Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2019, 09:00   #931
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

I will delay my purchase and would rather wait and see what Honda does with HRV/Vezel.
NAVREVV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 09:01   #932
BHPian

I was following this launch till a week back. Now, when i come back to this thread after a week, a lot has happened in between. Variant mix is the only topic that is being discussed in the last few pages. I went through all the posts, leaks, variant tables, variant analysis and everything that has been posted here and i must accept that i cannot recall which variant gets what

Kia has successfully managed to create such a big confusion that aam junta will never be able to compare this with any other car, variant to variant. Gone are the simpler Lx/Vx/Zx days when the variant name spoke for itself and the different fuel counterparts were treated equally with respect to feature distribution. I am 100% sure that there will be many goof-ups by sales advisor's as well. I must say that Kia has successfully beaten Hyundai as well. Hats off to the product planner who would have come up with this feature spread.

I feel pity for the people working on the assembly line. They will have a hard time remembering what to assemble where
tarik.arora is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 09:05   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
I am 100% sure that there will be many goof-ups by sales advisor's as well. Hats off to the product planner who would have come up with this feature spread.
This will also help sales advisors lie to customers to clear the stock available with them.
KL01toKA03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 09:15   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhyab View Post
Is there any car in this range which has these modes in manual transmission which is anything other than just a gimmick?
I wouldn't call them gimmick. You can feel the difference between modes and they are nice to have. I think XUV300 (which is a segment below) comes with some sort of drive modes.
Old 16th July 2019, 09:23   #935
BHPian

Two full page advertisements in today’s TOI.

They are busy highlighting their First in segment, Best in segment, First in world (haha), First in India features.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-2da0a56a28e545c7aa00b41afacb5bb6.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-c85048117b2546a1b52082fd7777a2f6.jpeg

Last edited by NAVREVV : 16th July 2019 at 09:24.
Old 16th July 2019, 09:28   #936
Distinguished - BHPian

Tried the Kia pre=booking website, god it is so slow and buggy. There is a lot of lag and some screens just freeze. Cell # verification via OTP is next to impossible, since the OTP sms never arrives for 5 minutes and even then it says wrong OTP!

Somehow, I finally came to the payment page after 20 minutes of trying and it crashed. What a shame,

MG did a much better job althouugh its booking website was also fairly buggy. I wish automakers would properly test their web booking pages, with so many biugs they lose a lot of customers and make a very poor first impression in terms of their level of organization and process.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 16th July 2019 at 09:31.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 09:33   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Tried the Kia pre=booking website, god it is so slow and buggy. There is a lot of lag and some screens just freeze. Cell # verification via OTP is next to impossible, since the OTP sms never arrives for 5 minutes and even then it says wrong OTP!

Somehow, I finally came to the payment page after 20 minutes of trying and it crashed
Same, I tried 5 times. First OTP took ages to come and when it came, it says OTP is invalid. lol Didn’t bother doing it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRanger View Post
What actually do they mean by these 'o' s? I see big 'O's and small 'o's. Does it mean optional, or standard or anything inbetween
Bigger ‘O’s mean, it’s a standard fitment across variants.

Last edited by Eddy : 16th July 2019 at 11:00. Reason: Please do not type back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. Use the edit option. Thanks.
NAVREVV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 09:48   #938
BHPian

Thats one 'badass' website , does not load, does not crash ...stays in neutral.
mazda4life is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 09:50   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
NCAP 0/5 - Crashed all of our dreams & expectations with that variant list.
You have hit the nail on the head. Can't put it forward in a better way.
lovesujay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 09:52   #940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
However I am worried that they might still get enough bookings considering its quite loaded even with the misses and just might not care.
I'm quite certain the the GTX+ won't. Nobody in their right minds will spend close to 20 for a manual gearbox or just 2 airbags. Higher varients is more margin for the company they don't make as much money on the cheaper ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
I did consider the same . The atitude of the dealers is strange as well and they are not worried about bookings being cancelled.
I disagree, the auto market is in the dumps and not really so many people dying to buy a 20 lakh rupee car. We should vote with our wallets and let it be known that there was a customer that they lost instead of not doing anything at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
I will delay my purchase and would rather wait and see what Honda does with HRV/Vezel.
As I've noticed you've been at the forefront of all the news and discussions on this. I urge you to book and cancel your booking citing the reason so it helps get the message across.
quickdraw is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 09:53   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Okay folks, Here is the official feature list received from a Kia rep. Have a look and decide what you want to do. Good Luck!

Attachment 1894710

Attachment 1894711
It is funny to see that this list is different from what the kia reps have been sharing as a constant update . Per the reps they were calling out that everything will be available in diesel auto however per this list, even that is not true.
Old 16th July 2019, 09:55   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I wish automakers would properly test their web booking pages, with so many biugs they lose a lot of customers and make a very poor first impression in terms of their level of organization and process.
I think they are fairly organised otherwise. My first experience with Nexa when it was launched was a disaster. The Nexa guys were full of false pride and was ready to ride the Maruti wave with huge success for the S cross, which unfortunately did not happen.

With reference to the pictures and videos seen in the media drive, seems like the GT line 1.4 DCT will miss the 10.9 inch screen and will be a standard 8 inch screen as seen in the aci and carwale pictures.

Last edited by sandygordon : 16th July 2019 at 10:10.
Old 16th July 2019, 10:28   #943
BHPian

I went ahead and pre-booked with 25k. But yet to get a confirmation email or sms after 3 hours.

Ended up messaging the SA at jsp Orr who promised to check and get back.

The website is super buggy as others experienced.
Old 16th July 2019, 10:58   #944
BHPian

Those having issues with online booking - please stop! Book it offline instead. In my case, the payment went through but the booking failed. Going by razorpay acknowledgement, the booking has gone to Ajinkya Autowheels Aurangabad instead of Crystal Auto Baner.

Edit:- Booking confirmed and has really gone to Ajinkya Autowheels Aurangabad. What a way to begin my day and what an experience with KIA. I am not gonna lose my sleep over this as the booking has gone somewhere at least. KIA ne yeh kya KIA.

Last edited by SmartCat : 16th July 2019 at 20:18. Reason: Rephrased
Old 16th July 2019, 11:06   #945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
It is funny to see that this list is different from what the kia reps have been sharing as a constant update . Per the reps they were calling out that everything will be available in diesel auto however per this list, even that is not true.
That is true. I was under the impression that the top end Diesel AT will have all features expect the 'Head Up Display'. I will confirm this once again with the salesperson who was in touch with me.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks