Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2019, 20:08   #3916
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

The 5 years / 1,20,000 kms extended warranty costs Rs.19102 including tax. I specifically asked for this warranty as I'm sure my Seltos won't run more than 1,20,000 kms in 5 years. After some initial hesitation, my SA agreed to provide this warranty. I have made the payment and should be getting my warranty copy/document soon. I guess this warranty option should be sufficient for most folks.
sidhegde is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 20:09   #3917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
Damn that is definitely sad to see such things happening to a brand new car.
KIA should totally respond on whats wrong. Everyday there are new videos surfacing brand new problems for the brand new car. Owners of the cars are also sharing their problems.
I don't think there is any need to panic. Such niggles, teething issues and flaws can happen with any car. A big manufacturer like Kia would iron out such niggles after analyzing information and feedback from customers.
gutsy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 20:12   #3918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
What is the source of this price quote?
This is from the official KIA website
https://www.kia.com/in/service/kia-o...-warranty.html
anzrulz555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 20:24   #3919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
You’re right. Checked my app. Everything is down. No trip history since the 6th, no remote start or stop etc. I’m surprised they haven’t been able to fix it for 5 days.

Just saw this work around on one of the Seltos FB pages. Haven't yet tried it. Will do so tomorrow morning.

John is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 20:30   #3920
BHPian

Another point I noticed is that the extended warranty that they pitch, is covered in the total price of the car. Now, if you are taking a car loan, you are indirectly taking a loan on that extended warranty as well. So if you do the math, you would end up paying more than the price mentioned for the extended warranty.
If you have cash to spare and would like to go for the extended warranty, then take the extended warranty outside the loan amount and moreover, you have a grace period of 3 months from the first month to take that in the initial amount.
Same case with Insurance amount. Usually, that is included in the loan amount and it is already on the higher side when you compare it with offers in the market. At the end of the loan period, you would have paid even more if you take it along with the car loan.
It is an individual opinion whether she/he should include the above two items in the car loan or not. Do the math and check which one is feasible.
anzrulz555 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 20:53   #3921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrust View Post
Terrible experience with Seltos 1.5 Petrol - Manual.
A quick question? Was the radiator fan working normal?
Old 12th November 2019, 21:15   #3922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsy View Post
A quick question? Was the radiator fan working normal?
I too doubt that cause the fan was off though it switched ON everytime the AC was turned on. The same concern was raised by as per technical team.it turns on automatically at a particular temp...all know that
sacrust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 21:31   #3923
BHPian

Quote:
I too doubt that cause the fan was off though it switched ON everytime the AC was turned on. The same concern was raised by as per technical team.it turns on automatically at a particular temp...all know that
Oh.. seems that the temp sensor was faulty.. Ask, Kia to disclose what did they fix.. or they forgot to plug the sensor.. were you running AC all the time?

Last edited by gutsy : 12th November 2019 at 21:33.
gutsy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 21:42   #3924
Senior - BHPian

Seltos owners - you guys experiencing anything as reported by few customers from a post on Motoroids FB page?

1) DCT transmission high temp issue
2) Lack of spares & not so great customer service?

https://www.motoroids.com/news/kia-s...ective-buyers/
gururajrv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 21:59   #3925
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Seltos owners - you guys experiencing anything as reported by few customers from a post on Motoroids FB page?

1) DCT transmission high temp issue
2) Lack of spares & not so great customer service?

https://www.motoroids.com/news/kia-s...ective-buyers/
Lack of spares is definitely an issue in the near term if not for long!
I haven't faced any issue so far but I shared my observations from two different service centers that I visited recently, in a different thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Sorry to jump in here. Let me share my observation from two different Kia service centers across cities.

I own a Seltos D MT which I bought from the Bhubaneswar dealer. The dealer has sold close to 350+ Seltos in two months and has an order backlog of 600+ units. They have exceeded their optimistic sales targets by 33%. During my delivery and post delivery interactions with their management, I found the following:
  • The dealership was running dry on official accessories due to stock out. They had placed orders and awaiting long days. The order management system showed they will receive partial order delivery after 3 days.
  • KIA is sending vehicles randomly and not as per the sequence of the orders booked by customers. Hence the ambiguity of delivery dates. KIA is also focusing on producing colors which have higher demand.
  • Three customers had clocked 10000 kms already and were waiting for the third service to be done. However the dealership is awaiting oil filters and hence, couldn't take up the service. They were very apologetic about the situation.
  • KIA is listening complaints - they released patches to take care of the boot parcel tray. They are also planning to release a circular for the AC fogging issue.

Last weekend, I got my first service done here in Hyderabad. While there, I saw 2 damaged Seltos' - one with broken tail lamp and 1 with damaged front fender/wheel arch plastic. Both were awaiting parts. Even the Hyderabad dealer didn't have more than 60% of the accessories.

It is clear that KIA hadn't anticipated the demand for their car and not able to handle the mad rush for the model. In the near term, parts availability could be a problem while KIA focuses on production and delivery. But I hope things will be smooth in the next 6 months or less.
ashis89 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 22:58   #3926
BHPian

Cousin received his GTX silver at last but from the 180KM drive I found one big issue with android auto. It can only be used with a cable but the USB port charges very slow resulting in battery drainage from my Note10. My phone started from 37% and went to 5% in an hour or so of navigation via android auto.
Old 12th November 2019, 22:58   #3927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
I think no one has posted any pictures of cabin and a review for IVT. Last I read was everyone waiting to get their hands on IVT. Kindly post some information on the IVT transmission. How is it treating you? Also post your views after the highway run. Did you find it difficult to overtake on the highways? Also did you shift to trip tonic for a faster response from the engine?
Cheers!
I am very very happy with IVT and 1.5 petrol. Trust me it is much better then it looks on paper. This is not a dct with 1.4 turbo but it is more than adequate in most situations. Going faster than it is risky and you wont be able to do that safely our roads most of the times.

I have driven it in the city, on highway and hills. It has not let me down and is beyond my own expectations.

I tried using it on triptronic mode on highway, uphill downhill etc. It is good when u dont want to upshift or want more control or want engine braking during downhill (instead of braking). But found D mode to be sufficient or better (Except downhill on steep decline and when there is no traffic to avoid wearing out discs).

Trust me D mode is all u need. There is no need for sports mode even (which is not there and now i know why) as all that can be achieved by mere your foot work. I was able to time automatic upshifts at wide range of top rpm by controling accelerator input. Once you know how it reacts to throttle you can achieve more than triptronic mode as it has 8 gears & it is a task to upshift downshift to proper gear manually when your speed varies frequently. Shifts in triptronic mode is instantaneous.

The combination of this engine and gear box is very fuel efficient. On Highway it gives 16+ kmpl. With mix of city and highway with full load and bad traffic it gave 14+ as per MID. I got 10+ kmpl during drive to mussoorie from dehradun and back with full load and traffic.

Below are some pics of interior, exterior and MID readings.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191108_075253.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191109_173255.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191109_173234.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191109_173424.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191110_224509.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191109_173341.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191110_224445.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191109_173322.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191109_173225.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191109_203951.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191109_163848.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191109_173131.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191110_224622.jpg
guessme is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 23:37   #3928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guessme View Post
I am very very happy with IVT and 1.5 petrol. Trust me it is much better then it looks on paper.
Congratulations on your ride and thank you for your impressions on the IVT.
Good to know, since I've booked one a few days back. Could you shed light if it comes with disc brakes on all 4 wheels? Or are the rear drums?
Old 12th November 2019, 23:51   #3929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnaspectre View Post
Congratulations on your ride and thank you for your impressions on the IVT.
Good to know, since I've booked one a few days back. Could you shed light if it comes with disc brakes on all 4 wheels? Or are the rear drums?
It comes with all disc brakes. Seltos brakes are very effective. Really good.
guessme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 00:34   #3930
BHPian

Quote:
Terrible experience with Seltos 1.5 Petrol - Manual.

Nothing concrete was given as the root cause for the issue though the technical team (thanks for their support) will scan the car this week in Delhi/Noida to get more details
I have a feeling that the service centre would have fixed the issue and did not disclose. I hope the car will keep up to the expectations and will not give any troubles.

Please do post the updates that you get from scan.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th November 2019 at 14:50. Reason: edited
Swajith is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks