Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2019, 14:15   #796
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
The Korean Seltos interior looks a lot more classier and upmarket compared to the Indian version.

Oh my, you cant say looks are subjective looking at these two images. The korean version without a doubt looks much more posh.
sandhyab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 14:26   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
I personally feel Kia has done a wonderful job to provide what's actually needed.
Agree those features are not necessary, but what about giving Indian customers a true premium cabin experience when Kia claim everything is premium. Why different standards in different countries for the interior? Don't understand how much cost saving achieved by grading down the interiors.
Old 11th July 2019, 14:31   #798
BHPian

Seeing what Korean Seltos has to offer, i feel like banging my head! These outdated interiors (Esp-Auto AC) look shoddy to be honest. I somehow regard VW in this sense, atleast they provide No-Nonsense cabins to their customers.
Old 11th July 2019, 14:49   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Agree those features are not necessary, but what about giving Indian customers a true premium cabin experience when Kia claim everything is premium. Why different standards in different countries for the interior? Don't understand how much cost saving achieved by grading down the interiors.
It is all about the manufacturing process used for the interior trims: Injection Molding. The Korean version has basically the same form as the Indian one but has heavy use of two-shot molding and soft touch/leather over wraps. The tool designs required to implement these techniques are significantly more complex and hence more $$$.

In my experience, Korean tool makers and molders are light years ahead of Indian molders in terms of technology. What is a routine requirement for a Korean molder is usually an extreme requirement for an Indian one and will usually have an extreme cost involved. This is one of the side effects of localizing in India. Requirements need to be watered down to keep costs in check.
yd_gli is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 17:06   #800
BANNED

Now everyone is up in arms against Kia for not providing few things like Ventilated seats, Bose speakers and 360 degree camera! Can we at least appreciate them for giving 6 airbags for the automatic versions unlike Creta and Venue and not even proper automatics like in Brezza, XUV 300, Duster and not even auto box for S-Cross.

I'm sure Kia will bring out the features later if the customers like the launch price. As a new entrant one can't blame them for playing it safe and trying to keep the sticker price low. I can live with all the missing features, give me the safest possible combination with a decent engine. Only Ecosport gave such a thing, but I didn't like how it drives and its on its last leg.

There are more than enough to like about Seltos to forgive few niceties. And is there something called a perfect car? If there was something like that possible, there would have been only one variant of each car/SUV selling. Different people will have different priorities. If someone wants features that are seen in luxury cars, just buy a luxury car, why single out Kia which in my opinion has done a good job. You don't go to Goa and expect it to be like Bora Bora, Tahiti, do you?
The Rationalist is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 18:10   #801
BHPian

Had a talk with a dealer for a test drive and he mentioned that the cars are expected to reach by the end of this month. I asked him which engine options will come and he seemed a little puzzled and confused, he informed saying the information from Kia is not clear to the dealers yet but cars arriving this month is confirmed.
Old 11th July 2019, 19:20   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Had a talk with a dealer for a test drive and he mentioned that the cars are expected to reach by the end of this month. I asked him which engine options will come and he seemed a little puzzled and confused, he informed saying the information from Kia is not clear to the dealers yet but cars arriving this month is confirmed.
I guess we all should just wait and watch.

First it was mid July TD, now July end. The dealers don't know anything because even Kia doesn't know much as of now. They did a soft launch to keep us interested because of other car launches and now we're just playing the waiting game.
Old 11th July 2019, 20:18   #803
BHPian

SA here in Ahmedabad told me that car would be available for display on 16th July. Haven't yet spoken on TD dates. I'm planning to visit showroom on 16th to get a feel about quality and features. Hope for the best.
Old 11th July 2019, 22:50   #804
BHPian

While I do agree with the overall sentiment of the South Korean version of the Seltos looking more posh than the Indian one, our judgement should be based off of Kia's competition in India.
Is the Seltos better than the competition, more premium? Initial impressions tell me that it is.

Indian buyers will always be shortchanged when it comes to new/premium features. The taxes on automobiles is ridiculously high and to keep the final cost in an affordable range, companies always look to cut corners on materials used, features and safety.

BMW, Audi, Volvo owners in India don't get some of the features offered abroad for half the price.
The Indian automotive market is definitely changing, people want more premium features and now focus on safety, something we never did a few years back.

The Seltos still looks promising, if its priced right, I see it beating Creta in sales. I am waiting for the car, can it offer a premium feel in the 11-20 lakh range?
Vedant Gupta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 02:41   #805
Senior - BHPian

I literally booked the car for the Bose stereo, vented seats and other gizmos. If i cant get that in Petrol DCT I might have to cancel my booking.

I can't believe they are doing this. Diesel is no longer an option and we are choosing this over the Kona or Compass. It's depressing that manufacturers with huge budgets and years of product planning get this so wrong.

I'd rather buy a used X1 or maybe grab a discounted V40 than choose a varient with lesser creature comforts.

Last edited by quickdraw : 12th July 2019 at 02:45.
Old 12th July 2019, 06:16   #806
BHPian

Seems like the GT line will be dual tone with beige leather seats, but ribbed (compared to a different pattern in the HT line) and not black. I dont know how the non ventillated leather of the GTX would look like. Attached are the shots form the website. Seat backs of the GT would be some dull grey, as seen in the website

GT Line
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot-20190712-06.02.22.png
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot-20190712-06.11.52.png

HT Line
[ATTACH=Screenshot 20190712 at 06.04.57.png]The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot-20190712-06.12.37.png[/ATTACH]

Refer Website for more views
https://www.kia.com/in/our-vehicles/...RoCkLoQAvD_BwE
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot-20190712-06.04.57.png  

sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 06:39   #807
BHPian

Features List

Source: Youtube/Car news By Rishabh Arora
Credit: Pawan Vidhani

Sadly the worse case scenario is true; GTX is missing out on the features everyone was looking forward to including me.

Name:  kia1.PNG
Views: 3937
Size:  328.1 KB

Name:  Kia2.PNG
Views: 3947
Size:  423.6 KB

Name:  Kia3.PNG
Views: 3884
Size:  423.1 KB
panamera13 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 08:57   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Features List

Source: Youtube/Car news By Rishabh Arora
Credit: Pawan Vidhani

Sadly the worse case scenario is true; GTX is missing out on the features everyone was looking forward to including me.
I was first planning for HTX+ auto but it only provides 2 airbags and the engine seem underpowered. I rather settle for GTX+ manual. Even 2020 creta will be having the same issues of varients.
Old 12th July 2019, 09:49   #809
BHPian

Quote:
I was first planning for HTX+ auto but it only provides 2 airbags and the engine seem underpowered. I rather settle for GTX+ manual. Even 2020 creta will be having the same issues of varients.
Same thought. Initially, I’d also thought that I would settle for HTX+ but with a lethargic Torque converter and only 115 bhp makes no sense to plonk 20 odd Lacs on this. I would rather wait and watch. Hindsight, did they have problem offering DCT in Diesel?

Last edited by NAVREVV : 12th July 2019 at 09:51.
NAVREVV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 09:54   #810
BHPian

City - Dealer - Location
  • Ahmedabad - Supernova Automobiles - Behind Rajpath Club, Bodakdev, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
  • Aurangabad - Ajinkya Autowheels - Seven Hills, Kohli Shopping Complex, Aurangabad, Maharashtra
  • Bengaluru - PPS Kia - Near RV College of Engineering, Mysore Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka
    JSP Kia - Hosur Road, Opp Pillar No. 118, Bengaluru, Karnataka
    JSP Kia - Marathahalli, Outer Ring Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka
  • Belgaum - Nagshanti Kia - Udyambag, Angol Industrial Estate, Belgaum, Karnataka
  • Chandigarh - Joshi Kia Plot No. 16, Industrial Area Phase I, Chandigarh
  • Chennai - S.B.M Motors - Mount Poonamalle High Rd, Audco Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
    Kun Kia - Anna Nagar West, Anna Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
  • Delhi NCR - Sparsh Autotech - Moti Nagar, New Delhi
    Frontier Kia - Delta Square, Mehrauli-Gurgaon Rd, Gurugram, Haryana
    Allied Motors - Noida, NCR, UP
  • Gutkar - Sant Autocraft Kia - Near SPG Nissan, NH 21, Gutkar, Ota, Himachal Pradesh
  • Guwahati - Meridian Motors - Sarusajai, Guwahati, Assam
  • Hyderabad - Kia Motors - Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana
  • Jaipur - Rajesh Motors - VKI Road 2, Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Rajesh Motors - Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan
  • Kerala - Alyson Kia - Opposite Tata showroom, Kizhunna Nadal, Kannur, Kerala
    Alyson Kia - Calicut, Kannur Rd. Kerala
    Alyson Kia - Near Tata showroom, Tirurkad, Malappuram, Kerala
    Incheon Kia - Kozhikode, Palakkad, Kerala
  • Kolkata - Celica Kia Motors Bankra, Howrah, Kolkata, West Bengal
    Celica Kia Motors - Sector V, Bidhannagar, Kolkata, West Bengal
  • Kanpur - Shree ASR Motocorp KIA - Fazalganj, Darshan Purwa, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
    Shree ASR Motocorp KIA - Mall Road, Downtown, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
  • Latur - Ajinkya Autowheels - Near Bidwe Engineering College, Barshi Road, Latur, Maharashtra
  • Lucknow - Balaji Motors - Near Chandan Hospital, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
  • Ludhiana - Dada Motors Kia - Industrial Area C, Dhandari Kalan, Ludhiana, Punjab
  • Mumbai - Navnit Motors - Chitalsar, Thane West, Thane, Maharashtra
  • Nashik - Khushi Cars - Trimbak Naka, Police Staff Colony, Nashik, Maharashtra
  • Nellore - Hoshi Kia - Sujathamma Colony, Nellore, Andhra Pradesh
  • Patna - Amar Jyoti Kia - Pandey Plaza, Exhibition Rd, Golambar, Patna, Bihar
  • Pune Kothari Group- Crystal Auto Kia - Baner, Pune, Maharashtra
  • Tirupati - Hoshi Kia - SV Auto Nagar, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
  • Udaipur - Rajesh Motors - Sector 6, Udaipur, Rajasthan

Disclaimer: The dealership location list below has been compiled and verified by Autocar India. The official list of Kia dealers will be available on the brand’s website in the coming days.

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 12th July 2019 at 10:12.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks