Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2019, 18:31   #3886
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjv777 View Post
That would make sense. Be safe
I have checked today with the showroom folks on the upgrade to 17" on HTK and lower versions. They said currently they do not have the option and it needs to be done third party. For third party, it is subjective on the warranty.
anzrulz555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 18:40   #3887
Senior - BHPian

I think this feature alone offers a solid reason to jump to Seltos. Kia should have done this video at launch. Thanks for sharing
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhidube View Post
Came across this Youtube video around Seltos Air purifier effectiveness in Delhi. Seems like a genuine person and review. If it's really that effective, I'm glad that I bought GTX version :-)
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 18:40   #3888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank_ferrari View Post
HI all Bhpians. Good Day! As we are seeing a lot of Kia Seltos being sold and in excess of 60K bookings being received including mine, I am terribly confused as I went to the Kia showroom in my city(Lucknow), showroom is still in construction phase. Sales reps, managers not heeding to prospective customers etc, leave aside the vehicle problems creeping up and flooding the internet with n number of issues DCT heating in B2B traffic, accidental repairs not being done on time due to lack of spares, UVO connect not working, AVN hanging etc. Although a Hyundai sister concern, still I am lacking confidence of buying DCT GTX+ costing approx 20 lac due to all this. I feel along with a vehicle review, it's after sales network and service quality with timelines should also be reviewed especially the new brand launches.

Enlighten me Bhpians, I am stuck in nomans' land right now.

PS. Post from Gaadiwadi.com enlists 7 common mistakes Kia Seltos Owners facing PAN India.
No vehicle is perfect in the market and any vehicle will have its own flaws. At the end it matters down if the negatives outweighs the positives for that particular buyer. DCT issues are being reported in Seltos and Venue as they use dry clutch instead of wet. Its a new product to Indian market and only time will say how good of a technology it is. A big manufacturer like Hyundai / Kia would play safe in bringing newer technologies to a mass market like India by analyzing tons of test data even before zeroing in an option during product development phase. Internet is a great platform to gather information about anything and everything. In most scenarios, people do not report positive reviews and they also blow issues out of proportion.

Personally i never buy a vehicle within the first year after its launch. Working in the industry, i can say that no manufacturer can catch all issues in a vehicle before launch and they use customer feedback / warranty claims to tweak their vehicle in the following years.

No one can guess how good the after sales experience is going to be. Kia will take at least a couple of years to establish their presence and reputation in the Indian market.
vj123 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 18:54   #3889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
You’re right. Checked my app. Everything is down. No trip history since the 6th, no remote start or stop etc. I’m surprised they haven’t been able to fix it for 5 days.
That's a pretty long downtime by 2019 standards. Have they specified the issue?
Old 11th November 2019, 19:45   #3890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Is this even a glitch ? Isn't cruise control supposed to disengage when either clutch or brake pedal is pressed ?
From the way it has been described, it looks like the accelerator also went dead upon braking, which resulted in the vehicle coming to a halt (instead of accelerating back when the accelerator is pressed)
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 20:26   #3891
BHPian

Quote:
You’re right. Checked my app. Everything is down. No trip history since the 6th, no remote start or stop etc. I’m surprised they haven’t been able to fix it for 5 days.
In IT terms, that's like an enterprise / cloud app not working for 5 days! In industries where this could be catastrophic (costing millions to billions of dollars in loss) , there are enough failsafe mechanisms for such a situation to never occur.

In fact, when one of the hurricanes pounded the east coast of the United States in 2012, my customer's data centre was flooded and yet the enterprise apps were back online in two days flat.

Coming to the UVO app, it's a cloud service Kia is selling with their cars and isn't their core product (read revenue generator) and is also a subscription-based service. People are not going to stop buying Kia cars because UVO is down for five days. So Kia need not deploy as much resources and capital to fix it - resources and capital being finite entities - can be used where the moolah is i.e. producing more cars!

Cheers!
DueLLeR
DueLLeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 21:08   #3892
BHPian

Quote:
I contacted the KIA call centre. Apparently this is a problem with their service provider (Vodaphone) whose technical team have been unable to resolve this issue since 6th Nov.
John is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 22:50   #3893
Senior - BHPian

7 Common problems Owner's face with Kia Seltos:

https://gaadiwaadi.com/7-common-prob...-in-india/amp/
AMG Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 23:12   #3894
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank_ferrari View Post
HI all Bhpians. Good Day! As we are seeing a lot of Kia Seltos being sold and in excess of 60K bookings being received including mine, I am terribly confused as I went to the Kia showroom in my city(Lucknow), showroom is still in the construction phase. Sales reps, managers not heeding to prospective customers, etc, leave aside the vehicle problems creeping up and flooding the internet with n number of issues DCT heating in B2B traffic, accidental repairs not being done on time due to lack of spares, UVO connects not working, AVN hanging, etc. Although a Hyundai sister-concern, still I am lacking the confidence of buying DCT GTX+ costing approx 20 lac due to all this. I feel along with a vehicle review, it's after-sales network and service quality with timelines should also be reviewed especially the new brand launches.

Enlighten me Bhpians, I am stuck in no man's land right now.

PS. Post from Gaadiwadi.com enlists 7 common mistakes Kia Seltos Owners facing PAN India.

About the DCT (DSG) it is meant to fail at some point, it maybe 5 months or 5 years manufacturer can't guarantee a thing! The thing they can do & should do is a goodwill warranty if it is within their terms like the Volkswagen group.

know this Mechatronics unit, Dual Clutch replacement ain't cheap! An unfortunate mishap & kaboom DCT is hit & insurance policy addon is missing Engine cover. The owner is going to be screwed up for a 6 digit figure.

Do check the DSG related thread here on Teambhp also all around the world even Lamborghini ones!��

So all of this gets down to one single thing, are we getting a family car for FUN part ya "PEACE OF MIND". ��

For PEACE OF MIND get the GTX+ Diesel Automatic (Torque Converter)

[Christian von Koenigsegg the greatest of minds in the automotive industry ditched the DCT & made his own Torque converter for his hyper cars]

Good Luck!

Last edited by navin : 14th November 2019 at 11:08. Reason: typos
SequentialShift is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 12th November 2019, 06:08   #3895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SequentialShift View Post
About the DCT (DSG) it is meant to fail at some point, it may be 5 months or 5 years manufacturer can't guarantee a thing!
I would love to see some real world data about this statement.

If DSG was unreliable, why would the biggest manufacturer in the word use it on almost all of their flagship models for decades. DSG issues have been resolved over time and its pretty reliable. People have reported zero issues in several of their high mileage vehicles in multiple VAG forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SequentialShift View Post
Christian von Koenigsegg the greatest of mind in automotive industry ditched the DCT & made his own Torque converter for his hyper cars
Koenigsegg manufactures most of its components in-house to have better control of their product development and also to reduce cost.

For example, they would have opted for Brembos calipers on all of their vehicles rather than developing their own had they had wanted the best in the market.
vj123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 08:29   #3896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
UVO is working fine for me in Mumbai.
What is the last date for which you can pull off the drive data from your UVO app on mobile?
Old 12th November 2019, 09:14   #3897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
What is the last date for which you can pull off the drive data from your UVO app on mobile?
6th November. After this communication with the server has been down.
Old 12th November 2019, 09:52   #3898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
6th November. After this communication with the server has been down.
Hi John, I know I was the first one to post it on this thread. However, TG_F196, had claimed it is working for him so was just curious.

I feel 6 days is an eternity for sorting things like these out. I knew Kia chose a wrong Telecom Partner in Voda/Idea. They are struggling and are happy to get out if things become any worse, which it seems like they will.
AGwagon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 10:28   #3899
BHPian

Quote:
Hi John, I know I was the first one to post it on this thread. However, TG_F196, had claimed it is working for him so was just curious.

I feel 6 days is an eternity for sorting things like these out. I knew Kia chose a wrong Telecom Partner in Voda/Idea. They are struggling and are happy to get out if things become any worse, which it seems like they will.

Spoke to KIA call centre exec. this morning. It appears Vodaphone is clueless and still struggling. They have no idea when the system will be back and running.

If Vodaphone backs out and KIA have to choose another service provider I'm guessing the vehicles will have to be recalled for replacement of the e-sim.
John is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 10:28   #3900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I knew Kia chose a wrong Telecom Partner in Voda/Idea. They are struggling and are happy to get out if things become any worse, which it seems like they will.
I think Vodafone is the only one offering such eSIMs for IoT for now. Even Hyundai uses their service I think. Overall across EU also, Vodafone seems to be one of the preferred eSIM providers for cars and similar devices (including pet dog trackers in the UK !).

This could have been a good opportunity for vendors like BSNL to strike a good deal. 3G networks are enough for car connectivity & what matters is more network coverage - which BSNL has. But we know how it works, so I'm asking something beyond dreams!

Last edited by Reinhard : 12th November 2019 at 10:30.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks