Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2019, 17:13   #4006
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

There's a small rumbling sound in my GTK which I had earlier thought to be due to the rear parcel tray. Couple of days back, I had visited the dealer to get my HSRP fixed and also got the quick fix done for the parcel tray which others had mentioned in this thread earlier. Inspite of this, there is some rattling sound, especially over uneven roads and it seems to be coming from the panel where the left rear seat belt is attached to the side wall. Anyone else facing such issues with your Seltos, especially mild rattles/rumbles in the cabin? My dealer has said he'll get it checked during the first service which is 2 weeks away, hope the issue can be found and fixed easily.
Old 15th November 2019, 20:21   #4007
BHPian

Finally my dad got the delivery of his GTX+ DCT after some wait and nonsense by the dealership (who kept asking for money first before the delivery). Anyway, that's behind us and now the car is here.

We got just 4 accessories:
7D Mats
Boor mat
Mud Flaps
Bumper Protector.

The question I have now is where to do the protective detailing in NCR/Chandigarh. We're in haryana so we have to drive either way.

1.) Which specific coating/brand should we go for?
2.) How much does it cost?
panamera13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 20:25   #4008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Mud Flaps
Congrats on you new car!

Could you please let me know if there is an upgrade for the mud flap available as an accessory with the dealer, as GTX Plus comes with mud flaps pre-installed?

Last edited by aah78 : 16th November 2019 at 00:29. Reason: Quote trimmed. Grammar.
Old 15th November 2019, 21:04   #4009
BHPian

Re: Potential Diesel engine issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The BS6 thread has more details and would suggest you read that fully...
Dear Mod,
I am fairly aware of the tech of DPF and its associated problems.
These problems may not necessarily be traced back to just the issue of high sulphur in the diesel.
Even if the sulphur content meets the specification, the driving cycle may determine whether the DPF is likely to get clogged or not. Urban driving cycles are most likely to result in clogged filters. Furthermore, some engines are more likely to get clogged that others. Design deficiencies also play a role.

My post was also a gentle reminder for the need of the moderator to ensure 'propah' English:
-"and even diesel the higher sulphur will just choke the DPF earlier"
Rigid Rotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 21:17   #4010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Finally my dad got the delivery of his GTX+ DCT after some wait and nonsense by the dealership (who kept asking for money first before the delivery). Anyway, that's behind us and now the car is here.
We got just 4 accessories:
7D Mats
Boor mat
Mud Flaps
Bumper Protector.
Congratulations on your new car.

My GTX+ DCT came with Mud Flaps from the factory.

Why had you have to buy Mud Flaps for your GTX+ DCT ?
Old 15th November 2019, 21:35   #4011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Congratulations on your new car.

My GTX+ DCT came with Mud Flaps from the factory.

Why had you have to buy Mud Flaps for your GTX+ DCT ?
Just spoke to my dad, he did tell me the car came with mud flaps so you're correct. Not sure why it's on the accessory list on Kia website.

I looked up the accessories list and mud flaps were an item so I told him to get those. The bumper protector seems useless, it's just a plastic strip but since I told him he got it anyway

He also got a car cover. Around 19.5 Lakhs on road in haryana. Now need to spend a little bit on ceramic coating etc.

Absolutely NO discount by the dealer.

Name:  IMG_0916.PNG
Views: 3702
Size:  16.5 KB

Last edited by panamera13 : 15th November 2019 at 21:37.
panamera13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 22:09   #4012
BHPian

Got my Seltos GTX+ DCT ceramic coated at Ceramic Pro Rajajinagar Bangalore. Attaching few pics.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191115_183649.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191115_183423.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191115_183523.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191115_184202.jpg
springisking is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 22:41   #4013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswinpattath View Post
Congrats on you new car!
Yes the car comes with mud flaps; Karan also clarified it. Not sure why it's an accessory listed on Kia website.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th November 2019 at 00:30. Reason: Quote trimmed. Grammar.
Old 15th November 2019, 23:04   #4014
BHPian

Got a call from KIA that GTX+7DCT is finally here. But there was and is a lot of hiccups created by the dealer. First, i got a call on 8th Nov stating the car would arrive in 4 days. And i made the bank do the transfer the same eve. When i inquired about the delivery on 11th, the Incheon executive (he has been so vague and unprofessional all the 3 months of waiting) said it just got dispatched so would take another 7 days or more. On 12th they call and requested to make the full payment else will allocate the car to someone else. Hearing that i gave them a piece of my mind, and they kept quiet. On 14th they come back saying the bank transfer is not credited yet. And that too after 7 days the payment and DP was issued to them. Finally, on 15th they call and tell me the vehicle had arrived on the 8th and since this was for another customer and got cancelled they have allocated it to me. Was really puzzled, as i kept enquiring every day and they kept quiet when it comes to that question. I don't understand why they kept hiding this all these days. I have heard they manipulate bookings based on influence etc. And when i enquired if the full payment is made on 16th how many days will it take to deliver. And they state it takes 5 days for temporary registration as it is done through central govt site and not with Kerala MVD. Is this true or are they again playing games? I had also booked for Intense Red but getting Silver now. Hope that has got the look. One thing that worries me after seeing lots of Seltos on road is the lack of road presence and is very puny from the behind.
Old 16th November 2019, 00:01   #4015

Quote:
Yes, the car comes with mud flaps; Karan also clarified it. Not sure why it's an accessory listed on Kia website.
It does not come in lower or lowest versions. Hence, it is there.
Old 16th November 2019, 00:15   #4016

Quote:
Yes, the car comes with mud flaps; Karan also clarified it. Not sure why it's an accessory listed on Kia website.
It is an accessory for those models which do not have it pre-installed, hence it shows up on the Kia web page. 😆
Old 16th November 2019, 00:17   #4017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhegde View Post
There's a small rumbling sound in my GTK which I had earlier thought to be due to the rear parcel tray. Couple of days back, I had visited the dealer to get my HSRP fixed and also got the quick fix done for the parcel tray which others had mentioned in this thread earlier. Inspite of this, there is some rattling sound, especially over uneven roads and it seems to be coming from the panel where the left rear seat belt is attached to the side wall. Anyone else facing such issues with your Seltos, especially mild rattles/rumbles in the cabin? My dealer has said he'll get it checked during the first service which is 2 weeks away, hope the issue can be found and fixed easily.
This was a recurring issue in my Creta and the ASC fixed a 3M double tape to act as a cushion to avoid the sound. The sound almost vanished for a few months and resurfaced again. After a bit of research on amazon for sound deadening found this stuff to be great. It's more softer and helps avoid the sound from the parcel tray. Just install it under the parcel tray on the plastic trim and check if the sound resurfaces.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by aah78 : 16th November 2019 at 00:31. Reason: Spacing, typos.
silverblaze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 05:49   #4018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjv777 View Post
I had also booked for Intense Red but getting Silver now. Hope that has got the look.
Why should you take a color that you don't prefer. If you prefer Red, insist for that only. No way you should be compromising, else you would be regretting till the ownership of your car. Settle for Silver, only if you like or prefer. IMHO

Quote:
One thing that worries me after seeing lots of Seltos on road is the lack of road presence and is very puny from the behind.
Indeed, Seltos has road presence similar to that of Creta. Please don't expect Seltos to have road presence similar to that of Endy or Fortuner or even Scorpio for that matter.

Between the two, Seltos's design and exterior looks more refreshing and appealing
gutsy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 06:56   #4019
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
. One thing that worries me after seeing lots of Seltos on road is the lack of road presence and is very puny from the behind.
Was just the thought in my mind yesterday as I was following and also riding alongside a Seltos for some time. Definitely not a car you buy for road presense. Will turn heads now as it is new, once the roads are flooded with them as indicated by the sales numbers, it will become pretty much indistinguishable.

On the other had as I was observing what I could see of the interiors, seemed a very nice place to be in. Also noticed the 360 cam was on and the other half of the screen had maps running. All looked very useful and practical.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 07:49   #4020
BHPian

Quote:
I have heard they manipulate bookings based on influence etc.

There is definitely some sort of booking manipulation going on at the dealers.

I have received several calls asking for my booking experience since I took delivery of my Silver HTK 1.5 months ago. It seemed business as usual until I realized the calls/SMSes I'm receiving might be for other bookings!

This is one such SMS asking for feedback.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-imarkup_20191116_064133.jpg

Its for a dual-tone HTX which seems to be booked against my name.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-imarkup_20191116_064645.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-imarkup_20191116_070308.jpg

I gess in a few days its details will disappear from my account similar to row 2.
Either these bookings are parked temporarily or being played around I don't know. But it surely is fishy. Somebody might be getting denied of their rightful allocation while a preferred customer getting served.

Last edited by dksv : 16th November 2019 at 08:01.
dksv is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks