Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2019, 05:31   #3451
ADB
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Awaiting my GTX plus DCT in the last week of October. Facebook is full of heating issues of this DCT gearbox. A bit worried now. I hope those who have got the 1.4 DCT GTX / GTX+ here have no issues. Fingers crossed.
I’ve had it for 10 days and driven in bumper to bumper traffic, over certain stretches everyday. Basically, I cover 5 KMs in over 40 minutes. I have followed a few rules - minimal creeping, fully depressing the brakes when I have stopped. I have had no heating issues so far. Temperature has not gone above the sixth mark (context: up to the 10th mark, it’s normal).
ADB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 06:42   #3452
BHPian

Quote:
Awaiting my GTX plus DCT in the last week of October. Facebook is full of heating issues of this DCT gearbox. A bit worried now. I hope those who have got the 1.4 DCT GTX / GTX+ here have no issues. Fingers crossed.
Aren't both the GTX+ Diesel TC and Petrol DCT priced similarly?
Why take the DCT if its prone to problems? The TC will be more reliable in the long term. And because both are BS6 engines and turbos, maintenance will be the same irrespective of the fuel.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 09:48   #3453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Aren't both the GTX+ Diesel TC and Petrol DCT priced similarly?
Why take the DCT if its prone to problems? The TC will be more reliable in the long term. And because both are BS6 engines and turbos, maintenance will be the same irrespective of the fuel.
But there is a world of difference in performance and responsiveness. I would not spend 21l on that TC. The DCT risk is the only chink in the armour if FE is not a consideration
sandygordon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 11:05   #3454
BHPian

Quote:
The DCT risk is the only chink in the armour if FE is not a consideration
And a GDI engine isn't?
marutifan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 11:46   #3455
Senior - BHPian

What is the bulb type for the GT Line number plate lights? Standard W5W or Festoon? I want to change them to LED on a friends car, don't want to pry open the lights twice just to check the bulb. Want to keep everything ready before i open the lights.
Old 19th October 2019, 12:04   #3456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marutifan View Post
And a GDI engine isn't?
Is there any major issue with the GDI engine? All I have heard are some news about fires and poor fuel efficiency based litigations in the US. Do they affect India?
Old 19th October 2019, 12:54   #3457
BHPian

Quote:
But there is a world of difference in performance and responsiveness. I would not spend 21l on that TC. The DCT risk is the only chink in the armour if FE is not a consideration
Would really like to understand how good (or bad) the diesel AT is. Is it on par with what's on offer in the Creta ?

I am close to booking the GTX+ AT in diesel. Unfortunately the showroom near me doesn't have the D-AT for test drives.
Old 19th October 2019, 13:38   #3458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Is there any major issue with the GDI engine?
There is an inherent benefit of port fuel injected engines where the fuel spray cleans the input port valve. This is lost in GDI engines.

These engines will thus need more care and maintenance at regular intervals to clean the port valves and avoid damaging the engine.

Couple that with high pressure fuel pump and injectors along with questionable fuel quality available to the end consumer.
marutifan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 13:55   #3459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Would really like to understand how good (or bad) the diesel AT is. Is it on par with what's on offer in the Creta ?
I had earlier booked GTX + D-AT without a test drive but after driving the D-AT & DCT back to back, I changed my mind due to the following reasons:

1. 1.5 Diesel is a gem of an engine. Super refined. (Comparing it with my A3 Diesel). Manual gearbox works very well here. Good pickup and bare minimum engine noise.
2. 1.5 Diesel with AT revs probably 10-20% more for the same acceleration as compared to manual version which translates to an audible engine as compared to super silent 1.5 D manual seltos. Felt ordinary coming from DSGs but on its own gearbox is smooth but energy and efficiency sapping. ARAI numbers more than 10% down on the Automatic.
3. 1.5 Petrol DCT was love at first drive. Felt special like a Polo GT and much quicker than my A3 35 TDI. Had reset the trip meter before my test drive and got 11.2 kmpl for my short test drive of 3kms.

Eventually I went with the heart and changed my booking to DCT inspite of the added running cost. 5 years warranty gives me peace of mind too. Now eagerly waiting for my car to arrive. Booked in early September. Cheers!
rahulsharma2008 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 14:02   #3460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
I’ve had it for 10 days and driven in bumper to bumper traffic, over certain stretches everyday. Basically, I cover 5 KMs in over 40 minutes. I have followed a few rules - minimal creeping, fully depressing the brakes when I have stopped. I have had no heating issues so far. Temperature has not gone above the sixth mark (context: up to the 10th mark, it’s normal).
I have had it since a day only and have driven 27 kms through delhi traffic. No heating issues whatsoever. Drove the car in Normal mode. Have ensured that the break is fully depressed and no crawling. That is it .

Upgrade done on tyres : Did a Michelin Primacy 4ST 225/55 R17 and works like a bliss. Super ride quality
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 14:24   #3461
BHPian

Seltos GTX DCT already hits OLX in Rajasthan. Seems the user finds its height tool tall for his liking, after just 500+ kms. I guess he's going to lose 1.5-2 lacs for the misadventure.

Link

Here in south Bangalore it's raining Seltoses. A day doesn't pass without me noticing 3-4 copies daily, most of them being the GT trim.

In my opinion, on the streets, the Venue, Hector and Seltos look like they're from a modern clan and have made several "lookers" of the recent past look dated.
Old 19th October 2019, 14:27   #3462
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Upgrade done on tyres : Did a Michelin Primacy 4ST 225/55 R17 and works like a bliss. Super ride quality
Yes, the stock tyres are a bit noisy for my liking too. How much did the Michelins set you back by? Problem is, I have already done 600kms and wouldn’t get as great a price on my current tyres.
Old 19th October 2019, 14:44   #3463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
Even i faced this problem yesterday, will get it checked up during first service. It happens only at night though maybe because of low ambient temperature as compared to day time.

I have a strange rattle from passenger side rear area, it comes on even when passing over small potholes or sometimes even while turning the vehicle at a decent speed or crossing over a speed breaker. Need to find out where it comes from.
Fogging of the windscreen is normal in modern Fully Automatic Climate Control systems. It distributes air through all vents to cool the cabin quicker. Use the 'face only' mode, and set the temperature to about 24 degrees or thereabouts, it should be within 5-6 degrees lower than ambient temperature. Not only will this cool the cabin more uniformly but will help with windshield not fogging up. I keep 23-25 degrees all year round, and it gives very comfortable cooling and no fogging.

We need to fix the rattle this weekend!
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 14:54   #3464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
Yes, the stock tyres are a bit noisy for my liking too. How much did the Michelins set you back by? Problem is, I have already done 600kms and wouldn’t get as great a price on my current tyres.
I got it for 29K for all 4 tyres after buyback. Full price of the tyre is INR 12500 per tyre.
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 15:36   #3465
BHPian

Hi. Was planning of trading in my Scross for a Kia. So with the intention of seriously considering the car walked into Crystal Kia at Baner. The showroom still looks like it is being set up with 1 car relegated to the background. In spite of me checking out the car not one person approached my wife or me. Similarly another person was looking around for help as well. 4 executives were in one corner. Even after I complained to the lady at the reception she did not bother to call any SE or any concerned person. Walked out immediately. If this is pre sales experience I wonder what would be the post sales.. I guess I will wait for a while or go to one of the other brands...
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks