Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2019, 12:53   #4216
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasoned_rubber View Post
Yes, they can be separated out and washed. I shared the crude picture with you having dirts to have a good idea how it works.
Personally for me any mat will work as long as it covers the dead pedal. Cause thats the thing used in automatic to rest your foot. I have seen photos where few mats are not covering them like the patterned mats.
Old 27th November 2019, 14:01   #4217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Personally for me any mat will work as long as it covers the dead pedal. Cause thats the thing used in automatic to rest your foot. I have seen photos where few mats are not covering them like the patterned mats.

You can also use it in manual cars too and is indeed very helpful to give some rest to the left foot, especially on the highways. I am very much used to the dead pedal in my manual Verna. It is something i would consider to be in every new car I buy in the future.
Old 27th November 2019, 14:34   #4218
BHPian

got to see this letter on social media regarding the price hike. I cannot verify the legitimacy of this letter.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-price-hike-letter.jpg  

anzrulz555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 14:40   #4219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
got to see this letter on social media regarding the price hike. I cannot verify the legitimacy of this letter.
Might be true. This "Introductory pricing" term is common in India. Even if you book early, it doesn't matter. They will bill the new price at delivery. Happened to me with the Ecosport and for the Creta I was saved by one day.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 14:49   #4220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looks sensible even if true IMO. The notice is being given more than a month in advance.

Considering the current typical waiting times, by December end, most customers with early bookings probably will get deliveries & won't have a big issue with pricing. Those waiting from now, can probably be given a proper idea by dealers well in advance rather than a surprise at the time of allotting a car for delivery.

If true - I'll say KIA is handling the price increase far better than what MG did.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 14:55   #4221
BHPian

Quote:
I dont know if the letter is legit or no, but the news of price hike is true. Spoke to my SA about it also forwarded him the letter. He was affirmative about the same. He also said the only customers who have pre booked in August or earlier and have still not received the vehicle will get an exemption. But for them too their aim is to deliver the vehicle by this year any how.
Old 27th November 2019, 15:09   #4222
BHPian

Convinced my friend to get GTX+ petrol instead of diesel which he booked today (red color). He was worried about DCT issues and wanted to avoid it but i told him its not a issue with his less than 500km running per month. In the end advised him to take back to back TDs which he did and easily picked petrol over the diesel.
Old 27th November 2019, 17:27   #4223
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
I dont know if the letter is legit or no, but the news of price hike is true. Spoke to my SA about it also forwarded him the letter. He was affirmative about the same. He also said the only customers who have pre booked in August or earlier and have still not received the vehicle will get an exemption. But for them too their aim is to deliver the vehicle by this year any how.
The letter is Legit!

I happen to know 2 owners of 3 Kia showrooms in Delhi, and they confirmed the price hike will be between 30k-50k on various models. All deliveries post 31st Dec even if the car is December make will be sold on the new pricing.

The billing to Kia has already crossed 45k Seltos, and the plant is working at full capacity. The despatch is likely to continue till the beginning of the last week of December. Dealers have been advised to get their act together and avoid customer complaints and strictly work through FIFO.

Kia had only estimated to bill around 30-35k cars till December, but seems like they are well beyond their target. It would be interesting to see how it still fairs post the price hike. Although, I have a feeling that there would be no dent as most cars will see price increase across segments and then there would be the BS6 increment as well (which will not hit Seltos).
AGwagon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 17:44   #4224
BHPian

Guys within 3 days of getting the car, the drivers seat is already looking a little soiled. The ivory faux leather upholstery is definitely not meant for indian conditions. Kia should have chosen a darker shade. My car is 99% chauffeur driven so it gets even worse. Any suggestions on what I can put on the driver seat to avoid it getting dirty. I definitely don't want to put seat covers all around. Beats the whole purpose of having leather upholstery.
manishk123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 18:09   #4225
BHPian

Hi,

My HTK+ would be arriving next week. I made a call to dealer to confirm the same. He told me that the downpayment needs to be paid before car arrives. I had no issues with that so I told him that I would deposit the amount by 1 dec. But I asked him what, in case the received piece is damaged during transit (Earlier they told me that they received a car that was allotted to me but was damaged one). He said it does not happen usually, when reminded him of that incident he said in case damaged car is received dealer will refund whole amount.

Then he told me that extended warranty is mandatory and am supposed to buy that. I had no issues with same but I still asked him if its mandatory from KIA, he did not reply. I told him I wanted 2 yrs and 1.2 lakh km warranty not the unlimited. He then checked the price list and confirmed the price 16000+ gst).

I am really not happy with the way they are making us buy the insurance, the extended warranty, etc. How is the experience of other guys from punjab, especially Jalandhar.
Old 27th November 2019, 18:42   #4226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkg2423 View Post
Hi,

He said it does not happen usually, when reminded him of that incident he said in case damaged car is received dealer will refund whole amount.
You should do a Pre-Delivery inspection prior to the registration process(before vehicle is registered in your name). Ask Dealer to call you once your vehicle is received by Dealer in stockyard.

Quote:
Then he told me that extended warranty is mandatory and am supposed to buy that. I had no issues with same but I still asked him if its mandatory from KIA, he did not reply. I told him I wanted 2 yrs and 1.2 lakh km warranty not the unlimited. He then checked the price list and confirmed the price 16000+ gst).
Dealer cannot force you to buy Insurance or extended warranty. Opt as per your preference. In case you buy Insurance from outside, you will need to share the Insurance copy with them during registration.
nitinhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 18:50   #4227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
You should do a Pre-Delivery inspection prior to the registration process(before vehicle is registered in your name). Ask Dealer to call you once your vehicle is received by Dealer in stockyard.
yes I asked him for PDI. He said no one ever asked for that. But I insisted and he accepted and told me that he would leave instructions for his staff "No PDI in buyer's absence".

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
Dealer cannot force you to buy Insurance or extended warranty. Opt as per your preference. In case you buy Insurance from outside, you will need to share the Insurance copy with them during registration.
True. But the way he asked me to buy the EW, it was like, "You take it or forget the car". I already had EW in my list of must buy so it was not an issue for me.
Old 27th November 2019, 18:58   #4228
BHPian

Quote:
yes I asked him for PDI. He said no one ever asked for that. But I insisted and he accepted and told me that he would leave instructions for his staff "No PDI in buyer's absence".
This is not the same as an Individual doing the car inspection himself. KIA has their own PDI checklist prior to delivery and this is done by the service centre folks. They usually do this before vehicle delivery(maybe even after registration which is risky).

Quote:
True. But the way he asked me to buy the EW, it was like, "You take it or forget the car". I already had EW in my list of must buy so it was not an issue for me.
I have been a victim of buying unlimited warranty(4k costlier) without knowing that there are two options available(of 1.2 lakh kms also which is more than enough).
nitinhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 19:03   #4229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

If true - I'll say KIA is handling the price increase far better than what MG did.
MG protected all the bookings from price increase, while Kia is saying there will be no protection. Only the people who per booked the car before launch may be protected but in 4 months there should not be anyone left practically and Kia knows that. I am not really sure how Kia is handling it better.

I had booked the car around one month ago. If Kia is not able to deliver the booked car in more than 2 months then it is there deficiency. They should at least protect the current bookings. Not a legal binding but something ethical. Especially when price increase is not due to any regulation changes.

Last edited by gupta_chd : 27th November 2019 at 19:06.
gupta_chd is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 19:54   #4230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Looks sensible even if true IMO.
Beg to differ there. I booked in August, confirmed variant in early September. Neither the dealer or Kia (on email queries) have given me a delivery schedule month, let alone a date. Only thing told was nothing in November and let's see for December, two weeks back. No further updates since.
anoop cheeran is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks