Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2019, 11:44   #3826
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Pardon my ignorance but I seem to be unable to find which one you opted for in previous posts.

So you drove a Punto petrol/diesel? And Seltos petrol/diesel? If both diesel, I'm a bit taken aback that the Seltos' clutch is heavier. I drove 3 diesel Puntos of various ages (1 day, 2 years & 5 years) and all of them tended to have clutches more in line with an "Ashok Leyland" badge than FIAT.
Sir, owned Punto diesel for more than seven and a half years and upgraded to Seltos diesel couple of weeks back.
Punto’s clutch has a long travel but is not hard/heavy by any means. If you found it hard like an Ashok Leyland then I can just say that definition of light/heavy for me and you are worlds apart.
Clarifying again, Seltos’ clutch is not hard, you missed the word ‘marginally’ in my above post.
S.MJet is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 14:09   #3827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Is there anybody who booked KIA Seltos GTX+ DCT in July and still waiting for delivery?

I booked mine on July 18 on KIA website. My dealer is KIA Simha, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh. I am still waiting for vehicle allotment. Even the dealer has no clue.
Yes, I think it depends on the color. GTX+ DCT had white, silver and couple of other colors dispatched. I went with the blue color and I am still waiting for the car.
Old 8th November 2019, 14:34   #3828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
4. Placement of the button on the gear stick: when downshifting to 1st, I was accidentally pressing the button on the stick which, felt like it suddenly slotted into reverse. Since I had not released the clutch, I pulled it back to neutral and then slotted it back to 1st. It was the position of holding the gear knob, which resulted in this. I didn't want to explore more on the TD vehicle but will be looking out for a workaround for this one.
I don't know which other cars have their lift-reverse button positioned in a similar way as the Seltos MT but its not the best placement for sure. I call it out to every friend/relative before they sit in my car to take it for a quick spin. You'll get a hang of it in a while but not everybody will be used to it. It may be protected from accidental engagement during forward motion but I wouldn't want to test it in my car.

I have to maneuver back and forth 4-5 times to get in and out of my tight parking space. So I have to juggle between reverse and 1st a lot. If I see the reverse camera activated when I'm not expecting, I know I've pressed the button while meaning to engage 1st. Happens rarely, but it does happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I drove 3 diesel Puntos of various ages (1 day, 2 years & 5 years) and all of them tended to have clutches more in line with an "Ashok Leyland" badge than FIAT.

Ignore the post if petrol without hesitating...I have no benchmark.
A petrol Punto's clutch gets heavier gradually. After 6-7 years, mine could have competed with an old truck's until it became unbearable. But a complete clutch overhaul brought back relief to my knees and calf muscles.

Last edited by dksv : 8th November 2019 at 14:51.
dksv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 14:51   #3829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Yes, I think it depends on the color. GTX+ DCT had white, silver and couple of other colors dispatched. I went with the blue color and I am still waiting for the car.
My colour choice was Steel Silver. Yesterday i called the dealership. They came back saying company billed them a silver colour car in my preferred variant and wanted my confirmation to go ahead with allotment. I am cancelling my booking.

Couple of days ago my cousin got delivery of her GTX+ DCT variant. Yesterday i did an exhaustive test drive. I felt everything good about the car including performance. But the size is smaller for my requirements. So i requested the dealership to cancel my booking.
Old 8th November 2019, 14:51   #3830
BHPian

I got an OTP for confirming the booking of my ride. Is that something new that KIA has started or is it there with other manufacturers as well ?
Old 8th November 2019, 15:35   #3831

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
Then we had a member from Trivandrum who said last week that his SA says the waiting period is less than 3 months.
I saw something similar back in 2015 when my father booked his Creta. I took a TD in Bangalore, but we bought it from Trivandrum. We were informed that the waiting period would be 4 months or so in Bangalore whereas it was less than 3 in Trivandrum. Reason? I don't know .

Quote:
I got an OTP for confirming the booking of my ride. Is that something new that KIA has started or is it there with other manufacturers as well ?
Even I got an OTP. The SA asked for it. This helps them track the car. When I asked them whether I can also do the same , they told it can only be done by Kia authorised personnel using their login.
Ram.tvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 16:59   #3832
BHPian

Quote:
The SA told me it would take a month for this variant however, I have requested for an allotment in January 2020. That would save a year from the registration perspective.

According to my SA the 2020 lot will be manufactured in JAN 2020 and deliveries will start from FEB 2020.
So if that is true then there is no point in taking delivery in JAN 2020 of the car manufactured in 2019. Better wait till FEB and take the fresh lot or take it in December itself. Resale value will not be any different. Have experienced while selling my previous cars.
Kpaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 19:04   #3833
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you wait till Feb/March (rumoured) for BS6?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
According to my SA the 2020 lot will be manufactured in JAN 2020 and deliveries will start from FEB 2020. So if that is true then there is no point in taking delivery in JAN 2020 of the car manufactured in 2019. Better wait till FEB and take the fresh lot or take it in December itself. Resale value will not be any different. Have experienced while selling my previous cars.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 19:51   #3834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Why don't you wait till Feb/March (rumoured) for BS6?
This is a good point. So are all these BS6 cars being delivered now going to be stamped as BS 4 by RTO? Tragic if true.
Old 8th November 2019, 20:36   #3835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
This is a good point. So are all these BS6 cars being delivered now going to be stamped as BS 4 by RTO? Tragic if true.
Is this BS6 vs BS4 discussion for Creta or Seltos? Isn't Seltos already BS6, where is this BS4 info coming.
panamera13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 20:44   #3836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Is this BS6 vs BS4 discussion for Creta or Seltos? Isn't Seltos already BS6, where is this BS4 info coming.
Seltos is but RTO may not be ready - that is the question I have. I think RTO will register it as BS4 - request some owner to confirm on what BS standard is RTO registering it as ?
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 21:13   #3837
BHPian

Quote:
Seltos is but RTO may not be ready - that is the question I have. I think RTO will register it as BS4 - request some owner to confirm on what BS standard is RTO registering it as ?
I'm yet to receive my RC card but I guess they already have it sorted.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-vaahan.png
dksv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 21:18   #3838
BHPian

Quote:
Here in Maharashtra its registered as BS-VI, should be same in other places as well.
Here is a screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-188cff2ac5f64ef6b5dbeb98f884ab43.jpeg  

S.MJet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 22:43   #3839
BHPian

Have been informed by my SA that production is not happening for IVT model. My booking was made in aug second week and my SA claims that some deliveries for bookings made in July are also pending from their side. Sad case.
Old 8th November 2019, 23:46   #3840
Distinguished - BHPian

The LED headlamps are very good. This is what I captured in my mobile camera. It does show more brightness than what it is in real.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191106_121338.jpg
Dr.Naren is online now   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks