Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2019, 12:15   #3376

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by guessme View Post
I am getting mine (HTX IVT) this Sunday (hopefully). Dealer says its in transit at the moment.
Hi guessme,

As you have mentioned that you are getting delivery on next Sunday, could you please suggest when did you book the car as I understand from your earlier posts that you were deciding between DCT and IVT in September.

I was also under a similar dilemma and have booked an IVT on October 8th. However I have been given a waiting period of 3 months by the Dealer in Gurgaon.
Old 15th October 2019, 13:07   #3377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick75 View Post
Hi guessme,

As you have mentioned that you are getting delivery on next Sunday, could you please suggest when did you book the car as I understand from your earlier posts that you were deciding between DCT and IVT in September.

I was also under a similar dilemma and have booked an IVT on October 8th. However I have been given a waiting period of 3 months by the Dealer in Gurgaon.
I booked in september just before sharads. I was able to manage accelerated delivery by higher booking amount, full payment by own funds before time, some links and may be someone backing out . However for that i also had to go ahead with white which was not the top preferred color of mine (it was black / silver). But instead of waiting longer i thought to go ahead with white.

My thoughts were if i did not got the delivery in oct then i would have waited till Jan 2020 for sure.
guessme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 13:27   #3378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The AG 6167 View Post
So I ran a quick edit on the Kia Seltos body for some alloy wheels samples and ended up a lot more confused.

I am attaching pics here, please vote as to which alloy would you buy in my place.

Please note that this is only indicative and the real thing may look different on the car.

1. Momo Rush
2. Momo Quantum
3. Momo Massimo
4. HRS H534
5. Momo Europe
6. Reds Darkblade
7. Onyx ML773
8. Onyx MN606
9. Onyx WM07G
10. Onyx WMS05G
11. Momo Revenge
12. REDS K2
13. Momo Screamjet Evo
14. Momo Hyperstar Evo
15. Momo Raptor

Get Momo Massimo or Reds Darkblade as they are complementing the stance very well.
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 13:43   #3379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The AG 6167 View Post
1. Momo Rush
2. Momo Quantum
3. Momo Massimo
4. HRS H534
5. Momo Europe
6. Reds Darkblade
7. Onyx ML773
8. Onyx MN606
9. Onyx WM07G
10. Onyx WMS05G
11. Momo Revenge
12. REDS K2
13. Momo Screamjet Evo
14. Momo Hyperstar Evo
15. Momo Raptor
Thumb rule 1. Stick with stock equipment for safety critical parts such as wheels. Companies spend millions on design and validation of their wheels which the aftermarket howsoever good the brand is, cannot match.

Thumb rule 2: if the itch for aftermarket wheels is high, you never go wrong on looks with a 5 spoke design and hence my suggestion will be

1. Hyperstar evo( Matt Anthracite)
2. Dark blades
3. Massimo for that evil vehicle look.

Stay away from revenge if opting for regular profile tyres. They look good only on very thin profile tyres.

Cheers.
hydraulicsteer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 13:49   #3380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
I got it done in National Insurance, got some employee discount and also had no claim bonus from my previous car so got the insurance for 64,715/- three years zero dep. Quote from showroom said 62,350/- for one year zero dep and two years third party.

It seems the accessories kit is not available yet so I also did not pay for 8k. I rather ordered a 5D mat, car cover and Ganesha idol from Amazon considering the great Indian festival is going on!! I will check for dustbin, car perfume later on or in some other showroom.

Hopefully I will take the delivery of the car this week, may be Thu or Fri, will keep. The group posted!
Thanks for the details and I believe the insurance provided by showroom comes with one year zero dep and three years third party (per details provided by somebody in an earlier post). Good that you got a three years zero dep cover by opting outside..
Also, even I had a no claim bonus from my previous car, which was recently sold. How can I claim that for new car insurance..
Looking forward for your first impressions
Old 15th October 2019, 13:56   #3381

The reliability factor hovering over the DCT has been doing rounds for quite a time, and it has taken a new turn with the recent Facebook post that contained a user posting the heating issue. If he'd not used his DCT like a traditional automatic, the scene would have been all different. Even I was a little disturbed by the news because today I am going for the PDI of my GTX+ DCT.

Like someone said once you step on the brakes, the clutch disengages itself and the best way to get to neutral while waiting at the traffic. In B2B, the weight should be on the brakes. That way the heat doesn't get accumulated around the clutches. It is like getting attuned to this whole set of disciplines as to how to drive a DCT vehicle. If it carried that much risk with it, companies won't be continuing the tech.

A Hyundai Tucson coming with DCT and many others is a good example. And please note that wear and tear is less in dry DCT when compared with wet ones. All you need to know when to engage and disengage. Surprisingly, you can perform a good launch too, putting brakes for a very short time and launching the DCT vehicle. Out of the many tutorials, this one is short and quick to educate the new and potential DCT owners.

Enjoy this fantastic Seltos DCT without worrying much about the reliability and all. All machines are man-made, thus requiring a good lookafter and maintenance. Don't bang your head for this while losing out the pleasure part. Nothing is perfect in this world. Sooner you realise faster you welcome peace!

Will be posting the delivery pics pretty soon!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th October 2019 at 14:12. Reason: formatting for better readability
seasoned_rubber is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 15:17   #3382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by therider View Post
Thanks for the details and I believe the insurance provided by showroom comes with one year zero dep and three years third party (per details provided by somebody in an earlier post). Good that you got a three years zero dep cover by opting outside..
Also, even I had a no claim bonus from my previous car, which was recently sold. How can I claim that for new car insurance..
Looking forward for your first impressions
My quote got revised to 79k actually as I changed the coverage amount to ~15 lakh. Actually ICICI Lombard showed 72k which itself is reasonable. And yes it is 3 years zero dep.

Will post the first impression once I get the car sometime this week! I have read too much theory now time to experience it haha.

I would not really feel it as an upgrade as I come from XUV, I sold my XUV only for ride quality so except for that it was way ahead in all other aspect like space, tourqy engine etc. May be some gimmicky features should help me feel special in Seltos!
Old 15th October 2019, 16:30   #3383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
My quote got revised to 79k actually as I changed the coverage amount to ~15 lakh. Actually ICICI Lombard showed 72k which itself is reasonable. And yes it is 3 years zero dep.

I would not really feel it as an upgrade as I come from XUV, I sold my XUV only for ride quality so except for that it was way ahead in all other aspect like space, tourqy engine etc. May be some gimmicky features should help me feel special in Seltos!
Congratulations!

Hey I did the same, the convenience of having a slightly smaller footprint and plush interiors with up to date features definitely better over the driver higher POV and the added space in the 2nd row. Although 3rd row for me was used very rarely (once in 2 months).

I am quite curious as to how does a 3 year comprehensive zero-dep. policy works? This is the first time I am hearing of such a thing.

Just as an example what happens if the car is say totalled or stolen in the first year as well. Also wouldn't the IDV be reduced Y-o-Y?

I had taken a Future Generali comprehensive policy on my Seltos Diesel with IDV little above 15L and the insurance has RTI+3yr 3rd party+ Zero-Dep+ Tyre Cover+ Consumables+ Windshield+ Key Loss Cover + Personal Accident Cover all inclusive of somewhere close to 44k.

But at 79k for 3 year zero-dep seems like a bargain.
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 16:49   #3384

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentO View Post
Thanks. It is the GTX+ DCT and the dealer ( great guess) is Autobhan Worli. I did not interact much with these guys. The Powai dealership is much larger and a better place to interact and deal with. They got me sold on the SELTOS but the sale happened at Worli. Did not get into any deal with them just reduced the accessories and return to invoice numbers from the final price.
Even I have booked the GTX+ DCT from Kia Autobahn, Worli. They told me though that the deliveries will start in November, I'm quite disappointed they haven't given me a tentative delivery date even though they have already started delivering the top end DCT, will need to put some pressure now as they've been very MIA.
Old 15th October 2019, 19:27   #3385
BHPian

Hi All, need one info, any idea what should be the mentioned color in the RC book for dual tone ones? I took white+black , in the RC book its mentioned as Glacier White Pearl,is it correct?
Old 15th October 2019, 19:37   #3386

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthu88 View Post
They told me though that the deliveries will start in November, I'm quite disappointed they haven't given me a tentative delivery date even though they have already started delivering the top end DCT, will need to put some pressure now as they've been very MIA.
My guess is the dealers have no say in the allocation unless there is a cancellation. The GTX+ DCT has a decent chunk of the demand. The car no doubt is absolutely lovely! But the dealers are generally clueless of the next batch and only on allocation will have relevant information.
Relax! It’s worth the wait!
AgentO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 21:26   #3387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_god9 View Post
Congratulations dksv on your new drive. Can you share some updates on how the car is performing? I have also booked a HTK 1.5 petrol and I have been told 4-6 months of wait time. how long was your wait time?

Also do share some pics of the car. I have booked in clear white color.

Cheers,
Vivek-
I had booked online on the first day (booking ID = 2) and my dealer was ready to deliver within 10 days of the price reveal. But I postponed to see the outcome of the GST meet. Once I gave a go-ahead post-meet they delivered within 2 weeks.

From what I observed over my 5-6 visits to the dealer and their service section, about 50% of deliveries have been in Silver and another 50% between White and Red.

4-5 months is too long. Do check with other dealers if it is possible for you.

Some updates specific to HTK petrol:

- Getting FE of 13.5kmpl for 60% highway and 40% on Bangalore traffic.

- Gear shift indicator suggests upshift between 2000rpm and 2500rpm for all gears.

- On long runs above 100kms when the engine gets hotter it becomes noisier and can be heard inside the cabin.

- Low beam on the projectors is not adequate for me. I've seen a couple of videos on YouTube for HTK+ and it's much better and luminous there because of DRLs alongside the same projector setup.

- This may be subjective - the steering and gear knob don't feel great to touch. I'll get the steering leather-wrapped soon.
@TBHPians: Any suggestions for the gear knob?
Old 15th October 2019, 21:46   #3388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentO View Post
My guess is the dealers have no say in the allocation unless there is a cancellation...... The car no doubt is absolutely lovely! But the dealers are generally clueless of the next...
My dealer confirmed as much. He said Kia is forcing them to offtake more middle version pieces for every piece of gtx+. He also said he has close to 160 gtx+ automatic bookings already!

I've a separate question. I had pre-booked on day 1 but confirmed the version etc only last week. Does my prebooking give me any advantage now? Dealer said he'll try to give some benefit but was non-committal.
Old 15th October 2019, 21:46   #3389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post

I am quite curious as to how does a 3 year comprehensive zero-dep. policy works? This is the first time I am hearing of such a thing.

Just as an example what happens if the car is say totalled or stolen in the first year as well. Also wouldn't the IDV be reduced Y-o-Y?

But at 79k for 3 year zero-dep seems like a bargain.
Thank you!

They mention the depreciated value for the next 3 years already in the policy.

Actually ICICI Lombard online quote showed even lesser by a few thousands, however I had committed with a known acquaintance so couldn't do much.
springisking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 00:05   #3390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
My dealer confirmed as much. He said Kia is forcing them to offtake more middle version pieces for every piece of gtx+. He also said he has close to 160 gtx+ automatic bookings already!

I've a separate question. I had pre-booked on day 1 but confirmed the version etc only last week. Does my prebooking give me any advantage now? Dealer said he'll try to give some benefit but was non-committal.
May I know which dealer in Bangalore are you referring here. I have done my booking with the dealer near Lalbagh road. Initially I was told for Oct end delivery, but now they are giving reasons by saying new variant and waiting period has been increased. Loosing patience following up with this folks now..

Irrespective of when you booked or when you confirmed your variant, guess this doesn’t matter. They are just selling the variants they are being dumped by KIA. That’s what I understand by the way my SA speaks..
therider is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks