Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2019, 13:58   #3571
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by therider View Post
When I went to check car colours parked in their service area, I saw them doing a wrap for one of the car which was getting ready for delivery. They said, it will cost around 90K for entire exterior excluding bonnet and if you opt for 3M, it will be somewhere around 2lac I just wonder, though I don't have much knowledge on this wraps/coatings and the brands to choose from. Is he making sense here
Just to give you an indication -
If you're referring to 3M vinyl wrap, my dealer quoted 21k just for the roof (in black).

If you're referring to PPF wrap, it cost me 1.5k just for 4 door's edges and cups. I don't even know whether it was 3M.

So these wraps/coatings on the whole car can get pretty expensive.

Last edited by dksv : 23rd October 2019 at 14:02.
dksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 14:35   #3572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
Let me try answering these one by one:
- yes, they actually refused to do coating on the seats due to them being ventilated. So basically, only the trims were coated (dash, door etc. ), no polishing

- I went with them as they were much cheaper (25k vs 80k for a 5 year warranty) and I know people who have got ceramic done with them.
Thanks man, this is really helpful. Luckily they are nearby as well. I will surely try and visit them soon for a Demo.

So 25k was all inclusive? Did you go for the complete package Armour Absolute and Cabin Armour (including windshield, headlights, tyres and rims + interiors)? Do they do the other glasses as well other than the windshield
? Also did you got the rear bench done, given it is non-ventilated, and a colour likely to get soiled easily with kids?

I think they quote a higher number on their website. Just wanted to see what can I expect to negotiate them down to. Any references?

Thanks once again
Old 23rd October 2019, 14:53   #3573
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Thanks man, this is really helpful. Luckily they are nearby as well. I will surely try and visit them soon for a Demo.

So 25k was all inclusive? Did you go for the complete package Armour Absolute and Cabin Armour (including windshield, headlights, tyres and rims + interiors)? Do they do the other glasses as well other than the windshield
? Also did you got the rear bench done, given it is non-ventilated, and a colour likely to get soiled easily with kids?

I think they quote a higher number on their website. Just wanted to see what can I expect to negotiate them down to. Any references?

Thanks once again
I got the absolute armour. They only do front and back windshields, not the other glass. No, I didn’t ask for the rear bench as I didn’t want the seats to look different from the rear bench. They do have a discount running up until Diwali. Though I did get a better deal as I was getting two cars done - Seltos and Octavia. So while there is room for negotiation- max you can expect is 15% to 20%.
ADB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 15:04   #3574

Quote:
Thanks, this helps Have to be careful with these dealers, they can make fool out you..
When I went to check car colours parked in their service area, I saw them doing a wrap for one of the car which was getting ready for delivery. They said, it will cost around 90K for entire exterior excluding bonnet and if you opt for 3M, it will be somewhere around 2lac I just wonder, though I don't have much knowledge on this wraps/coatings and the brands to choose from. Is he making sense here
I got 3M PPF coating done for 4 edges, door handles, door edges - it costed me around 17K. Full car costs around 1L. By the way, Based on info provided by 3M Sarjapur road, this is for regular PPF which is around 500 per sq feet (I am not sure on exact price). There is a self healing material which is almost double the price.
Old 23rd October 2019, 15:15   #3575
BHPian

While reading and watching reviews/comments on a few social media platforms regarding the Seltos, I came to know that the power-window switches are not illuminated on all 4 doors (apart from the driver's switch). Is this true for the top trim GTX+ as well? If so, that is sad.

If the owners can shed some 'light' on this, would be appreciated!
Thanks.
Old 23rd October 2019, 16:12   #3576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
Just to give you an indication -
If you're referring to 3M vinyl wrap, my dealer quoted 21k just for the roof (in black).
I was planning to get a black wrap for roof, as KIA doesn't offer dual tone for GTX+/GTX+DCT variants, which is sad.
In the accessory list shared in one of the earlier post, there was an accessory by name 'Roof Wrap Matte Black' which was quoted Rs. 9,726. Any idea on this, how will be the finish and look as compared to GTX Dual tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya_rd View Post
I got 3M PPF coating done for 4 edges, door handles, door edges - it costed me around 17K. Full car costs around 1L. By the way, Based on info provided by 3M Sarjapur road, this is for regular PPF which is around 500 per sq feet (I am not sure on exact price). There is a self healing material which is almost double the price.
Man, these things are expensive. I am really awakened
Thanks both for sharing details..

Last edited by Aditya : 24th October 2019 at 08:37. Reason: Language error
Old 23rd October 2019, 16:13   #3577
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutwij View Post
While reading and watching reviews/comments on a few social media platforms regarding the Seltos, I came to know that the power-window switches are not illuminated on all 4 doors (apart from the driver's switch). Is this true for the top trim GTX+ as well? If so, that is sad.

If the owners can shed some 'light' on this, would be appreciated!
Thanks.
You are right. Only one switch - driver window is illuminated. Nothing else - mirror control, door lock, window lock, balance 3 window switches. It is quite stupid on Kia’s part. It would’ve cost them close to nothing to do this. But I guess they just picked up the same pieces that are installed in the Creta. Even the quality of these is poorer than all the other fit and finish inside the cabin.
Old 23rd October 2019, 16:17   #3578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
You are right. Only one switch - driver window is illuminated. Nothing else - mirror control, door lock, window lock, balance 3 window switches. It is quite stupid on Kia’s part. It would’ve cost them close to nothing to do this. But I guess they just picked up the same pieces that are installed in the Creta. Even the quality of these is poorer than all the other fit and finish inside the cabin.
Interesting and sad at the same time!
Safe to assume the switches on the other 3 doors are not illuminated as well?
Old 23rd October 2019, 16:28   #3579
BHPian

Drove from Delhi to gurgaon and gurgaon to Noida in my GTX+ DCT . Got a mileage of 15.8 kmpl and no heating issues . Traffic was on the higher side .
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191023_134430.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191023_134436.jpg  

Alive2Drive is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 16:36   #3580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Drove from Delhi to gurgaon and gurgaon to Noida in my GTX+ DCT . Got a mileage of 15.8 kmpl and no heating issues . Traffic was on the higher side .
Can you describe the traffic conditions more specifically and was it highway or mostly city drive? I am not getting more than 11 kmpl in 70:30 highway:city. Do note that the highway i am talking about are the city ring roads with traffic just on junctions.
Old 23rd October 2019, 16:40   #3581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
Can you describe the traffic conditions more specifically and was it highway or mostly city drive? I am not getting more than 11 kmpl in 70:30 highway:city. Do note that the highway i am talking about are the city ring roads with traffic just on junctions.
It comprises of 70/ 30 highway/city drive with jam on the nh8 . From gurgaon to Noida is in the city ring road and heavier than usual traffic .
Old 23rd October 2019, 17:16   #3582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
It comprises of 70/ 30 highway/city drive with jam on the nh8 . From gurgaon to Noida is in the city ring road and heavier than usual traffic .
Wow, need to know your driving style for sure. i am not getting more than 11.
Old 23rd October 2019, 17:22   #3583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
Wow, need to know your driving style for sure. i am not getting more than 11.
Lift and coast it is . Also since it is within the 1000kms drive, I am driving it cautiously .
Old 23rd October 2019, 18:14   #3584
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutwij View Post
Interesting and sad at the same time!
Safe to assume the switches on the other 3 doors are not illuminated as well?
Yes, those aren’t illuminated either.
Old 23rd October 2019, 19:11   #3585
BHPian

Quote:
I was planning to get a black wrap for roof, as KIA doesn't offer dual tone for GTX+/GTX+DCT variants, which is sad.
In the accessory list shared in one of the earlier post, there was an accessory by name 'Roof Wrap Matte Black' which was quoted Rs. 9,726. Any idea on this, how will be the finish and look as compared to GTX Dual tone.
At under 9k I'm sure it is not 3M a wrap. The closest you can get to dual tone variant is the black OE paint. My dealer charges 17k for that. If you search the forum, there are whole threads debating vinyl wraps vs paint for roof. So I'll leave it at this.
dksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks