Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2019, 06:46   #3391

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
I've a separate question. I had pre-booked on day 1 but confirmed the version etc only last week. Does my prebooking give me any advantage now? Dealer said he'll try to give some benefit but was non-committal.
Well, this would have happened to everyone who got a GTX+ DCT as when the booking opened this variant did not exist and I too had booked a GTX DCT and later changed it. Later on the dealer sent out a link asking me to update two choices.
I believe the dealer has no say in allocation however Kia is following some logical methodology that appears to be fair. So.. relax there is a special car being made just for you!
AgentO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 10:47   #3392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The AG 6167 View Post
So I ran a quick edit on the Kia Seltos body for some alloy wheels samples and ended up a lot more confused.
hey, good morning and thank you for sharing the pics. While all the designs look good, but if I were you, I would go with either 4,8 or 14. The reason is that it has fewer spokes so it may be of less weight contributing to reducing the rotational weight of each tire/wheel combo which eventually which will lead to better fuel economy, better acceleration, and many other aspects.
Old 16th October 2019, 11:05   #3393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The AG 6167 View Post
I am attaching pics here, please vote as to which alloy would you buy in my place.
My pick would be the one at Sl. No. 9. i.e., Onyx WM07G
Old 16th October 2019, 14:33   #3394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
I rather ordered a 5D mat, car cover and Ganesha idol from Amazon considering the great Indian festival is going on!!
Could you please share your feedback (quality/fitment) on the 5D mat ? If you recommend it, could you please share the links ?

Thx.
Old 16th October 2019, 16:32   #3395
BHPian

My allocated car is in the stockyard, but the final hurdles have begun. First, there was pushback on the finance, with the SA forcing me to choose theirs. Finally, I was able to deter them, but now, they are saying that it is 'impossible' for me to go with insurance from elsewhere. They say its not being done anywhere in Hyderabad, even if it is being done in other states. Can anyone tell me if this is true? Has anyone taken delivery with insurance from outside in Hyderabad? Thank you.
Old 16th October 2019, 16:37   #3396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK. Oby View Post
My allocated car is in the stockyard, but the final hurdles have begun. First, there was pushback on the finance, with the SA forcing me to choose theirs. Finally, I was able to deter them, but now, they are saying that it is 'impossible' for me to go with insurance from elsewhere. They say its not being done anywhere in Hyderabad, even if it is being done in other states. Can anyone tell me if this is true? Has anyone taken delivery with insurance from outside in Hyderabad? Thank you.
Same thing with me, I was just informed that the car has been allocated, when I inquired about insurance they said that taking one year insurance from them is mandatory! Is it really? Would appreciate it if anyone could clear this up.
Old 16th October 2019, 16:49   #3397
BHPian

Quote:
..but now, they are saying that it is 'impossible' for me to go with insurance from elsewhere. They say its not being done anywhere in Hyderabad, even if it is being done in other states. Can anyone tell me if this is true? Has anyone taken delivery with insurance from outside in Hyderabad? Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
Same thing with me, I was just informed that the car has been allocated, when I inquired about insurance they said that taking one year insurance from them is mandatory! Is it really? Would appreciate it if anyone could clear this up.
It is never the case of Mandatory! I am sure that they will give in once you arm twist them a bit. Else ask them to price match your quote!

This is one of the easiest margin making item for them and they would fight you for it before letting it go!

All the best!
AGwagon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 16:57   #3398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
It is never the case of Mandatory! I am sure that they will give in once you arm twist them a bit. Else ask them to price match your quote!

This is one of the easiest margin making item for them and they would fight you for it before letting it go!

All the best!
Thanks a lot for the tip. Have sent them the quote I got and told them that they should match it, or allow me to take from outside. Otherwise, I said I would cancel. Frankly, I am fine with canceling, as I am honestly fed up . Will get the final resolution tomorrw.
HK. Oby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 18:22   #3399
BHPian

Quote:
Yes i am getting my GTX+DCT delivered tomorrow hopefully (fingers crossed) and i have take insurance from outside, but both of my bookings is through a broker which has booked a good amount of cars with Kia so he's getting this preferential treatment. And the owners of this particular Kia dealer has other brand showrooms also where my broker is a regular.
I highly doubt they will let you buy your insurance as they are earning approx 20-25k per unit.
sidenzo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 18:28   #3400
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
they are saying that it is 'impossible' for me to go with insurance from elsewhere. They say its not being done anywhere in Hyderabad, even if it is being done in other states. Can anyone tell me if this is true? Has anyone taken delivery with insurance from outside in Hyderabad? Thank you.
Try telling them that you will complain to the IRDA-appointed Insurance Ombudsman. There is no rule that any of us would know of, whereby only the dealer can sell insurance. That's simply an unfair trade practise, something that the IRDA would be interesting in hearing. They can actually intervene (if you complain to the ombudsman) and cancel the involved broker's brokerage license. That license is a privilege given to brokers, not their right. It can and should be taken away in this instance.
locusjag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 18:57   #3401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhidube View Post
Could you please share your feedback (quality/fitment) on the 5D mat ? If you recommend it, could you please share the links ?

Thx.
Will share once I receive it. Will keep the group posted.
springisking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 19:32   #3402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
but both of my bookings is through a broker which has booked a good amount of cars with Kia so he's getting this preferential treatment.
Well, shame on Kia for not following FIFO and giving "preferential" treatment to middle men.

Last edited by panamera13 : 16th October 2019 at 19:34.
Old 16th October 2019, 22:53   #3403

Even i am being told that insurance not to be taken from outside. In my case since the delivery is accelerated by them I will have to take that pinch. I clearly told them had it being a normal case there was no way i would pay so much extra for same insurance cover.
Old 16th October 2019, 23:25   #3404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post

I've a separate question. I had pre-booked on day 1 but confirmed the version etc only last week. Does my prebooking give me any advantage now? Dealer said he'll try to give some benefit but was non-committal.
I booked at VST palace road on 18 Aug and did not confirm the variant. I have been fence setting on DCT or AT for the GTX+

My SA told me if I chose the DCT I would be 45th on the waiting list and if I chose AT I would be 30th. Based on this she estimates a delivery of Nov end to early Dec once I confirm the variant.
Old 17th October 2019, 09:56   #3405
BHPian

Refund troubles with KIA.

So I had two bookings with KIA. One with the dealership VST yeshwanthpur booked on 14 September and one with KIA online on 24 September. Though I initiated cancellation on 2 October both online and with VST yeshwanthpur, haven't received any money till date.

There's no written confirmation acknowledgment from VST yeshwanthpur or reply to my mails only the SA is telling verbally that it's in process and I'll have it in my account in another 3 days.

The worst is KIA motors, though the order shows cancelled online have had no communication via any form on status of refund. Worst still there's no call center number to talk to follow up. I've only been able to fill in order forms regarding my issue and them telling they'll get back with no call backs. I'm at my wits end to go about this.

I was promised refund in 3 working days and my 50k is stuck with these unprofessional people whereas I've a new car delivery scheduled on 25 th.

Anyone has the Kia helpline no.? Online it redirects to the RSA no. Which asks for VIN no to proceed. Helpless here
Closed Thread

Most Viewed