Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2019, 14:00   #3781
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Sorry for the OT. But this car is raining more than the actual daily heavy rain in Pune!

In the mere 20 kms drive from Hinjawadi (office) to Kothrud (home) yesterday at 5PM, as many as 18 Seltos (damn how to write the plural for this car!?) crossed in opposite direction to me. I was specifically counting. That is a crazy number! All were registered personal cars & no TD vehicles (that's another 2 since I pass a KIA showroom enroute too.)

I have really liked the looks of this car from day 1. And it just keeps growing more with time on me. Sharp lines, suited up smart looks. And most importantly absolutely NO quirks or overdone bits to make it look blingy.

Great for our market to get modern, well designed cars like this one. Time to turn a page from old-school basic designs (Scorpio et al) and look sharp!
Reinhard is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 14:34   #3782
BHPian

There has been an issue with the rattling rear parcel tray. The cars now come with the patched version which fixes the issue. Would recommend to check before accepting the car if you are purchasing one.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-fb_img_1573013736868.jpg

Picture source: Facebook
momsonlydriver is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 14:41   #3783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
There has been an issue with the rattling rear parcel tray. The cars now come with the patched version which fixes the issue. Would recommend to check before accepting the car if you are purchasing one.

Attachment 1931659

During first service, was informed it will be fixed for all existing customers as well once the part reaches dealership in coming weeks.

Last edited by S.MJet : 6th November 2019 at 14:44.
S.MJet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 14:48   #3784
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
During first service, was informed it will be fixed for all existing customers as well once the part reaches dealership in coming weeks.
These are things that Maruti takes care of in an Alto. Silly oversights like these while totally harmless, sure make these car makers stupid.

And replacing the whole thing is like bringing a cannon for a cockroach infestation. Typical Indian jugaad with rubber buffers stuck on in 3 places would have solved it for good. Nice to see KIA going the full distance. But that's quite a few thousand parcel trays in the junk for recycling now. Not exactly environmentally friendly.
Old 6th November 2019, 14:53   #3785
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1931659

My dealer added these to my car on the day of the delivery. These patches are less than 1"X1" and look like spot bandages. It has soft touch material with some adhesive and they are adding one each on either side of the parcel tray.

I have driven 1200 kms after these patches were added and haven't observed any rattling so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Nice to see KIA going the full distance. But that's quite a few thousand parcel trays in the junk for recycling now. Not exactly environmentally friendly.
They don't change the tray but are adding two such patches to the existing tray, as shown in the image above.

Last edited by ashis89 : 6th November 2019 at 14:59.
ashis89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 15:16   #3786
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1931659

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Quote:
These are things that Maruti takes care of in an Alto. Silly oversights like these while totally harmless, sure make these car makers stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

They don't change the tray but are adding two such patches to the existing tray, as shown in the image above.
So they have gone the Hyundai way. My Creta comes from the factory like this. Since there's no cushion, I also noticed an irritating noise from the parcel tray. So had to go with the jugaad way. Here are the details. I had already posted this here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post3845643 (It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O))
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 16:34   #3787
BHPian

Just got a call from the dealer.Getting my GTX+ DCT petrol delivered next week After a wait of almost 3 months.
Asmt_b is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 17:01   #3788
BHPian

Quote:
......are adding two such patches to the existing tray, as shown in the image above.
I had informed about parcel tray rattling on the delivery day. Today on my visit to dealership, the Sales Executive informed that they would be adding soft patches to take care of this issue.
DriveT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 17:39   #3789

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Don't get me wrong, but are you using the correct method to calculate the economy, given you have only driven 500km (in a fuel tank of 55 litres) wherein you are reporting a 10.5kmpl.

Just curious!

I reset my kms when I did tank full at the time of delivery. I recently got the tank full again and used the kms driven and amount of fuel that went in this time for calculation.
guessme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 18:17   #3790
BHPian

Quote:

Typical Indian jugaad with rubber buffers stuck on in 3 places would have solved it for good.
My new Brezza had the same problem when I bought it back in 2016. The ASS guys pasted two strips of foam on both sides of the boot where the tray rests as a jugad. Three years later, the rattling sound has not gone away completely but let's just say that I can live with it.
captain.torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 19:13   #3791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the OT. But this car is raining more than the actual daily heavy rain in Pune!
Same is the case here in Bangalore as well! I see increasing no. of Seltos' (I hope I got it right) on the roads by the day. In comparison, MGs are nowhere close, at least based on my sightings. And I also agree that it brings in a fresh new wave in terms of looks, features, and the brand to an extent, these being the primary reasons for it's runaway success - Indian consumers have not had such a "fresh" product from these perspectives for a while now and (most importantly) at such a tremendous price point! In short, Kia hit all the nails on the head

That being said, I was looking at one (my neighbor's to be precise) at close quarters and was overwhelmed - to say the least - by the plethora of buttons/gizmos/dials/knobs and what not in there, not to mention the screen bigger than my LCD TV at home (ok, I exaggerated a little there)! Guess I am too old to adapt to today's cars

Last edited by cool_dube : 6th November 2019 at 19:14.
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 19:23   #3792
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
My dealer added these to my car on the day of the delivery. These patches are less than 1"X1" and look like spot bandages. It has soft touch material with some adhesive and they are adding one each on either side of the parcel tray.

I have driven 1200 kms after these patches were added and haven't observed any rattling so far.

Even my dealer had affixed these on day 1. However, during first service, they added 2 more rubber inserts towards the side. No rattling whatsoever not that I was complaining after the first patch.
ADB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 20:54   #3793
BHPian

Quote:
as many as 18 Seltos (damn how to write the plural for this car!?)
To make the name Seltos in plural just type it as Seltos' . Yes, your job is done! Any name that ends with s, just add a '
momsonlydriver is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 21:13   #3794
BHPian

Very easy to guess why Seltos is ahead in the race with the Hector!

Korean(premier like Hyundai) versus Chinese (considered as the birthplace of cheap products).
Old 6th November 2019, 21:35   #3795
Senior - BHPian

Is there anybody who booked KIA Seltos GTX+ DCT in July and still waiting for delivery?

I booked mine on July 18 on KIA website. My dealer is KIA Simha, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh. I am still waiting for vehicle allotment. Even the dealer has no clue.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks