Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2019, 19:22   #3856
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Kia Motors India Limited made an impressive debut in the domestic market with the Seltos that went on sale in August 2019. With bookings crossing more than 60,000 units and the total sales in October leading to the mid-size SUV becoming the most sold SUV in the country, this is a kind of a start only a few manufacturers could dream about.

However, for any new brand to have a credible tenure in the market, it is significant to gain the trust from the customers on the long term bringing the service, support and other criteria into perspective. But, Kia appears to be having none of that and some of the claims made by owners are nothing but extremely sore and here are the seven things we got to know from the social media:

1. Wrong Delivery Commitment:

2. Seemingly No Time For Accident Repairs

3. Shockingly Terrible Mileage (1.4 DCT)

4. Defective Car Delivered:

5. Technical Glitches:

6. Lacklustre DCT And Over Heating Issues

7. Infotainment System Hangs Often

https://gaadiwaadi.com/7-common-prob...cing-in-india/
RM Motorsports is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 21:00   #3857
Senior - BHPian

The lack of spare parts is disheartening. I don't think one should be waiting for weeks to get their car repaired from the authorized service center. Akin to my experience at their showrooms, they need to iron out these issues if they want to continue to figure at the top of the charts.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 21:33   #3858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
This is not correct. Most of the owners seem to be reporting a decent FE which is inline with their expectation.
Old 10th November 2019, 22:02   #3859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
In the initial inquiry, the SA had mentioned " with a grin" that we can upgrade the wheels and it will be covered under warranty if it is done by them..

Let me see if I can get something on paper from their side.
That would make sense. Be safe
Old 10th November 2019, 22:02   #3860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Spent time with Kia Seltos 1.4 DCT GTX +
7. 7D floor mats (Official Kia Accessory) are very good.

Attachment 1929800
What's the price of the official 7D Kia mats? I don't see it on the Kia india website.
Old 10th November 2019, 22:13   #3861
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
This is not correct. Most of the owners seem to be reporting a decent FE which is inline with their expectation.
If this is what a decent fuel efficiency figure looks like & feel satisfactory for FWD crossover (Seltos) then so called people are just jealous about Beastly Ford Endeavour 3.2( 4X4 ) with 200 PS 470NM still returning 7-8-9-10kmpl in city !
SequentialShift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 22:31   #3862
BHPian

Re: Potential Diesel engine issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
There's no issues with petrol and even diesel the higher sulphur will just choke the DPF earlier.

For petrol the difference in the fuels is very less between BS4 and BS6.
Request please explain in detail.
Your quote -"and even diesel the higher sulphur will just choke the DPF earlier" is not understood.
Old 10th November 2019, 22:58   #3863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Petrol DCT I think is returning about 7kpl (City) as per most reports - whether or not it's decent is relative to the expectation but people who want double digit mileage in city should opt for Diesel AT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SequentialShift View Post
If this is what a decent fuel efficiency figure looks like & feel satisfactory for FWD crossover (Seltos) then so called people are just jealous about Beastly Ford Endeavour 3.2( 4X4 ) with 200 PS 470NM still returning 7-8-9-10kmpl in city !
The Endy is a Diesel and the Seltos Diesel AT I am sure will return double digit mileage. We cannot compare Diesel FE with Petrol FE - Diesel will always win this battle.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 10th November 2019 at 22:59.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 23:17   #3864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SequentialShift View Post
Impression I have after reading several posts is, Seltos DCT is giving 8-9 kmpl in city driving and 13-14 kmpl on highway and you can't call it as 'shocking'. My i20 CVT gives just 6 kmpl in Bangalore traffic.
Ford Endeavour is diesel. Are you able to extract 7-10 kmpl in the city?
Old 10th November 2019, 23:20   #3865
Team-BHP Support

Re: Potential Diesel engine issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Request please explain in detail.
Your quote -"and even diesel the higher sulphur will just choke the DPF earlier" is not understood.
The BS6 thread has more details and would suggest you read that fully.

If you see the BS6 emissions vs BS4, diesel has to cut emissions by a much larger amount vs petrol. BS4 petrol was already pretty low on emissions and to go down to BS6 is not a huge change. It just involves using the lower sulphur BS6 fuel and minor tuning to the ECU and maybe some more hardware tweaks.

Even if you run a BS6 engine on BS4 there will not be any negative impact for petrol.

Incase of diesel the BS6 diesel is very low on sulphur content vs BS4. For a BS4 engine to be modified for BS6 requires a lot more changes as BS6 emissions require NOX and PM to be same as petrol. That's why cars like the COmpass trailhawk are way more expensive than the non BS6 models.

Secondly the compass Trailhawk BS6 has a DPF+NOX trap which needs Urea (adblue). If you run it on BS4 fuel the higher sulphur content will need to burn more urea to cut the emission. So till BS6 fuel is available the BS6 diesel engines will struggle to clean up the old fuel which may lead to clogged DPF and more adblue consumption.
Vid6639 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 23:21   #3866
BHPian

Hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum. Thanks to the moderators for approving my membership. I got my Seltos GTK last Sunday. Having driven a 2012 1.6L Verna petrol for the last ~8 years, Seltos seems to be a good upgrade, especially the pleasure of driving the turbo petrol, stable ride quality and comfort of rear seat passengers. The only downside seems to be the boot space - was struggling to fit in two 23 kg capacity bags earlier today in the boot without removing the rear parcel tray. Verna's actual boot space was definitely much higher. The Seltos has run around 250 kms till now, mostly in Bangalore city. Average fuel efficiency shown on the MID is 10.7 kmpl. Drove 50 km to and from the airport today, mostly on the highway when then fuel efficiency was shown to be greater than 16 kmpl. I'm not sure if this display is accurate, but if it is then I'm happy with both city and highway figures. No major niggles till now, except for the rattling of the rear parcel tray which my dealer is going to fix when I go to get the HSRP installed in a few days time. By the way, I purchased the Seltos from VST Central, Palace Cross Road, Bangalore and had a pleasant experience with the staff.
sidhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 23:44   #3867
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
What's the price of the official 7D Kia mats? I don't see it on the Kia india website.
I am not sure about the exact pricing. Dealer had offered basic accessories kit for 8.5k, Cousin got these 7D mats, boot mat and mud flaps for that amount.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 00:01   #3868
BHPian

Negative publicity of Seltos has started.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/7-common-prob...-in-india/amp/
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 00:05   #3869
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhsirk View Post
I got over # 1 by plugging in my apple car play and using the navigation from the phone. However, it would be good to have an option to turn off navigation or speed alerts.

For # 2, i do understand that this is a govt mandated rule for manufacturers. However, is there an option to reduce the volume of those beeps. it really does a good job of ensuring that one doesn't exceed 120 kmph, however, for the kind of roads that one finds in the Bengaluru-Coimbatore stretch, 120 seems like being constrained.
#1. There is an option to turn this off. Go to navigation settings and then off the speed limit option there

#2. Lower the volume in settings for all warnings. Though this will also lower the volume of parking sensors etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
The Petrol DCT I think is returning about 7kpl (City) as per most reports
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post

6. Lacklustre DCT And Over Heating Issues

7. Infotainment System Hangs Often

https://gaadiwaadi.com/7-common-prob...cing-in-india/
With three tankfuls done, I’m getting a mileage of 10 to 11 with 90% city drive in Gurgaon and Delhi. And I drive with a decently heavy right foot when I get the chance.

No issues whatsoever with the transmission heating up despite being in B2B traffic often. Nor has my system hanged even once

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th November 2019 at 17:04. Reason: back to back posts merged.
ADB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 01:02   #3870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Rs. 5,222/-. Kia calls it as Floor Mat Premium Dual Layer.

I couldn't make out any difference between these Mats and 7D. Some call it 5D Mats. If anyone can enlighten the difference between 3D, 5D & 7D, it would help other members.

3D Mats are like wide buckets and 7D are off-course Dual Layer. Apart from these, I couldn't make out any other difference.

Last edited by jaaz : 11th November 2019 at 01:04.
jaaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks