Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2019, 16:55   #1201
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
This for sure is not an official list. The font and color of the table is inconsistent with the font and color used in the brochure. Moreover the table looks like a copy/paste from MS Excel. I dont think we need to trust this source as well and continue to wait for the official variant list from Kia.
Please refer to official features list posted on page on 60 of this chat thread. This was received by me from Kia dealership employee.

Last edited by manson : 25th July 2019 at 08:10. Reason: Typo.
Old 24th July 2019, 17:17   #1202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Same question i have even after this being informed to KIA by dealers. It is plain simple common sense. The buyer they are targetting does not mind shelling out extra money for the features.
Just trying to see 'how much extra' one had to shell out for fully loaded DCT (prices are only approximate, some are only speculative )
Sunroof : Rs 75000
Powered Seat : Rs 50000
360 Camera : Rs 15000 (???)
DRVM : Rs 10000 (???)
Ventilated Seat: Rs 20000 (???)
Front Parking sensor: Rs 1000
Premium speakers . :Rs 15000 (???)
Blindview Monitor . :Rs 20000 (???)
Total: Rs 206000
This is what would have scared the Kia folks.
Guna is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 17:25   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Just trying to see 'how much extra' one had to shell out for fully loaded DCT (prices are only approximate, some are only speculative )
If that is the case, some of the prices are under valued and that will be even more. Sunroofs and power seats are overestimated considering the bulk orders cost less

Last edited by aah78 : 24th July 2019 at 18:28. Reason: Post fixed. Please don't quote large posts entirely. Thanks!
Alive2Drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 17:37   #1204
BHPian

Quote:

These are retail prices but in bulk it would have been cheaper for Kia but even then with all this it might have exceeded the price by at-least a Lac, hence, we aren’t getting it.

Last edited by aah78 : 24th July 2019 at 18:28. Reason: Post fixed. Please don't quote large posts entirely. Thanks!
NAVREVV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 17:43   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
Got this variant list from a friend and it's official mostly. Sorry for the external link but not able to upload on TBHP directly.

https://we.tl/t-c90J1L9cNQ
The font style , errors, photos cropped from the website itself just screams 'Not Official!"
Old 24th July 2019, 17:51   #1206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Pls refer to official features list posted on page on 60 of this chat thread. This was received by me from Kia dealership employee.
Looking at the picture coming in from Chennai, which might be a Diesel HTX+ Manual (As ventilated seats are present). The 2 buttons seen in image are making me think if these are
1. 360 view camera
2. Smart parking Assist with sensors.. ? (Not sure)
While these features are not marked in the HTX+ variant in the list shared.
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190724wa0007.jpg
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 17:57   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
Indeed it would have... Kia is launching its first car in India. They need some initial volume to get their sales momentum moving. That is the very reason why they will initially bring a low level variant HTE and this will be discontinued after some time. They would expect the difference between Base variant HTE 1.5 Petrol and High end variant GTX+ 1.4 Petrol or HTX+ 1.5 Diesel Automatic, to be around 6-6.5 lakhs. If they introduce GTX+ Automatic, the difference would jump to around 7.5-8 lakhs, which is not an ideal state.

Once the initial set of bookings are cleared and if the product is an hit, they will discontinue Base variant HTE 1.5 Petrol. HTK 1.5 Petrol would be base variant then. There is a good chance that they will introduce the fully loaded GTX+ Automatic at that time with a price range of around 1-1.5 lakhs over and above the GTX+ Manual. This will ensure that the price difference between the base and top end variant, is maintained around the 6-6.5 lakhs mark.

Cannot blame Kia for this strategy. They would be doing this, knowing very well that they will loose out on a few perspective customers. But they should be able to cover up on the longer run. Also they will get some time to fix on the initial niggles reported and their superstar variant would be close to flawless.
MukundanMK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 18:11   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
From the above list, what can you retrofit and for how much?

Sunroof : Rs 75000 - 125000 (high risk of niggles)
Powered Seat : Rs 50000 - (complicated/infeasible)
360 Camera : Rs 15000 - (complicated/infeasible)
DRVM : Rs 10000 - 20000 - (easily doable)
Ventilated Seat: Rs 20000 - (complicated/infeasible)
Front Parking sensor: Rs 1000 - 20000 - (easily doable)
Premium speakers . :Rs 15000 - 50000 - (easily doable)
Blindview Monitor . :Rs 20000 - (almost useless for a car this size, IMHO)

Therefore, the real deal breakers are the Sunroof, Powered Seats, the 360 deg Camera and the Ventilated Seats.

While, thankfully, the DCT does not miss out on safety kit offered at the top of the line, the point is whether you want to go around meddling with the car after paying 20 Lakh rupees!

Last edited by manson : 25th July 2019 at 08:11. Reason: Added content. EDIT: Post fixed. Please don't quote large posts entirely. Thanks!
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 18:17   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Looking at the picture coming in from Chennai, which might be a Diesel HTX+ Manual (As ventilated seats are present). The 2 buttons seen in image are making me think if these are
1. 360 view camera
2. Smart parking Assist with sensors.. ? (Not sure)
While these features are not marked in the HTX+ variant in the list shared.
Attachment 1898340
You are spot on @D'Ro@dSt@r ... those buttons are for 360 camera and Smart Park Assist only.
You can find these buttons in Kia website for the GT Line Manual Internal view. The photo shared from a Chennai showroom is a Diesel variant (bonnet view in one of the photos) and the photo that you had shared is definitely the top end trim HTX+.
None of the variant list, including the one shared by my dealer, had these marked for the Diesel top end variant. That's why I had asked if someone in Chennai can visit the showroom and check the car for 6 airbags. If 6 airbags and HUD are there, then this is for sure a fully loaded top end diesel variant.
This will completely put to rest all the false variant list that is being circulated in forums.
Old 24th July 2019, 18:39   #1210
BHPian

Non availability of a fully loaded top variant is a dampener. I was trying to find out a variant which would suit me, but it seems I have to hire a CA for the same

Hope Kia takes notice about the market demand for a fully loaded variant, and simplifies the variant lineup.
streetfighter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 19:13   #1211
mxx
BHPian

Today I saw Seltos being unloaded from trucks in Bannerghatta Road (near Basavanagar). Must be for the JSP dealership as they unload their Ford vehicles at the same place.
mxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 20:05   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
That's why I had asked if someone in Chennai can visit the showroom and check the car for 6 airbags. If 6 airbags and HUD are there, then this is for sure a fully loaded top end diesel variant.
This will completely put to rest all the false variant list that is being circulated in forums.
Just spoke to the SA who took my booking advance in Chennai. He confirmed the top end diesel is on display, but sadly has only 2 Airbags!
He also confirmed that only the GT line gets 6 airbags. Time to start the refund process. Sigh!!

Last edited by manson : 25th July 2019 at 08:13. Reason: Trimmed quote.
bharathan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 20:45   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
Just spoke to the SA who took my booking advance in Chennai. He confirmed the top end diesel is on display, but sadly has only 2 Airbags! He also confirmed that only the GT line gets 6 airbags. Time to start the refund process. Sigh!!
Thanks @bharathan for the confirmation... that's the first knockout blow... I have pre booked the 1.4 GT Petrol Automatic variant. Still lingering on a hope that the top spec GTX+ would come with the DCT variant also. Else I can settle down with GTX Auto also, provided it has 6 airbags and few other bells and whistles.
MukundanMK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 21:21   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Therefore, the real deal breakers are the Sunroof, Powered Seats, the 360 deg Camera and the Ventilated Seats.
Powered seat should be easy. Just pull out original and install the powered one. Power source should already be close by.
Ventilated seats should come along with this. Of course you need a control switch. But honestly ventilated seats are bothersome with the fan noise and softer cushioning.

Search for 360 degrees camera on alibaba or aliexpress or ebay. Should be $250 for all 4 cameras including the control unit.

DRVM is super easy (if my understanding of that feature is correct). All you need is a diode, some extra wire and an OEM switch.

360 degree camera installation would be the most invasive.

But then would anyone want to do all this to a brand new car?

Forget the sunroof

Last edited by m2avg : 24th July 2019 at 21:24.
Old 24th July 2019, 21:41   #1215
BHPian

It's not possible to get things fixed after market. They will remove your warranty. Remember this car is UVO connected so all the car health information is connected.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks