Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2019, 17:24   #886
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Lower variants get this lighting setup

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190715172305_youtube.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th July 2019 at 19:59. Reason: varients > variants
momsonlydriver is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 17:27   #887
BHPian

Carwale first drive report, felt more detailed and comprehensive compared to ACI's.

https://www.carwale.com/kia-cars/sel...t-look-review/
Old 15th July 2019, 17:33   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
He shared specs and feature sheet. I havent seen this one in the forum.
This just adds more to the confusion

1. No 6 air bags in HTX+ (which is the diesel top end)
2. No drive modes in either HTX+ or GTX+
3. No UV cut glass in HTX+ but is there is HTK
4. NO BA, HA, ESP & VSM in HTX+

I am
Either this sheet has lot of typo errors or KIA management is also bonkers like Hyundai

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th July 2019 at 17:48. Reason: quote fixed
octane_100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 17:48   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Just got a call from Kia Baner. The sales person asked me not to wait for booking option online as there will a small deduction in case one cancels the booking and instead do NEFT. I am looking at the base Variant as i dont need too many features. He shared specs and feature sheet. I havent seen this one in the forum.

Apologies if the same has been already uploaded somewhere.
Thanks, this is good summary even if not official.
What's with the poorish distribution of safety features with only gtx and gtx+ getting road grip control, 6 airbags, brake assist, hill assist, esp and vsm?

So it's a toss between htx+ and gtx for me. Now onto the prices!
Old 15th July 2019, 18:04   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
This just adds more to the confusion

Either this sheet has lot of typo errors or KIA management is also bonkers like Hyundai
Nope, this looks official and more or less confirms the speculations. And it's not typo, simply bonkers!

The GTX+ misses out only four features discounting the back pocket for front seat

1. Electric Seat Adjustment
2. Road Grip Control
3. Multidrive Mode Select

and most importantly

4. The DCT
X-Factor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 19:17   #891
BHPian

So as per car wale, the top end GTX+ doesn't even get the drive modes. What is Kia management smoking?

After going through most of the reviews, why i feel that each variant will lack something or the other. This includes top end as well for which they are indeed going to charge premium from us.

Hugely disappointed.
NAVREVV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 19:25   #892
Senior - BHPian

I think Kia has hired a Person from Hyundai who made Creta successful. I think this is the sole reason why one variant gets a feature that other doesn't.

I for one will have to compromise on some feature if I opt for any variant.

For Ex - Petrol doesn't have powered seat, Diesel doesn't have Heads up Display, Petrol Manual has Ventilated Seats, but only Automatic has Multi Drive Modes.

Diesel doesn't get 360 Camera, only Petrol Manual gets one, Diesel doesn't even get Auto Wipers, only Petrol gets them. The faults go on and on. Quite Weird Strategy.

I was actually looking forward to this car, but only competitive pricing will be bringing me back to this car. I want an Automatic , both Petrol & Diesel are ok. But, if 1.4 Petrol & 1.5 Diesel are priced similar (Difference of under 20-30k), I'll choose Diesel AT, and have to live with just 2 Airbags, in such an expensive car.

Tomorrow we should get to know everything.
CarguyNish is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 19:33   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Tomorrow we should get to know everything.
Are they going to reveal the feature list tomorrow?
Old 15th July 2019, 19:35   #894
BHPian

No six airbags in any of the Diesel variants? This is even worse compared to what Hyundai did with Creta. Striking the car off the list even before the prices are announced!

There is nothing in the car that recommends a buy! The Creta is overall a better package in Diesel. There are too many confusing variants with wierd names here! One cannot get the best of the car even if he buys the most expensive variant.

I had high hopes for KIA, and their 'Value Premium' tag line, and expected German standards in a reliable package, but this is just Hyundai 2.0.

Last edited by Aditya_Bhp : 15th July 2019 at 19:39.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 19:52   #895
BHPian

Okay folks, Here is the official feature list received from a Kia rep. Have a look and decide what you want to do. Good Luck!

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-112e1b2ab3de4007b646117bab8762fc.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-2aa59c33bde64ceca12ead23549acdf9.jpeg
NAVREVV is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 19:54   #896
BHPian

Got this picture through WhatsApp. Somewhat confirms whatever was mentioned in the previous list that was posted today.

Can't figure out what Kia is trying to achieve here. I for one was absolutely excited since the unveil last month, thinking Kia is ensuring that they do everything right. Seeing that Diesels don't get 6 airbags is really bad. I was okay with not having the sunroof but six airbags were a necessity. What is the whole point of calling HTX+ a top end then. Even cars a segment below now gets six airbags. I haven't come across such a complicated variant list. I guess the Creta has a much better variant list than Seltos.

Unfortunately, Manohar Bhat is not present in Twitter, initally thought to send him a message
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190715wa0005.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190715wa0006.jpg  

Last edited by akhil_rpmlover : 15th July 2019 at 20:17.
akhil_rpmlover is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 19:56   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Just got a call from Kia Baner. The sales person asked me not to wait for booking option online as there will a small deduction in case one cancels the booking and instead do NEFT. I am looking at the base Variant as i dont need too many features. He shared specs and feature sheet. I havent seen this one in the forum.

Apologies if the same has been already uploaded somewhere.

Genius! Who is in God's good name has come with up this variant/spec sheet? 9 out of 10 buyers walking into a showrooms will have no idea on what variant to get after having a look at that spec sheet. It's a nightmare to look at. A lot of buyers are going to disappointed that their car doesn't have feature X which they assumed it would have during the buying process. Fitting that sheet on a brochure will be another genius task I think!
Also, the whole online booking cancellation deduction is probably hogwash. It's probably to prevent you from going to another dealer after the deposit has been made.
Old 15th July 2019, 20:22   #898
BHPian

Final list of missing features in GTX (DCT) Vs HTX+

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-capture.jpg
NAVREVV is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 20:35   #899
BHPian

I think Kia has done good market research and understood what will sell more in India. Remember team-bhp is not a good sample for the car buying population in India. With such a confused feature list among variants, customers can't make an easy price comparison between variants. Also it gives Kia a chance to launch the car at lower price points. Later with each feature added, they sure will increase the price. This is what I feel.
sreerknair is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 20:47   #900
BANNED

None of the Diesel engine gets 6 airbags, front and rear parking sensors or rain sensing wipers, or a 360 camera, or a heads up display.

So much for Kia being a "premium offering", and it being the messiah when it comes to feature loaded cars, and giving people the choice as to a fully loaded top end for those who want to spend money.

I know GTO told me to stay away from this thread, but couldnt resist this.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th July 2019 at 21:33. Reason: vipers > wipers.
simeonovitch is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks