Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2018, 11:08   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Don't think you need to worry about this - they won't con your relative - please keep the receipt safe though. I don't remember any formal tracking number for my City booking.
Thanks, wasn't looking to smear Honda dealers but this relative is quite elderly and very trusting of everyone, and thus tends to get taken for a ride.

As I understand, he has been told that dealers will receive full details on 16 May, and thereafter can immediately choose the variant/colour on the spot. THAT will generate a Honda number it seems.
Old 4th May 2018, 11:16   #197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Quick question for people already booked the new Amaze by paying the 21k:

A relative of mine has booked one, but has only received a receipt from the dealer + a pro-forma invoice quoting Re. 1 as the price of the car. He has not received any formal tracking number from Honda per se.

Is this normal for Honda India or is he being conned?
While it is not a big deal, there have been some one off cases of cheating. As long as it is a genuine system generated receipt and the payment was not in cash, you should be good.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...r-receipt.html
Eddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 13:00   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
You are in the same boat as me. I've pre-booked a diesel CVT V variant.

My dealer mentioned that the V model might miss cruise control, Digipad, reverse parking camera. It looks this is deliberately done to keep the cost down and keep it close to equivalent model of Dzire (ZDI for diesel, VDI for petrol).
Hi Thank you very much after much of pestering the dealer sales rep was ready to share the following to my dad and the final options may vary or they are not allowed to disclose the same until 16th of May 2018 But should be helpful for most of us. But if you see the dzire ZDI+ is coming with projector light and touch screen infotainment. But the amaze is winning on the new shape
Amaze E

* Chrome front grill
* Dual tone interior
* Multi information display
* Low fuel working lamp
* Piano black console
* Tacho meter
* Ivory colored inner door handles
* Dual SRS airbags
* ABS with EBD & Brake assist
* Rev parking sensor
* Impact sensing door lock
* Isofix child fixing seat
* Driver side auto down window
* Front antenna
* Manual AC
* Front accessory socket

Amaze S

Inaddion of E

* Body colored door handles &ORVM with Side turn LED indicators
* Silver colored inner door handles
* Speed sensing door lock
* 2 DIN audio player with AM/FM/Aux-in, USB & Bluetooth with 4 speakers
* Steering mounted audio controls with HFT
* Shark finn antenna
* Rear arm rest with cup holder
* Key less entry
* Front & Rear accessory socket
* Electrically adjustable & foldable ORVM
* Tilt steering
* Driver side height adjustment
* Adjustable front seat headrest

Amaze v/vcvt

Inaddition of S

* LED positioning head amps(Only DRL main light is halogen)
* New design 15" alloy wheels
* Front & Rear mudguard
* Outside temp display
* Welcome light
* Front fog lamp
* Push start/stop button
* Paddle shift (Cvt only)
* Auto A/C
* Electromagnetic trunk opening
* Seat back pocket (As driver side)

Amaze vx

Inaddition of V

* Digipad 2.6 with android auto AVN with Apple car play, voice recognisation on steering wheel
* Driver side auto up&down with pinch guard
* 2 usb ports
* cruise controls
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 13:33   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnan_v View Post
But if you see the dzire ZDI+ is coming with projector light and touch screen infotainment. But the amaze is winning on the new shape
New shape? My friend you forget 1.5 litre i-Dtech v. 1.25 L Crdi. The revv happy petrol engine. Diesel plus CVT. Oh, I missed that CVT v. AMT. But ya, none of that is visible. Projector lights are.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 13:56   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
New shape? My friend you forget 1.5 litre i-Dtech v. 1.25 L Crdi. The revv happy petrol engine. Diesel plus CVT. Oh, I missed that CVT v. AMT. But ya, none of that is visible. Projector lights are.
Yes i can understand we used to have the old VTEC type2 for a short duration.

Quote:
Hi Thank you very much after much of pestering the dealer sales rep was ready to share the following to my dad and the final options may vary or they are not allowed to disclose the same until 16th of May 2018 But should be helpful for most of us. But if you see the dzire ZDI+ is coming with projector light and touch screen infotainment. But the amaze is winning on the new shape
With the V model loosing on the digipad and have the option to have a 2DIN music system, which will be the best ICE to go for? Has anyone thought of?

Last edited by Eddy : 4th May 2018 at 14:03. Reason: Merged
Old 4th May 2018, 14:21   #201
BHPian

Good job on the specs, if they're accurate. The 'S' itself looks quite VFM to me. Although Honda is stupid to not offer a VX CVT!
Old 4th May 2018, 15:28   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Amaze v/vcvt

Inaddition of S

* LED positioning head amps(Only DRL main light is halogen)
* New design 15" alloy wheels
* Front & Rear mudguard
* Outside temp display
* Welcome light
* Front fog lamp
* Push start/stop button
* Paddle shift (Cvt only)
* Auto A/C
* Electromagnetic trunk opening
* Seat back pocket (As driver side)
The Amaze V CVT is a close match to all the features offered by Dzire ZDI/ZXI AMT. Dzire has the rear AC vent, which is missing in Amaze. However when the driving smoothness and engine is considered, Amaze is the clear winner here.

The initial reviews impressed me so much that I cancelled my Dzire ZDI AMT booking, and pre-booked Amaze Diesel V CVT. The Dzire I booked will arrive in a day or two.

I really wish Honda does not price this too far from Dzire ZDI AMT which costs 10.35L OTR in Bangalore. If Amaze diesel V CVT is priced within 10.75L OTR in Bangalore, then the Amaze will be the best choice for those looking to buy an AT compact sedan.
scorpion_blore is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 15:59   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
The Amaze V CVT is a close match to all the features offered by Dzire ZDI/ZXI AMT. Dzire has the rear AC vent, which is missing in Amaze. However when the driving smoothness and engine is considered, Amaze is the clear winner here.

The initial reviews impressed me so much that I cancelled my Dzire ZDI AMT booking, and pre-booked Amaze Diesel V CVT. The Dzire I booked will arrive in a day or two.

I really wish Honda does not price this too far from Dzire ZDI AMT which costs 10.35L OTR in Bangalore. If Amaze diesel V CVT is priced within 10.75L OTR in Bangalore, then the Amaze will be the best choice for those looking to buy an AT compact sedan.
Yes for us the total mileage is not warranting a diesel and it will be used by my brother or mom and the total miles a month will be around the 500-600 mark. Yes the initial review is quiet impressive.

I have noticed some gaps to the specs what the Sales rep has provided.
a) no where in the variants its mentioned about the rear parking sensors. But in the demo cars in the reviews both V and VX had but not confirming whether its there or as on option.
b) VX will get the reversing camera but is not mentioned about its available as an option in V or can be retrofitted to any lower models.
c) Though the digipad is mentioned in VX with carplay and android auto no details about whether it can be retrofitted and also whether like in new Swift the honda connect as well works with tha t.
d) Other things not mentioned as rear defogger, comfort entry or touch sensor on the door handles, inside rear view mirrors auto dimming, heat absorbing front windscreen like in teh previous model.
e) HAve seen the under bonnet insulation in the demo diesel but not in the petrol version.
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 19:01   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Any pictures of all the colours? I have seen only the red and the grey so far.
Old 5th May 2018, 01:12   #205
BHPian

In the reviews the red and metallic brown are shown and also silver. Other colours are white and alabaster silver metallic.
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2018, 09:24   #206
BHPian

Quote:
In the reviews the red and metallic brown are shown and also silver. Other colours are white and alabaster silver metallic.
I believe the "metallic brown" that you are referring to is "Golden Brown". I saw this colour on Honda City and really liked it. I've pre-booked the same colour.
scorpion_blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 18:36   #207
BHPian

Thanks for the specs jayakrishnan_v

I feel that the hook for most customers will be the S variant.

The 1st Gen Amaze S petrol manual is currently 7.87 on-road in BLR - So, even if the 2nd Gen Amaze petrol works out to 8.25L or 8.5L on-road BLR for the same variant - that is very good value for what is by all accounts a significantly improved car over the 1st generation Amaze.

The V variant as shown below only offers frills in my opinion for what would be about Rs 1.5L to 2L more.

* LED positioning head amps - may be expensive to replace?
* New design 15" alloy wheels - not a deal breaker and can be installed outside
* Front & Rear mudguard - can be added as accesory
* Outside temp display - not a deal breaker
* Welcome light - not a deal breaker
* Front fog lamp - can be added outside
* Push start/stop button - not a must have
* Paddle shift (Cvt only) - not a deal breaker in this variant
* Auto A/C - not a deal breaker
* Electromagnetic trunk opening - not a deal breaker
* Seat back pocket (As driver side) - insignificant in the overall scheme of things.
Redline6800 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 22:22   #208
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I am currently on the look out for a car and have already booked a dzire zxi manual variant.

Now, as we all know the problem of having too many options, I am going through a tussle in my mind on whether I should hold on to my booking of dzire and consider amaze.

With the well marketed news about honda offering preferential pricing for the first 20000 bookings, I am even more tempted to wait and evaluate amaze.

However, the problem being -

a) I am handing over my celerio in exchange for the dzire and I believe I have really been given a good price for the car (3.7L for 4 year 2 months driven - VXI AMT variant with 34800 kms on the ODO. Certainly looks like a good deal to me). I have been informed of the dzire arriving at the dealership by this weekend and there is a pressure from the dealer to handover my car as the price he has offered for my car would not be the same in case i further delay my purchase.

b) Honda pricing is a crucial factor in my purchase decisions. I have extended my budget to the price of dzire zxi. However, I am not sure what would be the pricing for Amaze ? Any speculations or anyone here who can give me rough ballpark estimate.

c) I have seen every review of the Amaze on youtube. I believe in every review, people have mentioned about a certain lacklustre performance at city speeds for the petrol engine. Given that honda city petrol engine is loved by everyone, wouldn't the engine be offering similar if not better performance on a lighter vehicle?

d) Mileage again is one of my top concerns. I certainly can accept minor variations (1-2 kmpl/ltr) from dzire mileage, but not more. Any wild guesses around what can be the realistic expectation in city mileage

e) Is there any chance that the first 20K bookings would have been met? How to ascertain that your booking is indeed under the first 20K bracket?

f) I have had good if not the best experience during various service for my cars all along with Maruti. Not sure, how it would be with Honda and though they have brought down the service intervals, what can be the expected service costs for petrol manual?

I know I have too many more questions, but that is what I am going through right now. I like the dzire, but just do not want to not loose out on buying Amaze if its really worth the wait and money.

Last edited by vijay.s : 9th May 2018 at 22:28.
Old 10th May 2018, 10:01   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
I know I have too many more questions, but that is what I am going through right now. I like the dzire, but just do not want to not loose out on buying Amaze if its really worth the wait and money.
a) If you really wish and willing to put in a little more effort, you would definitely fetch better price than what dealer is offering for your Celerio. So don't let this factor affect your new car purchase.

b) I am very sure that it will undercut Dzire with its introductory pricing.

c) Honda City has 1.5 liter petrol motor and Amaze has 1.2. When it comes to Petrol, Maruti has some best engines considering power, efficiency and reliability. Honda's 1.2 unit is reliable but lacks performance a bit.

d) Again I am not sure about real world figures, but Dzire would trump Amaze, with its light weight, in fuel efficiency figures.

e) NO. You still have a chance.

f) Not sure.

In short, you should wait for a week more for Amaze pricing and then go ahead with your car whichever you like.
Old 10th May 2018, 11:36   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am currently on the look out for a car and have already booked a dzire zxi manual variant.

b) Honda pricing is a crucial factor in my purchase decisions. I have extended my budget to the price of dzire zxi. However, I am not sure what would be the pricing for Amaze ? Any speculations or anyone here who can give me rough ballpark estimate.
Looks like we are in the same boat. Even I'm in the lookout for a decent AT, and I'm preferring diesel considering my monthly usage of 1750 kms.

Initially I booked Dzire ZDI AMT. Honestly Dzire didn't wow me in any way. The infamous head nods during gear shifts were observed during the TD. The head nods were felt more during sudden acceleration. Since there was no other option for diesel ATs (apart from Zest which does not even have the creep functionality, and Ameo which I felt overpriced), I went ahead and booked DZire. Luckily the media reviews for the new Amaze came up all over the internet and the overall opinion was positive. So I cancelled my Dzire and pre-booked Amaze diesel V CVT.

My dealer mentioned that the price would be close to Dzire. However I feel diesel V CVT may be prices around 50-75k more than Dzire ZDI AMT considering the fact that many buyers would prefer CVT over AMT.

BTW which variant of Amaze are you considering to pre-book?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks