Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2019, 18:12   #1441
Senior - BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Audi has the B&O which is a class apart and leagues ahead of Bose. Are they giving Bose as an option? That's odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Wow! Bose audio in this segment is amazing. The likes of Audi charge almost a lac extra for a Bose audio system.
Old 2nd August 2019, 18:13   #1442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
At least made on order will be good if the percentage is not high.
That may be bit difficult to incorporate in regular production line. What they may be planning to do is - take orders from customer who is ready to wait, combine orders, and execute in one batch (of certain fixed quantity). Waiting period is going to be few months if demand is less!

Last edited by Latheesh : 2nd August 2019 at 18:15.
Old 2nd August 2019, 18:14   #1443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
The Diesel still doesn't get 6 airbags on any variant! It won't be able to compete against even Creta with this sort of ommission.
I think the MG pricing has got KIA rethinking.

I don't know when we Indians will understand the tricks of this pure chinese company who just brought a dead brand called MG

Last edited by ecosport rules : 2nd August 2019 at 18:16.
Old 2nd August 2019, 18:14   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
TBD Might be "To Be Decided" IMO.

I think Kia have added this option because 95% of people have been asking that on Social Media's, I hope Kia does have the "Power To Surprise" on 22nd Launch. When people are asking for a loaded Automatic, manufacturers should offer it. At least made on order will be good if the percentage is not high.

If a common man like me can understand this, how can these so called Corporates neglect them when they are there to do those things 365 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
TBD is usually "To be Decided". So we may still have fully loaded 1.5D AT and 1.4 GDI DCT!
wanted to check if we all are reading it the same way , totally
Old 2nd August 2019, 18:25   #1445
BHPian

Attached is the Seltos Specification that was shared in last page, in the actual format.

Sad to see that all rumours are actually true and that only 2 airbags are present in the diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
TBD is usually "To be Decided". So we may still have fully loaded 1.5D AT and 1.4 GDI DCT!
Although that sounds promising, I doubt if there will be a fully loaded DCT. If you see the GTX+ Trim, only 1.4 MT is written. Maybe they will add a few more features to GTX DCT. What's intriguing is that, the slides that I shared earlier mentions black interiors in GT line.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Seltos.pdf (114.4 KB, 521 views)

Last edited by akhil_rpmlover : 2nd August 2019 at 18:28.
Old 2nd August 2019, 18:46   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Attached is the Seltos Specification that was shared in last page, in the actual format.
File is corrupted, does not open.
Old 2nd August 2019, 18:59   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Attached is the Seltos Specification that was shared in last page, in the actual format
Unable to Open the pdf file. Check the format.

TBD - To be decided in 2020. It's age old tradition to launch a lower version of Automatic at launch time and the top end Automatic, the next year.

What is intriguing is that, the Sales Executives get baffled, when we say that, we can drive manual but still insist on Automatic. The general perception is that person opting for Automatic Car, can't drive manual or he's not good at manual.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 19:15   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
TBD - To be decided in 2020. It's age old tradition to launch a lower version of Automatic at launch time and the top end Automatic, the next year.
This could also be to keep the launch price very attractive. HTK+ Auto (with just 2 airbags, uff), GTX+ Manual and GTX Auto could be priced in the highest bracket. A GTX+ Auto would have to be priced at least 1 to 1.5 lacs higher, which would take the launch price range over the roof and unjustifiable. GTX+ Auto is definitely coming, albeit after a few months or may be in 2020. I sincerely pray that some magic happens and the HTX+ Auto gets side and curtain bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
What is intriguing is that, the Sales Executives get baffled, when we say that, we can drive manual but still insist on Automatic. The general perception is that person opting for Automatic Car, can't drive manual or he's not good at manual.
This is very true. Forget about the Sales Executives, even the Car companies are not fully understanding the reason why the demand for Automatic cars is increasing. Not knowing to drive a manual stick shift, is the last and least reason why people prefer an auto box.
Old 2nd August 2019, 19:24   #1449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASKD24 View Post
Any idea what "T.B.D : Smartstream G1.4 Turbo GDI 7DCT, D1.5 AT" means, (at the bottom right) in the context of GTX Plus Pack ?
* TBD is what it says, basically anything that is marked with * is to be decided. Basically the only thing marked with * is the two tone roof. So they will decide whether to give the two tone color option or not in those variants, thats all.
Old 2nd August 2019, 19:36   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Seltos specifications as per dealer

GT line automatic seems to have all the safety features like ESC and 6 airbags
Not sure if only I am missing but Auto AC is not mentioned anywhere in HT spec variants. This has to be one glaring omission if so.
Old 2nd August 2019, 19:46   #1451

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
Not sure if only I am missing but Auto AC is not mentioned anywhere in HT spec variants. This has to be one glaring omission if so.
Even the mention of the rear camera is something that's confusing. Ideally, shouldn't all other variants, leaving the base, have at least a rear camera?

Last edited by vsang : 2nd August 2019 at 19:55.
vsang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 21:47   #1452
BHPian

Looks like the MG hector threw their plans out of the window. Their initial plan would have been to price it close to Creta with loads of features, bells and whistles. After hector launch, it looks like they revised their pricing by removing specific features from each variant to bring the launch price down. The least attractive feature(for majority Indians) is 6 airbags :( This would explain why we are seeing so much confusion in variants list, features, dates postponed, etc. I'm pretty sure the pricing will match the hector variant to variant.
nim_peter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 22:20   #1453
BHPian

I think varients will be confirmed at price launch. I'm preety sure gtx+ auto is a reality. If Kia has mentioned something, I'm sure they will try their best to make it a reality and will impress a bunch of buyers.

Last edited by momsonlydriver : 2nd August 2019 at 22:27.
Old 2nd August 2019, 22:47   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
I think varients will be confirmed at price launch. I'm preety sure gtx+ auto is a reality. If Kia has mentioned something, I'm sure they will try their best to make it a reality and will impress a bunch of buyers.
Can you please point out to the post or link or something where Kia mentioned a gtx+ auto?
Old 2nd August 2019, 22:56   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Can you please point out to the post or link or something where Kia mentioned a gtx+ auto?

The varient list that has been shared here on the forum states under GTX+ that 7 speed DCT and 1.5L D 6speed auto will be decided.
That means Kia is deciding if they want to launch a fully loaded automatic car. It can be either a petrol auto or diesel auto or it can be both! So gt line diesel is a slight possibility from Kia.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks