mileage with DCT, I'm now hopeful that there is even more of a surprise in the case of the IVT.
Old 12th October 2019, 18:09   #3302
BHPian

Finally got my GTX+ DCT billed. Mostly will get the delivery sometime next week. I am getting the insurance on my own so once I get the insurance will get the car registered.
Old 12th October 2019, 18:26   #3303
BHPian

Look what I found on Facebook. I don't know where the car impact actually went. The information regarding as to how this accident took place is yet a mystery. If anyone knows - please do share
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20191012173633_facebook.jpg  

momsonlydriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 18:59   #3304
BHPian

Interesting to see Seltos taking on the prime competitor head on

Looks like an intersection crash where Creta was slow (90deg/perpendicular to the Seltos) and Seltos was going much faster.

Last edited by rutwij : 12th October 2019 at 19:00.
Old 12th October 2019, 19:22   #3305
ADB
BHPian

Just got ceramic coating done on the gravity grey seltos, from detailing devils Gurgaon . The colour is looking even richer I think
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-464448a06eb74e5bac517b79bb58d660.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-2bfe1d6d292e4ba9ac81a96fb8a2930a.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-88879ffb3c244f8fa2d2c79e36f8f2f2.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-f34e16d0623f45bfa14764603bfbaf0b.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-7755463f9b3a4f00a5ed00d143d6ee38.jpeg  

ADB is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 19:25   #3306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Look what I found on Facebook. I don't know where the car impact actually went. The information regarding as to how this accident took place is yet a mystery. If anyone knows - please do share
There is no way that impact took place at 120kmph. Look at crash test videos where the impact takes place at 60kmph and see the damage caused.
Lobogris is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 19:58   #3307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
120KMPH? Highly doubt this claim.
Seltos may be a safe car, but there is no way it can take so little damage at 120KMPH.
speedmiester is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 20:11   #3308
Senior - BHPian

In related news:

Quote:
Hyundai Motor Co and affiliate Kia Motors Corp have earmarked a total of 900 billion won ($757.86 million) to settle U.S. class action litigation and address engine-related issues in the United States and South Korea.
Link
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 21:28   #3309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick75 View Post
Hi dksv,

Could you post some pictures of the Side step and how much did they cost?
Here are some pictures of the side step and my opinion.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191012_085830287_hdr.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191012_074137384.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191012_074148003_hdr.jpg

The side step costed 15k and is made up of ABS with a metal running board underneath. It's light weight but the underneath metal might be prone to rust as it is exposed.

I feel it's not wide enough for being fully functional. I got it mainly for my parents' use but finding it not so useful. It's not for a short and heavy person who wants to hold the grab handle to climb the step and ingress.

Given the step's less width it's also unusable during egress. In fact it hinders egress.

The only uses it has found so far is for my 2.5 year old son who is happy that he doesn't need assistance to get in and out of the car. The other use is for the extra height to reach the roof when washing the car.

I advise you to check after market side steps and get the best one that suits your needs.

On a side note, a cracking sound was heard from the non-retractable grab handle under weight. There is no visible damage but its not a sound somebody wants to hear from something they're holding on to.

Last edited by dksv : 12th October 2019 at 21:35.
dksv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 21:50   #3310

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
Just got ceramic coating done on the gravity grey seltos, from detailing devils Gurgaon . The colour is looking even richer I think
I agree, looks stunning in the pictures, how much did this set you back by?
Old 12th October 2019, 21:53   #3311
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonsharim View Post
I agree, looks stunning in the pictures, how much did this set you back by?
For the full package - exteriors with 5 year warranty, interiors, wheels, windshields- roughly 25k. They had an offer going on for navratras during which I booked so got a good deal (at least I think it’s a good deal considering every other quote I got was upward of 35k with 2 years warranty).
Old 12th October 2019, 23:10   #3312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
There is no way that impact took place at 120kmph. Look at crash test videos where the impact takes place at 60kmph and see the damage caused.
It is more likely that the car was traveling at 120 kmph but upon seeing the Creta at the junction the driver would have applied brake and the car would have considerably slowed down (may be to 30/40 kmph) while colliding
Getting hit at 120 kmph would have torn apart both the cars and the Creta would have rolled down few times.
Guna is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 23:53   #3313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
Finally got my GTX+ DCT billed. Mostly will get the delivery sometime next week. I am getting the insurance on my own so once I get the insurance will get the car registered.
Can you let me know, from which dealer in Bangalore are you getting your car delivered next week. Per my call with SA today, he was hinting me of further delay of my booking
Old 13th October 2019, 01:54   #3314
Distinguished - BHPian

My Kia Seltos 1.4 Turbo Petrol GTX+ DCT, Delivery Experience Video;

^ The Video includes Booking, Dealership Experience, PDI points (& mention the importance of TEAM-BHP pre-delivery checklist), Kia India's variant & delivery delay confusions & my initial driving impressions

Booking Experience;

I booked the car on day 1 when the official bookings started i.e. 16th July 2019. I had booked the top model in Automatic. Around early August (about 3 weeks before the launch when the variant break up was released) i confirmed the dealership a GTX DCT variant with the Dual Tone option. (White with Black Roof spec). Was eagerly looking to have the car delivered on the day of the launch.However Kia India wasn't dispatching the GTX DCT variants and also the dual tone option production was uncertain. The waiting went into the month of September and people who had booked the car (like me) on day 1 looked like fools not getting their cars where as random people who accepted low, middle variants rolling in their Seltos' from Day 1, was really frustrating. In the meanwhile Kia announced the GTX+ DCT variant and i had the option of upgrading my booking around mid September. I was mentally prepared to wait for a few more days anyways coz wanted to get the car now during the festive season of Narvratri or Dussehra (which was an even more preferred date in the family). Upon following up with the dealership & some Kia India officials i was updated that my car will be from the initial 1st lot. Around 21st September i got to know that my car is in production & by late September the car was dispatched from the factory.
I was not too keen on the GTX+ variant & would have gladly accepted a GTX Dual tone on day 1 of the launch (or atleast in August) however this was probably a blessing in disguise as i got to upgrade to a GTX+ DCT variant.

Dealership Experience;

I booked the car at Kia Rathod Autolink (Vapi, Gujarat) on the 1st day when official bookings started.
They were very transparent in communicating every update throughout the deal. Things like Vehicle Handling Charges, Basic Accessories Kit etc. weren't unnecessarily charged. Overall Dealership Experience, Positivity & Vibe was a full 10/10.

Insurance;

Though i had the option of selecting my own insurance provider (where i got quotes of aprox INR 52k, i still went with the official Kia insurance provider which was aprox INR 64k as thats what i usually do for the 1st year.

Extended Warranty;

I opted for the 2 year extended warranty which cost me aprox INR 23k now making the total warranty of 5 years.

Accessories;

The dealership was kind enough to give me OE Kia floor mats on FOC basis.

Registration;

I did a self registration for my car & the total amount was aprox INR 43k.

Last edited by karan561 : 13th October 2019 at 02:06.
karan561 is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 08:09   #3315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by therider View Post
Can you let me know, from which dealer in Bangalore
Narra Kia. That too with great difficulty as I had booked on 8th July, a week before the pre booking started. Even now I had to talk to everyone possible and get the booking done. The SA has been super cooperative and one of the kindest person I have interacted with. I can give his reference for anyone who wants to book.

Last edited by springisking : 13th October 2019 at 08:11.
springisking is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks