Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2019, 23:14   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
More info on Seltos for India.
I am not liking this trend by car manufacturers. Everybody is interested in aggressive looks and features. Nothing much is happening in giving more powerful engine options. Blame the Indian car buyers too, looks and features are the major selling points. 1.5 diesel and petrol are not really exciting. 1.4 turbo petrol should be decent, hope the car has mature ride and handling.
Dr.Naren is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 23:21   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I am not liking this trend by car manufacturers. Everybody is interested in aggressive looks and features. Nothing much is happening in giving more powerful engine options. Blame the Indian car buyers too, looks and features are the major selling points. 1.5 diesel and petrol are not really exciting. 1.4 turbo petrol should be decent, hope the car has mature ride and handling.
I'd blame it on the BS 6 for emasculating the engine power and torque figures. Agreed the figures are underwhelming and with autoboxes this may be magnified in such a heavy car.
Old 24th June 2019, 23:24   #438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I'd blame it on the BS 6 for emasculating the engine power and torque figures. Agreed the figures are underwhelming and with autoboxes this may be magnified in such a heavy car.
Not really. Hyundai 1.6 U2 CRDI is available with 130+ hp in International markets. 1.5 engine is just for better pricing.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 23:44   #439
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
BS6 equivalent emission is present worldwide so there's nothing like Bs6 in India is emasculating power.

It's just indian manufacturers catering to what our market wants.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 23:50   #440
BHPian

So the diesel automatic Creta with 126bhp@4000rpm and torque260@1500 rpm will be a more powerful car than the Seltos diesel automatic, very very interesting
Old 24th June 2019, 23:52   #441
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
So the diesel automatic Creta with 126bhp@4000rpm and torque260@1500 rpm will be a more powerful car than the Seltos diesel automatic, very very interesting
Till Hyundai launches their bs6 engine which will then be same as seltos.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 06:39   #442
BHPian

Creta 1.6 diesel was available only on the SX and higher variants which on road costed around 16 lacs and above. I believe Kia will provide the 1.5 diesel start from the base variant, which could be a master stoke in terms of pricing adding the lower GST rates and insurance cost for 1.5 diesel engines. Petrol NA engine looks hopeless and Turbo petrol will be too expensive.
Also Kia cannot afford to price the Seltos much higher than the current Creta with lower power figures. Yes BS6 engines are expensive but it will be difficult to explain the same to the customer at least till the time BS6 Creta is launched with similar power figures and higher pricing.
Old 25th June 2019, 07:28   #443
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia Seltos - Colours revealed including two-tones.

Quote:
Seltos will be available in a variety of exterior colours. The single-tone options include red, black, blue, orange, Glacier White, Clear White, grey and silver.

Additionally, the Kia Seltos will also come with red/black, glacier white/black, silver/black and glacier white/orange two-tone exterior paint shade combinations.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th June 2019 at 07:30.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 08:52   #444
BHPian

I don't think the 1.4 turbo petrol should be all that expensive. Just for reference, Skoda sells the fairly loaded Octavia 1.4 starting from under 16L ex-showroom Bangalore. It is a fairly large sedan and should be having similar cost structure to the Seltos, if not higher. In all likelihood, at least the 1.4 T-GDI manual variant would be within 20L OTR Bangalore.
octane_100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 09:30   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
I don't think the 1.4 turbo petrol should be all that expensive. Just for reference, Skoda sells the fairly loaded Octavia 1.4 starting from under 16L ex-showroom Bangalore. It is a fairly large sedan and should be having similar cost structure to the Seltos, if not higher. In all likelihood, at least the 1.4 T-GDI manual variant would be within 20L OTR Bangalore.
I think GST rates for Sedans and SUVs are different and that alone can change the price by a fair margin.
Also, there is no way that Seltos will be priced on par with Creta. It will surely be 1-1.5 lacs above Creta (purely my opinion) and thus the top end will be around 16.5-17 ex-showroom. I wrote this as Creta is a logical pricing benchmark for Seltos and a lot of people are comparing them.
tarik.arora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 09:51   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
I think GST rates for Sedans and SUVs are different and that alone can change the price by a fair margin.
Also, there is no way that Seltos will be priced on par with Creta. It will surely be 1-1.5 lacs above Creta (purely my opinion) and thus the top end will be around 16.5-17 ex-showroom. I wrote this as Creta is a logical pricing benchmark for Seltos and a lot of people are comparing them.
Petrol cars with engines greater than 1200cc irrespective of car length and ground clearance attract the same 28+22% GST. Going by the Octavia 1.4 logic provided by octane_100, if kia is not greedy, GT line can be in the sweet spot of pricing.

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 25th June 2019 at 09:52.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 10:58   #447
BHPian

On reading that some people are getting calls to book the car, I did search on Google for any Kia Sales Showroom in Mumbai and found none which tells me that their network of sales and service is not ready and will take time even if the car is ready to be sold in August. The people who have invested in sales showrooms can help ease their financial burden by offering early bookings and a good response will also ensure them of long term success of their endeavour.

It is surprising thought that they have still no presence in Mumbai and Pune as there are very important markets.
Old 25th June 2019, 11:02   #448
BHPian

One doubt which I have been having is that, the BS6 ready cars, not just Seltos, when customers are purchasing them, in 2019 and before April 2020, they will be registered as BSIV in the RC book. Is there any provision to get that updated to BS6 automatically post April 2020? Is there any concrete information in this regard? Many of my friends have been asking this, as in, is there any difference between buying a BS6 ready car now or after April 2020 ?
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 11:18   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Petrol cars with engines greater than 1200cc irrespective of car length and ground clearance attract the same 28+22% GST. Going by the Octavia 1.4 logic provided by octane_100, if kia is not greedy, GT line can be in the sweet spot of pricing.
True, petrol cars above 1200cc have the same GST rate. GST rate is different for diesel cars up to 4 meters and above for 4 meters. Ground clearance doesn't seem to be a factor anymore
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screen-shot-20190625-11.09.27-am.png
Source:https://www.paisabazaar.com/tax/gst-...r_Personal_Use
Guna is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 11:23   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Kia Seltos - Colours revealed including two-tones.
Do we know if the dual tone will be available for automatic top end variants too? Hope they don't do a Hyundai here for dual tone and airbags.

Last edited by manson : 25th June 2019 at 11:53. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks