Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2019, 19:27   #1996
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
So as per my understanding, the HUD will be available on the GT Spec diesel AT but not on the Diesel manual?
HUD is dedicated to GT Line and will be available in all variants of GTX and GTX+. None of the HT Variants including HTX+ will have HUD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
In the second page of the PDF it says the IVT is with the diesel engine and the AT is with the normal-petrol engine.
Everywhere else its the other way around. Have Kia goofed up their brochure ? The plus pack is my choice.
Page 4 under GTX, there is a mention that Drive/Traction Mode is available in 7DCT/6AT only. I don’t think we have 6AT in GTX. Doubt if this is the final version of the brochure to be printed. 2 easily spotable mistakes.

Last edited by MukundanMK : 20th August 2019 at 19:34.
MukundanMK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 19:55   #1997
BHPian

Got my first look at the Kia Seltos, during a recent visit to Chennai.

Very impressed with the fit finish and the paint gloss.

I find the Seltos real good looking and have a feeling that Kia will be a strong competitor in the coming few years, for those looking for an automobile, that is a little more premium than Hyundai.

Frankly, dont see the point of the Honda HR-V anymore - The Seltos matches it for 'Fit and Finish' though the HR-V is a bit larger and more spacious but with boring interiors.

For some reason, it appears to me, that Kia is a notch above Hyundai in build quality as well. Will probably take a test drive in the coming months, to see if the 'Go' matches the 'Show'.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190819_161150.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190819_161158.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190819_161212.jpg  

Redline6800 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 20:25   #1998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
….Page 4 under GTX, there is a mention that Drive/Traction Mode is available in 7DCT/6AT only. I don’t think we have 6AT in GTX. Doubt if this is the final version of the brochure to be printed. 2 easily spotable mistakes.
Is that a mistake?
If we check the heading above it clearly specifies GTX+ as G1.4T-GDI MT/7 DCT and 1.5 D AT (Diesel).
Hence the sentence specifies that drive and traction modes options are available only on the auto versions (7 DCT or 6 AT) variants respectively and not on the manual. That's all.

Notwithstanding, I asked my dealer to check and they opined that this brochure appears to be an "older and an incomplete one". They did not specify as to why they opined so.

It would appear the Koreans are running a tight ship, like a good military op and are holding their cards close!!!

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 20th August 2019 at 20:26. Reason: syntax
Old 20th August 2019, 20:49   #1999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Is that a mistake? If we check the heading above it clearly specifies GTX+ as G1.4T-GDI MT/7 DCT and 1.5 D AT (Diesel). Hence the sentence specifies that drive and traction modes options are available only on the auto versions (7 DCT or 6 AT) variants respectively and not on the manual. That's all.
You got it wrong my friend. I was referring to the Standard Pack table on the left side (when viewing the PDF in my laptop) of Page 4, while you are referring to the Plus Pack on the right side. There is a mention of 6AT under GTX, which is INCORRECT. I know that Drive and Traction Modes are dedicated for GT Autos only (not applicable for all Manuals and HT Autos). Doesn't look good if such technical errors are there in a brochure. Attached is the snip from brochure with the 2 errors.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kia-seltos-brochure-error.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kia-seltos-brochure-error-2.jpg  

Old 20th August 2019, 21:04   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
You got it wrong my friend. I was referring to the Standard Pack table on the left side (when viewing the PDF in my laptop) of Page 4, while you are referring to the Plus Pack on the right side.... the 2 errors.
You are right, its all about the left! (could not resist that one!)

Well then, it appears to be a 'cut-and-paste' job of sorts - perhaps an over-enthusiastic dealer trying to give some tid-bits to pesky customers asking for information, in the absence of official communication from Kia?

I doubt that the folks at Kia could make such blunders... given that this is not the first overseas market that they are tackling. I am willing to give them the benefit of doubt on this one.

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 20th August 2019 at 21:08.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 21:20   #2001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
I doubt that the folks at Kia could make such blunders... given that this is not the first overseas market that they are tackling. I am willing to give them the benefit of doubt on this one.
You're absolutely spot on. Such errors won't make it to the final copy. It has to be approved by product, marketing and legal teams.

At best these are wild guesses or may be purposeful confusion. A confused customer is better than a lost customer.
Old 20th August 2019, 21:35   #2002
BHPian

The height and the width of the car in Korea and in India remains the same. The only difference lies is in the wheelbase and the actual length.

Korean
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190820_211206.jpg

Indian
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190820_211220.jpg

The wheelbase is shorter by 20mm (to make the rear doors longer) and after calculations the length in total is 40mm smaller than the Korean spec car. I believe 20mm is shaved from front and rear bumper. (10mm from front, 10mm from rear)

To improve the stance for the longer Korean version they provide 18inch wheels. I find 17inch don't look bad either on our smaller car.

The Korean option list had an optional beautiful 18inch alloy rim design. Have a look:

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190820_212220.jpg

The possible reasons might be:
1. Korean spec has a different drivetrain that is compatible with 4WD drive system.
2. Cost cutting measure.
3. Korean spec cars have bigger engines.
4. Weight Reduction to improve fuel economy.
5. To improve performance output from smaller engine units.

Evident differences visible:
1. Shorter rear doors in Indian spec when compared to Korean spec.
2. The rear bumper looks alittle cramped in our Indian spec.
3. Bonnet line is absent from the Indian Spec model.

In the international market the Seltos competes with bigger SUV's so I believe the Indian version had to fit a price bracket in order to compete with its direct rivals. This inturn translates why the fit and finish seems a class above.

Despite this, I'm still interested to purchase a Seltos. I feel Kia designers have really blended the design so well despite the size difference. Both the car's are identical in appearance, it's just that one offers a longer wheelbase than the other that includes alittle longer face and a rear.

Note that the Indian version will be sold in Mexico too.
momsonlydriver is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 23:53   #2003
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
Ex showroom is 11.48 for HTK plus manual petrol according to very reliable sources; based on factory despatch invoice to the dealer.

Adding it here to know how close it is to real price in 2 days :-)
That is a bit disappointing. I had a wild hope that this variant will come in at 9.99 and avoid the hefty road taxes on cars above 10.00 Lakhs ex-showroom. This variant has all the bare necessities (essential safety kit, a nice HUD, good looking exteriors and interiors while not being garish with too much chrome, keyless entry and push button start, alloy wheels, cruise control etc.) to be an idea daily city slicker as well as being a good long distance highway car.
Old 21st August 2019, 01:16   #2004
BHPian

Any news about the time at which the price reveal would be done on 22 august?
Old 21st August 2019, 02:44   #2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramansh View Post
Any news about the time at which the price reveal would be done on 22 august?
The event is from 12 pm - 2 pm.
autoenthu88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 17:39   #2006
BHPian

This thread has been awfully silent today given that we’re less than 24 hours away from the launch! This is the least activity I’ve witnessed from this thread since I started following it.
pavanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 17:43   #2007
BHPian

No activity Today, or is it calm before the storm. 1 day to go. Hope, we get the all the details by this time tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I just checked the Kia website. Tried to chat with the chat-bot. For all my queries, I get a standard reply:-

"Good question! I don't have that information quite yet. But should have it shortly."

Well, it's in beta version. Can't complain.
Old 21st August 2019, 17:55   #2008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanth View Post
This thread has been awfully silent today given that we’re less than 24 hours away from the launch! This is the least activity I’ve witnessed from this thread since I started following it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
No activity Today, or is it calm before the storm. 1 day to go. Hope, we get the all the details by this time tomorrow.
Both of you have become addicts to this thread and you have my company also. Hopefully this calm remains as calm, after tomorrow’s event. Good Luck to each one of us

I spoke to one of my known source in Kia today. As per him the price is definitely going to be aggressive. He too is not aware fully and was saying that the price would be between 9.89 (HTE Petrol) and 16.39 (GTX Auto). Comes to about 20 on road for Hyderabad and I wouldn’t call that aggressive pricing. Something around 18 would be a No No Deal price for me.

There will be no price reveal of GTX+ Autos tomorrow.
Old 21st August 2019, 18:36   #2009
BHPian

Quote:

There will be no price reveal of GTX+ Autos tomorrow.
That's the sad part of the whole waiting thing. The sales guy wanted me to confirm my booking for automatic top endyasap to get the car soon but how can I do that without price knowledge
Old 21st August 2019, 18:52   #2010
Senior - BHPian

One can always deduce the GTX+ Auto price by crude math:

Price(GTX+ Auto) = Price(GTX+ Manual) + [Price(GTK+ Auto) - Price(GTK+ Manual)]
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks