Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2019, 11:09   #946
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukund View Post
No, it was a large tic-tac-toe game being played by 3 people. One chose a O, one chose a small o and the last guy picked a -. (Whatever happened with the traditional x eh). Turns out, that sheet was used it to equip variants.
And here we are, lesser mortals wondering what they were up to, with these messed up variants.
I guess you are right. Seems like this feature list needs us to play this game with a crooked line for winning (buying). Else all buyers are going to end losing one thing or another.

The car looks good, engines seems good, pricing hopefully will be good, but how to choose a variant is troublesome. Seems like a better option would be to list the important requirements you need, look only those in each variants , choose which gets the most ticks and forget the rest.
Because of this confusion, can't even compare between variants to check if the pricing is reasonable.

Wonder how the sales guys will keep up to customers confusion.
RideRanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 11:43   #947
BHPian

If the variant-feature list is supposedly true, the only sense I can derive is that KIA is banking on below factors for which they would have done some market analysis (hopefully)
1) Sticker price is the most driving factor for sales in India.
2) Automatic is non negotiable. Hector booking number says it all.
3) There is only a minuscule of population wanting 'top end' with all bell and whistles

By offering such a mix of variants, they are ensuring low sticker price (yet to be seen), auto option with all engine options and 70-80% feature list in respective top end variants. While this may not be concern with say 90% of people, I would still love to have fully loaded top end.

I can't fathom how can they not offer 6 airbags in diesel. KIA compromising on safety features is unacceptable. I'm still ok to miss on some creature comforts but definitely not on safety.
LeoMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 11:50   #948
BHPian

Let down by the Website crashing or freezing. Then came the problem of OTP error. Finally, when it went through, a window pops up, to give advise about cancellation charges. Rs. 250/- seems to be a meager amount for 25k booking amount, which is 1% of the booking amount, but the rationale looks absurd.

We are pre booking a Car without knowing the specifications, variants, delivery schedule, price etc., and the Company wants the Customers to pay 1% cancellation charges. Advise from any Lawyers, in the Team-bhp?

Last edited by jaaz : 16th July 2019 at 11:52.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 11:52   #949
BHPian

I took the plunge and booked online. Thought I wanted to book GT+ Automatic but with news circulating that there is not AT in GT+ so, I book Diesel AT but there is every chance that I will cancel my booking like I did with Harrier when they did not launch the variant I was looking for.

It seems that Kia are going Hyundai's way but it would still be interesting to see what they launch with what they launch and when they decide to launch sometimes later this month.

It is evident that price is playing on their mind specially after the launch of Hector which can be termed as successful but it would have been better for them to stay true to Premium for Value tag which they are compromising with all that has been launched.

It could be that they have gauged the market mood with trivial but important leaks and would go with the feature list that captures public imagination. After all this has to be a successful launch (sales wise) to establish this new player in our market.
Old 16th July 2019, 11:59   #950
BHPian

I went ahead with the booking. I'm looking for a decent powered automatic car that's fully loaded with good speakers and still compact.

Very few options around. I don't know how manufacturers can screw up on the options in such a big way. I think MG is the only one recently that launched with everything but it is a little too big for me.

I'm still undecided on this but I'll keep the booking on for now. I booked the 1.4 Turbo AT. No options or colors to pick yet.
Old 16th July 2019, 12:02   #951
BHPian

Wait for the official confirmation on the list of variants. Take a look at the display vehicle and a TD before booking. I did go through the pain of OTP challenges and was at the last step of making payment, however better sense prevailed and I decided to wait rather than giving-in to this now and paying penalty for cancellation.

I still have hopes from the vehicle and at this stage waiting is the only sensible option I can think of. It is a matter of 2-3 weeks.

Last edited by navin : 16th July 2019 at 16:12. Reason: Few typos and changed sentence construction
LeoMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 12:21   #952
Senior - BHPian

Prototype testing review by NDTV Auto here.

Quoting bits from the article:

Quote:
1.4 litre GDI Petrol :

though the clutch is light, it has a fair bit of travel, so if you're stuck in traffic, you get a good workout for your calf muscles.

There is a bit of lag in power and anything under 1750 rpm needs a little waiting but the engine has a good mid-range.

The suspension though was on the softer side and there was a fair bit of movement in the cabin, as we drove over some of the bumps on the simulated track and it gave us a fair idea about the suspension travel too

What we expected here was a bit of steering feel, which you really do not get.
Quote:
1.5 litre diesel
Fuel economy figures on the diesel stand at 17.8 kmpl for the automatic (torque convertor) and 20.8 kmpl for the diesel and that's coming from a car that puts out 113 bhp and 250 Nm.

The 6-speed torque convertor works well too and yes, you have the option to go in for the automatic, though the gears play catch up every time you floor the accelerator. You really are left wanting for more power with the auto box and you wish it was better in sync. The NVH levels have been well managed too but just beyond 4500 rpm the noise seeps in and there's a rumble of the diesel engine that you hear.
Quote:
Interior :
The seats themselves are pretty good too but the addition of some side support for the thighs and even the back would have made it better. You also get a massive head up display, which gives you all the information you want, right from navigation to rpm levels to of course the speed and yes, you can adjust the HUD to your liking with a touch of a button on the infotainment system.
Quote:
Safety :
The Seltos gets 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, ESC, HAC, VSM and is built using advanced high strength steel (AHSS). It comes standard with 2 Airbags, ABS with EBD Additionally it gets front and rear parking sensors and blind view monitor.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 12:22   #953
Distinguished - BHPian

The booking site is finally working but still very buggy. After payment, you are thrown to a 404 error screen. There is not e-mail confirmation from Kia or the dealer although the payment has gone based on credit card transaction. Very unnerving indeed and I hope this is not an indication of how the customer experience is going to be with Kia.

Also, the booking process only asks one to choose between the 1.5 Petrol/1.5 Diesel/1.4 Petrol and also between Manual and Automatic and no further variant or color selections. MG's booking process was much more organized.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 12:28   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The booking site is finally working but still very buggy. After payment, you are thrown to a 404 error screen. There is not e-mail confirmation from Kia or the dealer although the payment has gone based on credit card transaction. Very unnerving indeed and I hope this is not an indication of how the customer experience is going to be with Kia.

Also, the booking process only asks one to choose between the 1.5 Petrol/1.5 Diesel/1.4 Petrol and also between Manual and Automatic and no further variant or color selections. MG's booking process was much more organized.
I finally see my booking in the website under my order section. It took too long per today's standards.

Any other updates on dates?
Old 16th July 2019, 12:49   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
I finally see my booking in the website under my order section. It took too long per today's standards.

Any other updates on dates?
Mine still hasn't updated yet. Lots of time for launch, so waiting to see the impressions and hoping for a test drive this month to figure out if I should keep the purchase.
Old 16th July 2019, 12:54   #956
BHPian

My booking is not working. Been trying since morning.
Just not receiving the OTP and I don't have any DnD on my number.
Old 16th July 2019, 12:57   #957
BHPian

Official advertisement on the Pre-booking
Old 16th July 2019, 13:01   #958
BHPian

I'm quite baffled by this. Why should anyone book before the prices are confirmed, the variants are confirmed and before taking a detailed test drive of the variant of choice. We haven't even seen the car in the flesh, so why do this?

Especially when there is so much information chaos in variants and their features.

Sure, I understand that by pre-booking you might get the car in your hands a few weeks earlier. However you are potentially going to hang on to the car for years so a few extra weeks is nothing. What's the tearing hurry?
ranjitnair77 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 13:11   #959
BHPian

Please help me in decoding this: Does GTX have a rear view camera or not. This is NOT mentioned anywhere in Kia’s literature.

For Creta, this a main feature that they showcase with pics on their website.

Name:  Kia2.png
Views: 3181
Size:  4.3 KB

Last edited by panamera13 : 16th July 2019 at 13:19.
Old 16th July 2019, 13:42   #960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post

I feel pity for the people working on the assembly line. They will have a hard time remembering what to assemble where
Not really; In India we buy standard products. Several countries allow tailor made trims based on customer demand and people do opt for trims based on their requirements.

Be assured, there will not be any confusion at the assemble line

But as a buyer, we will continue to scratch our heads while deciding the trim! I am already unhappy with Ford on its continuous experiment with feature addition and deletion; Kia would be the second in line.

Last edited by i74js : 16th July 2019 at 13:43.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks