Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2019, 13:27   #1426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
I feel your expected pricing is really off the charts. Think about it, the Seltos is based on the Creta platform and is a higher quality product than the Creta and yet you think it should be priced in the range of the Venue. I really doubt it happening.
On the other hand, a surprise pricing would be at par with the Creta, then Seltos would be the obvious choice instead of Creta, because Creta has become old now, and then after a year the new Creta would come into the market. This way the sales number of Creta would remain in the Hyundai family itself and won't be eaten by the other players. This way Kia would be having a good start by handing over the Creta numbers to Seltos and the market numbers will make it a successful brand. Economically & Marketing point of view it makes more sense I guess.
Agreed and we also need to keep in mind that Seltos houses a BS6 engine, which will naturally pull up the price. If the price is equal or slightly lesser than Creta, then in my view it is an aggressive pricing. However I think the other comparison that people would be interested in, is with the MG Hector pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Got these pictures from a source who wishto remain anonymous.Arranged in the order of filename, kindly ignore if the arrangement is wrong.

One thing i noticed is that, GT Trim has an option for black interiors.
OMG, this must be the best post of this thread . These looks like a material from in house only.

I must ask my dealer to read through this. So dumb they are.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd August 2019 at 15:34.
Old 2nd August 2019, 13:57   #1427
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Got these pictures from a source who wishto remain anonymous.Arranged in the order of filename, kindly ignore if the arrangement is wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
OMG, this must be the best post of this thread . These looks like a material from in house only.

I must ask my dealer to read through this. So dumb they are.
Best post! This seems to be the dealer/SA training module, hopefully we sharing this now will only get these SAs to get some preparatory homework done.
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 15:10   #1428

Quote:
Got these pictures from a source who wishto remain anonymous.

One thing I noticed is that GT Trim has an option for black interiors.
@Akhil - These are really helpful pics:. Also helped me push my SA, which led him to reveal that they are expecting the official variant list with specifications today/tomorrow. So assuming the wait is over, at least for the specs!
Old 2nd August 2019, 15:37   #1429
Senior - BHPian

Passing thru Lal Bagh Road I saw that a Kia Showroom was being setup a week back opposite Urvash Theatre. Is any Kia showroom already open in Bangalore already and is the Seltos available for a test drive?
Old 2nd August 2019, 16:08   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Passing thru Lal Bagh Road I saw that a Kia Showroom was being setup a week back opposite Urvash Theatre. Is any Kia showroom already open in Bangalore already and is the Seltos available for a test drive?
I spoke to JSP KIA ORR and the SA confirmed they have the diesel manual available for TD and the GT manual for display from tomorrow onwards.
Planning to be there to have a look and check the final feature list (if available)
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 16:11   #1431
BHPian

Got the WhatsApp invite from WestCoast Kia, Ahmedabad, for the unveiling at 'midnight' tonight. It seems they want to beat everybody in unveiling. Test Drives start from tomorrow. As per SA, they only have diesel for display and TD for now.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos.jpeg  

LeoMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 16:30   #1432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMachine View Post
Got the WhatsApp invite from WestCoast Kia, Ahmedabad, for the unveiling at 'midnight' tonight. It seems they want to beat everybody in unveiling. Test Drives start from tomorrow. As per SA, they only have diesel for display and TD for now.
Wow! This is really cool - you already pocketed Saturday morning for yourself!

I'm actually thinking of skipping the unveiling tomorrow since no automatic is available for test drives. I'll give it a week or two for the hype to settle down, and hopefully by then we have a cracker of a Team-BHP review
Old 2nd August 2019, 16:39   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
I feel your expected pricing is really off the charts. Think about it, the Seltos is based on the Creta platform and is a higher quality product than the Creta and yet you think it should be priced in the range of the Venue. I really doubt it happening.
Check the prices . Creta is 13.3 ex showroom for the top end automatic petrol. So my expected price range for Seltos is similar. The moment we pass the 16 ex showroom price range , comparisons begin with harrier and hector which are way larger. And people wanting smaller SUV's in that price range will gravitate towards Compass.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 17:01   #1434
BHPian

Wow! Bose audio in this segment is amazing. The likes of Audi charge almost a lac extra for a Bose audio system.
Old 2nd August 2019, 17:18   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Check the prices . Creta is 13.3 ex showroom for the top end automatic petrol. So my expected price range for Seltos is similar. The moment we pass the 16 ex showroom price range , comparisons begin with harrier and hector which are way larger. And people wanting smaller SUV's in that price range will gravitate towards Compass.
Top end Diesel or GT Petrol with auto gearbox should come with a price tag of 14 to 14.5 lacs. Anything above that would not be an aggressive pricing, as per me. Pricing of each variant of Seltos will be matched with Hector, to see what Hector is offering is for the same price. BS6 engine is a huge addition, but people will not accept that an USP of higher pricing. Kia Seltos has to be priced in such a way that it eats into Hyundai Creta and Creta 2020 should be priced in a way that it brings down Seltos's market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Wow! Bose audio in this segment is amazing. The likes of Audi charge almost a lac extra for a Bose audio system.
That is the very reason why many, including me are crying for a top end auto. Give me in diesel or GT petrol, with 6 airbags offcourse and I am proceeding with my pre-booking.
Old 2nd August 2019, 17:18   #1436
Senior - BHPian

Seltos specifications as per dealer

GT line automatic seems to have all the safety features like ESC and 6 airbags
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190802wa0151.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190802wa0152.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 17:40   #1437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

The Diesel still doesn't get 6 airbags on any variant! It won't be able to compete against even Creta with this sort of ommission.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 17:59   #1438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

Any idea what "T.B.D : Smartstream G1.4 Turbo GDI 7DCT, D1.5 AT" means, (at the bottom right) in the context of GTX Plus Pack ?
DASKD24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 18:06   #1439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASKD24 View Post
Any idea what "T.B.D : Smartstream G1.4 Turbo GDI 7DCT, D1.5 AT" means, (at the bottom right) in the context of GTX Plus Pack ?
TBD Might be "To Be Decided" IMO.

I think Kia have added this option because 95% of people have been asking that on Social Media's, I hope Kia does have the "Power To Surprise" on 22nd Launch. When people are asking for a loaded Automatic, manufacturers should offer it. At least made on order will be good if the percentage is not high.

If a common man like me can understand this, how can these so called Corporates neglect them when they are there to do those things 365 days.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 18:09   #1440
BHPian

TBD is usually "To be Decided". So we may still have fully loaded 1.5D AT and 1.4 GDI DCT!
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks