Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2019, 09:00   #3616
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
I just did a Delhi to Gurgaon run. The mix must have been 75:25 highway : normal roads. There was moderate traffic as for most of it, I couldn’t go beyond the speed of 75 kmph for majority of the stretch; a few traffic lights, and a few other moments of being at a standstill.

From home to home, The MID showed a mileage of 18.3 KMPL. And I did have a heavy right foot from time to time, to overtake

It’s a gem of an engine and transmission which puts a smile on your face
Not putting anything against the GDi DCT, but simply do not rely on the MID. I have now completed close to 2k on my D-AT and I can tell from experience the number on the drive trip depends on the drive of the last few kms rather than an overall number. I just reached office in GGN from Delhi, and at times during the drive today because of little traffic I got 19.7kmpl.

Also 24km in 35minutes (~40km/h ave.) is largely the sweetest condition you can expect with not going beyond 75km. So do take these numbers with a pinch of salt. What you can see is that your DTE is only ~250km with a slightly less than half tank left, which gives you a range of around 500km. Given it is a 52litre tank, I say your average will be closer to 10kmpl by the tank-full to tank-full method.

P.S. the range when I tank my car up is upwards of 850km generally, so the car estimates that I should do more than 15kmpl. I am managing a 14+kmpl consistently where I cover generally 70km (to-fro) in a drive time of close to 3 hours (~20km/h ave.)

With 40-50km/h average speed without going beyond 80, I am sure the D-AT should return at least 17kmpl.

So while the DCT is performing much better than the competition (say Hector), one should realistically in city conditions only expect a near 10kmpl IMO.

Just my 2 cents, so BHPians can make an informed decision given top variants on both cars are price matched.

Last edited by AGwagon : 25th October 2019 at 09:05.
AGwagon is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 09:08   #3617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Not putting anything against the GDi DCT, but simply do not rely on the MID. I have now completed close to 2k on my D-AT and I can tell from experience the number on the drive trip depends on the drive of the last few kms rather than an overall number. I just reached office in GGN from Delhi, and at times during the drive today because of little traffic I got 19.7kmpl.

Just my 2 cents, so BHPians can make an informed decision given top variants on both cars are price matched.
I am yet to try the tankful method but what I can see from the range and mileage shown in MID is that I am only achieving around 10-10.5kmpl. This is 70:30 highway:city.

Last edited by navin : 25th October 2019 at 11:48. Reason: quoted full post
sidenzo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 09:58   #3618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
The sales person told me it will take about 5 to 6 months for the vehicle to be delivered.
Hello Sir,

This is strange as i visited the same dealer in the second week of september and they said the car will be available by diwali as the company is increasing production due to high demand. I went ahead and booked the GTX+ DCT on Oct 1st through an online platform trycarpal.com, as i know the person personally. He told me this variant hasn't been registered yet in TN so there will be delays but told me i should be able to get the car by 1st week of november (fingers crossed). A week later the sales person from Capital KIA called me and asked if i wanted to book and said he will be able to give me the car by end of november as there are close to a 100 bookings. I was told maximum waiting time is 3 months, not more.

Quote:
About a week ago the sales person asked me if I would be interested in the Steel Silver instead of the Intense Red that I had booked. I told him no. What colour are you looking for?
I wanted the Silver, Mom wanted the red & black dual tone or full black and Dad wants the Gravity Grey
So after a lot of debate, went ahead and booked Gravity Grey, which i am told doesn't have much demand.
Old 25th October 2019, 10:28   #3619

Hi All,

I have been an avid follower of this forum since I booked my Seltos HTX + D- AT on July 2019. Finally a few days ago got a call from my dealer that the car is in transit and i should be able to get the delivery by Dhanteras and rightly so i am getting the delivery today.

Being overtly excited and overjoyed, I had been looking at all the facebook groups and reading all comments by owners and others regarding Seltos which kept me awake till 5 in the morning yesterday lol.

Going through the posts I read a few comments of people complaint about water seeping inside there car from windows due to some rubber defect and secondly about parcel tray noise. To this a lot of people have been commenting to those owners on how they should've done proper pdi before taking delivery.

Now this has got me worried a bit and wanted to ask all the experienced fellow bhpians how can i do a proper pdi to gauge this water problem and parcel shelf noise problem along with any other niggles during my pdi.
Old 25th October 2019, 10:44   #3620
BHPian

Hey Mods - is the official review almost done?
rovingeye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 11:08   #3621

Hello Mods,

What is the rule for posting review of a Seltos dealer in Pune.

Anil
Old 25th October 2019, 11:10   #3622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjz View Post
Hi All,

I have been an avid follower of this forum since I booked my Seltos HTX + D- AT on July 2019. Finally a few days ago got a call from my dealer that the car is in transit and i should be able to get the delivery by Dhanteras and rightly so i am getting the delivery today.

Being overtly excited and overjoyed, I had been looking at all the facebook groups and reading all comments by owners and others regarding Seltos which kept me awake till 5 in the morning yesterday lol.

Going through the posts I read a few comments of people complaint about water seeping inside there car from windows due to some rubber defect and secondly about parcel tray noise. To this a lot of people have been commenting to those owners on how they should've done proper pdi before taking delivery.

Now this has got me worried a bit and wanted to ask all the experienced fellow bhpians how can i do a proper pdi to gauge this water problem and parcel shelf noise problem along with any other niggles during my pdi.
Do not believe these Facebook Groups. These are full of positive and negative biased marketing people employed by the company or the competition.

To my knowledge there is not even a single Seltos owner on this forum who has experienced either of these issues. So do not worry.

You can easily find the T-BHP recommended PDI checklist on the website which all BHPians highly recommend you use during the PDI process.

All the best!
AGwagon is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 11:32   #3623
Distinguished - BHPian

I had booked a HTK D in Intense Red on Oct 11 and dealer had promised delivery on Oct 27. Couple of days later, I changed the booking to HTK+ with no commitment on the delivery date.

The dealer got back to me yesterday saying that there's a Steel Silver car, in the same model, in transit this week and can be delivered early next week if I change the color. Or I could get the HTK D in Intense Red. After some deliberation with my wife, we decided to not compromise on the variant(HTK+) and delivery timeline and agreed to settle for Silver as the most practical choice. Silver was my father's first choice and that helped too!

While discussing the color options, we figured out that all the available color options in Seltos, except white, are 'deceptive' in nature. I haven't noticed such drastic change in color under different light conditions.

Intense Red: Looks very bright under focused light and looks dull maroon under shade

Intelligent Blue: Same as red. Looks very bright blue under light and looks dull deeper shade of blue under shade

Gravity grey: Greenish gray under light and dark gray under shade

Punchy Orange: It looks much better under shade and does suit the car

Steel Silver: Looks lighter gray/silver under light and dull in shade
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 12:07   #3624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
Yes it is quite hard, it depends on what car you come from. If you come from a Duster then this is not upto the mark, if you come from XUV you would say wow!

However personally I feel it is quite stiff.
I have driven mostly hatchbacks with soft suspensions and low ground clearance. I guess the new-found higher GC is spoiling me. Maybe I just have to adapt my driving style a bit on low speeds to take bad patches with more ease.

By the way, I wanted to give an update on the air holding capability of the Kumho tyres. Remember, there's no TPMS on my HTK. On the day of my car delivery I reduced the air pressure from 39 PSI to the recommended 35 PSI on all 4 tyres. Its been 3 weeks since then and I've driven about 600kms till date (on different road conditions except heavy rain) and have been checking the air pressure every week and only the front left tyre has lost 0.5 PSI till date. All others are holding tight onto 35 PSI.

I have this habit of keeping up the air pressure every week at home. I use Michelin's tyre guage & foot pump, if you may ask.
dksv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 12:10   #3625
BHPian

Quote:
About a week ago the sales person asked me if I would be interested in the Steel Silver instead of the Intense Red that I had booked. I told him no.
It has been the same case with me as well. I have booked for GTX+ DCT White and was told that the delivery will be done by Oct end. When I called them last week to check on the status, they asked me to go for other colour options or other variants and now my delivery date has been pushed to Nov. This unorganised way of handling demands by dealer and KIA is driving me nuts
therider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 12:36   #3626

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.jeet View Post
First Post! Thanks for accepting me into the TeamBHP Family!

Anybody here from Chennai, who has booked the GTX+ DCT?
I heard this variant is yet to be registered at the RTO. Any update as to when it will be completed?

Hi, I am from Chennai and the RTO registration probem has been sorted out as of 22/23 Oct. I had booked a GTX+ DCT in Sep and I got it delivered last night! Cheers. The car has been absolutely fun to drive around.
tauk2mi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 12:57   #3627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
I have driven mostly hatchbacks with soft suspensions and low ground clearance. I guess the new-found higher GC is spoiling me. Maybe I just have to adapt my driving style a bit on low speeds to take bad patches with more ease. All others are holding tight onto 35 PSI.

I have this habit of keeping up the air pressure every week at home. I use Michelin's tyre guage & foot pump, if you may ask.
There is no doubt that Seltos is bit on a stiffer side, but given that you have a model with only 16inch wheels and a larger sidewall should to me have made some more difference in ride quality.

Might I recommend to keep the tyre pressure between 32-33psi. I for my HTX+ had also done so from 35psi and felt the car ride settled a bit. The weird thing about the Seltos is that the tyre pressure instruction sticker hardly makes any difference between full load and less load. And since in general the cars have only the driver, it is absolutely OK to reduce it to 33.

See if that makes a difference for you.
AGwagon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 13:06   #3628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjz View Post
Don't worry much now. Just do pre-delivery checks & keep your eyes open for little misfits & niggles etc for first month. Get them all noted & sorted at 1st service. Just pay attention & don't miss anything so that it gets fixed if required at 1st service. Nothing to be expressly scared about. Enjoy your ride when it comes. Congratulations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilv4 View Post
Hello Mods,
What is the rule for posting review of a Seltos dealer in Pune.
Anil
There is a separate forum for dealership reviews. Perhaps you can use it -
Link - TBHP Dealership reviews
If you want, you can then cross-post a link for your post there, into this thread.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 13:25   #3629
Senior - BHPian

I booked my Seltos on July 18th on KIA website immediately after they rolled out bookings. Confirmed the variant as GTX+ DCT in white color sometime in August. Switched the color to Steel silver few weeks ago. Still waiting for the delivery from the dealer in Vijayawada. They just started receiving top variants and I am 4th in priority order.

Just sold my Cruze and contemplating on whether stick to my booking or upgrade to Jeep Compass or Octavia 1.4.
Old 25th October 2019, 13:31   #3630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Just sold my Cruze and contemplating on whether stick to my booking or upgrade to Jeep Compass or Octavia 1.4.
In my opinion, Octavia will be the right next car. The seltos is quite a cramped car when you compare it to Octavia. I mean, even the front seats are smaller than a regular C2 sedan (smaller than rapid). Moreover Octavia is such a looker.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 25th October 2019 at 13:38.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks