Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2019, 22:06   #4396
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Right from day 1 I felt the lighting setup on the HTK lacking, especially on the low beam. In the absence of DRLs and lacklustre halogens in the projectors I was looking for an upgrade. A few weeks ago, I got the Osram DHB3 HID conversion kit installed with 6000K lamps. Costed Rs.10,650.

It was purchased and installed at my dealer. Wiring had to be spliced and caps had to be drilled, but the manager assured they'll take care of warranty issues, if any arise - the only condition being that the car must be taken to them and not any other ASC. I like such dealers who encourage us to enjoy our cars in the way we want and also cover our backs.

I see a marked difference after the upgrade. The low beam is immensely better and the high beam is very bright. I'm aware of the problems with 6000K over 4200K lights. But for my car usage pattern that wouldn't be a big issue and I wanted white beams.

The only gripe I now have is the odd looking setup I've ended up with. The parking lights and projector fogs on yellow halogens and the headlights on blueish white HIDs. I still prefer to keep the halogens on the projector fogs but want to do something about the parking lights in reflectors. Suggestions welcome.

Outcome:

Without any lights. The mobile camera has increased exposure in this picture. It was a little darker in reality.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191212_200034697.jpg

Low beam:

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191212_200022474.jpg

High beam:

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191212_200027533.jpg
dksv is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 23:40   #4397
BHPian

Does Seltos have a heater for the diesel like old cars had?
Old 13th December 2019, 08:14   #4398

Did anyone do PPF or Ceramic Coating in their Seltos ? What's the cost in Bangalore ? What would be the best for Punchy Orange colour ?
Old 13th December 2019, 11:17   #4399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suviswan View Post
Did anyone do PPF or Ceramic Coating in their Seltos ? What's the cost in Bangalore ? What would be the best for Punchy Orange colour ?
I am planning ceramic coating on my Red colour Seltos. I have selected detailing devils for this purpose. Reason being they have a shop in my city. Prices are almost same as compared to 3M and reviews are good. They won't be working on interiors though. Even I was not interested in that. Costs around 23k for 3 years pack and 28k for 5 years. Just for the info, my city is Jalandhar.
gkg2423 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 12:12   #4400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
It was purchased and installed at my dealer. Wiring had to be spliced and caps had to be drilled, but the manager assured they'll take care of warranty issues, if any arise - the only condition being that the car must be taken to them and not any other ASC. I like such dealers who encourage us to enjoy our cars in the way we want and also cover our backs.
Wow you're brave doing this on a brand new car. Hope you got it in writing from the dealer? What would happen if the manager at the dealership suddenly changed and you unfortunately did need to make a warranty claim??
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 12:18   #4401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suviswan View Post
I would be doing the ceramic coating for my Blue Seltos at Ultimate Detailerz Bangalore next week. They have various packages. I have attached their product range document along with pricing, to this chat.
FYI: Seltos falls under Medium SUV.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Car ceramic coating packages 2019.pdf (656.5 KB, 812 views)

Last edited by anzrulz555 : 13th December 2019 at 12:21.
anzrulz555 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 12:43   #4402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkg2423 View Post
I am planning ceramic coating on my Red colour Seltos. I have selected detailing devils for this purpose. Reason being they have a shop in my city. Prices are almost same as compared to 3M and reviews are good. They won't be working on interiors though. Even I was not interested in that. Costs around 23k for 3 years pack and 28k for 5 years. Just for the info, my city is Jalandhar.
I got it done from Detaling Devils in Pitampura Delhi, managed to get them to do it for 20k for 3 years, including the interior, exterior, tyre and windscreens front and rear. They also gave a couple of microfibre cloths and a bottle of shampoo.
AGwagon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 13:07   #4403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Wow you're brave doing this on a brand new car. Hope you got it in writing from the dealer? What would happen if the manager at the dealership suddenly changed and you unfortunately did need to make a warranty claim??
I agree the risk still exists. But it is certainly better to have a dealer who is willing to go the extra mile for you than one who is fussy about these things from the beginning. This dealer is part of the Advaith group who owns about 30 Hyundai showrooms in Karnataka. This easy-going attitude of theirs is evident across most of their service centers. Several months ago when I was very close to getting the Venue DCT at one of their dealers, they had offered me fitment of an after-market LED setup and had assured to take care of all warranty claims!

But again, I just hope I never get to find out.

The alternate option I had is to live with the stock setup until my extended warranty expires.

Last edited by dksv : 13th December 2019 at 13:11.
dksv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 13:09   #4404

This indeed is my Vote for Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhegde View Post
Anyone experiencing a mild rattling sound when the rear seats are kept in the reclined position? I'm facing this in my GTK. The sound goes when I fold down the left rear seat...
I have also faced this in my GTX+ D AT and the rattling sound goes away when the seat is taken back to the original position. This is not a rattling from the rear parcel tray, my GTX has come with the rubber parts pre-installed in the rear parcel tray.

The biggest challenge I am facing is with LED headlights on high beam (even on separated highways where the beam is not concentrated, the throw is not good & not visible and hence not confidence-inspiring (probably I am more observant as being spoiled by my earlier ride ... Toyota Corolla Altis). Also I can see the white light when going through pitch dark, but all is scattered. Kindly advise if anyone has a solution or advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Not sharing my usual short summary review as the Official Review is 60% complete. Will be up later in December.
Hi GTO and Mods, request if you can share your observations on the different driving modes provided in GTX+ D AT (Normal / Eco / Sport) in terms of how they change driving dynamics (i.e. impact on RPM/impact on power delivery), I am trying to understand where and in which circumstances which mode should be used.

If someone can guide me to some relevant link, I would be obliged.
sanj47900 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 13:28   #4405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Does Seltos have a heater for the diesel like old cars had?
Are you referring to the glow plugs? 1 per cylinder? If yes - the 1.5 diesel in Seltos would surely have it. Its nothing to do with "old" / "new" engines as such.
Old 13th December 2019, 15:52   #4406
BHPian

This proposed price hike of the Seltos from next year may not be in the long term interest of Kia Motors. As of now, the Seltos is found to be a very attractive buy, much better than the other competion presently available in the market. But when 2020 rolls in there are going to be a lot more cars offering the same type of gizmos that Seltos offers.

This price hike will tend to drive quite a few prospective Seltos customers to other cars. So this price hike may prove to be a "penny wise pound foolish" measure.
Shivaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 16:01   #4407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
This proposed price hike of the Seltos from next year may not be in the long term interest of Kia Motors. As of now, the Seltos is found to be a very attractive buy, much better than the other competion presently available in the market. But when 2020 rolls in there are going to be a lot more cars offering the same type of gizmos that Seltos offers.

This price hike will tend to drive quite a few prospective Seltos customers to other cars. So this price hike may prove to be a "penny wise pound foolish" measure.
Kia had launched the Seltos with BS6 engines to compete with cars with BS4 engines (except few petrol cars from other OEMs which are already available with BS6 engines). Come next year, all cars would have some price hike due to the BS6 engine upgrade (anywhere between few thousands to the speculated few lakhs). So, that gives Kia some room to raise their prices as well while competing with the new launches.

I hope Kia doesn't become very greedy with the proposed hike and at the same time, work on their supply chain to improve delivery schedules.

Edit: Additional gizmos in the new models will also contribute to further price hike in other models. It's going to be a tough situation unless the BS6 upgrades doesn't turn out to be expensive for the OEMs as speculated earlier.

Last edited by ashis89 : 13th December 2019 at 16:04.
Old 13th December 2019, 16:18   #4408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
I would be doing the ceramic coating for my Blue Seltos at Ultimate Detailerz Bangalore next week. They have various packages....
Thanks for sharing. So which option are you going for and final price if you can share?

This pricing seems higher than Detailing devils price shared above. Thoughts?
Old 13th December 2019, 16:19   #4409
Distinguished - BHPian

Question to All current Seltos owners on TBHP. Does anyone in the group have the GTK / GTX variants with Black Interiors? It would be great if you could share some interior pics of the same - the current three ownership reviews of the Seltos posted currently all have Black and Beige interiors.
Old 13th December 2019, 16:33   #4410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
As received on WhatsApp

Kamothe Kia
Story :

An executive of the company’s Panvel-based dealership accidentally drove off the first floor of the showroom while trying to properly park a display unit of the Kia Seltos Interestingly, we have seen quite a few cases of cars flying off the dealerships in the last few months. Earlier this year, a video that surfaced Youtube showed a customer of Hyundai, who drove off her Elite i20 from the floorspace, thereby causing damage to the showroom as well as the car.

Now, in a new development, something similar has happened at a Kia dealership in Mumbai. Actually, some photos that have been circulating on the internet show a Kia Seltos that has fallen from the first floor of Panvel-based authorized dealership. It is being said this accident happened as one of the dealership executives tried parking the display unit in place. However, instead of slotting the gearlever into reverse, he mistakenly shifted to forward and ended up driving off the floor space. To make matters worse, the car hit another Kia Seltos parked outside the dealership. The second vehicle involved in this mishap seems to be a customer vehicle ready for delivery. As can be seen in the images, the crash is so severe that the driver’s airbag deployed. On the other hand, the red-coloured Seltos suffered from a damaged C-pillar and roof. Also, while this is clear case of negligence by the dealership staff, we’re happy that no one has got seriously hurt.

Read more at: https://gaadiwaadi.com/kia-seltos-di...of-dealership/

Moral of the story : You are not safe in the showroom as well. Watch out for falling cars.
Sasanka_Sanga is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks