Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2018, 04:56   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

Managed to see the new Amaze as it was being driven out from the showroom by the staff. The first thing that caught my eye was the garish and awkward chrome embellishment. Suffice to say, if I had to choose the Amaze, that piece would be the first to go even before leaving the showroom.

Visually, build quality looked to be the same as the previous generation. A friend has a Mobilio which I regularly use and the panel thickness (should I say, thinness) is the same.

The overall silhouette is neither here nor there in terms of a clean look, but it might grow on you, considering the fact that we have had some absolute monstrosities that inhabit our roads.
discoverwild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 08:13   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kautilya View Post
I own 1st gen amaze VX MT (P) - 4.5 yrs old. Yesterday I gave the booking amount for 2nd gen V CVT (P).
Congrats Kautilya on booking the new Amaze. Can you share your opinion on the below points?
Quote:
Fully aware of the rubber band effect of i-vtec which is carried forward onto the CVT as well and paddle shifting gears is just an emulation in a CVT; but it is still fun to drive.
Could you test drive the car in high traffic conditions? If yes, how is the drive and the low end power? Have Honda solved the low end torque problem of i-Vtec with the CVT?
Quote:
AVN touchscreen w/parking camera which I negotiated with the car dealer to get
aftermarket price (know that because current touchscreen purchased 4 yrs ago from an audio dealer was pricier).
I didn't quite get this point. Did you say you could strike a deal with the Honda dealer to retro fit the touchscreen and reverse camera in your V CVT model?

Thanks.
Old 27th May 2018, 12:41   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Congrats Kautilya on booking the new Amaze. Can you share your opinion on the below points?
Thanks

Quote:
Could you test drive the car in high traffic conditions? If yes, how is the drive and the low end power? Have Honda solved the low end torque problem of i-Vtec with the CVT?
I couldn't, but I can imagine how it would drive. The low-end torque problem is persistent which is why I mentioned the "rubber band effect". i-vtec is a relaxed engine which makes it heavenly smooth and that characteristic is not going to go away. With paddle-shifters, one can easily rev the engine to higher RPMs at lower gears and attain speeds of 60+ kmph.
In general, shifts are absolutely unnoticeable. Passengers can never tell when the gears are being altered; they will just hear that sweet clicking paddle sound and linearly increasing engine noise.
Will try to make a detailed review on this once I get the delivery.

Quote:
I didn't quite get this point. Did you say you could strike a deal with the Honda dealer to retro fit the touchscreen and reverse camera in your V CVT model?
Thanks.
Old one stays in the current car for the new owner to enjoy. Doesn't make sense to remove the bumper-mounted reverse parking camera, the system mechanism and putting the OEM unit back. What I meant was, I got the new system from dealer at a price cheaper than the current touchscreen.
kautilya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 13:12   #349
BHPian

Quote:
What I meant was, I got the new system from dealer at a price cheaper than the current touchscreen.
Is it the same digipad available in the top trim?
Old 27th May 2018, 13:30   #350
BHPian

Would it be possible to fit the Digipad 2.0 in V CVT variant? Any idea how much it would cost? My dealer is unaware of the feasibility, and he needs some time to check the compatibility.

Are there any other similar aftermarket headunits available that I can install instead of Digipad 2.0? I would like to have an AVN setup with reverse camera, and one that is compatible with steering mounter controls.
Old 27th May 2018, 13:40   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Would it be possible to fit the Digipad 2.0 in V CVT variant? Any idea how much it would cost? My dealer is unaware of the feasibility, and he needs some time to check the compatibility.

Are there any other similar aftermarket headunits available that I can install instead of Digipad 2.0? I would like to have an AVN setup with reverse camera, and one that is compatible with steering mounter controls.
Quote:
Is it the same digipad available in the top trim?
No sweat, you can use my research. I asked the same question. My dealer is providing me a very close match of Digipad2.0. Apart from 2nd USB port compensated on the unit itself, there are hardly any differences. Has same features as that of Digipad 2.0. It's a Motevo make with MapMyIndia Nav. with Cd/DVD/ SD Card, Reverse Parking Camera with guidelines, compatible with existing Steering mounted controls. Will get the model number and post here a few days later. Negotiated price from 45k to 33k. <pic attached:- this is how it looked in a car they have installed already>
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-img123.jpg  

Last edited by kautilya : 27th May 2018 at 14:04.
kautilya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 14:08   #352
BHPian

Quote:
It's a Motevo make with MapMyIndia Nav. with Cd/DVD/ SD Card, Reverse Parking Camera with guidelines, compatible with existing Steering mounted controls. Will get the model number and post here a few days later. Negotiated price from 45k to 33k.
So is it safe to assume that other aftermarket AVN units will also be compatible with the steering mounted controls?
I glanced upon a HU from Panasonic that looked quite elegant (hard to recall the model number). How to be sure that it will be compatible the steering controls of Amaze 2018?
Old 27th May 2018, 14:22   #353
BHPian

Quote:
So is it safe to assume that other aftermarket AVN units will also be compatible with the steering mounted controls?
I glanced upon a HU from Panasonic that looked quite elegant (hard to recall the model number). How to be sure that it will be compatible the steering controls of Amaze 2018?
Based on my current experience which worked well with existing Amaze's steering controls, they all should be compatible. An "adaptor" box needs to be present along with the unit to connect to the steering mounted controls. This box has components which act as a bridge between the unit and Steering control connectors. Ask this to your seller, he would know.
kautilya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 14:54   #354
BHPian

Quote:
It's a Motevo make with MapMyIndia Nav. with Cd/DVD/ SD Card, Reverse Parking Camera with guidelines, compatible with existing Steering mounted controls. Will get the model number and post here a few days later.
Quote:
Motevo is a Honda approved product. If you are going for other products make sure it will not affect the warranty.
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 09:49   #355
BHPian

I had a chance to test drive the Amaze diesel CVT variant yesterday. Overall impressions are decent.

1. In the automatic Avatar, I felt the car struggled a little to climb a steep incline with three on board. I was carrying decent speed while I started the climb, however, towards the end of the climb, I could hear the engine pretty load and clear inside the cabin.
2. Speaking about the engine noise, the motor can get really load and I felt it a little unpleasant.
3. Don't know why Honda cannot offer a top of the line automatic version? Not that the V variant misses out a lot, however, company fit is company fit.
4. Coming from an EcoSport Diesel, I felt the car softly sprung and the steering felt a little lifeless at dead centre.
5. In the sweltering heat, the ac did a good job of cooling down the interiors. Though it could have been a bit more better.
6. One very good thing I felt was, one can see almost the entire bonnet from the driver seat. I love that kind of arrangement!
7. Looks are subjective and in strictly my opinion, the front end could have been better.

Overall, I found Amaze to be an honest attempt from Honda, a car which may not win races or a lot of accolades; however will get the work done. In the daily grind the CVT would do a good job of keeping your left hand and leg happy.
The price point at which the diesel CVT is being offered is sweet! The refinement of CVT in this car is something to be experienced. Though a little underpowered, this is still miles ahead of the AMT's of the world.

Last edited by ObsessedByFIAT : 28th May 2018 at 09:50.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 12:05   #356
BHPian

We are hearing good to decent reviews from bhpians for Diesel CVT in context of Drivability, Vibration and Harshness, noise though lesser but still evident.

How is the Diesel MT in terms of NVH? I read that gearbox has also improved in i-Dtec, has anyone experienced it?

I have driven Jazz i-Dtec quite a few times. NVH while accelerating from lower to higher speeds, notchy gearbox and vibrations on clutch pedal does not provide a great driving experience, though at cruising speeds NVH is not felt much. I would like to know how this has improved in New Amaze i-Dtec MT.
Old 28th May 2018, 12:35   #357
BHPian

I was owner of Amaze 1st model(2014) & kept it for 2 years. Now I see a sea of changes brought in this car & still the pricing is almost same.

I used to like the amazing pick-up of 100 BHP diesel & comfort was too good. Only issue was the noise of the engine.
Yesterday I took the TD of new Amaze AT diesel. I was rather pleased with all the changes brought in as well as noise reduction.
The seats are contoured & more comfortable. Now the GC is 170mm compared to earlier 165. For interiors I should say a very big change. 1st model was just plain crap.

The engine noise is very well reduced. I could hear only little noise while moving the car zero onwards & also while starting the engine. This has been achieved by some special tuning of engine but that reduced the overall power to 80BHP compared to 100BHP in manual.

I believe people would be more interested in CVT compared to Manual for this car. In my Amaze the fuel efficiency was between 17 to 20 (city & highway) so with CVT & 80 BHP the figures should be similar or mostly above 15.
Only problem I faced with my Amaze was re-sale. I had a tough time selling it that too with a big discount. It was driven less than 10k in 2 years & had a perfect condition. So with my experience, I will think twice before buying this car again.
dextor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 08:35   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Arent there pics with other colors? I am seeing only red in all displays!!
Here are all the colours.

Radient red
Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-red.png

Modern Steel
Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-deepgrey.png

Golden Metallic Brown
Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-goldbrown.png

Lunar Silver
Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-silver.png

Orchid White Pearl
Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-white.png

Last edited by Flyer : 29th May 2018 at 08:36.
Flyer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 13:53   #359

I took a test drive of Amaze diesel cvt at Ring Road Honda, Gurgaon.

I like the combination of diesel and cvt and it works really well. We were five adults (most of them were "+" size http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...es/biggrin.gif) but engine never felt under-powered during acceleration and it didn't feel struggling even at highway speed (around 100 kmph). Ground clearance seems fine as well as we crossed some broken roads with full load of passengers. Overall quality felt satisfactory in the price range and audio was also fine if not great. Diesel clatter and overall refinement was at par with the competition. Cabin was fairly silent in comparison to the rivals. Air conditioning was good as it is 42+ temperature in NCR and cabin got cool quickly and no-one complained about it during the entire drive.

Some of the things were not that good especially the sheet metal which felt too light like other Japanese in this category. Muted thud from suspension can be felt constantly (ride quality was good though). It felt like built to cost at some areas if you really pay attention especially in the engine bay, where it felt like the car was not finished yet. Bonding near the strut felt really cheap and inner body parts were not properly painted. Pics attached for the reference. Sorry for the poor picture quality of phone camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-img20180528wa0006.jpg  

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-img20180528wa0007.jpg  

K_Tayal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 13:55   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Only problem I faced with my Amaze was re-sale. I had a tough time selling it that too with a big discount. It was driven less than 10k in 2 years & had a perfect condition. So with my experience, I will think twice before buying this car again.
Would you mind sharing the resale amount? I didn't expect the resale to be that difficult. Did you approach Honda used car division or Cars 24x7? If yes, could you please share the amount quoted? I'm planning to use this car for 5 to 7 years. Any idea what would be the approximate resale value by that time?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks