Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2019, 20:03   #4231
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
If Kia is not able to deliver the booked car in more than 2 months then it is there deficiency. They should at least protect the current bookings. Not a legal binding but something ethical. Especially when price increase is not due to any regulation changes.
I don't know why this expectation is there.
Car prices are subject to change and the price on delivery date applies. This is followed by all car manufacturers. So, not fair to blame Kia.
Yes, Kia can always do something to get goodwill but there will always be a cut-off and the customers on the other side of the cutoff are bound to get disappointed. Question to ask one is if the decision to buy the Seltos will change for 30K-50K? I am assuming many will still stay on but some might want to cancel and wait for the launch of the new Creta
adimicra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 20:42   #4232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Yes, Kia can always do something to get goodwill but there will always be a cut-off and the customers on the other side of the cutoff are bound to get disappointed. Question to ask one is if the decision to buy the Seltos will change for 30K-50K? I am assuming many will still stay on but some might want to cancel and wait for the launch of the new Creta
Nice point ! I was actually waiting for January 2020 to book my Seltos GTX+ DCT. But due to the price hike, I have made my decision to wait till the launch of 2020 Creta and Renegade, and then make a decision.
carenthusiast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 20:44   #4233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
MG protected all the bookings from price increase, while Kia is saying there will be no protection. Only the people who per booked the car before launch may be protected but in 4 months there should not be anyone left practically and Kia knows that. I am not really sure how Kia is handling it better. .
Not exactlly true, MG had said all bookings are protected then said they are not protected and then after my friend had paid the new high price with free accessories they again went to protection-protection .
Brishti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 21:42   #4234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswinpattath View Post
Wow Great! Thanks for the update. Will try checking with my SA.
Took my car to the Service Centre today, to update the UVO. On checking the SA found the version/update dated 27/09/19. Loaded the latest version which is 07/11/19. UVO is now working fine. Seems to be loading faster than when I first got the car.
John is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 21:43   #4235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop cheeran View Post
Beg to differ there. I booked in August, confirmed variant in early September. Neither the dealer or Kia (on email queries) have given me a delivery schedule month, let alone a date. Only thing told was nothing in November and let's see for December, two weeks back. No further updates since.
Exactly same dealership and same variant here. Received a mail from CEO-desk of Kia saying that they will try to close the backlogs within december. Replied to that mail, no response. Called their call center and registered an official complaint, again no action. I am planning to wait till 10th of december and cancel the booking if no allocation happens until then.
v6kgang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 21:48   #4236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I don't know why this expectation is there.
Car prices are subject to change and the price on delivery date applies. This is followed by all car manufacturers. So, not fair to blame Kia.
I am not sure what is wrong with the expectation. We expect brands to own a lemon and replace our car. We expect advance bookings made to be honoured in case of flights, real estate, hotels among other things. If I have booked a flight 3 months in advance, airlines can cancel that 15 days prior and it is still legal but it is expected that it will not happen. Of course it is not an apple to apple comparison.

I have booked a car for a particular price and waiting like in current scenario, I may let go many enticing deals which will not be available if the brand decides to increase prices all of a sudden and I don't want to pay increased price. Anyways it is not a rant, just an expectation. It is another thing that car industry doesn't work that way.
gupta_chd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 21:54   #4237

I'm sure you know this already but it's pu and not real leather. Tell your driver to use a thin cotton pillow or turkey towel to sit on, that can be frequently washed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Guys within 3 days of getting the car, the drivers seat is already looking a little soiled. The ivory faux leather upholstery is definitely not meant for indian conditions. Kia should have chosen a darker shade. My car is 99% chauffeur driven so it gets even worse. Any suggestions on what I can put on the driver seat to avoid it getting dirty. I definitely don't want to put seat covers all around. Beats the whole purpose of having leather upholstery.
Old 27th November 2019, 22:13   #4238
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Guys within 3 days of getting the car, the drivers seat is already looking a little soiled. The ivory faux leather upholstery is definitely not meant for indian conditions. Kia should have chosen a darker shade. My car is 99% chauffeur driven so it gets even worse. Any suggestions on what I can put on the driver seat to avoid it getting dirty. I definitely don't want to put seat covers all around. Beats the whole purpose of having leather upholstery.
Order one of these : AmazonBasics Car Seat Protector... https://www.amazon.in/dp/B074KGWF4Z?...p_mob_ap_share

Ask your chauffeur to use it when he’s driving. I guess the culprit is him sitting in the car for hours when it’s off, and sweating away.

You can also clean it once a fortnight, using : 3M Interior Cleaner (580 g) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0183SZDTS/..._WnTE1kmQmaQhC

But spray it on to a cloth and then wipe, rather than spraying directly. This will ensure the ventilated seats don’t get clogged.
ADB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 22:56   #4239
BANNED

Seltos enters into the top-10 car exports list of October-2019.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-top10carsexportsindiaoct2019.jpg
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 23:28   #4240
BHPian

When I made my booking for Kia Seltos, I got a booking ID from Kia through SMS. I am not sure what can I do with that. Please guide.
Old 28th November 2019, 12:50   #4241
BHPian

A weird thing just happened. My Seltos fired a message to my father (who is listed as my emergency contact) while being sitting in parking for more than an hour when it sent the message. The surface parking is also manned by a guard and I can see my car through my window, and nobody had any clue on what triggered the alert.
Attention! SELTOS has signalled Panic notification at 12:01 hrs.
You are receiving this message as the car owner has opted to send emergency notification to you.
For further assistance, please contact KIA 1800-108-5000 and select UVO Connect.
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 12:53   #4242
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
A weird thing just happened. My Seltos fired a message to my father (who is listed as my emergency contact) while being sitting in parking for more than an hour when it sent the message. The surface parking is also manned by a guard and I can see my car through my window, and nobody had any clue on what triggered the alert.
Attention! SELTOS has signalled Panic notification at 12:01 hrs.
You are receiving this message as the car owner has opted to send emergency notification to you.
For further assistance, please contact KIA 1800-108-5000 and select UVO Connect.
That is weird. Did you contact customer care to figure out what triggered it? They would have a record of this usually.
Old 28th November 2019, 13:01   #4243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
That is weird. Did you contact customer care to figure out what triggered it? They would have a record of this usually.
They believe the most probable scenario could be that the red alert button (4th button on the key fob). It may be the case since it was sitting in my pocket.

Anyone know how to reset TPMS in the Seltos?
Old 28th November 2019, 14:39   #4244
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
They believe the most probable scenario could be that the red alert button (4th button on the key fob). It may be the case since it was sitting in my pocket.

Anyone know how to reset TPMS in the Seltos?
Ah okay. But I’ve accidentally pressed that multiple times and an alert has never been triggered. Anyhow.

To reset the TPMS (I’m guessing it’s giving an error despite air pressure being okay?) - take the pressure of the culprit tire over 40 PSI, while the car is in and then reduce it to the desired level.
Old 28th November 2019, 17:57   #4245
BHPian

Guys, could someone please help me understand the Insurance plan that comes with Kia Seltos. What I understand is that first year its full cover plan and next 2 years its third party. So what is the use of those 2 years. Do we need to take the insurance for next 2 years or the same plan will work. If so, what all things will be covered in these 3 years.

I searched policy bazar too they have similar plans. I just do not understand the purpose of third party insurance for 2nd and 3rd year. Someone please explain. Thankyou.
gkg2423 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks