Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2019, 01:58   #3931
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Saw some article by some FB page about long list of issues face by Seltos owners, guess what, first comment was about praising about Tata Harrier and few replies that agree with him(we all know what happened with that car). Interesting part was his profile had almost no trace of Harrier or anything automobile related.

Not saying he doesn't have a chance to own one, but few recent articles seems to be extremely biased, hence my doubts regarding such non-sense being spread.

@owners: how bad are the issues?

Last edited by giri1.8 : 13th November 2019 at 02:00.
giri1.8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 05:57   #3932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsy View Post
Oh.. seems that the temp sensor was faulty.. Ask, Kia to disclose what did they fix.. or they forgot to plug the sensor.. were you running AC all the time?
It's was very cold outside so AC was not turned on
Old 13th November 2019, 05:57   #3933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Cousin received his GTX silver at last but from the 180KM drive I found one big issue with android auto. It can only be used with a cable but the USB port charges very slow resulting in battery drainage from my Note10. My phone started from 37% and went to 5% in an hour or so of navigation via android auto.
I’ve been using a One Plus 7t for Android Auto (Google maps and Spotify running together) in my Seltos and the phone charges with out an issue.
John is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 06:09   #3934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrust View Post
Terrible experience with Seltos 1.5 Petrol - Manual.

Nothing concrete was given as the root cause for the issue though the technical team (thanks for their support) will scan the car this week in Delhi/Noida to get more details
That is plain junk they're trying to tell you. It could be more of a mechanical failure rather than something that got ok after removing error codes. One reason why the owner must stay with car when the service center tries to fix it. If it was a thermostat issue and they've replaced it, there is no way you'll find it as I feel they wouldn't have added it to car's service data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
It can only be used with a cable but the USB port charges very slow resulting in battery drainage from my Note10. My phone started from 37% and went to 5% in an hour or so of navigation via android auto.
That's pretty surprising regarding battery drain. In my Brezza, the phone gets charged at nominal rate, not dash charged. When I remove it after a drive, it is always more than what I had when the drive started. I use a One Plus 6T. See the below quoted post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I’ve been using a One Plus 7t for Android Auto (Google maps and Spotify running together) in my Seltos and the phone charges with out an issue.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 06:40   #3935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Hello Seltos owners, I am not sure but if you know that UVO connection has not been working since 6th November. I checked with the dealer and he confirmed that the connection has been down due to some network issue.
I dont think its going to get any better in the near future. Vodafone's India operations is heading towards liquidation according to their global CEO.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/72030974.cms
Old 13th November 2019, 07:23   #3936
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Just saw this work around on one of the Seltos FB pages. Haven't yet tried it. Will do so tomorrow morning.

https://Youtu.be/OCXe2AVsGTM
I tried it right now. Everything is back to normal.

Except sending driving directions from phone to head unit. That hasn’t worked after the first week. If anyone knows a solution, please let me know.

Though unlike what the video says, all my settings and saved Bluetooth connections did get reset. The trade off is worth it.

Last edited by ADB : 13th November 2019 at 07:30.
ADB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 09:01   #3937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
I tried it right now. Everything is back to normal.
Though unlike what the video says, all my settings and saved Bluetooth connections did get reset. The trade off is worth it.
So it is again nothing to do with Vodafone, but KIA only. And most of the dealers can't explain the normal functions on the UVO, let alone all this. I wonder what is KIA doing and why haven't they managed to fix it all this while.

I am sure this is not good publicity!

Well, will try it tomorrow.
Old 13th November 2019, 09:04   #3938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrust View Post
Terrible experience with Seltos 1.5 Petrol - Manual.

This looks like a classic case of air being sucked into the cooling system. It could be a faulty pipe or a crack to the coolant can. Definitely not a software issue.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 09:51   #3939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
So it is again nothing to do with Vodafone, but KIA only. And most of the dealers can't explain the normal functions on the UVO, let alone all this. I wonder what is KIA doing and why haven't they managed to fix it all this while.

I am sure this is not good publicity!

Well, will try it tomorrow.
Maybe the issues with Vodaphone not allowing the system to do it autonomously?

Btw, just tried it on my HTX+ and was not finding the factory reset tab in the Dealer mode, in spite of two attempts, so had to give up. Have you tried it?

Last edited by John : 13th November 2019 at 09:54.
Old 13th November 2019, 09:57   #3940
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe the issues with Vodaphone not allowing the system to do it autonomously?

Btw, just tried it on my HTX+ and was not finding the factory reset tab in the Dealer mode, in spite of two attempts, so had to give up. Have you tried it?
Since the unit is the same, it should work. Just check if you followed the sequence correctly. If you don’t get the volume right, the option for factory reset doesn’t show up.
Old 13th November 2019, 11:37   #3941

Quote:
Originally Posted by SequentialShift View Post
About the DCT (DSG) it is meant to fail at some point, it may be 5 months or 5 years manufacturer can't guarantee a thing! The thing they can do & should do is a goodwill warranty if it is within thier terms like the Volkswagen group.

know this Mechatronics unit,Dual Clutch replacement ain't cheap! An unfortunate mishap & kaboom DCT is hit & insurance policy addon is missing Engine cover. The owner is going to be screwed up for 6digit figure.

Do check the DSG related thread here on Teambhp also all around the world even Lamborghini ones!��

So all of this gets down to one single thing, are we getting a family car for FUN part ya "PEACE OF MIND". ��

For PEACE OF MIND get the GTX+ Diesel Automatic (Torque Converter)

[Christian von Koenigsegg the greatest of mind in automotive industry ditched the DCT & made his own Torque converter for his hyper cars]

Good Luck!
Well different manufacturers, different work processes. Now days automatics are like a boon in traffic but what kinda automatic is best suited to your needs ain't the concern for neither the manufacturers nor the customers/reviewers. Marketing the vehicle with catchy lines 7speed DCT tip tronic etc etc, do we at all need an advanced automatic for city driving needs. Off The topic read somewhere Kia Seltos owners getting engine light in there diesel variants with service people saying due to BS4 diesel in BS6 Seltos, I mean what, Kia saying already tested in BS4 diesel need not worry. Time will only tell what's in store for the first mass produced seltos batches since it's official launch. I feel we should wait for at least a year to get the exact position of the new brand entrant and then go for it's products. What say I am due to take delivery of mine in mid December? Should I go for it or wait????

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th November 2019 at 14:53. Reason: video link removed from the quote box
Old 13th November 2019, 11:57   #3942

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhegde View Post
I haven't explored the option of fitting a carrier. I was able to fit in the two 23 kg bags after removing the rear parcel tray.
Hi,

Thanks for the information. Could you help me in knowing how do I purchase insurance outside. TIA.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th November 2019 at 12:10.
Old 13th November 2019, 12:25   #3943

Quote:
Originally Posted by SequentialShift View Post
About the DCT (DSG) it is meant to fail at some point, it may be 5 months or 5 years manufacturer can't guarantee a thing! The thing they can do & should do is a goodwill warranty if it is within thier terms like the Volkswagen group.
Quote:
Spoke to KIA call centre exec. this morning. It appears Vodaphone is clueless and still struggling. They have no idea when the system will be back and running.

If Vodaphone backs out and KIA have to choose another service provider I'm guessing the vehicles will have to be recalled for replacement of the e-sim.
Vodafone HQ has clearly mentioned in today's new papers, that they won't be investing any further and may as well exit from India due to huge govt taxes and other reasons. Since Voda Idea merger, various issues relating to services are on the rise. Guess Kia will have a hard time on this one.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th November 2019 at 14:53. Reason: Trimmed quote content/removed video link.
mayank_ferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 12:29   #3944
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank_ferrari View Post
Well different manufacturers, different work processes. Now days automatics are like a boon in traffic but what kinda automatic is best suited to your needs ain't the concern for neither the manufacturers nor the customers/reviewers. Marketing the vehicle with catchy lines 7speed DCT tip tronic etc etc, do we at all need an advanced automatic for city driving needs. Off The topic read somewhere Kia Seltos owners getting engine light in there diesel variants with service people saying due to BS4 diesel in BS6 Seltos, I mean what, Kia saying already tested in BS4 diesel need not worry. Time will only tell what's in store for the first mass produced seltos batches since it's official launch. I feel we should wait for at least a year to get the exact position of the new brand entrant and then go for it's products. What say I am due to take delivery of mine in mid December? Should I go for it or wait????
I am booking SELTOS GTX+ Diesel (TC-Auto ) in January 2020. Waiting period in my city Kolhapur is 4-5months.
By that time BS6 norms will be in effect in April 2020 so is the availability of BS6 Diesel Fuel!

Issues about BS4 Fuel in BS6 equipped engine is obvious.

The difference between BS-IV and BS-VI fuel is the significant reduction of Sulphur, which comes down to 10ppm in BS-VI fuel as compared to 50 ppm in BS-IV fuel & this 40ppm of more sulphur content along with all other stuff are sure going to do some harm in advanced BS6 Exhaust treatment system conataining dozens of sensors,calibration values.
so are the Fault codes popping up!

If you are getting a petrol Seltos no worries,no harm to car as BS4 petrol fuel - BS6 petrol fuel are nearly same.

If getting a diesel Seltos. You can run on BS4 diesel fuel but codes can pop up!

Diesel also produce more carbon-soot if not
driven in powerband. Happens most of time with Manual transmission & vary from driver to driver.

Automatic transmission is calibrated & well its computer doing its thing maintaining powerband,appropriate gear selection.
So Less things to go wrong.

Hope this helps.✌
SequentialShift is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 12:34   #3945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulraa View Post
Thanks for the information. Could you help me in knowing how do I purchase insurance outside. TIA.
I got some quotes from PolicyBazaar and from a local insurance agent. VIN and engine number are required to purchase insurance from outside. My SA and dealer did not have any problem with me purchasing insurance from outside and shared the required details. Please note that cashless facility is not available with most insurance companies if the insurance is purchased outside. As informed by my SA, Kia has tied up with only 6 insurance companies for cashless claims. I chose Tata AIG as their quote was the lowest.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks