Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2019, 11:53   #4276
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I haven't driven the Petrol AT yet. Scheduled for this week.
GTO should we expect a review on 1.5 petrol NA or just like the test rides it will be “unavailable”.
Old 1st December 2019, 12:49   #4277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advay View Post
I booked GTX + D AT (Black)- on 16th July - dealer - Epitome, Whitefield. He is still not sure about delivery date and informed that if delivery happens in January then new price will be applicable.
Did you get your delivery from Epitome on same model?

I will definitely cancel the booking if I have to pay new price. Whats the point of pre-booking when FIFO is not respected - so I am worried on that part.

I have raised a complaint with Kia allotment team - not sure if they would respond.
I have not got mine either, and the dealer isnt willing to commit on a delivery date. Mine is a Red GTX+ D AT and I made a booking roughly the same time as you did. To be frank, I have not followed up much as I have been crazy tied down at work, and I also learnt that this dealer isnt registered with my employer for company car lease. So there are other issues that I need to deal with apart from the delivery date

But I fully agree, what's the point of pre-booking if there is no FIFO allotment.
Old 1st December 2019, 14:57   #4278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
I have not got mine either, and the dealer isnt willing to commit on a delivery date. . ...what's the point of pre-booking if there is no FIFO allotment.
Am in the exact same boat. I got an email from dealer stating that I have confirmed the variant GTX+ Diesel AT only in September end and since there is a 3 month wait period, car will be only delivered in Jan 2020. What they conveniently did not say is that Kia itself announced this GTX+ AT models only in September. And of their assurance while pre-booking in July, that Kia has the capacity to deliver any numbers and hence need not worry about waiting periods, get protection from price hike etc.

I had mailed back stating the above facts and that my 25k is with them from July and it is they who has not kept their end of bargain and is now asking me to pay an increase in price than what was agreed to. No replies yet. If none this week (Kia just has to look at example set by MG in similar situation) and if I have to shell out 22 L - plus for a Seltos, definitely will be cancelling the booking, will look at options in a class above with BS4/ year end deals going on.
anoop cheeran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 15:23   #4279
Team-BHP Support

Really liked these two videos from Kia international. In case you have bought / booked one, go ahead and enjoy -

Chile -

Dubai -

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st December 2019 at 15:32.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 18:12   #4280
BHPian

Noticed from the above video that the Dubai spec has the same dashboard like our Indian Seltos just that it adds a few physical buttons too. Personally it feels crowded. It's alright.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20191201180933_youtube.jpg  

Old 1st December 2019, 18:50   #4281
BHPian

As per Gaadiwaadi.com, Kia India has sold a whopping 14,005 Seltoses in Nov. 2019.

Link:

https://gaadiwaadi.com/kia-sells-140...for-2nd-month/
petroguzzler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 18:57   #4282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop cheeran View Post
if I have to shell out 22 L - plus for a Seltos, definitely will be cancelling the booking, will look at options in a class above with BS4/ year end deals going on.
22 lacs + wow.. don't you think Tucson GLO would be a far better option? Currently, they are offering ~ 2.5+ lacs discount.. it's much more sorted vehicle, commands premium and road presence than niggle laden Seltos..
gutsy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 19:19   #4283
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't driven the Petrol AT yet. Scheduled for this week.
GTO, so it means our official review would be considering

Petrol MT
Diesel MT
Diesel AT
Petrol AT DCT.

No Petrol AT CVT?
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 09:53   #4284
BHPian

Quote:
Took the Kia Seltos out on the highway for the first time today (Aditya has taken it out thrice earlier, including both the MTs). All I can say is, this car is a well-engineered + premium + all-rounded crossover. In particular, the Diesel + Automatic combination I'm driving today is flawless. Of all the mainstream cars I've driven in 2019, the Seltos Diesel AT is the one I want to keep home .

Not sharing my usual short summary review as the Official Review is 60% complete. Will be up later in December.
Attachment 1940238

Attachment 1940237
Completely agree with you GTO. In two months of ownership, the HTX+ D MT has brought a smile to my face, every time I’ve driven it!
Looking forward to a road trip to Goa later this month.

Last edited by John : 2nd December 2019 at 09:58.
John is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:45   #4285
BHPian

Quote:
Took the Kia Seltos out on the highway for the first time today (Aditya has taken it out thrice earlier, including both the MTs). All I can say is, this car is a well-engineered + premium + all-rounded crossover. In particular, the Diesel + Automatic combination I'm driving today is flawless. Of all the mainstream cars I've driven in 2019, the Seltos Diesel AT is the one I want to keep home .

Not sharing my usual short summary review as the Official Review is 60% complete. Will be up later in December.
Thanks GTO, it means a lot to have this early (great) feedback on Seltos . Got a GTX PLUS DCT home yesterday and feeling great about it. Waiting for the detailed review now.

Last edited by civic-dk : 2nd December 2019 at 12:46. Reason: Wanted to add one more point.
civic-dk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:53   #4286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsy View Post
22 lacs + wow.. don't you think Tucson GLO would be a far better option? Currently, they are offering ~ 2.5+ lacs discount.. it's much more sorted vehicle, commands premium and road presence than niggle laden Seltos..
Sir would you be aware what these niggles are? I haven't seen much online and those I have seen are mostly related to UVO.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 13:50   #4287

This is all new for most of us but since the vehicles are getting software and firmware updates.. Do we get to see the change log and understand what changed or improved?

Appstore shows the change log with each update of the app. Is it a similar transparent experience in auto industry?
Old 2nd December 2019, 14:35   #4288
Senior - BHPian

Kia Seltos is a real head-scratcher. Kia managed to dispatch 14,005 Seltos(s) in November. That is as big as Mahindra's passenger sales number and way bigger than Tata's (10,400!).

If you combine Maruti+Hyundai+Kia, that is 200,000 cars in a month or 2.4 million cars a year, and that is actually higher than the industry bottom 2-3 months ago. Increasingly, the depressing numbers from the rest of the industry like Tata and Honda does not make much of a difference anymore because it is actually Maruti and Hyundai which decides the fate of the total numbers.
avishar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 15:47   #4289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
As per Gaadiwaadi.com, Kia India has sold a whopping 14,005 Seltoses in Nov. 2019.
Seems like Indian market was waiting all these years for such a product to be launched . I think these points made them score points in capturing the SUV market:

1) Offer a variety of engine + gearbox options within a wide price spectrum. Basically, it competes with cars of 2 different segments and caters the needs of different kind of buyers; the 1.5 petrol targets comfort oriented buyers, 1.5 diesel targets the fuel conscious buyers and 1.4 GDI for the enthusiasts.

2) They launched BS6 emission compliant engines at the time when many customers were hesitant to buy BS4.

3) Provide automatic transmission in the top of the line variant unlike other manufacturers including Hyundai.

4) Lots of segment first luxury features at a fair price. I feel this has made Jeep Compass looks very expensive for the features it offers.
carenthusiast is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 16:06   #4290
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia Seltos sales at 14005 in November!

Source - Autopunditz

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20191202160408__01.jpg

Kia with a single product has sold more than Renault, Tata, Honda and rest of bottom ones. There is something in it that other manufacturers failed to visualise. A new company with a new product hitting great numbers with sales, it's good to see. Sadly, I haven't been able to see a single Seltos up close as yet.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 2nd December 2019 at 16:12.
BoneCollector is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed