Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2019, 08:23   #3316
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

If at 120 KMPH impact the car has come out in such great condition, it's just superb, speaks for the build quality. And design expertise

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Look what I found on Facebook. I don't know where the car impact actually went. The information regarding as to how this accident took place is yet a mystery. If anyone knows - please do share
Old 13th October 2019, 08:30   #3317
Senior - BHPian

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
The interior space is not enough for 7 seats. I don't think there will be any sort of 7 seats being offered in a crossover. Even if they manage to squeeze in seats at the back, it will be a very claustrophobic experience. It's better to throw people in the boot rather than having seats

Absolutely! I parked my Creta next to a Seltos in a parking area recently, and I can never imagine a third row of seats in either of them! The Creta and the Seltos are nearly of the same dimensions. The Car has to really get bigger to squeeze in 7 seats and I do not think Kia and Hyundai are thinking about it right now. What would be the point? As it is the 5 seater version of both the Cars have a wide price point band of 12-19 lakhs approx. And this means they are already overlapping the XUV500. With the new XUV500 around next year and a rumoured ford based on that as well, Hyundai and Kia cannot afford to provide a sloppy 7 seater which does not have the space as the ones from the Mahindra Ford stable.

Hyundai and Kia will be thinking of a MUV based on the new Venue platform, to target the Ertiga. That is the volume driven market where both companies do not have presence. Hyundai cannot sit back and let the Ertiga be an unchallenged segment leader.
motorworks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 17:33   #3318
ADB
BHPian

Came across this post on Facebook where the owner had his DCT overheat in B2B traffic. Thought I’d share with everyone here.

Though, I have couple of observations after going through his post (not facts, just my observations)
- he mostly kept it in Drive even when the car was stopped. Putting it in P mostly helps lower the temperature
- he might not be fully depressing the brake which disengages the clutch

I too have been stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for over an hour and following the above rules, the transmission temperature hovered a little over halfway level which is very normal.

If I faced a problem despite this, I would just kick the gear lever to the side and shift to manual mode.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-eab3d1093fac4e58b455653776c450cd.jpeg  

ADB is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 19:44   #3319
REN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
Came across this post on Facebook where the owner had his DCT overheat in B2B traffic.
I had a conversation with the guy who posted this on Facebook yesterday. Your observations are correct. I too got the impression that he creeped in traffic for a long time never depressing the brakes fully and without having an eye on the transmission temperature. Apparently he stopped for 20 mins once he got the warning and transmission temperature went back to normal.

My experiences have been similar to yours. I accompanied my cousin in his brand new 7DCT few days ago from Chennai to Coimbatore. A 500 km trip which took us 11 hours with multiple stops in between. We took turns driving the car. We were stuck in a nasty traffic getting out of Chennai and covered around 13 kms in 1.5 hours. Even in this stretch, the transmission temperature was only hovering around marking 10/11, similar to yours. The car performed flawlessly during the trip. The only major disappointment was the lack of paddle shifters. This engine and transmission combo with paddle shifters would've made it an absolute hoot to drive, especially on the highways.

I would also suggest you not to shift to 'P' in bumper to bumper situations. If your car is rear ended while in 'P', it could cause damage to the transmission. Shifting to 'N' should be sufficient. Even though the Hyundai/KIA DCTs are designed to automatically disengage when you come to a stop in 'D', we still shifted to 'N' whenever we came to a stop in traffic situations during the trip. I have been shifting to 'N' during stops in my DSG for five years now and plan to do the same with the Seltos DCT even if it's not necessary.
REN is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 20:04   #3320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
I am getting the insurance on my own so once I get the insurance will get the car registered.
Can you also please share the insurance details once you get it done, price and benefits (as compared to the ones the dealers are providing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
Narra Kia. That too with great difficulty as I had booked on 8th July, a week before the pre booking started. Even now I had to talk to everyone possible and get the booking done. The SA has been super cooperative and one of the kindest person I have interacted with. I can give his reference for anyone who wants to book.
Thanks for sharing and I can understand the difficulty that you have been through on getting your delivery date confirmed finally. I have made my booking with the dealer near Lalbagh Road and my experience has been frustrating at times. Even after many showroom visits and exchanging messages confirming the variant and colour. They speak as if I am yet to confirm them the final details and asks me to go for other variant and colour options
Based on my conversation with SAs, it seems these dealers get random variant and colours from KIA and they just sell based on similar booking than clearing earlier bookings
Old 13th October 2019, 23:25   #3321
BHPian

https://www-wesh-com.cdn.ampproject....nts%2F29443222

I hope Kia India has worked on its GDI engines. Looks scary though. I know this is a bad article especially for one's who have put their faith in Kia.
Old 14th October 2019, 05:39   #3322
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by REN View Post
I would also suggest you not to shift to 'P' in bumper to bumper situations. If your car is rear ended while in 'P', it could cause damage to the transmission. Shifting to 'N' should be sufficient. Even though the Hyundai/KIA DCTs are designed to automatically disengage when you come to a stop in 'D', we still shifted to 'N' whenever we came to a stop in traffic situations during the trip. I have been shifting to 'N' during stops in my DSG for five years now and plan to do the same with the Seltos DCT even if it's not necessary.
Thanks for the heads up. Makes sense. I will start doing that now.
Old 14th October 2019, 07:23   #3323
Distinguished - BHPian

With all the hype around connectivity, it is strange that the configure option on Kia's website has still not been updated and doesn't show GTX+ variant in diesel + AT combination. Been quite a while since the introduction of the variant and they should have got it done by now, specially given the fact that its a single product company as of now.

Last edited by drmohitg : 14th October 2019 at 07:28.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 08:13   #3324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
120KMPH? Highly doubt this claim.
Seltos may be a safe car, but there is no way it can take so little damage at 120KMPH.
At 120 kph , the car would have been destroyed. People might often remember the last speed at which the car was traveling. Surely the driver braked hard and some deceleration took place.
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 08:51   #3325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post

I too have been stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for over an hour and following the above rules, the transmission temperature hovered a little over halfway level which is very normal.
Does the car display 'transmission temperature' by default (not by going through menus)?
Old 14th October 2019, 09:03   #3326
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Does the car display 'transmission temperature' by default (not by going through menus)?
When you scroll through the menus you can see the transmission temperature. You can select the option to display it be default vs the trip/odo.

The Seltos like the VAG cars has a 7 speed dry clutch DCT. As everyone knows by now, dry clutch DCT is not ideal in stop/go conditions as well as in our weather conditions. This is probably something to keep in mind.

That said there's little one can do when stuck in the middle of a traffic jam and the transmission throws this warning. Not like you can pull over and block traffic to let transmission cool down.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 14th October 2019 at 09:05.
Vid6639 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 11:57   #3327
BHPian

If it's so crucial to shift to 'N' while in stop go traffic and not to hold onto brakes in 'D', why it isn't mentioned in the car manual? Neither dealer sales person advices to do so? Well if it's not mentioned anywhere I would say it's perfectly fine to do so.
After all what's the point in buying an automatic and still keep shifting between 'N' and 'D'?
You can't blame anyone if he /she did so and caused transmission to give-up. It's his/her driving style. This is design failure.
StepUP! is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 12:03   #3328
BHPian

Came across this document on the development the Hyundai-Kia 7 Speed DCT.

Apparently the Venue & Seltos use two different variants based on the engine torque levels.

[ATTACH=More Efficiency with the Dry Seven-speed Dual-clutch Transmission by Hyundai.pdf]1922820[/ATTACH]
rahulsharma2008 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 13:29   #3329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by therider View Post
Can you also please share the insurance details once you get it done, price and benefits (as compared to the ones the dealers are providing).
I got it done in National Insurance, got some employee discount and also had no claim bonus from my previous car so got the insurance for 64,715/- three years zero dep. Quote from showroom said 62,350/- for one year zero dep and two years third party.

It seems the accessories kit is not available yet so I also did not pay for 8k. I rather ordered a 5D mat, car cover and Ganesha idol from Amazon considering the great Indian festival is going on!! I will check for dustbin, car perfume later on or in some other showroom.

Hopefully I will take the delivery of the car this week, may be Thu or Fri, will keep. The group posted!
springisking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 13:41   #3330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
My Kia Seltos 1.4 Turbo Petrol GTX+ DCT, Delivery Experience.
Hey Karan heartiest congratulations on getting your Seltos. Thoroughly enjoyed your video review as always. One thing I want to ask you is that your car doesn't seem to be sporting the HSRP. Isn't it compulsory? Or it is not yet implemented as it should be? Here in Pune too I see a lot of newly purchased cars without an HSRP. Please clear my doubts.
ram87pune is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks