Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2019, 19:17   #4246
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkg2423 View Post
Guys, could someone please help me understand the Insurance plan that comes with Kia Seltos. What I understand is that first year its full cover plan and next 2 years its third party. So what is the use of those 2 years. Do we need to take the insurance for next 2 years or the same plan will work. If so, what all things will be covered in these 3 years.

I searched policy bazar too they have similar plans. I just do not understand the purpose of third party insurance for 2nd and 3rd year. Someone please explain. Thankyou.
Its 1 year comprehensive and 3 years third party. So the next year you would have to renew the comprehensive. I would recommend taking the insurance from outside ,as the price diff between kia safety and other providers is minimum 15k. And if you have an NCB from a previous insurance , get the certificate and submit when taking the new one, which will bring down the price further.

Here is the writeup I received from the insurance guy at the dealership -

KIA Safety Has 5 Insurance Companies:
1.Bharati Axa General Insurance Co Ltd.
2.Reliance General Insurance Co Ltd.
3.Go Digit General Insurance Co Ltd.
4.Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co Ltd.
5.ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co Ltd.

KIA Safety Includes :
1. Nil Depreciation (including consumables),
2. Engine & Gear Box Protect,
3. Tyre Cover,
4. Key Loss
5. Loss of Personal Belongings.
KIA SAFETY Advantages
1.Pan India Cashless at all KIA Authorised Workshops
2.No Salvage Deduction
3.Maximum TAT for Survey is 04 hours
4.Claims settlement through Video Streaming
5.Hassle Free Claims Settlement

EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS
1.Standard Pricing for all Program Insurers
2.Rodent Bite Cover part of the policy at No Extra Premium
3.Unlimited Nil Dep Claims Covered
4.No Pre-inspection Charges
5.Dedicated Toll Free Number exclusively for Kia Car Owners
& Dealers 1800 2666 9666 & email id Support@kiasafety.com

•Key Loss Cover for Sum Insured of INR 50,000 per claim
•Personal Belonging for Sum Insured of INR 100,000.00 per claim
kap04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 21:11   #4247
BHPian

Are LED "High/low" based lights on the GTX projectors like on Octavia?
Old 28th November 2019, 22:37   #4248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docahmer View Post
I booked my Kia 1.4GTX+ 7DCT on the 3rd of November and I got a call saying I can take the delivery on 29th Nov. Excited. Of course it took a few calls to the sales executive. Haven't paid anything extra nor used any influence to get the car early.
What colour did you pick?

I’m still waiting on the blue GTX+ 7DCT for 3 months now.
Old 28th November 2019, 23:47   #4249
BHPian

Correction to the above post, I’ve made my booking on July 17, so that’s more than 4 months. The dealer is giving me excuses about the choice of colour I’ve picked within the GTX+ 7DCT.

I don’t understand why launch a colour like blue or orange when they can’t deliver. Disappointing.
Old 29th November 2019, 07:38   #4250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
I don’t understand why launch a colour like blue or orange when they can’t deliver. Disappointing.
I do not think Kia is not delivering these colours. But their allocation seems to be a full non sense. They are just allocating the cars randomly to the dealers. I had booked online and colour selected was Gravity Gray. But I told dealer Red would be fine too. And the colour allocated to me was Red. And 4 days before my allocation white was allocated, while dealer was telling me I was 1st in the list. So I believe Kia is too busy to check the demand list. Just producing it randomly and allocating.
gkg2423 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 08:11   #4251
BHPian

Received a forward. HTE fitted with GT wheels. The difference these wheels bring to the overall look of this car is astonishing. Price of upgrade as stated is 67K inclusive of rim, tyre exchange.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-568c45b21a4c46e18197e82f16582f00.jpeg  

hydraulicsteer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 08:33   #4252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Are LED "High/low" based lights on the GTX projectors like on Octavia?
The LED headlights on the GTX model are not projectors. They are reflector based LED headlights.

2 outer reflectors used for low beam
The inner 2 reflectors used for high beam.

Similar to the Honda City’s LED headlights.
drhoneycake is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 09:28   #4253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkg2423 View Post
Guys, could someone please help me understand the Insurance plan that comes with Kia Seltos.

I searched policy bazar too they have similar plans. I just do not understand the purpose of third party insurance for 2nd and 3rd year. Someone please explain. Thankyou.
Adding to what others have commented on which add-ons you may take and the GI providers. Also, that taking it from outside will save you some money.

The simple answer to your question is that the GoI mandates that all new vehicles be it cars or bikes need to be sold with a 3 year third-party insurance. The rest is up to the owner, so rest whether you take a comprehensive, zero dep, RTI, etc. is your choice but the 3yr third party is mandatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
The LED headlights on the GTX model are not projectors. They are reflector based LED headlights.

2 outer reflectors used for low beam
The inner 2 reflectors used for high beam.

Similar to the Honda City’s LED headlights.
+1 the good and the bad part about this setup is :
Good Part - when my Seltos got into an accident and the headlight was pretty beat-up, it was still functioning as is, without even losing the focus, throw or intensity

Bad Part - any thing goes kaput, the whole assembly will be changed, which includes the LED indicator set-up below as well and it is 26k and change to replace
AGwagon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 09:58   #4254
BHPian

Observed one thing whilst waiting at a signal beside a Seltos at OMR Chennai :

- There is a sticker on the left side 3rd Quarter glass which has all the " Private " details of the car like VIN / Engine number and also says " This sticker needs to be removed before delivery "

- I see a lot of Seltoses at OMR Chennai with these stickers still present, with all the connectivity features this can be misused . Kindly remove those if at all it was not removed during Delivery
Sk8r is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 10:14   #4255

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Correction to the above post, I’ve made my booking on July 17, so that’s more than 4 months. The dealer is giving me excuses about the choice of colour I’ve picked within the GTX+ 7DCT.

I booked the white colour. Actually yesterday I got a call from another dealer whom I had contacted before for white 7DCT, saying one vehicle is available. Told him I already paid and scheduled for delivery today.
Old 29th November 2019, 11:51   #4256
BHPian

Took delivery of my Gravity Grey HTX+ Manual Diesel on Wednesday from Kun Kia.

Their pre delivery service was 10/10 but post delivery has been abysmal which is where I get my question,

To the folks who have taken delivery, was your car in a dusty state? Every other car I have purchased thus far gets basic waxing / polishing and tyre polish so that it shines like a....new car.

In my case I got a "cleaning" which even the poor chap in my apartment who cleans 25 cars in 2 hours with one rag can do a better job of. Windows were streaked so badly I couldn't even see out of it, the windshield was so dusty that when it drizzled for 30 seconds, I had dirt in the sides when I used the wiper.

My service manager says they don't polish and it is a paid service!

Am getting PPF + underbody work done in a 3m and am thinking of just getting it waxed (a 2 day old car! ) as my wife basically thinks I got sold a lemon as it in her words 'doesn't like a new car' and she is right!

Another issue was the UVO was not synching, not even getting the OTP, again the service person attached to my vehicle kept giving me nonsensical solutions, when I checked the system version online and then my system version, turns out they haven't patched in the new system version when they delivered the car!

This is like getting to 350 runs in a ODI, having 2 runs to win of 6 balls and then losing the match!

Last edited by Sheel : 29th November 2019 at 11:56. Reason: minor edits and ver = version. Please write in full. Thank You.
Old 29th November 2019, 12:42   #4257

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
I am in the same boat as you are, booked GTX+ D AT with Epitome and they have no clue.. Am going to call other dealers in Bangalore to see what they have to say !! Let me know if you get any different response from other dealers. We should chat offline, please PM me your number
I booked GTX + D AT (Black)- on 16th July - dealer - Epitome, Whitefield. He is still not sure about delivery date and informed that if delivery happens in January then new price will be applicable.
Did you get your delivery from Epitome on same model?

I will definitely cancel the booking if I have to pay new price. Whats the point of pre-booking when FIFO is not respected - so I am worried on that part.

I have raised a complaint with Kia allotment team - not sure if they would respond.
Old 29th November 2019, 12:54   #4258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsbabu View Post
My HTX+ D has crossed 3000km and is nearing 4 weeks. Two kids, youngest being 4+. Seats are actually not getting dirty as much as I feared. In fact only dirt I see is mild black marks - could be from their duppatta/t-shirt or even from service center; on the backrest. Just a gentle dab with very diluted vinegar cleans it in no time. What I am more worried is the slipper marks on seat backs or on glovebox cover - younger one is under strict instruction to remove shoes once he enters the car That solved it nicely.

Sun film - I don't think you need it. I drive a lot on highways and was worried about this. But with rear window shades up, it is actually quite cool inside the cabin. UV cut glass seems to be working well - I don't feel the heat inside even if the sunlight has been beating up the skin for 2 hours non-stop. I attached standard window guard accessory and that also blocks sunlight a lot.

Many happy miles with your car!

Thanks bro, and yes I agree the seats are definitely not the usual pure beige we get and looks like they can take some abuse.

Am going to just put the front icecool (or whatever is the brand) from Garware at Jeewajee Anna Nagar, as the sides look pre tinted and the rear has those shades already.
Old 29th November 2019, 14:53   #4259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advay View Post
I will definitely cancel the booking if I have to pay new price. Whats the point of pre-booking when FIFO is not respected - so I am worried on that part.

I have raised a complaint with Kia allotment team - not sure if they would respond.
I do not think raising complaint will help. They do not even read the messages, I guess so.

I was in same condition and I had decided to go for upper variant or the next preferred colour after 15 dec. I would keep asking them what variants or colours were available. Fortunately, I got allotment in time. I hope you will get your car. But if otherwise, you may go with my plan.
gkg2423 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 15:07   #4260
Senior - BHPian

One of my cousin recently bought a Hyundai Creta AT, I asked him why didnot he considered Kia Seltos. He gave me a few reasons one of them being the car has "not a lot of road presence".

Today, I was going to my office and in front of me was Kia Seltos and I passed it as Brezza untill we reached red signal traffic stop. This argument of my cousin immediately striked me that the car really has very low road presence. In almost all the photos the car looked as big as Creta (and maybe it is?), but in reality this car when viewed from outside as a package looks smaller in size.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed