Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2019, 20:35   #3961
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
Hi everyone, my Seltos has been showing 0 on the AQI index on the infotainment system and the rear AQI display. I don't think that is normal, considering the abysmal atmosphere. Got it checked by Kia technicians, who had no clue about what was wrong.
Hi BZ25,

Really a dumb problem-solving approach I'm suggesting. Is your air purifier turned ON? May be it displays AQI as 0 when the air purifier is off? If your air purifier is ON and you're still seeing 0 as the reading, you might want to take it to a Kia service centre.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 13th November 2019, 21:04   #3962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
On the boot space, it is around 320L only (as measured by me and also shared in the boot space measurements thread). Many manufacturers are over quoting the boot space info and actually deceiving customers!
One surprising thing I found that the venue's boot space is actually bigger than Seltos and even the Creta's and actually is close to the reported figure of 350L. Even among its models Hyundai is not following consistent boot space measurements?
The Seltos will have issues in fitting in luggage for a long weekend trip and if you have small kids, it will not be practical. Why can't car designers take a cue from cars like the Triber and do better space management!
From CarGuide Australia: ”Let’s start at the back - the boot capacity is claimed at 433 litres for models with a full size spare wheel, where the entry-level version has an even bigger boot - 498 litres! - because the floor sits lower due to its space-saver spare. That’s phenomenal room, considering the size of the car - though what’s not so good is that the two lower grade models don’t get a cargo cover/parcel shelf (also known as a tonneau/cargo blind).”
John is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 21:33   #3963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I think rather than quoting lesser price for BS4 like MG Hector, Kia is offering BS6 in BS4 prices. Their 'discount' can only be seen once other diesel cars start quoting their BS6 prices. I believe XUV300 will be in for a shock, because it is quoting at the highest end of the sub 4m spectrum, and post BS6 its prices will easily cross into next segment. At the same time, Kia will have ample room to increase prices and yet to stay below the market because other manufacturers may show suddenly high prices.
I still strongly believe upgrading costs of BS4 to BS6 will not be more than 30-40k including profit and r&d costs for the manufacturers. A clear picture can be seen when say Ford/Mahindra launch their 1.5L BS6 diesel mill. Seltos gets tax benefits but BS6 is pushing to cost to Creta territory. I am sure when new gen Creta launches it will undercut the Seltos.
Old 14th November 2019, 08:28   #3964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
Hi BZ25,

Really a dumb problem-solving approach I'm suggesting. Is your air purifier turned ON? May be it displays AQI as 0 when the air purifier is off? If your air purifier is ON and you're still seeing 0 as the reading, you might want to take it to a Kia service centre.
Hi sir, thank you for your suggestion. No advice is dumb. The air purifier is always on, but even with this toxic atmosphere it is showing 0 on both displays.
Old 14th November 2019, 10:05   #3965

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank_ferrari View Post
Even I am waiting for official review of Seltos, as what a few days back MG Hector official review was done by T bhp but for sure a product review is incomplete if no review of after sales service, spare parts availability etc is done. After all you are not only buying a product, you are buying a brand and that brand has to live upto it's expectations. I booked mine GTX+ dct top end on Aug 22 and expected delivery is mid December. If by any chance TBHP can give an official review of Seltos by then, I would be most thankful.
You have zeroed down on your choice before review. What do you expect the review to guide you. You can have nice ownership experience based on the observations in the review IMO
Old 14th November 2019, 10:40   #3966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrust View Post
\

Nothing concrete was given as the root cause for the issue though the technical team (thanks for their support) will scan the car this week in Delhi/Noida to get more details
Looks like blown head gasket. But if they fixed with just a software update, that is definitely bad ass design. And asking customer to check coolant every 100 kms is even reassuring.
kutlee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 10:57   #3967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Looks like blown head gasket. But if they fixed with just a software update, that is definitely bad ass design. And asking customer to check coolant every 100 kms is even reassuring.
As we know, the Kia Seltos is Badass by Design.Ok, jokes apart, it looks like they messed something up during the recent service and are now trying to cover it up by saying it was a software issue. I fail to understand how software could cause something like this. This is not good news for Kia motors and they need to address this ASAP.
Old 14th November 2019, 11:29   #3968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I still strongly believe upgrading costs of BS4 to BS6 will not be more than 30-40k including profit and r&d costs for the manufacturers. A clear picture can be seen when say Ford/Mahindra launch their 1.5L BS6 diesel mill. Seltos gets tax benefits but BS6 is pushing to cost to Creta territory. I am sure when new gen Creta launches it will undercut the Seltos.
I can only speculate about the costs. This upgrade mainly involves the addition of a DPF, which will require a slight rearrangement in the engine bay and an ECU remap (with a change in injectors usually) to accommodate it. The DPF is the most expensive component in the setup (40-60k for small cars, 1L+ for large diesels) and mainly what can cause problems when you use BS4 fuel in a BS6 car. Imagine the shock when you have to replace it prematurely because of poor fuel! Explains why most manufacturers are shying away from launching BS6 diesels prematurely. Let's hope the necessary precautions have been taken by Kia here.

Larger diesel vehicles (let's say 2L and up) however will require the more expensive and complex SCR systems in addition to the DPF and injectors. This involves the addition of a urea injector, pump, an additional urea tank and sometimes, a dedicated ECU. This will also include modifications to the frame/body, the exhaust pipe and more sensors at multiple stages to check for O2 and NOx levels. Also, most of the above listed items are precision components and have to imported. I anticipate an increase in prices by at least 1.5-3L.
saur95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 13:08   #3969
BHPian

Got my GTX+ DCT Pearl White delivered on Sunday (booked on day 1).

Family is loving the car and the features (I upgraded from a Logan, last 3 years without a car).

In city mileage on MID topped at 10-11 so I'm expecting a real mileage of 7-8 (in Bangalore, including Mahadevapura-Kadubeesanahalli ORR stretch). Sharp departure from my diesel days but have to retune the mentality I guess.

Engine + gearbox is impressive so far, effortless overtaking, hardly any noise. My Merc and Audi owning friends were impressed how many features lower segment cars pack these days.

More Pics and observations to come.

Thanks everyone for their input in this purchase.
Logan2007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 13:17   #3970

Unfortunately Bluetooth cannot handle android auto bandwidth needs. Atleast with current tech.

Do you know if there is a built-in Wi-Fi chip on board? This could allow future software updates to enable wireless connectivity for android auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I’ve been using a One Plus 7t for Android Auto (Google maps and Spotify running together) in my Seltos and the phone charges with out an issue.
Old 14th November 2019, 13:25   #3971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
I also found out that there are two types of extended warranties being offered. One for Unlimited Kms and another one for 1,20,000 kms ( cheaper one). These options are not pitched by the sales guys at the showroom. I am not sure if this was already shared. If yes, then apologies for the repeat.
Thanks for sharing this I was really unaware of any such options available under extended warranty and no such info was provided by my SA as well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
Got my GTX+ DCT Pearl White delivered on Sunday (booked on day 1).
Congrats Also, did you get the insurance from outside or went with the ones offered by dealers..
therider is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 14:13   #3972
BHPian

Guys kindly shed some light on which is the best insurance with 0% dep plan? My dealer is offering @ Rs.57551/- with Key Cover etc. Following up with him since 3-4 days still haven't received exact details of what is covered and what is not. He does not even know the insurance company who is offering the above quote. Maybe they are too busy or too laid back!

Guys as i am buying insurance for the very first time (Dad used to handle the finances and insurances for our previous cars) please let me know how does the insurance company calculate the IDV? Was having a look at policy bazaar and coverfox, IDV for HTX 1.5 IVT was Rs.11,79,045/- where as the ex showrooms price is Rs. 13,79,000/-.

Quote on policy bazaar including 0% dep was just Rs.25,307/- (Which includes 24x7 Roadside Assistance, Key & Lock Replacement, Loss of personal belongings & Hotel & travel expenses) Insurance comapny is TATA AIG with 11 cashless garages.

Kindly advise as there is difference of 32K between policy bazaar & dealers quote which cannot be ignored.
Old 14th November 2019, 14:33   #3973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
Kindly advise as there is difference of 32K between policy bazaar & dealers quote which cannot be ignored.
I purchased Tata AIG insurance from outside (using an agent) for my Seltos GTK. The Kia dealer's quote was 52k, while I got the 1 year zero depreciation plus 3 years TPA plan for 32k from the agent. PolicyBazaar was giving a similar quote for my GTK. May be the quote you have got from them does not include tax. For my GTK whose ex-showroom price is 13.49L, the IDV is 13L. My agent had mentioned that generally 95% of the ex-showroom price is considered but he was flexible and was ready to keep the IDV as 13.49L too if I insisted.
Old 14th November 2019, 14:44   #3974

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh_001 View Post
You have zeroed down on your choice before review. What do you expect the review to guide you. You can have nice ownership experience based on the observations in the review IMO
I can still cancel my booking after the review. Moresoever TBHP reviews are not less then close to accurate. Interest loss on 25k booking is bearable rather then giving 20 lac and getting issues every now and then.
mayank_ferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 14:55   #3975
BHPian

Also waiting for review from our Team-BHP to either go ahead and cancel my booking.

Got a call from dealer to allot a car to me but it seemed more like a call out of necessity than anything else because the minute I told them I needed two days time to take a longer test drive and decide, they allocated it to someone else.
RajeevSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed