Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2019, 14:26   #961
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
I'm quite baffled by this. Why should anyone book before the prices are confirmed, the variants are confirmed and before taking a detailed test drive of the variant of choice. We haven't even seen the car in the flesh, so why do this?

Especially when there is so much information chaos in variants and their features.

Sure, I understand that by pre-booking you might get the car in your hands a few weeks earlier. However you are potentially going to hang on to the car for years so a few extra weeks is nothing. What's the tearing hurry?

Why not? When I can cancel my booking if I don't like the price, or I have not had a chance to TD the booking and being made to buy it regardless?

I lose Rs 250 as convenience fee if I cancel, but that is buying me 1-2 months of flaunt privilege.

So why not?
herculesksp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 14:28   #962
Senior - BHPian

Another Confusion.

In the below images, the feature spread is nice and easy to understand. But, 1.5 Petrol is available in GT Line, and not Tech Line unlike what we have seen earlier. This is official feature list according to the person who has sent it.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190716wa0003.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190716wa0002.jpg

Immediately, I contacted Kia Motors, they are saying that Official Brochure with Feature list & Specifications will be out in few days time.

They said that on August 3rd, Car will be launched and Dealerships will be officially inaugurated.

Pic Source - WhatsApp.
CarguyNish is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 15:16   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
Why not? When I can cancel my booking if I don't like the price, or I have not had a chance to TD the booking and being made to buy it regardless?

I lose Rs 250 as convenience fee if I cancel, but that is buying me 1-2 months of flaunt privilege.

So why not?
Absolutely, it's a small fee for privilege of getting the car earlier if you end up liking it and avoid the delay, especially if the car does sell well. I know a friend who booked MG and the delivery is in November!
Old 16th July 2019, 15:23   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
Although I'm almost certain not to go-ahead with the Seltos, I went ahead with an offline booking, which I'll honour if Kia's introductory price for the 1.4 DCT is sensible and the driving dynamics of the car are anywhere near the S-Cross.

Cancellation of offline bookings, BTW, attract no charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
In the below images, the feature spread is nice and easy to understand. But, 1.5 Petrol is available in GT Line, and not Tech Line unlike what we have seen earlier. This is official feature list according to the person who has sent it.
Whoa! This brings a whole new dimension to an already confusing landscape of variants.

I'll just step back and wait for the official brochure.
pannags is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 15:40   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
Absolutely, it's a small fee for privilege of getting the car earlier if you end up liking it and avoid the delay, especially if the car does sell well. I know a friend who booked MG and the delivery is in November!
Pretty much the same reason why I ended up placing the pre-order. MG has 6 months wait time in Hyderabad I believe. I wouldn't want to be in the same situation. Most likely I will pick this up unless it drives like crap which I hope isn't the case.
Old 16th July 2019, 15:46   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
I will delay my purchase and would rather wait and see what Honda does with HRV/Vezel.
@NAVREVV, Like me, do not put your hopes on Honda and the Vezel launch.
I confess I am a Honda fanboy because I can live with a decently made problem free vehicle that may not be thrilling to drive.
My 15 year old Dolphin City is a testament to my faith in Honda and its service. Also owned the boxy 2002/03 CR-V.

The Vezel when launched is going to be priced out of the market in comparison to its competitors just like the recent Honda launches. I do not expect Honda to learn from their self inflicted mistakes any time soon. Hope they prove me wrong, but I am not betting on it.

For me too, the Seltos purchase is over because I wanted the GTX+ Auto with all creature comforts and am willing to pay for it but Kia does not want my business.
Ithaca is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 15:48   #967
BHPian

This is taken from the Overdrive impressions. I'm posting the 1.4 Turbo AT.

Quote:
If I was buying, I would specify it with the DCT, since this is the only one to get the different driving modes. The steering is marginally better than the comparable Hyundai's, but the Sport mode manages to add more weight and feedback to it - enough for me to chuck the manual and get the DCT instead. Furthermore, the shift quality and response times of the DCT are excellent! The 1.4l engine is one of the most eager engines this side of 20 lakh rupees, and despite the turbocharging, it has a linear pull from the word go. It is quick off the mark and I'm guessing it will break the 10s barrier for a 0-100kmph run.
Diesel
Quote:
We did not get a chance to drive the 1.5l petrol, but we managed to spend some quality time with the 1.5l diesel. If its tuning is carried forward as is to the production car, I think it will set a new segment benchmark for refinement. We have heard Hyundai powertrains getting louder with time, so this is something that we will wait and watch. We scaled an extreme incline on the test track and I was pleasantly surprised at how tractable the engine and gearbox felt, with no knocking or booming under the load. The engine builds pace quite briskly too.
Quote:
I can't comment much on the ride and handling bit, except that the Kia Seltos feels sportier than the Hyundai Creta in terms of its cornering manners. It seems to have a more controlled dive and roll and a firmer ride over undulations, though I would hold back my opinion until I drive it in weathered roads of the real world.
Also, there's an embargo on the powertrain specifications. I wonder why.

Last edited by sweetvar26 : 16th July 2019 at 15:51.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 16:45   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
I'm quite baffled by this. Why should anyone book before the prices are confirmed, the variants are confirmed and before taking a detailed test drive of the variant of choice. We haven't even seen the car in the flesh, so why do this?

Especially when there is so much information chaos in variants and their features.

Sure, I understand that by pre-booking you might get the car in your hands a few weeks earlier. However you are potentially going to hang on to the car for years so a few extra weeks is nothing. What's the tearing hurry?
This and more! We are seeing a variant of the artificial demand/limited supply model that was used by the likes of One Plus and Xiaomi to generate a virtual stampede now being adopted by the auto industry. Let's take the case of the Pune dealer. At 25k per booking and ~500 bookings it amounts to 1.25Cr of free money to the dealer (not Kia) which I am sure will be used to drive the dealers expansion and infra. Basically an interest free loan to him and maybe he'll even earn interest on the customers money. Needless to say given the excellent ethics of dealers, the cancellation process will be convoluted and will not be completed until a few aggravated phone calls and weeks later.If Kia committed to processing refunds within 24 hours without involving the dealer I'd happily pay the amount. But there is no way I'm paying the dealer without seeing the car in person or any knowledge on the prices/variants. Screw that.
I'm sure Kia and MG have line capacities exceeding 5k per month. Harrier had an estimated 4-5 month wait in January and I'm sure that hasn't materialized.
yd_gli is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 17:48   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
I'll honour if Kia's introductory price for the 1.4 DCT is sensible and the driving dynamics of the car are anywhere near the S-Cross.

Cancellation of offline bookings, BTW, attract no charges.
Another s crosser waiting for an automatic option
I have no faith in Hyundai dynamics and lifeless steering. But there is a chance that GT line would give some good ride and handling balance to the otherwise lifeless bouncy bumpy hyundais.
Anyways I am fed up of waiting for Maruti to introduce an automatic in the S cross or bring the bigger vitara.
Have prebooked a Seltos 1.4 GTX DCT in Intense red
Will have to find out whether it is worthy enough to replace my humble hippo.
I will cancel the booking if the price crossed 20L OTR. Will go ahead for a used X1 or an Octavia 1.8 TSI style.
Old 16th July 2019, 18:04   #970
Senior - BHPian

India-spec Kia Seltos interior images revealed

Kia has released new images of the Seltos giving us a peek into the interior of the India-spec car.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kia-seltos-interior-1.jpg

The Kia Seltos is likely to be offered with black or dual-tone interiors. There is glossy black trim on the dashboard and on the door panels, while the seats get black or grey upholstery with red stitching. The front centre armrest houses air-conditioning vents for the rear passengers and a digital readout. The centre console houses a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system and comes with a Bose audio system.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-advanced-7.0-colour-display.jpg

The Seltos has a 3-spoke, flat-bottom steering wheel and a twin-dial instrument cluster with a large MID in the centre. The engine start/stop button is positioned on the right-hand side of the steering wheel. The car also appears to have cornering lights. The head-up display provides navigation information, speed and the speed limit. According to the images, both manual and automatic variants could get steel pedals.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-smart-8.0-heads-up-display.jpg

The Kia Seltos will be offered with three engine options including a 1.5-litre petrol, 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel motor, while transmission options will include a 6-speed manual and automatic, an IVT and a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-india-segment-first-sound-mood-lights.jpg

The Kia Seltos is scheduled to be launched on August 22, 2019.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-worlds-first-smart-pure-air-purifier.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th July 2019 at 18:11. Reason: Typo
TusharK is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 18:46   #971
BHPian

Quote:
They said that on August 3rd, Car will be launched and Dealerships will be officially inaugurated.
Are you sure the car will release on 3rd? Any other sources confirming regarding the prepond.

Last edited by momsonlydriver : 16th July 2019 at 18:48.
Old 16th July 2019, 18:58   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Another Confusion.

In the below images, the feature spread is nice and easy to understand.
This variant list atleast makes sense and I hope this is closer to the final one as compared to the other ones which are doing the rounds. Atleast this has a logical build-up of features as one moves up the variants and the HTX+ Diesel Auto (which is what I am looking for) has all the bells & whistles apart from the HUD (which is available on the top end petrols).

A few more days will reveal the final distribution !
Old 16th July 2019, 19:04   #973
Distinguished - BHPian

New TVC of Seltos,

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 19:15   #974
Senior - BHPian

Seltos is surely going to create a healthy & tough competition. It’s got all bells & whistles. I’m sure it will dethrone Creta upon its launch way too quickly. Certainly, this is so beneficial ultimately to end customers

Seltos is proportional from all angles like the creta is. Hector, Harrier are 2nd fav now. Ix25 is already being tested as Hyundai knows it and will give sometime for others to enjoy the rush of success whilst they will come out all guns blazing again with facelift Creta soon.

But, these companies are also quite tough to face the sluggish market and are coming up with a lot of launches! Hope to see the trend to go up.
Old 16th July 2019, 20:01   #975
Distinguished - BHPian

I just love this steering, it's similar to Suzuki..But looks much more premium.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190716wa0037.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks