Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2019, 14:57   #706
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Attached is one of the pic uploaded by a fellow BHPian of Seltos and we can clearly see the “Auto” badge and also the 360 d camera. You would see a slight bulge underneath the ORVM. Also, in the attached features list GTX DCT variant doesn’t get this feature. What should we imply here? Are we getting DCT in GTX+ variant?

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-6a445e7d24294802adcf3605674c89c9.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-55d7110b781b4ee8bfb5472314fa6f53.jpeg
NAVREVV is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 17:04   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
The sales guy ( Regith ) from Incheon Kia has got back from Bengaluru after training.
Official booking opens : July 16
Car roll out from factory : July 31
Product unveil & Dealership inauguration : August 3
Test drive starts : August 3
Price announcement : August 22

Variants
Smart stream G 1.5 L Petrol : HTE, HTK, HTK+
Smart stream 1.5 L Petrol IVT : HTX only
1.5 L CRDI VGT :HTE, HTK, HTK+, HTX, HTX+
1.5 L CRDI Automatic 6 speed : HTK+, HTX+
1.4 GT line : GTK, GTX, GTX+
1.4 GT DCT : GTX only
Good that someone from cochin is interested. I too am interested in the DCT version, wont care much for the top end. Diesel will be a strong contender. Please pm your contact no. I tried to contact Incheon, but could not get through. I am really interested in booking one if the TD goes well and the pricing is below 22L OTR.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 20:03   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Attached is one of the pic uploaded by a fellow BHPian of Seltos and we can clearly see the “Auto” badge and also the 360 d camera. You would see a slight bulge underneath the ORVM. Also, in the attached features list GTX DCT variant doesn’t get this feature. What should we imply here? Are we getting DCT in GTX+ variant?
Sorry, how do you determine its a petrol vehicle? Diesel auto has top trim as per current info.

I also spoke to JSP Kia in BLR yesterday. The guy confirmed no dct in gtx+.
Logan2007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 20:06   #709
BHPian

If I'm not wrong, a curious look at the Venue DCT (SX#) vs MT (SX-O) for the 1L TGDI. The only features from SX(O) missing in SX# DCT are :

- Side & Curtain Airbags
- 60:40 Rear Seat split
- Sliding Front Armrest
- Rear Center Armrest with Cup Holder
- Rear washer & wiper

There is no reason for any correlation, but probability of a similar pattern (not same) can't be ruled out.

From my chats with a couple of the KIA sales guys, the features (from top end 1.4L MT) that might be missing in the 1.4L DCT would be the Bose Speakers,Sunroof,Powered driver seats.

Can't believe it totally but it surely adds to more confusion.

Old 7th July 2019, 21:21   #710
BHPian

I was very excited with this launch especially all the gearbox and engine options. Finally I had thought I will get my dream car. Which is an SUV not too big for city and not too small as a Creta with automatic options. But this news of top end not having DCT in Petrol has certainly put me off. Considering future of diesel is shaky. I just hope there is more clarity on diesel engines soon post BS6.

Last edited by SDP : 8th July 2019 at 06:12. Reason: Typo
suchit23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 23:21   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Attached is one of the pic uploaded by a fellow BHPian of Seltos and we can clearly see the “Auto” badge and also the 360 d camera.
Attachment 1891124
As suspected by most members, myself included, Kia has followed the Hyundai template of shortchanging the top end Automatic Petrol version GTX of the Seltos vis-a-vis its manual counterpart GTX+ if the above attachment is true.

I pray they release a limited version GTX+ Auto DCT during Diwali with all features included in the manual version.
Old 7th July 2019, 23:39   #712
BHPian

Quote:
I guess you're referring to the picture I've posted earlier. Like I mentioned in the earlier post, this was one of the cars that were in the training at Bengaluru. My dealer friend says there is a possibility that the cars in the training were kind of "mixed" in their respective variants, as in, to get a feel of every feature across the variants. Nobody is sure about this. As far as I know, even the trainer himself is unsure about the DCT GTX+.

There is a wee bit of hope that Kia might launch the GTX+ DCT. But, one thing which is intriguing me is, why would they omit that information during the training.

Even if they launch the GTX+ after a month or two, they will still miss a lot of customers and get the criticism for not launching one at launch. Being a new entrant, they need to get everything right. Infact I guess everything was going well for them, until the lack of GTX+ DCT info popped up. All we can do now is to hope !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
Sorry, how do you determine its a petrol vehicle? Diesel auto has top trim as per current info.
Notice those red stripes. Only the GT line gets the red stripe.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 23:49   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
As suspected by most members, myself included, Kia has followed the Hyundai template of shortchanging the top end Automatic Petrol version GTX of the Seltos vis-a-vis its manual counterpart GTX+ if the above attachment is true.

I pray they release a limited version GTX+ Auto DCT during Diwali with all features included in the manual version.
I would hope against hope for this as well. The alternative for me would be to get the GTX DCT and then add parking camera as an aftermarket accessory.

What blows my mind is how can Kia give HUD (super luxury item) and not parking camera/sensors (basic need for everyday driving). I hope they correct this gap pretty quickly.
panamera13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 07:57   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
I would hope against hope for this as well. The alternative for me would be to get the GTX DCT and then add parking camera as an aftermarket accessory.
But still you would be missing out on Bose speakers which would be a good addition to have when you are already paying so much.

Why I do not like Creta is because of its mediocre music system. Good music goes a long way when you are spending hours in your car.

It would be a mindless thinking if Kia doesn’t give DCT in GTX+
NAVREVV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 08:01   #715
Senior - BHPian

Will this be undercutting the Creta as far as price is concerned? Or are we staring at some premium pricing?

I was interested in the Creta 1.4 ( the lower variant at the moment) , so should I even wait for the Seltos?
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 08:09   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post

The tentative feature list has sure got everyone confused. I strongly believe that the top spec will not be available in DCT. This will be to keep the entry cost down and will help in footfalls. Also Kia may just listen to their customers and will have a top spec version down the lane and they just may add a panoramic sunroof in the future.

I guess everyone is confused with the 360 degree camera. I am sure the DCT ie GTX will have reverse parking sensors( they are mandatory now) and a reverse camera. Only variants with the 360 camera will get front parking sensors.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 08:14   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Will this be undercutting the Creta as far as price is concerned? Or are we staring at some premium pricing?

I was interested in the Creta 1.4 ( the lower variant at the moment) , so should I even wait for the Seltos?
I do not think that Seltos will undercut Creta in any way rather it will be priced at a premium though not by much IMO. You should definitely wait for the Seltos because it currently seems a better offering than Creta (-ASS) with all that’s on offer.

Last edited by NAVREVV : 8th July 2019 at 08:16.
Old 8th July 2019, 09:07   #718
BHPian

Quote:

The car will definently try to undercut with their introductory prices. During the interview during their unviel (autocarindia) Kia expects 30,000 units of Kia Seltos to be sold in the remaining part of 2019 i.e. 22nd August to December. They will have an attractive pricing strategy as the car is fully localized.

Some journalists from other YouTube channels have quotes that "Kia has promised that the pricing will surprise us" Definently the MG hector, having a bigger engine, being a bigger car and having alot of segment top features might indicate Kia Seltos price.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 09:13   #719
BHPian

Quote:

For the price of 1.4 S Creta you can perhaps get a base 1.5 diesel or mid 1.5 petrol Seltos.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 10:47   #720
BHPian

Quote:

Wait for two more months. I have a feeling they will price the base and mid variants extremely competitive at least in the beginning. They will definitely increase the prices over the time, like Hyundai has been doing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks