Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2019, 14:24   #106
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Kia SP2i spied with LED Sequential Turn Signals ,
I think the Led DRLs are clearly visible in this image. This might be a middle variant? Different alloys and no rear disc brakes.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiasp2ispiedindialaunchpricespecs.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiasp2ispiedindialaunchpricespecs3.jpg  

Old 7th May 2019, 13:41   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

The production-spec Kia SP SUV will be revealed in full on June 20, 2019.

Likely to be called Trailster, its market launch will be later this year.

Quote:
At launch, the Kia SP’s engine options are expected to include a 1.5-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engine. Both engine options are likely to be BS-VI-ready, but could be BS-IV-compliant at launch. Both engines will be available with a choice of manual and automatic gearboxes, and Kia is even said to be working on a sportier variant of the SP SUV, with a 140hp, 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine paired to a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox with paddle shifters.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th May 2019 at 13:44.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 15:39   #108
Senior - BHPian

How is KIA going to position/explain plonking a potentially (the specs are not known yet) lower spec 1.5l petrol engine compared to the smaller, lower priced Venue? Same problem for Creta. I will have preferred the turbo engine from venue on this. Or better still, the 1.4 Turbo with DCT as is being rumoured from day 1.

Overall, the car looks smashing though.
Old 7th May 2019, 23:02   #109
Senior - BHPian

Going by the size, (slightly bigger than creta, atleast from pics) and the features that are being discussed, I think this will be sold atleast by Rs 60-70,000 more than the Creta - variant to variant.
Old 8th May 2019, 00:36   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
How is KIA going to position/explain plonking a potentially (the specs are not known yet) lower spec 1.5l petrol engine compared to the smaller, lower priced Venue?
The Venue's pricing will be overlapping with the Creta base models/ 1.4D's pricing and I guess Hyundai might stop the Creta 1.4D. This makes the next gen Creta/ Kia SP2i to easily sit above the Venue. For many buyers, the engine specs don't really matter much. Most of the buyers concentrate on the size of the vehicle/ comfort/ features rather than pure performance.

I have a feeling that the red caliper/ different alloy pattern Sp2i spy pics might be of the 1.4turbo unit. Or may be they have different alloy pattern for Petrol and diesel, like the jeep compass.
Old 8th May 2019, 09:51   #111
Senior - BHPian

I have a feeling Kia might just jump the gun and bring the all-new 1.5 diesel and petrol with the SP. 1.4 Diesel and 1.6 Diesel might face the axe for all Hyundai's too thanks to BS-VI.

Wont make sense for Kia bringing the 1.4 D or the 1.6 D just for a few months and then switch again, unless they plan to upgrade these engines to BS VI - which I dont think might happen.
fx45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 22:27   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
I have a feeling Kia might just jump the gun and bring the all-new 1.5 diesel and petrol with the SP. 1.4 Diesel and 1.6 Diesel might face the axe for all Hyundai's too thanks to BS-VI.

Wont make sense for Kia bringing the 1.4 D or the 1.6 D just for a few months and then switch again, unless they plan to upgrade these engines to BS VI - which I dont think might happen.
Well, that's already confirmed. They are launching with 1.5L Diesel and Petrol units. Whether or not they will launch the rumoured 1.4L turbo petrol is still unknown though.
Old 8th May 2019, 23:46   #113
Senior - BHPian

The Kia SP Concept SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Well, that's already confirmed. They are launching with 1.5L Diesel and Petrol units. Whether or not they will launch the rumoured 1.4L turbo petrol is still unknown though.
Yes. The point I made earlier was that if the rumoured power etc. figures of the 1.5 l engines are to be believed (115bhp apiece), it'll make at least the petrol a lower specced engine compared to Venue. Strange given that the size difference seems significant.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 8th May 2019 at 23:47.
Old 13th May 2019, 09:48   #114
BHPian

Spotted a test mule. Which car is this?

Spotted this test mule near Goregaon on western express highway while commuting today morning. Couldn't get a clear shot of the front, however the car had a very Fordesque hexagonal grille and projector headlamps.

Given the traffic could only manage these shots. The test mule driver likely spotted me taking photos as he drastically slowed down after the second shot and I had no choice but to carry on.

Any ideas on what car is this?

Mods: Couldn't find a generic thread on test mules. Please merge with an existing thread as appropriate.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_5562.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_5561.jpg
varunsangal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 07:25   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia's SUV rendered, while official images have been released.

Quote:
In India, the crossover is reportedly called the Tusker.
Quote:
Rather to having production in India, the North American examples would come from a Kia plant in South Korea.
The production Tusker will likely make an initial debut in India in the coming months, and slated to arrive in US later this year. The SUV is currently ruled out for markets in EU.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-t1.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-t2.jpg

Quote:
The new Kia crossover is small but has chunky styling that makes it look a little more aggressive. Skinny LED headlights integrate into the sides of the grille. This one wears a tri-tone color scheme with black trim on the lower sections, a bronze body, and silver roof.
Quote:
The powertrain is the biggest mystery for the Tusker. Rumors suggest that it would be available with a 1.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder or 2.0-liter naturally aspirated engine. A seven-speed dual-clutch automatic would allegedly among the transmission choices, and the model would only come with front-wheel drive.
Link

Official teasers:

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-00.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-01.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th May 2019 at 07:37.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 08:15   #116
Senior - BHPian

Thank god Kia is here! Such clean designs! Just when Hyundai has started taking a design language that is the exact opposite of classic, Kia has come in with cars that are just right! I have 2 Hyundai cars now and I may never buy another again if Hyundai keeps to the current design language such as the new Creta and the Venue etc. I would rather buy a Kia as my next purchase.
motorworks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 21:45   #117
BHPian

Re: Kia Motors coming to India

Spotted this in our neighbourhood in Dehradun today evening. Going by the registration appears to be KIA SP SUV ?
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kia-sp2i-front-view.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kia-sp2i-side-view.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kia-sp2i-rear-view.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kia-inside.jpg  

amit162 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 05:08   #118
BHPian

Re: Kia Motors coming to India

Interior design appears to be staying true to the concept?
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:45   #119
Senior - BHPian

Kia SP2i mid-size SUV to be unveiled on June 20, 2019

Kia's first mid-size SUV for the Indian market (codenamed SP2i) will be unveiled on June 20, 2019.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kia-reveals-first-image-new-small-suv_2.jpg

Earlier this month, Kia released the first design sketches of the car. The model draws inspiration from the SP Concept and features a tiger nose grille with wraparound LED headlamps on either side. The dual-tone front bumper houses a trapezoidal air dam and a pair of fog lights. At the rear, the SP2i gets LED tail lights, dual-tone bumper with reflectors, a chrome tailgate garnish and an integrated scuff plate.

In India, Kia's first mid-size SUV could be offered with 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engine options paired with manual or automatic transmission. Reports suggest that Kia might also offer a 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 22nd May 2019 at 11:46.
TusharK is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2019, 07:29   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

KIA revealed an interior sketch of the cabin of its all-new small SUV.

Kia’s first global small SUV will go on-sale in Korea in the second half of 2019, with sales in other regions to follow soon after.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-538431.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-538430_v2.jpg

Quote:
-Cabin characterized by broad, sweeping shapes and sophisticated technical details
- Aimed at youthful, tech-savvy buyers looking for ease-of-use with a bold design statement
- High-tech features include 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment and Sound Mood Lighting
- New model on-sale in Korea later in 2019, with global markets to follow
Source:KIA

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd May 2019 at 07:32.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks