Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2019, 02:07   #3796
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Is there anybody who booked KIA Seltos GTX+ DCT in July and still waiting for delivery?

I booked mine on July 18 on KIA website. My dealer is KIA Simha, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh. I am still waiting for vehicle allotment. Even the dealer has no clue.
This is something I am not able to understand. Satish_Appasani booked his GTX+ DCT in July and is still waiting for his delivery. Even the dealer has no clue. That is almost 4 months since he booked. We are now in November.

Then we had a member from Trivandrum who said last week that his SA says the waiting period is less than 3 months.

Towards the end of October, my SA in Chennai sent me a table that shows the waiting period for this variant to be 4-5 months.

What's going on? Waiting Period will change from time to time depending on the rate of manufacture vs number of bookings. Kia Motors should send periodic updates regarding the waiting period for the various variants. Is there any way we can get this across to Kia Motors? Messages/clarifications/requests posted at their website remain unanswered. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Buying a 21 lakh car is a major purchase. One needs to have more concrete information as to when the car is likely to be delivered. Presently we are all, including the dealers, in limbo.

Any suggestions from anyone how we can address this issue?
Old 7th November 2019, 09:13   #3797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post

Buying a 21 lakh car is a major purchase. One needs to have more concrete information as to when the car is likely to be delivered. Presently we are all, including the dealers, in limbo.

Any suggestions from anyone how we can address this issue?
Your above post in a concise form addressed to their Twitter handle should get their attention. Proper hashtags will ensure the spread is wide. After all, they're spending big bucks on advertising on most platforms. So they certainly can respond to customer (or future customer) queries too.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
DueLLeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 10:21   #3798
BHPian

How has been the experience of owners with Android Auto? My experience isn't great. The Google Assistant just cant get the Indian accent of contacts to call. I don't want to listen to my messages while driving. So, for me, the only utility of Android auto will be for navigation using Google Maps, that too if I need traffic info. Else the inbuilt navigation is good enough, with added advantage of getting navigation directions on the HUD. I pair my phone with Bluetooth, and the voice recognition of the car is far more effective in recognising names spoken with an Indian Accent. Wish this was made available through the onboard computer (What, in today's world, is called "technology at the edge") instead of getting delivered through a remote Server and hence dependence on Vodafone's cellular network.
Old 7th November 2019, 10:38   #3799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
The Google Assistant just cant get the Indian accent of contacts to call. I don't want to listen to my messages while driving.
You can change the Google Assistant voice to Indian English in Google app > Settings > Language & Region on your phone. What it does is change the voice to an Indian accent and also (possibly) understand Indian accent better. It gets better with time as it 'learns' your voice.

About reading out the messages aloud, there should be an option to turn it off either within the 'Android Auto Settings' on your car display or the app on your phone.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 7th November 2019, 11:51   #3800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
How has been the experience of owners with Android Auto
I was using Apple Carplay on the Seltos until my iPhone broke from a fall. I replaced it with an Android phone and thus using Android Auto now. Basically I use it for 2 purposes - playing music (from Amazon Music) and for navigation (Google Maps / Waze).

I found Apple Carplay experience superior. In Android Auto, music doesn't display album artwork from Amazon Music. Also, sometimes it takes a couple of tries to establish connection with the car. I did not find much difference in voice recognition though.

Last edited by dksv : 7th November 2019 at 12:11.
Old 7th November 2019, 11:55   #3801
BHPian

Got my GTX+ dct delivered on 18 October 2019. Had booked it on 30 June 2019 at sparsh kia.

Overall experience was outstanding and very helpful staff specially bhramdeep Singh who was my sales rep.

Completed 1200 kms till date with average running of 85 kms /day

F.E. :- got 13 kmpl ( tankful to tankful )

Very happy with the vehicle and tyre upgrade ( 225/55 R17)
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191018_182141.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191016_132708.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191016_132654.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191016_133355.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191016_133105.jpg  

Alive2Drive is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 12:18   #3802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
Your above post in a concise form addressed to their Twitter handle should get their attention. Proper hashtags will ensure the spread is wide. After all, they're spending big bucks on advertising on most platforms. So they certainly can respond to customer (or future customer) queries too.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Thanks for your suggestion, DueLLer. Let me try it.
Old 7th November 2019, 12:20   #3803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
You will lose 13 mm of Ground Clearance with the tyre upgrade you made.

Refer this post: URL (The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs).

Correct upsize for the Seltos is 235/55R17.
Old 7th November 2019, 12:30   #3804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
You will lose 13 mm of Ground Clearance with the tyre upgrade you made.

Refer this post: URL (The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs).

Correct upsize for the Seltos is 235/55R17.
Your calculation is incorrect. The body is attached at the midpoint of the wheel, not at the top, so the max loss in GC is 13/2 = 6.5mm.

Additionally, the sidewall is compressed at the bottom, which means that the actual loss in height is even lower.

The difference in circumference is only 1.8% for the 225/55 tyre, which is well within the acceptable range. Sure, the 235/55 may be a slightly better match, but 225/55 is not out of spec by any stretch of imagination.
d3mon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 12:33   #3805
BHPian

Quote:
Got my GTX+ dct delivered on 18 October 2019. Had booked it on 30 June 2019 at sparsh kia.

Overall experience was outstanding and very helpful staff specially bhramdeep Singh who was my sales rep.

Congrats on your car. Its a great car although pricey.

Just a note: please refrain from keeping your keys in front of the gear lever as that location contains the wireless charging and can damage the smart keys.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos.jpg  

srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 12:41   #3806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post

Just a note: please refrain from keeping your keys in front of the gear lever as that location contains the wireless charging and can damage the smart keys.
I think in Seltos, the wireless charger is not there at the bottom. It there in the nearly hidden flap just above those USB slots.
Repsol is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 12:43   #3807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post

Thanks for the guidance. This was during the PDI and i pretty much keep the key in my pocket throughout.
Old 7th November 2019, 12:58   #3808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
I think in Seltos, the wireless charger is not there at the bottom. It there in the nearly hidden flap just above those USB slots.
Just went through few videos on Youtube. You are right, its below the climate control unit and has cooling in case the phone heats up during charging. Neat!!
Old 7th November 2019, 15:14   #3809
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats for your new ride.
13kmpl seems that your driving is completely on highways. I am not managing more than 10.5kmpl(as per MID) in 60:40 highway:city condition.
Old 7th November 2019, 15:56   #3810
BHPian

All - Need some help on the "Wheel Locks" for the seltos. My dad's seltos has not arrived yet but hopefully does shortly and it will be parked outside at times.

Having been through stolen wheels earlier on my dad's swift, the wheel locks (special key lug nuts) become important.

Does the dealer or any online store have seltos specific wheel locks. Can you give me the specs/info so I can pass onto my dad. Thx for the help!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks