Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2018, 16:32   #301
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
I have decided to drop the Amaze plans as I plan to use the car mainly within the city and frequent down shift would be a nightmare in stop and go traffic.
Congratulations on the final decision. It is always a pain, when one is expecting delivery and a new launch happens and puts one's purchase in a dilemma.

I didn't get the downshift part, why would you shift in an auto transmission?

Regarding the NCB, you can use that in year 2 too, so don't fret over it for the imminent delivery. Get the new car, then complete the NCB transfer formalities, as the letter is valid for a year from issuing date.
Old 18th May 2018, 16:40   #302
BHPian

I just got the booking form signed and returned by the Honda Dealership in Trivandrum. They also echoed the statement as follows the booking is done for a V CVT iVTEC model and the price is honoured if it falls within the 20000 bookings across the dealerships in India and if its falling outside that range then the pricing set by Honda India at that time will matter and delivery date although mentioned as of now of 25th of June may vary.

Regarding the cost the following is what is the price and extras
a) Vehicle price V CVT - golden brown metallic 1.2 - Rs 7,99,900
b) Registration - Rs 5865/-
c) Insurance - Rs 21117/- From Honda
d) Life Time Tax - Rs 63992/-
e) Accessories - Rs 2999/- Contains premium floor mats and something else.
Thus OTR = Rs 893874/-
Hope this helps
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 17:07   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Just got a call from my dealer asking to deposit 5L for the diesel V CVT variant. I had done the pre-booking 3 weeks back. My dealer has promised delivery of the car by month end.

Is this normal practice to request for such a heavy payment of 5L before the vehicle reaches the showroom? Anyone else had similar experience?
I think they want to know how you are going to make the payment. Usually the final payment need to be completed before the day of registration. This will be either paid by the customer or by the finance company.

Check with them whether the vehicle is their yard and can you iinspect the same. If you are convinced note the chassis no and make the payment against that and your booking reference and then agree on teh date of registration and make the final payment including OTR and verify the vehicle and collect the same.
Old 18th May 2018, 17:41   #304
BHPian

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that the design still looks a generation old? And those wheel caps re-iterate the fact.
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 18:38   #305
BHPian

Honda should have offered more accessories for the Amaze. The accessories offered are limited to some chrome garnish and some bumber guards and door handle guards. They should have offered accessories like fog lamps, DRLs, seat covers, alloys and maybe a spoiler etc. And not even mud guards!

Last edited by Flyer : 18th May 2018 at 18:40.
Old 18th May 2018, 19:36   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Honda should have offered more accessories for the Amaze. The accessories offered are limited to some chrome garnish and some bumber guards and door handle guards. They should have offered accessories like fog lamps, DRLs, seat covers, alloys and maybe a spoiler etc. And not even mud guards!
If you check the display cars in the expo, in one of the cars it had rear lip spoiler. If they release a sports model later, then we could get its body kit.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th May 2018 at 01:18. Reason: u > you. No SMS lingo on the forums please. Thanks.
Old 19th May 2018, 13:13   #307
BHPian

My take on the loud front CHROME bar, minimalism using photoshop. Might not appeal to people loving chrome.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-amazemod.jpg  

Last edited by junky : 19th May 2018 at 13:14.
junky is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th May 2018, 15:19   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junky View Post
My take on the loud front CHROME bar, minimalism using photoshop. Might not appeal to people loving chrome.
Love the matte black grill. I don't know why companies feel like covering the car is chrome is the end all of appeal. I prefer more subtle and sedate designs like these. That's why I love the new Swift's front grille compared to the Dzire that has Chrome splashed all over the front.
Old 19th May 2018, 16:18   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
That's why I love the new Swift's front grille compared to the Dzire that has Chrome splashed all over the front.
Nothing against Dzire owners or Lovers, talking only about the front look (perspective) it feels more like a HM Ambassador facelift rather of the Dzire.
Appreciate the neat lines on the rear, space inside and equipment.
Old 19th May 2018, 16:20   #310
BHPian

Took another TD of the diesel V XVT variant today, the drive felt much smoother than the earlier drive.

The passenger side storage box kept opening on its own when driven over rough patches. Did anyone else notice this during their TD, or is this a one-off instance?

The start/stop button was not working. The salesman took the remote right next to the start/stop button to start the car. The dealer said it is because the battery is weak. I was totally clueless after seeing this since this is a brand new car with just 75 kms on the odo. Is this also a one-off instance in the TD car and may not be an issue in the vehicle to be delivered?

Got an opportunity to drive this in a steep incline. There is no dedicated hill assist feature provided, but the vehicle role back very slow when in 'D' mode. Also when rolling back slowly, after applying the brakes and then taking my foot off the brake, the car came to a standstill and did not roll back.
scorpion_blore is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2018, 17:15   #311
BHPian

Hi Ritesh,

I was talking about the frequent downshift with respect to the new Honda Amaze which has been recently launched. I had booked the dzire but was considering if I should change my booking to Amaze. A quick test drive proved me wrong and settle with dzire. Also, as many of the forum members here also shared the same opinion as mine.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Congratulations on the final decision. It is always a pain, when one is expecting delivery and a new launch happens and puts one's purchase in a dilemma.

I didn't get the downshift part, why would you shift in an auto transmission?

Regarding the NCB, you can use that in year 2 too, so don't fret over it for the imminent delivery. Get the new car, then complete the NCB transfer formalities, as the letter is valid for a year from issuing date.
Old 19th May 2018, 17:18   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Took another TD of the diesel V XVT variant today, the drive felt much smoother than the earlier drive.

The passenger side storage box kept opening on its own when driven over rough patches. Did anyone else notice this during their TD, or is this a one-off instance?

The start/stop button was not working. The salesman took the remote right next to the start/stop button to start the car. The dealer said it is because the battery is weak. I was totally clueless after seeing this since this is a brand new car with just 75 kms on the odo. Is this also a one-off instance in the TD car and may not be an issue in the vehicle to be delivered?

Got an opportunity to drive this in a steep incline. There is no dedicated hill assist feature provided, but the vehicle role back very slow when in 'D' mode. Also when rolling back slowly, after applying the brakes and then taking my foot off the brake, the car came to a standstill and did not roll back.
Hi Thanks for the review feedback yes if the battery is not in range or for example the sales guy took the remote in his pocket and then getting back into the car sometimes we have to show the key next to the spot btw steering column and stop start button. Have seen it in BMW so it’s like you are again making the key and ecu synced up.

The dash board opening can be rectified am waiting for the petrol cvt detailed review here in the forum

And yes after depressing the brakes if the car has not rolled back that is the hill hold function but if am correct it will last for around 30 seconds or so
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2018, 19:18   #313
BHPian

Just now coming from a TD to check new Honda Amaze. As most of the information, images & videos, driving experiences etc. are available in the internet/youtube, I will just put some otherwise ignored facts:-

EXTERIOR:

1) Top variant is equipped with 15" rims wrapped in 175/65 section tyres.
2) However spare wheel is an inch smaller at 14 inch. God knows why they need to do that.
3) Talking about tyres, full plastic cladding at the front wheel arches. (at least on the top end, not sure about other variants). I Forgot about the rear one, sorry.
4) Comes with LED DRL but doen't get Projector headlamps.

INTERIOR

1) IRVM does not get auto-dimming function.
2) No spring-loaded grab handles are provided and none of them gets a coat hook
3) While amaze gets rear parking camera, but misses out on adaptive guidelines
4) No rear AC vent, but the AC is effective. At the rear, USB charger is provided
5) Passenger side request sensor is provided for convenience.
6) Sun visors are not great in design & feel. Driver-side unit does not even get a flap to hold tickets, while passenger side misses out on vanity mirror lights
7) Glove box doesn't get illumination
8) Cheap cost cutting: Tailgate does not get full black plastic cladding on the inside (full plastic cladding at the front wheel arches but no cladding here, god knows who decides all these!). The effect? ugly looking bare metal like this upon opening the boot:
Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-2.jpg

9) All four door pockets can take 1 litre bottle
10) An armrest with two cup holders at the rear but rear seat doesn't get adjustable head rest! Talk about understanding the typical Indian mentality: who cares about whiplash injury when you can show off that armrest & cup holders!!
11) Power window console is good, One-touch up and down functionality has been provided only for the driver's window:

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-1.jpg

12) Speed sensitive locking is provided at around 15-20 Kmph speed.

Cheers!
cp171185 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th May 2018, 21:37   #314
BHPian

Does anyone have details about accessories available? My sales-rep was totally clueless about the available accessories. However he showed some chrome add-ons without any clue about its pricing. He did mention about armrest for driver similar to the one available in WRV, bit in black colour.
Old 19th May 2018, 22:11   #315
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnan_v View Post
And yes after depressing the brakes if the car has not rolled back that is the hill hold function but if am correct it will last for around 30 seconds or so
Is normally for about 3 sec. Enough to press acc after lifting leg from the brakes.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks