Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2019, 12:17   #4351
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
Got my GTX+ DCT Pearl White delivered on Sunday (booked on day 1).

......In city mileage on MID topped at 10-11 so I'm expecting a real mileage of 7-8 (in Bangalore, including Mahadevapura-Kadubeesanahalli ORR stretch). Sharp departure from my diesel days but have to retune the mentality I guess.
First mileage update. Completed first tank to tank, recorded mileage of 9.0+. This is 100% BLR traffic mileage, including 50% in the grinding ORR traffic (i.e. crawling). The MID showed 9.4 in this round so pretty close

Did an morning airport run of 80kms and overall mileage for that trip was 14.3 on MID so again pretty decent. Overall, not as bad as I had feared.

The pickup is addictive; one push to the pedal and it goes like a rocket, pretty handy on the empty stretches of ORR.

0 issues with temperature (BLR is cold right now) .

I'm not regretting my decision to move away from diesel mills!

Apart from that, yet to figure out some features in the car (e.g. perfume settings).

Hope to go on an inter-city drive soon!
Logan2007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 18:24   #4352
BHPian

My intention of this post is to ensure, I try to answer the below questions for prospective buyers & existing customers:

* My Requirement?
* Shortlisted Car?
* Why Kia?
* Which Dealer in Hyderabad?
* Which model?
* Pre-delivery Instructions
* Delivery Instructions
* Post Delivery - What treatment is recommended after buying your car and from where (incl costing estimates)?

After precisely 8 years 11 months and 13 days of using my existing car (Hyundai i10) clocking 1,42,000kms, I finally could afford to upgrade. Since the last 2 years, I have only been contemplating of buying a new car. Being a car and speed enthusiast, my requirement of a new car had been clear, it has always been:

My Requirement?
1. Power (the more the bhp the better | 0-100kmph <10 sec | min 120+ bhp)
2. Fits my budget, I could max stretch around 23lakhs.
3. Only top-end to be considered; need all the bells and whistles - don’t like local mechanics fiddling with electronics.
4. 160mm+ ground clearance, only reason being pothole filled roads, water flooding in rainy season and long drives in uneven unforeseen roads.
5. Sophisticated looks.

Shortlisted Cars?

I already had test-driven and shortlisted few cars, here’s the list and why I didn’t buy any of them:

• Jeep Compass (Diesel Manual): One of my favorites; ticks mostly all requirements and has excellent built quality and engine. I had in-fact taken this on-lease and used it extensively for a couple of days. Rejected due to; negative feedback about after sales, low dealership network, Jeep brand known for niggles, for the price being paid very less features, not value for money.

• Skoda Octavia (1.8 TSI): After an actual test-drive, I was sold out on this car. The 180 bhp engine is a monster in disguise. Such effective auto-gearbox and the car felt planted even at 120+ speed. Rejected due to; low ground clearance (on my test-drive itself the car was scrapping at pot-hole), no discounts at all on the Onyx model in-spite of being BSIV engine, dealer monopoly in Hyderabad (only 1 dealer with all showrooms), top end L&K dead expensive and a new model is just around the corner with BSVI engine and better design.

• Hyundai Verna (Diesel Manual): In-spite of being a sedan, its ground clearance is excellent (165mm). Its fast and looks & feels premium. Rejected due to; New model to be launched very soon, new features missing “Internet Inside”, etc. Yet I would have bought it if Kia would not have launched at all.

Why Kia?
It has been a love-hate relationship with Kia ever since I read about media and customer complaints. Issues like select media issuing a statement on not reviewing Kia, Issues with Delivery Commitments, Spare availability issues, DCT Overheating issues, pre-sales issues with dealers, etc kept me thinking about committing to Kia. Yet, I choose to move ahead, giving a benefit of doubt to Kia, assuming they would resolve these as soon as they establish themselves in India with strong backing from Hyundai. And top of it, it ticked all the boxes in my requirements and has been a pure value for money offering with the turbo engine, features and dealership network in India.

Which Dealer?
There are 3 actual dealers with 5 showrooms across Hyderabad. I choose to go with Automotive Kia in Kondapur. While, there are others too, but the only reason I went with Automotive Kia in Kondapur; they had the car available immediately and my pre-sale exp with Car Kia was not impressive.

Automotive Kia | Kondapur (Hi-tech City)
Automotive Kia | Nagole
Car Kia | Jubliee Hills
Vihaan Auto | Kukatpally
Vihaan Auto | Secunderabad

Heads-up: I literally was about to cancel my booking at this dealership. The reason being, the way the whole booking process was being handled. Right from a sales executive who didn’t know even the basics like, providing a receipt for booking amount or calling back the customer if he is calling you time and again just to get one update. Somehow, they pacified me to continue my booking.

Which Model?
Honestly, I am not an automatic lover at all. I need the gears to work according to my taste rather than rely on their AI. Yet my perception was completely changed after driving the 1.8TSI Octavia. Its DCT (Wet) is super-slick and fast, but that comes with a cost. My driving varies with my mood and a DCT too can never match the pace. In an automatic, I need the effectiveness of a DCT and maintenance like Torque converter. Hence, I ended up with a 1.4 GTX Plus Manual. And trust me, the clutch is super smooth, while it does have a little more travel, but you’ll get used to it in no time. With a manual, I can be care-free with the gearbox and can leverage the optimum potential of the car.

Booking Instructions:
• Ensure you check with every dealer on discounts if any, while for Kia there are no discounts you can still negotiate on Insurance, Accessories costing.
• If you are taking the top-end model, do not buy the accessories – most of the basic accessories are already included in the car except mats.
• Full matting was provided by the dealer by charging extra ~Rs 4,500 [image below]. Ensure you confirm this while booking.
• Be very clear about the date of delivery and take it in writing and signed from the sales executive on the same booking receipt.
• Ensure the model number, the color of the car and fuel type is mentioned correctly on the booking form.
• Check on insurance benefits, right from engine protect to return to invoice option.

Pre-delivery Inspection:

While I blindly followed the team-bhp checklist I ensured the below points were emphasized on:
• The first thing to check while you have the car in front of you, Odometer reading. It should be ~<=100kms. And should be working, this will confirm that there was no tampering done.
• Next, a very important point to be checked: Car Manufacturing Month and Year. Ask the car person to show you the embedded VIN number on the chassis of the car (usually below the driver seat) – you can decode it online or check with the Kia representative.
• The next step is to check for any dents or scratches across the car which are evident.
• Check all tyre’s including the Stepney is of the same brand and looks new.
• Check if the car’s jack and its accessories are included.
• Check the IDV value in the Insurance quote, it should be just 5% less than the ex-showroom price.
• Check if all the documentation incl. Invoice has VIN/Engine number mentioned as-is, as embedded in the car.
• Check if FastTag and car manual are available (my dealer charged me for the FastTag but never gave me one).
• Check if 5liter Petrol/Diesel is available in the car from the dealer.
• Please ensure whichever phone number and email address you provide in your forms, the same phone number is used while configuring your UVO app. If not, it won’t get configured. Once configured, you can share full access, I mean you can replicate the same access to any phone number in your family/friends.
• Finally, if you do believe in an auspicious time of delivery, then ensure give a heads-up to the sales representative that he needs to keep the car ready at [x: xx am/pm] time, as you are very particular about taking your car delivery at a certain time.

Delivery Instructions:

And finally, when the moment arrives; before just driving away in excitement, just hold back and have a quick check on these points:
• Check if Service Manual is provided by the representative delivering your car.
• Check if there are any scratches or dents anywhere on the body of the car, re-verifying as in my case the delivery was taking a day after the pre-inspection. Hence just to be safe please re-check.
• Check if the FastTag sticker is provided, this is already charged in your invoice.
• Ensure both the keys are provided to you; this is very important considering, recently Insurance companies have confirmed that they can decline claims if they find out that the customer doesn’t possess both the keys and will negate the claim stating the theft happened due to negligence of the customer.
• Ensure you take the invoice copy and PUC certificates from the dealer.
• Please ensure the Kia representative helps you configure the UVO connect app on your phone and helps ensure its configured and working.
• Please ensure you remove the sticker which contains the VIN, Engine number and other private details from the car window(s).
• Your Kia Seltos manual will be provided in a leather-like case. Ensure you get yours too.

What treatment after buying?
After spending all my free time on car reviews and comparisons, I finally purchased the Kia Seltos GT and that’s when the next big dilemma was born – What kind of protective coating should I go for on my car? And once again, my research started; there are tons of options available in the market like Teflon coating, anti-rust coating, ceramic coating, paint protection films, anti-mice coating, sound insulation coating, windshield films, etc.

Now the big question was, which treatment(s) to go for and from which reliable dealer?

Below are the treatments I shortlisted based on my discussion with various car enthusiasts and dealers. And then I decided based on my requirements if they are really value-for-money.
• 3M Ceramic Coating
• 3M Trizact Treatment
• 3M Paint Protection Film (PPF a.k.a Clear Bra) | the only film officially licensed to protect NASCAR race cars.
• 3M Rodent Repellant Coating
• 3M Underbody Anti-Rust Coating
• 3M Glossy Black Wrap for Roof-top and Wing Mirrors (top-end GTX Plus model doesn’t come in dual tone)

After talking to literally all 3M and non-3M dealers in Hyderabad, I was well equipped with all the knowledge I needed about each treatment and its costing. My biggest confusion was with PPF vs Ceramic. Considering PPF for a White color car was risky, most dealers said they would not take the risk as the film might get yellowish tint after 2-3 years, which might not look good. While one of the 3M dealers confirmed, the current film manufactured by 3M can be installed on a white color car without any issues.

With all the consolidated information and talking to car detailing dealers across, I finally went ahead with the below package from 3M Madhapur:
• 3M Paint Protection Film (PPF)
• 3M Trizact Treatment
• 3M Rodent Repellant Coating
• 3M Underbody Anti-Rust Coating
• 3M Glossy Black Wrap for Roof-top and Wing Mirrors

The whole package cost me precisely Rs 1,10,000 and the time it took was 2.5 days. If you are going for a PPF treatment, it is highly recommended to get this done as soon as you take the delivery of the new car. In my case, I got it done in just 3-days of taking the delivery.

Tips & Tricks
Below are a few tips & tricks which I feel can be beneficial:
* You can turn off the annoying single-horn sound the car makes when you lock or unlock the car: Just press the lock and unlock key together for 10 sec, the car will blink twice and you can rejoice the peace mode.
* If your car is locked and you have the key in your pocket, just go near the wing mirror and see the magic; wing mirrors will open automatically for you.
* Download the below apps:
* Kia Link India (service and maintenance needs) Android iOS
* Kia UVO Lite (remote control your media) Android
* Kia UVO (connected car solution integrates car, smartphone & infotainment) Android iOS
* Kia Owner’s Manual Android
* Kia Online Service Manual Download
* Kia Seltos is based on the same chassis as its Korean version with 1.6 turbocharged 177 Bhp engine – which implies the existing chassis for 1.4 turbo petrol engine is built to handle ~240kmph.
* In-case if you feel like upgrading your tyre, then the best option is Michelin Primacy 4 ST 215/60 R17 96H (MRP: Rs 10,490)
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-mykiaseltos_image.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-both-cars.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-floor-matting.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-buffing.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-ppf.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kia-seltos-3m-1.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-specs.png  

pankajparikh is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 21:46   #4353

After owning my pre-owned Civic for a little over seven years now, I have finally decided to take the plunge and buy a new car for myself. I have booked the Kia Seltos GTX+ D-AT in Aurora black and I'm expecting the delivery on Saturday this week, with the car having arrived at the dealers yard as of last saturday.

I have a couple of quick questions if I may.

I have read a lot of fellow BHPians suggest that for top-end version, skip the accessories package. I see the basic package (silver) includes things like mobile charger (which is redundant, especially considering there are two USB ports and a qi charger), idol, garbage bin etc. Can I expect the top variant to have at least have mud-flaps and or door sills for example?

As for my next question, I see the UVO app allows remote unlocking for example. Would I be able to leave my keys in the car and simply use my mobile to unlock the vehicle and start up (with or without the keys in the car) My SA was never able to give a clear answer for this.
Old 9th December 2019, 22:30   #4354
BHPian

For such a super hit car why isn't there an official review thread yet? I long to see all exterior and interior photos in one location.
Old 10th December 2019, 07:03   #4355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretendroid View Post
I see the basic package (silver) includes things like mobile charger (which is redundant, especially considering there are two USB ports and a qi charger), idol, garbage bin etc. Can I expect the top variant to have at least have mud-flaps and or door sills for example?
Mud Flaps are standard on GT line variants. You can get door sills from a good aftermarket firm if you like.
BZ25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 07:33   #4356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Took the Kia Seltos out on the highway for the first time today (Aditya has taken it out thrice earlier, including both the MTs).

Not sharing my usual short summary review as the Official Review is 60% complete. Will be up later in December.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
For such a super hit car why isn't there an official review thread yet? I long to see all exterior and interior photos in one location.
As GTO had pointed out earlier, the official review is already over 60% complete and should be up by late December. The forum review is always very extensive so it takes time.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 07:52   #4357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajparikh View Post
Pre-delivery Inspection:

While I blindly followed the team-bhp checklist I ensured the below points were emphasized on:
• The first thing to check while you have the car in front of you, Odometer reading. It should be ~<=100kms. And should be working, this will confirm that there was no tampering done.
• Next, a very important point to be checked: Car Manufacturing Month and Year. Ask the car person to show you the embedded VIN number on the chassis of the car (usually below the driver seat) – you can decode it online or check with the Kia representative.
• The next step is to check for any dents or scratches across the car which are evident.
• Check all tyre’s including the Stepney is of the same brand and looks new.
• Check if the car’s jack and its accessories are included.
• Check the IDV value in the Insurance quote, it should be just 5% less than the ex-showroom price.
• Check if all the documentation incl. Invoice has VIN/Engine number mentioned as-is, as embedded in the car.
• Check if FastTag and car manual are available (my dealer charged me for the FastTag but never gave me one).
• Check if 5liter Petrol/Diesel is available in the car from the dealer.
• Please ensure whichever phone number and email address you provide in your forms, the same phone number is used while configuring your UVO app. If not, it won’t get configured. Once configured, you can share full access, I mean you can replicate the same access to any phone number in your family/friends.
• Finally, if you do believe in an auspicious time of delivery, then ensure give a heads-up to the sales representative that he needs to keep the car ready at [x: xx am/pm] time, as you are very particular about taking your car delivery at a certain time.
We're you able to do the inspection prior to registration and if Yes, then did they allow you to check out the interiors?

In my case, I had visited the stockyard and I could do only inspection from outside. They did not allow me to open the car and check inside.
Don't know if this is the norm everywhere.

The vehicle is going for registration today and in couple of days I should be receiving her.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th December 2019 at 11:31. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Old 10th December 2019, 08:05   #4358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
We're you able to do the inspection prior to registration and if Yes, then did they allow you to check out the interiors?
I was allowed to open the car and I even started the car during the PDI. I didn't visit the yard, they got the car to the showroom.
kap04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 10:51   #4359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajparikh View Post
* Download the below apps:
* Kia Link India (service and maintenance needs) Android iOS
* Kia UVO Lite (remote control your media) Android
I have installed Kia Link app for my HTK+. When I open it, it asks if I wish to continue with kia module or without module. What I understand is that these modules are actually OBDC devices. So my querry is, where can I buy KIA module. If I can't will I be able to link KIA app with OBDC devices available on amazon.
Old 10th December 2019, 11:23   #4360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
- 80 & 120 Speed Warnings im aware but i also heard ' some times ' speed warning at 100ish while the Cruise Control set @ 102 km/h, Why / How ?
Congrats on your milestone, Karan!

Sorry for cross-posting on the KIA thread. I have a similar observation as yours, about a random beep coming at speeds other than 80 & 120. After a lot of attempts, I observed there is no message on the MID when this random beep comes (unlike the "Reduce Speed" message at 80 & 120). Also, I haven't been able to find a reason or pattern for the beep - it comes at random speeds above 80 kmph and comes even when the Cruise Control is not set.

Anyone else observed this and knows the reason for it? I thought a lot about it, probable causes and finally gave up! Now it is just another music for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkg2423 View Post
I have installed Kia Link app for my HTK+. When I open it, it asks if I wish to continue with kia module or without module. What I understand is that these modules are actually OBDC devices. So my querry is, where can I buy KIA module. If I can't will I be able to link KIA app with OBDC devices available on amazon.
KIA module device is not released yet by the company and the dealers say it might take few months before the device is released. The KIA Link app is not compatible with other OBD devices. So I would suggest to continue using the app without the module until it is available for purchase.

PS: If you face any challenge in logging in or registering on the app, then reach out to your dealer who can configure it quickly for you.

Last edited by ashis89 : 10th December 2019 at 11:45.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 11:35   #4361
BHPian

Someone took a test drive. Straight from the first floor!
NCAP test passed
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-fb_img_1575957761188.jpg  

John is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 11:45   #4362
BHPian

I was forced to cancel my booking of GTX D AT as there was no clarity from Bhavna Wheels, Panvel on delivery date. I will not go back to drawing board to wait for and assess all new launches. Exciting times ahead.
Old 10th December 2019, 12:06   #4363
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
NCAP test passed
(Borrowing from creativity of friends)

#Badass, tune yeh kya Kia ?

Translation - badass, what did you do? But literal translation loses the pun on Kia

Last edited by SDP : 10th December 2019 at 12:09.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 12:09   #4364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Congrats on your milestone, Karan!

Sorry for cross-posting on the KIA thread. I have a similar observation as yours, about a random beep coming at speeds other than 80 & 120. After a lot of attempts, I observed there is no message on the MID when this random beep comes (unlike the "Reduce Speed" message at 80 & 120). Also, I haven't been able to find a reason or pattern for the beep - it comes at random speeds above 80 kmph and comes even when the Cruise Control is not set.

Anyone else observed this and knows the reason for it? I thought a lot about it, probable causes and finally gave up! Now it is just another music for me

As per the govt rules,

"The audible warning shall warn the driver with frequency not less than 1 cycle/ 2 minute when vehicle speed indicated in the speedometer exceeds 80 km/h (primary level) and continuously or intermittently with frequency not less than 1 cycle/ 2 sec when the vehicle speed indicated in the speedometer exceeds 120 km/h (secondary level)."

So they want the 80KMPH beep to repeat every 2 minutes at the very least. So it's not just beep once when crossing 80kmph - it's beep when crossing 80kmph and maintaining 80kmph+ for over 2 mins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
NCAP test passed
Looks like a fail to me, as the center part of the roof near the windscreen is caved in? Hope that's not from the frontal impact only! However, this could be due to an additional direct impact to the roof which is not obvious from the pic.

Last edited by d3mon : 10th December 2019 at 12:13.
d3mon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 12:32   #4365
BHPian

One customer will be waiting longer for his Kia

*Ohh dear it's a repost. Mods please delete if you feel so
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191210_123045_815.jpg  

Last edited by zhopudey : 10th December 2019 at 12:35. Reason: Repost
zhopudey is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks