Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2019, 21:24   #4501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SahilS View Post
How people with automatics manage if there is water logging and traffic jam(Bangalore Monsoons)?
What to do in such scenarios to keep revs high? One thing we can do is to press brake and accelerator pedal both, but i'm not a big fan of this method. Any other suggestion?
In torque converter move to L ratio and drive. In DCT move to manual and drive in 1 or 2.
Old 23rd December 2019, 22:11   #4502
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
In torque converter move to L ratio and drive. In DCT move to manual and drive in 1 or 2.
But a lot of time, you can't move at all. You'll be standing still in long jams, especially during water logging. So driving in manual mode in 1st gear will not be an option in such case.
Old 23rd December 2019, 22:35   #4503
BHPian

UVO app in my Seltos wasn't working since 25th Nov and I called Kia customer care and tweeted them. After couple of tweets and 2 weeks later got a call from CC that an upgrade is available and can be done by visiting SC/Dealer. Went to dealer today and the SA simply reset and i have lost all my data from 25th Nov to today. Is this how the updates be done/these guys aren't aware of it. Is there a way I can get the data back for that period?
Old 24th December 2019, 07:30   #4504
BHPian

I find these frequent updates extremely irritating. It's great that we are getting regular updates, but a pain having to take the car to the dealer/service centre so often.
Also if an update is released, why should the system stop working? Just trying to imagine if every time Apple releases an iOS update, all their devices stop working till updated.
Old 24th December 2019, 12:10   #4505
BHPian

Hey guys, I picked up the Seltos GTX+ DCT. I placed my order back in July when they started taking preorders, switched the variant from GTX to GTX+ when they announced it.

I placed my order in Vijayawada, not really sure what happened but for some reason the blue color that I've wanted wasn't being allocated in the variant that I've picked. I even wrote to Kia regarding the delay in my delivery but I never got a reply. I keep shuffling between Hyderabad and Vijayawada, so I also inquired at the Hyderabad showroom in November and even they said they don't have a timeline for the Orange/blue color. The sales representative was kind enough to call me last week saying they did receive a blue variant that I've wanted. I called the Vijayawada dealership who then blocked the car in Hyderabad and requested for a transfer. Both the dealers helped out of their way to make the process smooth and I'm glad that they did.

Fortunately this isn't the only car in the stable, so I was fine with the 4.5 months of delay.

I wanted to replace the rubber to something better and I ended up with the 235/55/17 Michelin Primacy 4 ST with 32psi. Even though I didn't drive much on either of the two tires, I could feel the improved ride quality as soon as I switched. For all Seltos owners, even at the stock size, I would recommend the switch to a better quality rubber.

All the likes and dislikes have been posted multiple times in this thread, so I will post some quick first impressions from family, friends and my crew.
  • Compliments for the blue color, almost everyone liked it.
  • The first thing my wife said as soon as she started driving was "the engine is so smooth". This was also said by my other family member and a friend.
  • One driver said, these seats will get dirty quick, why didn't you go for black seats?
  • Seating posture is good for my family and a mother of a newborn with her kid in her arms liked the posture in the rear seat as well. I don't personally use the rear seat at all but I'm glad the position is good.
  • Everyone's impressed by the quality of interiors, I don't think any of them expected the car to look the way it does outside and inside.
  • My friend Bhuvan from TeamBHP drove the car yesterday and he liked what's on offer. The transmission though not as smooth or quick as a DSG, does a decent job.
  • Family likes the air purifier option, they think it is much needed in today's day and age. I also did notice the air quality index increasing drastically where there are more buses than the usual.

Things I wish that were different from the 48 hours I've had the car -
  • Why not give a black interior option? I picked the top variant for the addition features but I would have really liked and enjoyed the black interiors.
  • How could you skip backlit keys on a 20L car? I literally had to turn the interior light on to find the unlock button last night. This is just unacceptable.
  • Memory seats, I wish they gave this as an option and I wouldn't mind paying extra for it either. In India cars are used by other people and memory seat would have been very convenient for me, I'm 6'4 and it is quite a process to adjust the seat multiple times a day.
  • The thigh support is lacking. I'm not expecting extended thigh support but I felt the length of the seat under the thighs is a tad short than the usual. Will have to see how the posture will play on my knees on a road trip.
  • Too much chrome for my taste, I will probably black out the front chrome over the period of time.

That pretty much sums up the two day ownership. I want to drive the car more but due to work and a busy week, I haven't been able to. Hoping to get some extended drives over the next few weeks.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by sweetvar26 : 24th December 2019 at 12:12.
sweetvar26 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 13:15   #4506
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Hey guys, I picked up the Seltos GTX+ DCT. I placed my order back in July when they started taking preorders, switched the variant from GTX to GTX+ when they announced it.
Congratulations, the GTX+ looks smashing in BLUE

Quote:
I wanted to replace the rubber to something better and I ended up with the 235/55/17 Michelin Primacy 4 ST with 32psi. Even though I didn't drive much on either of the two tires, I could feel the improved ride quality as soon as I switched. For all Seltos owners, even at the stock size, I would recommend the switch to a better quality rubber.
Well Done

Please share the costs involved in this upgrade.
Old 24th December 2019, 14:01   #4507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
Yes, I guess if we switch to manual mode (and until you press + or -) the cluster shows S or S1
Happy to share that manual mode in IVT, a.k.a the S mode has 8 fixed speed transmission settings. As someone mentioned earlier, not all SAs are aware of this.

8th gear is generally available for speeds above 70 or so, buy I would assume that the 6th, 7th and 8th gear ratios must be overdrive - meant fot highway cruising etc
Old 24th December 2019, 14:02   #4508
BHPian

Hello Everyone!

I booked my Seltos HTE Silver colour yesterday from Shreenath Motors, Andheri,Mumbai.

However representative told me that Kia has made it compulsory to take the first year insurance from them, after that we can take our own. Is this true?

Also where can I find the price list of the official accessories? I asked my dealer how much do the alloys cost and he said around a lakh, whereas on this forum someone swapped them for 34k from his/her dealer.
Old 24th December 2019, 14:32   #4509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarvee View Post
Happy to share that manual mode in IVT, a.k.a the S mode has 8 fixed speed transmission settings. As someone mentioned earlier, not all SAs are aware of this.

8th gear is generally available for speeds above 70 or so, buy I would assume that the 6th, 7th and 8th gear ratios must be overdrive - meant fot highway cruising etc
Yeah i had shared this earlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Hello Everyone!

I booked my Seltos HTE Silver colour yesterday from Shreenath Motors, Andheri,Mumbai.

However representative told me that Kia has made it compulsory to take the first year insurance from them, after that we can take our own. Is this true?

Also where can I find the price list of the official accessories? I asked my dealer how much do the alloys cost and he said around a lakh, whereas on this forum someone swapped them for 34k from his/her dealer.
It's not compulsory but they try to make you take insurance with them as they have margins on it. My dealer also tried to force me to take insurance with them but I resisted as their mark up was more than 40% when compared to market rates

But i fought with them & after 2 - 3 days of negotiations, I was allowed to take insurance outside. But dealer requested me to take extended warranty (I wasn't willing to do so initially) & I obliged as I didn't want to prolong the issue

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid submitting back to back posts / one post after the another. Please use the 'EDIT' and 'MULTI QUOTE' functions within 30 minutes of submitting the first post, instead of posting consecutively. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th December 2019 at 15:00.
Old 24th December 2019, 14:35   #4510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone!

What is the waiting period quoted to you? Does HTE/HTK have same waiting period?
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 18:48   #4511
BHPian

Quote:
I asked my dealer how much do the alloys cost and he said around a lakh, whereas on this forum someone swapped them for 34k from his/her dealer.
You have 3 alloy wheel options-

16" hyper metallic - 34k
17" hyper metallic - not aware, sorry
17" crystal cut - 49k

Of course, with 17" you'll have to add cost of change of tyres as well.

Last edited by dksv : 24th December 2019 at 19:10.
Old 24th December 2019, 20:53   #4512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
It's not compulsory but they try to make you take insurance with them as they have margins on it. My dealer also tried to force me to take insurance with them but I resisted as their mark up was more than 40% when compared to market rates

But i fought with them & after 2 - 3 days of negotiations, I was allowed to take insurance outside. But dealer requested me to take extended warranty (I wasn't willing to do so initially) & I obliged as I didn't want to prolong the issue
Ok thanks I will talk to them once the car gets allocated, I will be taking extended warranty hope you have taken the one which is suitable to you as there are two plans 1) Unlimited kms which most dealers are pushing 2) With 125,000 kms included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
What is the waiting period quoted to you? Does HTE/HTK have same waiting period?
They said maximum 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
You have 3 alloy wheel options-

16" hyper metallic - 34k
17" hyper metallic - not aware, sorry
17" crystal cut - 49k

Of course, with 17" you'll have to add cost of change of tyres as well.
Thank You! 16inch is fine as I dont want to change the tyres too.
Old 24th December 2019, 21:15   #4513
Senior - BHPian

Booked Kia Seltos HTK Petrol in Delhi. Quoted waiting time is 2 months. I am not sure how the waiting period got extended from 1 month to 2 months post Diwali. HTE variant is available within 15 days though, all other models are given 2 months waiting period.

I gave a lot of consideration to HTK+ variant, but even the HTK will cost above 12 lakhs OTR post price increase. Other than pricing, HTK+ doesn't come with auto climate control. That was the only feature for which I would have plonked the extra money, but both HTK/HTK+ gets the same HVAC system i.e. manual. Other features like alloy wheels, cruise control, push-button start, auto-folding ORVMs, ambient lights etc are nice to have but not worth nearly 2 lakhs of the price difference between the two variants.

My original colour choice in the family was orange but the dealer was not willing to take booking of that colour citing availability reasons. The same thing was quoted for blue colour. I personally don't like orange but Anyways, we chose the evergreen red color. I liked the Seltos in black color as well, but Kia has restricted black to HTX and above variants.

As of now, I have only received a booking confirmation message with a reference number. What's next? Will I be able to track the status? How I will get to know that car has been allotted? What as a customer I need to do during waiting period?
The salesperson told me it takes 10-12 days for a dispatched car to reach Delhi from their factory in Andhra Pradesh.
This is for the first time I am experiencing 'waiting period' for a car! Got all other previous cars within a week of booking!
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 21:55   #4514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Booked Kia Seltos HTK Petrol in Delhi.
Congratulations on your upcoming purchase!

Quote:
I gave a lot of consideration to HTK+ variant, but even the HTK will cost above 12 lakhs OTR post price increase. Other than pricing, HTK+ doesn't come with auto climate control. That was the only feature for which I would have plonked the extra money, but both HTK/HTK+ gets the same HVAC system i.e. manual. Other features like alloy wheels, cruise control, push-button start, auto-folding ORVMs, ambient lights etc are nice to have but not worth nearly 2 lakhs of the price difference between the two variants.
The HTK is very well loaded and one of the most VFM.

On the other hand, the missing ACC on the HTK+ is a crime.

Quote:
My original colour choice in the family was orange but the dealer was not willing to take booking of that colour citing availability reasons. The same thing was quoted for blue colour. I personally don't like orange but Anyways, we chose the evergreen red color.
Orange and Blue are low in demand. Hence KIA is manufacturing them less frequently leading to longer waiting periods. They are producing and promoting the fast moving colors.
These colors are like the Optional variants of Maruti cars! Persist with your SA and you will get it.

Quote:
As of now, I have only received a booking confirmation message with a reference number. What's next? Will I be able to track the status? How I will get to know that car has been allotted? What as a customer I need to do during waiting period?
AFAIK, the reference number is of no use. You can't track your car. Just keep in touch with your SA.

Last edited by ashis89 : 24th December 2019 at 21:57.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 22:04   #4515
BHPian

Don't know if this has been posted before or know, but took me few seconds to understand this.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191224_220311.jpg

Yes,its the cars number

Source
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (14) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed