Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:03   #586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
I now checked at West Delhi showroom and as per them

Can you please check if it is the same variant mix for the non GT line as well?

I am hoping that the 1.5 diesel will be available in top spec auto. If not good bye Kia.
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:03   #587
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

If the news is true, then it is indeed terrible news.

I think its because they announced that it would cost between 11-16 lakhs (ex-showroom) & it would have been impossible to cost the 1.4 Turbo + DCT + all these features within that range but then as a late entrant Kia should have taken a risk for first 10k bookings may be. Now with MG success, they would be all the more under stress to keep it lower than MG range cos size wise its also much smaller.

They should have delayed the GT release to get the initial momentum going & then release the GT much later when the masses might be acceptable to paying a premium for these features + engine + gearbox combination.

My only hope now is that the Diesel Top version comes with both Automatic & all these features. I dont mind replacing the 1.4 turbo petrol cos the Diesel torque (better mileage too) should make up for it but the automatic & features cannot be compromised.
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:15   #588
Senior - BHPian

I don't mind sacrificing 2 inch of headroom in Seltos as compared with Creta, as there is already excess head room. In fact, this would reduce the body roll on turns and wind resistance in cross winds. Only large turban wearing brothers may feel the lack of headroom.

So far, happy with the way things are shaping up. I am curious about the lower versions as well, which features manage to hold their ground as we go down the versions.

I don't remember any Hyundai petrol engine (except maybe Santro's) to be hailed as good for mileage as compared with rivals. So frankly not looking at the 1.5L petrol/1.4L turbo petrol etc but rather primarily interested in the 1.5L diesel auto.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:28   #589
BHPian

Quote:
I think its because they announced that it would cost between 11-16 lakhs (ex-showroom) & it would have been impossible to cost the 1.4 Turbo + DCT + all these features within that range but then as a late entrant Kia should have taken a risk for first 10k bookings may be.
I agree with you. It should have been a full fledged offering as there are customers like me who see value in all the goodies on offer alongwith better Engine and torque figures. If Kia is not giving all these features in AT then it's a terrible terrible news. Who wants to drive MT these days? Look at Hector...70% bookings for AT's.

I also feel that SA at various dealerships i have spoken to are clueless themselves as to whats coming and whats not coming.
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:33   #590
BHPian

Quote:
I now checked at West Delhi showroom and as per the these features are only available in Top Spec GT Line MT and DCT is available in one variant below MT variant with these missing features. For me this is going to be a deal breaker. Weird thinking by Kia
Was hoping Kia would not do this mistake. The interiors 360 view shows sunroof in the Techline with auto tranny however, for GT Line, the interiors shows manual transmission.

Last edited by akhil_rpmlover : 2nd July 2019 at 14:34.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:38   #591
BHPian

Quote:

1. Sunroof
2. Blind Spot Monitor
3. Bose sound system
4. Heads up display
5. Ventilated seats
5. 360 degree camera

These features are only available in Top Spec GT Line MT and DCT is available in one variant below MT variant with these missing features. For me this is going to be a deal breaker. Weird thinking by Kia
This is frustrating if true! Why do car-makers shy away from a full-fledged top trim Automatic?
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:40   #592
BHPian

Quote:

1. Sunroof
2. Blind Spot Monitor
3. Bose sound system
4. Heads up display
5. Ventilated seats
5. 360 degree camera

These features are only available in Top Spec GT Line MT and DCT is available in one variant below MT variant with these missing features. For me this is going to be a deal breaker. Weird thinking by Kia
So, what I was wanting to know several days back on this forum has been answered. Kia is going the Hyundai way indeed(I was hoping they don't). Very frustrating indeed.
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:45   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
This is frustrating if true! Why do car-makers shy away from a full-fledged top trim Automatic?
Only reason could be the price factor. A fully loaded Automatic definitely costs a lakh or two more than their manual top variant. Hope they are holding it back to follow an 'aggressive price strategy' and launch it at a later point of time.
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:50   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBoy View Post
Only reason could be the price factor. A fully loaded Automatic definitely costs a lakh or two more than their manual top variant. Hope they are holding it back to follow an 'aggressive price strategy' and launch it at a later point of time.
I don't remember when this strategy has paid off. As someone mentioned above, look at Hector DCT bookings.
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:53   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBoy View Post
Probably. But an additional upper trim won't impact the starting price anyway!
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:57   #596
Distinguished - BHPian

Relax guys, check this pic which i had posted earlier, this GT line is an automatic and has an sunroof;

Best to wait, than to get disappointed / excited with ever post which may have information/mis-information.

karan561 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:58   #597
BHPian

Guys, please sit back and relax. Don't lose your sleep or hope just about every other hour or day. We are still a long way from launch (price reveal).

1). All these are still speculations and Half truths. Nothing is confirmed news. People attending training are just doing that. Attending training. They will have only marginal information and not full. Lots of speculations will happen.
2). Whether you want it or not, KIA is going to carpet bomb cars of every possible combination/transmission. Unlike MG/TATA they will be ready with all their transmissions from DAY 1 including AUTO.
3). KIA is primarily going to target the untouched/Undisputed champion Creta. So they are definitely not going to follow Hyundai plans to the T.
4). If at all any 1/2 combination is not present at Day 1, don't worry they will quickly correct it. Remember, they don't have any production line constraints like how Hyundai have and they can definitely cater to niche sections particular about variants.

Make no mistake, KIA is the biggest spectacle Indian car industry is going to see this year. In fact not just 2019, but the biggest in the last 2-3 years including Jeep Compass launch. MG might have surprised at pricing, but they just cannot match the sheer audacity of ambitiousness that KIA is bringing to our industry. Please relax and be more patient.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd July 2019 at 08:11. Reason: Post fixed; typo
RaghuVis is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 15:06   #598
BHPian

Quote:

1. Sunroof
2. Blind Spot Monitor
3. Bose sound system
4. Heads up display
5. Ventilated seats
5. 360 degree camera

If this is true, I might look at Hyundai Venue which will help me save some lacs and would rather go for it.
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 15:14   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Some pics coming in from a recent dealer meet;
Attachment 1887188
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Relax guys, check this pic which i had posted earlier, this GT line is an automatic and has an sunroof;
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot-76.jpg

Karan has a point here. Sunroof is there. Also, notice the DCT picture that Karan posted and the Tech line interiors screenshot from website. The button in the shaded green circle is missing in the Techline, but present in the DCT. I sure do hope its there. Let us just hope for the best.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 15:19   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Best to wait, than to get disappointed / excited with ever post which may have information/mis-information.

But, Are you sure the pic you posted above is going to be the final production variant? I sincerely hope they offer everything in DCT Top end else i can only curse Kia for ruining my plans.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks