Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2019, 15:13   #1351
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
I have a similar concern. I have booked the GTX DCT for myself. My daily running is 70 kms/day. Given that the difference in the Petrol and diesel is only INR 6 in Delhi, I am confused if it should be petrol or diesel. If the mileage is really low for me in petrol and given that the speculated pricing is almost same for the Diesel auto and the GTX DCT, i can opt either way on fuel preference.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.
Diesel will always return better mileage, that's the nature of the technology. But my criteria for purchasing petrol was solely the DCT transmission. But, now I hear from people and seeing the government policies there is a certainty for diesel to be used only for commercial vehicles. Besides in Delhi don't you have the 10 year rule for diesel cars ? The NGT could incorporate the same in all other states.
deepjaju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 15:18   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
I don't think that will be the case. Venue gives out around 9.5 to 10 kmpl in city driving conditions. If your drive has intermittent longer stretches of road then it improves to 12 kmpl. Also, I don't think a bigger engine is necessarily thirsty. The 4 cylinder turbo should be as efficient as the venue and some more in city drive.
I've driven 100 km on the Venue DCT over 2 days and used 15 liters of petrol - so all the figures I'm mentioning are real world usage numbers. Of course the car was brand new, only 400 km odd driven ...so mileage could improve to about 8 in the long run. Bigger engines from the same engine family of the same manufacturer are usually more thirsty - that's a truism with little exception
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1564393432645.jpg  

JishD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 15:38   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
I've driven 100 km on the Venue DCT over 2 days and used 15 liters of petrol - so all the figures I'm mentioning are real world usage numbers. Of course the car was brand new, only 400 km odd driven ...so mileage could improve to about 8 in the long run. Bigger engines from the same engine family of the same manufacturer are usually more thirsty - that's a truism with little exception
My car has been driven for about 1300 km and the first service was just done last week. I had set the option of not resetting the average on fuel fill. So the average is calculated on almost 1000 km. Besides my car hasn't done even one highway run.
deepjaju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 15:46   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Diesel will always return better mileage, that's the nature of the technology. But my criteria for purchasing petrol was solely the DCT transmission. But, now I hear from people and seeing the government policies there is a certainty for diesel to be used only for commercial vehicles. Besides in Delhi don't you have the 10 year rule for diesel cars ? The NGT could incorporate the same in all other states.
There is a 10 year rule in diesel however considering the amount of money i am spending on the DCT vs the diesel auto is same, I will pretty much be only defining on the mileage as a difference.

My car has done 81K kms in 5 years ( 7 months in total car was not running at all) and assuming it would have done 90K kms in full 5 years of operations, I am still contemplating the fuel choice.
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 15:52   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think that will be the case. Venue gives out around 9.5 to 10 kmpl in city driving conditions. If your drive has intermittent longer stretches of road then it improves to 12 kmpl. Also, I don't think a bigger engine is necessarily thirsty. The 4 cylinder turbo should be as efficient as the venue and some more in city drive.
Found an article today incidently on CarDekho https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...real-24073.htm
Old 29th July 2019, 15:58   #1356
Distinguished - BHPian

The BLR Tumkur Road (opposite YPR station) dealer confirmed that they will have both the display and demo cars by 3 August.

Prices however will be revealed only on 22 August.
Old 29th July 2019, 16:58   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Found an article today incidently on CarDekho https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...real-24073.htm
Quiet funny that he did not want to say 100% city mileage, which is the case for most people living in cities in weekdays also. Don't know what he is afraid of ?
Old 29th July 2019, 17:05   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Quiet funny that he did not want to say 100% city mileage, which is the case for most people living in cities in weekdays also. Don't know what he is afraid of ?
It is already there in that article;

Venue Petrol DCT
100% city = 10.25 kmpl
75% city and 25% highway = 11.34 kmpl
50% city and 50% highway = 12.70 kmpl
25% city and 75% highway = 14.43 kmpl
100% highway = 16.71 kmpl

Last edited by Latheesh : 29th July 2019 at 17:06.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 17:06   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
The BLR Tumkur Road (opposite YPR station) dealer confirmed that they will have both the display and demo cars by 3 August.

Prices however will be revealed only on 22 August.
Salesman who has been calling me also confirmed that the car will be in display on 3rd August. He also shared some 40+ photos on whatsapp. I could not find anything new, hence not posting them here.
Old 29th July 2019, 17:39   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
It is already there in that article;

Venue Petrol DCT
100% city = 10.25 kmpl
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Quiet funny that he did not want to say 100% city mileage
Quote:
My car has been driven for about 1300 km and the first service was just done last week. I had set the option of not resetting the average on fuel fill. So the average is calculated on almost 1000 km. Besides my car hasn't done even one highway run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Without prejudicing any 1 in particular here, it seems then the Venue DCT gives 10 or under in typical city conditions. That would worry me dearly for the size of the car!

One of the biggest reasons for me to consider Seltos over Hector (I have booked both) is mileage as I also like Alive2Drive have a nearly 70km/day run, which roughly translates to 2k km per month. But given I have driven diesels for a long time and the NGT has been quite unpredictable in Delhi, I am skeptical of Seltos Diesel HTX+ Auto.

Also the Tech line misses on a number of feel good and safety features, but at the same time there are some misses expected in GTX DCT also. But, not sure if all this is worth sacrificing the airbags. Something more to consider eh!
Old 29th July 2019, 17:40   #1361
BHPian

Link - Business Standard

Is there any official confirmation for August 3? (Just 4 days left)
This article mentions launch on August 8, but does not mention Seltos. What could this be?

Quote:
Korean auto major Kia Motors will launch its first 'Made in India' car on August 8, according to the Andhra Pradesh Chief Ministers Office.

"Kia is preparing to launch its car on August 8 and has invited Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy for the event," the CMO said in a release on Saturday night.
Old 29th July 2019, 17:47   #1362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
Link - Business Standard

This article mentions launch on August 8, but does not mention Seltos. What could this be?
3 August is soft launch, 8 August is official launch and 22 August is the price reveal!

Reminds me of Madame Vera and her Seven Veils.

Last edited by itwasntme : 29th July 2019 at 17:48.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 19:40   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
3 August is soft launch, 8 August is official launch and 22 August is the price reveal!

It is a strange pattern. Usually during the launch event- the prices are unveiled. So 8th August to 22nd August will be a test drive session?
Old 29th July 2019, 22:12   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Great way to make people lose interest Soft launch for a car that is already on display at showrooms? Guess 8th is when feature list will be revealed!

MG got away with similar reveal if I remember right, but VFM pricing did help them out.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 22:21   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
Link - Business Standard

The first Seltos will be rolled out from the factory on 8th August.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed