Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2019, 12:39   #4366
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
For such a super hit car why isn't there an official review thread yet? I long to see all exterior and interior photos in one location.
GTO mentioned about 10 days back that official review was around 60% complete. It will be out in late December(as per GTO)
SahilS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 13:58   #4367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
We're you able to do the inspection prior to registration and if Yes, then did they allow you to check out the interiors?

In my case, I had visited the stockyard and I could do only inspection from outside. They did not allow me to open the car and check inside.
Don't know if this is the norm everywhere.

The vehicle is going for registration today and in couple of days I should be receiving her.
Yes, I did the complete inspection prior - they did and should allow pre-delivery inspection for the complete vehicle both inside out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkg2423 View Post
I have installed Kia Link app for my HTK+. When I open it, it asks if I wish to continue with kia module or without module. What I understand is that these modules are actually OBDC devices. So my querry is, where can I buy KIA module. If I can't will I be able to link KIA app with OBDC devices available on amazon.
Please continue using without module. Kia modules are not available for now, and I don't think it'll work with generic modules available on Amazon. I would advise, please don't take a chance.
pankajparikh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 14:00   #4368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Someone took a test drive. Straight from the first floor!
NCAP test passed
The crash results are very impressive. I'm waiting for the actual NCAP ratings. Why can't they rate the cars before releasing them into the market?
Old 10th December 2019, 15:03   #4369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
The crash results are very impressive. I'm waiting for the actual NCAP ratings. Why can't they rate the cars before releasing them into the market?
I heard somewhere that NCAP tests are done by the organisation on their own. I mean car companies do not provide free cars for that test, they rather buy the cars before tests. Not sure about this. But it seems true as most of the tests were done on the cars under 15 lakhs. Someone please confim.
Old 10th December 2019, 15:20   #4370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkg2423 View Post
I heard somewhere that NCAP tests are done by the organisation on their own. I mean car companies do not provide free cars for that test, they rather buy the cars before tests. Not sure about this. But it seems true as most of the tests were done on the cars under 15 lakhs. Someone please confim.
I guess it is. They are basically governed by many trustees or multiple organizations (charity foundations). Each of these member companies usually sponsor/decide on the car to be tested.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 16:52   #4371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretendroid View Post
Can I expect the top variant to have at least have mud-flaps and or door sills for example?

As for my next question, I see the UVO app allows remote unlocking for example. Would I be able to leave my keys in the car and simply use my mobile to unlock the vehicle and start up (with or without the keys in the car) My SA was never able to give a clear answer for this.
Congratulations on the upcoming new car!

The door sills are available as a accessory, I got them. Mudflaps will come pre-installed.

if you leave the key in the car, I am guessing anyone pressing the request sensor can unlock the car.
Old 10th December 2019, 16:56   #4372
BHPian

I received my delivery of ivt last week. Mine is a pearl white colour and am pleased to see that KIAs white shines quite similar to any metallic colour, may be due to the pearl nature of the paint.

Can someone please advice on the paint protection part? KIA is offering protection by Horizon. They say that it is standard in Hyundai group. Seeing old Hyundai cars, am not too impressed with the quality of coat and protection. Haven't found many Cretas to be shining once they are old.

On the contrary, my Red Punto shined even after 10 years, thanks to the paint quality and teflon coat that was applied soon after the delivery.

I don't want to spend upwards of 10-15k. None of the 3M products have appealed to me till now. I am rather confused with the variety.

Old 10th December 2019, 18:10   #4373
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

As received on WhatsApp

Kamothe Kia
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191210wa0042.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191210wa0041.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191210wa0040.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191210wa0039.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191210wa0038.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191210wa0037.jpg  

ACM is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 18:34   #4374

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Congratulations on the upcoming new car!

The door sills are available as a accessory, I got them. Mudflaps will come pre-installed.

if you leave the key in the car, I am guessing anyone pressing the request sensor can unlock the car.
Thanks so much. Unfortunately the car is going to be delayed by a couple of days due to loan processing (realized too late, that we didn't have enough cheque leaves) Anyways it's scheduled to be picked up next Wednesday, and the time seems to move too slow

Reason I asked about the door sills were, I was a bit partial to a carbon fiber finish on on aliexpress but looks like it is a sticker as opposed to a solid chunk of plastic or metal. Might as well go with the Kia sills on sale by the dealer
Old 10th December 2019, 20:08   #4375
BHPian

Heres the story behind the Seltos accident.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/kia-seltos-di...of-dealership/
John is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 09:58   #4376

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
The price can differ from state to state . I paid 29000 for 4 tyres after exchange. The new tyre full price is 12350 per tyre.
Is this price in Bangalore ? Any recommended Michelin dealer near Marthahalli / Bellandur area ?
Old 11th December 2019, 12:40   #4377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1376 View Post
I swapped my tyres immediately after delivery (GTX+ DCT). I upsized to Yokohama Advan Sport 225/55/R17. Got around 4.5k each for the stock tyres.
We upgraded my friends Selto's Diesel GT Plus Goodyear tires, immediately post delivery (Hyderabad). Up-sized to 235/55 R17 ContiSportContact. I guess this is the perfect upgrade, as the diameter difference is 0%. Paid 35K after exchange, in total. Apart from the size & quality upgrade, the load and speed ratings are better than stock too. Pics of the same -
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191210wa0013.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191210wa0011.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191210wa0012.jpg  

Rohit_Quad is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 16:36   #4378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
As received on WhatsApp

Kamothe Kia
The clutch on the manual transmission (diesel) has a bit of a kickback and causes the car to jump ahead. It takes a little getting used to. This is probably what happened to the car that crashed.

The first time I started my car at the time of delivery, I almost bumped into the car in front of me while trying to get it out of a tight parking. But within a few minutes of driving the car I got used to it.
manishk123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 18:28   #4379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
The clutch on the manual transmission (diesel) has a bit of a kickback and causes the car to jump ahead. It takes a little getting used to. This is probably what happened to the car that crashed.

The first time I started my car at the time of delivery, I almost bumped into the car in front of me while trying to get it out of a tight parking. But within a few minutes of driving the car I got used to it.
The car that was crashed was an automatic transmission.
momsonlydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 18:31   #4380
BHPian

The Disk brake Calipers are painted in Red for the front and White for the Rear calipers. Is it a design pattern or something else.

Which color would be ideal for Steel Silver Car with Gun metal color alloys?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed