Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2019, 03:55   #631
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Pls speak to Shubham at +91 89012 66636 at Kia dealership, MG Road, Gurgaon

Also, absolutely horrible strategy by Kia not to offer DCT in GTX+ and give half baked features in GTX. Makes sense to go with Diesel AT but I personally don’t like TC’s and a 6 speed AT. Looks like I might have to wait for T-Cross till next year. Atleast, I know I will get much much better driving dynamics. Features are good in Kia but I can’t compromise on ride and handling.
Thx for the info. Yes, pretty horrible strategy with no DCT in the top variant.

Equally silly is having Heads Up Display (HUD) in the lower version and not parking sensors.

Parking sensors and cameras should be available even in entry level variants; they're not a luxury item anymore.
panamera13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 07:38   #632
BHPian

Autocar has published tentative list of features by version.

No DCT in GTX+ version.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...variant-413345
Logan2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 08:21   #633
BHPian

I am out of this thread and not buying this car if they don't have the DCT Automatic in top end trim.

Extremely disappointed with this news :(
maverick145 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 09:08   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
I am out of this thread and not buying this car if they don't have the DCT Automatic in top end trim.

Extremely disappointed with this news :(
Car companies be like ‘Like we care’. Market research is what they trust and looks like the research report tips the scale in favour of lesser price than higher features. Make sense commercially as well; no manufacturer wants a expensive variant (by market research standards) lying in the stockyard just because nobody is buying it for it is expensive. We are still a price sensitive market than a feature sensitive one. Ultimately consumer can only buy what is made available.

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 4th July 2019 at 09:24.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 09:18   #635
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the decision to not offer an AT box in the top end trim is influenced by the aggressive pricing of the Hector. No car maker, specially a new one, would want to launch a car from a lower segment at the same or marginally higher price tag of the car from the higher segment. That too when the Hector is equally well loaded with a lot of fancy gadgets. Even if we may have some members saying that they would opt for a Seltos over the Hector, the majority population would fall to the game of perception where they will see a Creta like car costing more than the Hector.
drmohitg is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 09:22   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Car companies be like ‘Like we care’. Market research is what they trust and looks like the research report tips the scale in favour of lesser price than higher features. Make sense commercially as well; no manufacturer wants a expensive variant (by market research standards) lying in the stockyard just because nobody’s is buying it because it is expensive. We are still a price sensitive market than a feature sensitive one. Ultimately consumer can only buy what is made available.
What stops them from producing limited number of top end AT variants based on what the market research suggests (if they are to be believed) so that they don't lay unsold? I am sure 20-30% of the buyers of the 'one variant bellow top end' would upgrade to the top-end if it is available. Also, a fully loaded Automatic car makes the product more aspirational, even if someone finally settles for a lesser model. I think folks in marketing should sometime rely on their common sense and not always go by their MBA lessons
Well, we can only hope that they will launch this variant after 6 months or even during the Autoshow next year.

Last edited by Guna : 4th July 2019 at 09:30.
Guna is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 09:37   #637
BHPian

Top end trim + Automatic seems to be the holy grail for Indian automotive customers in the non-premium segment.

OT
I may be a one-off case but the non-availability of the right product has really altered my behaviour as a user. I no longer drive inter-city and have started taking cab instead. This has now actually made me re-think the need for an all-purpose compact AT vehicle for my use as I am finding the cab option to be extremely comfortable. Elaborating on this would be a subject for perhaps another thread, but in essence car companies also to be blamed for decreased sales!
octane_100 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 10:30   #638
BHPian

I had a chat with one of the reps from an upcoming Bangalore KIA dealership. He was in the training a month ago and confirmed that the 1.4L Turbo GT with DCT will be the top end with all features that KIA Seltos has.
now !!!!!
DASKD24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 11:02   #639
BHPian

So, I have been looking at the features list.

1. Kia omitted the GTX+ DCT because it will make the price of the highest variant higher than the Hector.

2. But, if you take a look at the AT variants, the only AT Diesel variants you can buy is HTK+ / HTX+. HTK+ looks very basic in my opinion. So, majority of the customers who wants a Diesel AT will have to get the top of the line HTX+. Price will also be on the higher side.

3. If you want a petrol CVT/ 1.4 DCT, you still will not get many of the features. Many of the customers who will be buying AT will definitely want to have all these features. Kia should have learnt that the Hector petrol auto was able to pull a lot of bookings and there are customers in cities like Delhi who are only interested in the Petrol Auto over Diesels. All that said, the mileage of the petrol auto will be on the lower side. But, the fact is, the customers who are buying those GT Line variants at a premium over the normal Tech line variants will definitely be able to shell out some extra premium and get the GTX+ DCT.

4. Autocar says there are some features like front sensors, TPMS and blind spot monitor specific to auto. I hope they're wrong. If not, the top end HTX+ Diesel MT owners will miss those features.

Let's hope they will launch the GTX+ DCT at a later stage. But, to me, that sounds pointless. They're missing out on a lot of customers just because of this. Imagine you're someone who i buying a GTX DCT now because GTX+ is not available now and then waking up to the news of GTX+ DCT launch after six months.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASKD24 View Post
I had a chat with one of the reps from an upcoming Bangalore KIA dealership. He was in the training a month ago and confirmed that the 1.4L Turbo GT with DCT will be the top end with all features that KIA Seltos has
I hope he's right. Because the variant list so far being circulated doesn't seem to be a well put together one.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-features.png  

Last edited by akhil_rpmlover : 4th July 2019 at 11:29.
akhil_rpmlover is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 11:32   #640
BHPian

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Thx for the info. Yes, pretty horrible strategy with no DCT in the top variant.

Equally silly is having Heads Up Display (HUD) in the lower version and not parking sensors.

Parking sensors and cameras should be available even in entry level variants; they're not a luxury item anymore.
Parking sensors can be fixed at any car accessories shop easily, whereas retrofitting a hud with a flush finish would be a difficult task. Not a very mindful strategy by kia but good for the customers imo.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th July 2019 at 00:26. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Old 4th July 2019, 11:46   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramansh View Post
Parking sensors can be fixed at any car accessories..
Wouldn't that void the warranty? For an unknown brand in Indian market, that could become a red flag for buyers.
Old 4th July 2019, 11:53   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Wouldn't that void the warranty? For an unknown brand in Indian market, that could become a red flag for buyers.
Not if you get them affixed at the dealership, would cost a bit more than outside accessories shops though.
Old 4th July 2019, 12:00   #643
Senior - BHPian

What is this light bar in the feature list? Anyone have a picture?
Old 4th July 2019, 12:09   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post

I think its mood lighting because thats not mentioned anywhere and thats a feature which has been well highlighted everywhere else.
Old 4th July 2019, 14:22   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Not the mood lighting, I think it's the front led light strip below the bonnet.
akhil_rpmlover is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks